Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Poll: Fodder Rescues
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1. I have rescued plenty of fodder. Usually I obtain them during large dominance pushes when I am exalting hundreds of dragons a week. I normally buy them for the purpose of exalting, then once they are in my lair, they begin to grow on me. 2. They tend to be Skydancers. They are my second favorite breed so naturally I would end up with a lot of them. I tend to like really bright and interesting looking colors. Stuff that most people would just exalt without question but which I really like. 3. Assuming I continue to like them, they become a permanent resident of my lair. I begin to think of lore for them, and commission art for them. My lair is quite wealthy from all the dragons who do end up exalted, so those who are rescued get a great life there. 4. Some of them I get rid of after about a week if I grow tired of them. Assuming they've gotten past that and I still like them? Forever. 5. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52930474] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/529305/52930474_350.png[/img] [/url] Blitz is interesting because I [i]almost[/i] ended up exalting him. He was obtained during Fire's push against Plague in June 2019. I thought he looked interesting but wasn't sure I wanted him in my lair. After exalting his two siblings, I decided that I liked him too much to send him that way. One of the reasons I like him so much is the push itself from which he was obtained from. Basically, Plague had been in the lead for the entire week. On the final day, Fire decided to go all out and exalt as many dragons as possible. Around 2 hours before rollover we flipped the board and won dominance for that week. That victory was one of the most satisfying things I have experienced on FR and this dragon reminds me of that moment. He is now level 25 with artwork in his bio.
1. I have rescued plenty of fodder. Usually I obtain them during large dominance pushes when I am exalting hundreds of dragons a week. I normally buy them for the purpose of exalting, then once they are in my lair, they begin to grow on me.

2. They tend to be Skydancers. They are my second favorite breed so naturally I would end up with a lot of them. I tend to like really bright and interesting looking colors. Stuff that most people would just exalt without question but which I really like.

3. Assuming I continue to like them, they become a permanent resident of my lair. I begin to think of lore for them, and commission art for them. My lair is quite wealthy from all the dragons who do end up exalted, so those who are rescued get a great life there.

4. Some of them I get rid of after about a week if I grow tired of them. Assuming they've gotten past that and I still like them? Forever.

52930474_350.png

Blitz is interesting because I almost ended up exalting him. He was obtained during Fire's push against Plague in June 2019. I thought he looked interesting but wasn't sure I wanted him in my lair. After exalting his two siblings, I decided that I liked him too much to send him that way. One of the reasons I like him so much is the push itself from which he was obtained from. Basically, Plague had been in the lead for the entire week. On the final day, Fire decided to go all out and exalt as many dragons as possible. Around 2 hours before rollover we flipped the board and won dominance for that week. That victory was one of the most satisfying things I have experienced on FR and this dragon reminds me of that moment. He is now level 25 with artwork in his bio.
giphy.gif
1. Yeah, a good majority of mine were probably sold as fodder- Or they're bred offspring of these fodder dragons, that one might also consider fodder. Been doing much less buying nowadays due to projects and limited space, but I had been scanning fairly frequently just to see what was available. It's usually whatever caught my eye.

2. Usually something about them struck my fancy. Pleasant colors, or unusual genes. Never anything specific, unless it actually was for a project.

3. I keep them.

4. I keep what I buy, otherwise I probably won't buy them if I think I won't keep them for any reason. On the rare occasion I don't, which I can't remember if it ever happened- I'm sure it must've, I'll sell em again. So I couldn't say other than for as long as it takes?

5. Hmm.... Probably Gemmers. Despite being a cry/bee/opal his colors were just.... So ugly. I found him to be super charming and endearing because of that. He'd been on the AH for a while, to boot. So now he's my sentient crystal artificial dragon that helps run my lair for my clan leader.

Melapon, my avatar, is probably my favorite in my lair so far and one I'm pretty proud of despite not technically being a rescue. She's the spawn of a random fodder pair I just tossed in a nest one day.
1. Yeah, a good majority of mine were probably sold as fodder- Or they're bred offspring of these fodder dragons, that one might also consider fodder. Been doing much less buying nowadays due to projects and limited space, but I had been scanning fairly frequently just to see what was available. It's usually whatever caught my eye.

2. Usually something about them struck my fancy. Pleasant colors, or unusual genes. Never anything specific, unless it actually was for a project.

3. I keep them.

4. I keep what I buy, otherwise I probably won't buy them if I think I won't keep them for any reason. On the rare occasion I don't, which I can't remember if it ever happened- I'm sure it must've, I'll sell em again. So I couldn't say other than for as long as it takes?

5. Hmm.... Probably Gemmers. Despite being a cry/bee/opal his colors were just.... So ugly. I found him to be super charming and endearing because of that. He'd been on the AH for a while, to boot. So now he's my sentient crystal artificial dragon that helps run my lair for my clan leader.

Melapon, my avatar, is probably my favorite in my lair so far and one I'm pretty proud of despite not technically being a rescue. She's the spawn of a random fodder pair I just tossed in a nest one day.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not? Yes. 1.a. If yes, do you do it often, or just occasionally? Only occasionally. I don't keep all that many dragons overall. 1.b. If yes, do you go out specifically looking for them, or do you just see them spontaneously and can't resist? A little of A, a little of B... sometimes I'll sort through the cheapest hatchlings and stick them in the Workshop to see if there are any hidden gems. Sometimes I'm exalting and discover that I don't want to give one of the fodder dragons up. Most of the time, however, it's hatchlings produced by dragons I nested to give me free fodder, and it's because I made the mistake of seeing if they'd be cute if I gened them instead of exalting them. 2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?) I really favor dragons that wouldn't normally get a glance from anyone else that then turn out to be potential lookers. An example: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/518720/51871936_350.png[/img] Wisteria/Brick/Fog. Nobody would touch her in a million years, normally. There's no way those would go together. Right? But look... [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=24&winggene=1&wings=107&auth=1d13421f386d9357b686787fafbfff8dcf0cc15c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] 3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? I keep them until I get tired of them. Then they get exalted. Though the ones I was particularly attached to might get a resell attempt first. 4. How long do you usually keep them? Depends. Could be anywhere from a couple weeks and then buyer's regret to years and years. A lot of my favorite long-term dragons are these. 5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? Already kinda did. Not my favorite, but a great example if you ask me.
1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not?
Yes.

1.a. If yes, do you do it often, or just occasionally?
Only occasionally. I don't keep all that many dragons overall.

1.b. If yes, do you go out specifically looking for them, or do you just see them spontaneously and can't resist?
A little of A, a little of B... sometimes I'll sort through the cheapest hatchlings and stick them in the Workshop to see if there are any hidden gems. Sometimes I'm exalting and discover that I don't want to give one of the fodder dragons up. Most of the time, however, it's hatchlings produced by dragons I nested to give me free fodder, and it's because I made the mistake of seeing if they'd be cute if I gened them instead of exalting them.

2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?)
I really favor dragons that wouldn't normally get a glance from anyone else that then turn out to be potential lookers.

An example:

51871936_350.png
Wisteria/Brick/Fog. Nobody would touch her in a million years, normally. There's no way those would go together. Right? But look...

dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=11&breed=12&element=9&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=137&tertgene=24&winggene=1&wings=107&auth=1d13421f386d9357b686787fafbfff8dcf0cc15c&dummyext=prev.png

3. What do you do with your fodder rescues?
I keep them until I get tired of them. Then they get exalted. Though the ones I was particularly attached to might get a resell attempt first.

4. How long do you usually keep them?
Depends. Could be anywhere from a couple weeks and then buyer's regret to years and years. A lot of my favorite long-term dragons are these.

5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite?
Already kinda did. Not my favorite, but a great example if you ask me.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1. Yes! I tend to buy fodder priced dragons because I'm cheap. 1a. I used to more often, but right not not too much because I'm trying to focus on the permas I already have. 1b. I usually either comb through fodder dragons to see if one has a colour combo I like, or I buy large numbers of fodder dragons at once and for some reason one of them catches my eye. 2. I don't have any criteria. It's just any dragon I find pretty, or that has very unique colours, or some kind of personality or pop that I can't really explain. 3. They become my permas! I might switch some genes around, but at a minimum they get an outfit and some lore 4. They become permas, so with very few exceptions, they stay forever 5. A good half of my permas were bought at fodder price (or below!) but my two most standout memeories are: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34002374] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/340024/34002374_350.png[/img] [/url] I sniped Midsummer during a dom battle for half the current fodder price, but something about him made me pause. I think it was that he was bred, and had multiple active offspring. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32762345] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/327624/32762345_350.png[/img] [/url] One of the first dragons I ever bought was Eclipse, though at the time he was named STROOPWAFFEL. I liked his colour combo, and (as it had just debuted at the time) switched his tert to lace on a whim and gave him sweetheart lace apparel. I thought it was cute to have a dragon with such an edgy colour combo look so gentle, and he's one of my favourites.
1. Yes! I tend to buy fodder priced dragons because I'm cheap.
1a. I used to more often, but right not not too much because I'm trying to focus on the permas I already have.
1b. I usually either comb through fodder dragons to see if one has a colour combo I like, or I buy large numbers of fodder dragons at once and for some reason one of them catches my eye.

2. I don't have any criteria. It's just any dragon I find pretty, or that has very unique colours, or some kind of personality or pop that I can't really explain.

3. They become my permas! I might switch some genes around, but at a minimum they get an outfit and some lore

4. They become permas, so with very few exceptions, they stay forever

5. A good half of my permas were bought at fodder price (or below!) but my two most standout memeories are:

34002374_350.png

I sniped Midsummer during a dom battle for half the current fodder price, but something about him made me pause. I think it was that he was bred, and had multiple active offspring.

32762345_350.png

One of the first dragons I ever bought was Eclipse, though at the time he was named STROOPWAFFEL. I liked his colour combo, and (as it had just debuted at the time) switched his tert to lace on a whim and gave him sweetheart lace apparel. I thought it was cute to have a dragon with such an edgy colour combo look so gentle, and he's one of my favourites.
angy.png FR time +3
they/them
Water Dom Org
...............................water-swon.png
1. Yes! I love getting dragons that other people might overlook or not want anymore. It helps that they’re free or very inexpensive. I do it occasionally, usually when I have some space freed up. Sometimes I’ll go looking for specific types of dragons (eg breeding project candidates) but usually it’s whatever I find appealing in the moment. 2. Colors are the most important factor since those can’t be changed, followed by genes/breed. I am more likely to rescue if I don’t need to change anything about the dragon. Names aren’t a huge deal. If I don’t care for a name, it can be easily changed. 3. Sometimes I keep them as permas. Sometimes I keep them until a breeding project finishes and/or I find a better match if I was going for something specific. Some sit in my HibDen for a while until I decide whether to keep them long term. If I do decide not to keep an exalt rescue, I’ll usually put them on the Exalt Row thread in Dragon Share before selling or exalting. 4. Usually pretty long term. I don’t pick up rescue dragons that I don’t intend to keep for a while. 5. So I have this one breeding project I’ve been working on for a while now with a difficult color combo. This guy popped up in an exalt rescue thread and lo and behold, has 2/3 of the right colors with the third color not too far off. I enjoy him so much though that I will keep him as a perma even after the project finishes. Meet Helios! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51042441] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/510425/51042441_350.png[/img] [/url] [s]yes imps are way inefficient for breeding projects where the end result won’t be an imp, but I think he’s so pretty the way he is and really wouldn’t want to change him[/s]
1. Yes! I love getting dragons that other people might overlook or not want anymore. It helps that they’re free or very inexpensive. I do it occasionally, usually when I have some space freed up. Sometimes I’ll go looking for specific types of dragons (eg breeding project candidates) but usually it’s whatever I find appealing in the moment.

2. Colors are the most important factor since those can’t be changed, followed by genes/breed. I am more likely to rescue if I don’t need to change anything about the dragon. Names aren’t a huge deal. If I don’t care for a name, it can be easily changed.

3. Sometimes I keep them as permas. Sometimes I keep them until a breeding project finishes and/or I find a better match if I was going for something specific. Some sit in my HibDen for a while until I decide whether to keep them long term. If I do decide not to keep an exalt rescue, I’ll usually put them on the Exalt Row thread in Dragon Share before selling or exalting.

4. Usually pretty long term. I don’t pick up rescue dragons that I don’t intend to keep for a while.

5. So I have this one breeding project I’ve been working on for a while now with a difficult color combo. This guy popped up in an exalt rescue thread and lo and behold, has 2/3 of the right colors with the third color not too far off. I enjoy him so much though that I will keep him as a perma even after the project finishes. Meet Helios!

51042441_350.png

yes imps are way inefficient for breeding projects where the end result won’t be an imp, but I think he’s so pretty the way he is and really wouldn’t want to change him
Never be afraid to ping me!
1. Yes.
1.a. Occasionally.
1.b. Nope, sometimes it just happens, and sometimes the dragon I'm looking for just happens to be fodder.

2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? Gen ones with genes are my most common rescue, followed by gen ones without genes, but occasionally I've kept a non-gen one that was really nice.

3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? Keep them, dress them, lore them.

4. How long do you usually keep them? Until the end of time.

5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Seca was bought as fodder, but looked vaguely familiar to me. Turns out she's the mother to the dragon I use as an avatar, who's also my clan leader. A coincidence for the ages.
1. Yes.
1.a. Occasionally.
1.b. Nope, sometimes it just happens, and sometimes the dragon I'm looking for just happens to be fodder.

2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? Gen ones with genes are my most common rescue, followed by gen ones without genes, but occasionally I've kept a non-gen one that was really nice.

3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? Keep them, dress them, lore them.

4. How long do you usually keep them? Until the end of time.

5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Seca was bought as fodder, but looked vaguely familiar to me. Turns out she's the mother to the dragon I use as an avatar, who's also my clan leader. A coincidence for the ages.
ZincAlloy.gif
1. Yes! While buying a dragon from a carefully planned pair or breeding yourself the exact dragon you want are both fun methods of expanding the clan, there's also something to be said for tripping over an unexpected gem. 1a. Occasionally. I can happily exalt a fodder that's simply pretty (or just flip it for above fodder price if it feels worth the time), it has to be something special to be irresistable. 1b. Spontaneous! 2. Most often, just looks. If I never thought of the combo before but WOW PERFECT, that's either going to be a perma, or the jumping-off point for a new breeding project. 3. Same as with most of my dragons, just browse through them and smile, pick a matchy familiar and maybe a few apparel pieces. One rescue did become my favorite Mire Flyer though! 4. I've never exalted a dragon once I decided they were a perma, so thus far, forever! 5. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40274164][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/402742/40274164_350.png[/img][/url] I might've kept him anyway, because he actually makes a gene (Opal) work that otherwise I really don't like. On him it looks like patches of algae floating on water, so he's a cool unique Nature dragon. However, when I sniped him, his name was 'Garbage'. That was pretty much the deciding factor. 'No you're not, you're awesome, and you're staying with me!'
1. Yes! While buying a dragon from a carefully planned pair or breeding yourself the exact dragon you want are both fun methods of expanding the clan, there's also something to be said for tripping over an unexpected gem.
1a. Occasionally. I can happily exalt a fodder that's simply pretty (or just flip it for above fodder price if it feels worth the time), it has to be something special to be irresistable.
1b. Spontaneous!

2. Most often, just looks. If I never thought of the combo before but WOW PERFECT, that's either going to be a perma, or the jumping-off point for a new breeding project.

3. Same as with most of my dragons, just browse through them and smile, pick a matchy familiar and maybe a few apparel pieces. One rescue did become my favorite Mire Flyer though!

4. I've never exalted a dragon once I decided they were a perma, so thus far, forever!

5. 40274164_350.png
I might've kept him anyway, because he actually makes a gene (Opal) work that otherwise I really don't like. On him it looks like patches of algae floating on water, so he's a cool unique Nature dragon.

However, when I sniped him, his name was 'Garbage'. That was pretty much the deciding factor. 'No you're not, you're awesome, and you're staying with me!'
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
1. Occasionally, it's usually pretty spontaneous. Either the fodder stood out to me, or it was one of those adult dragons shoved in at the hatchling prices.

2. It's unique to each dragon. For some it's the colours, but for others I just didn't want to see them exalted.

3. Keep them, or if I lose interest; sell or give them to friends.

4. Well, based on the last few I've gotten, it seems that they're going to be around for a while!

5. Okay, I think I have 2 that stand out, as they are main parts of my lore now.

The first one is a Gen 1 hatchling I grabbed around a few hours after it was hatched. There were two up from this specific user, one bog female and one noc male. Right up at the top of the AH when you first go into the dragons tab, and the male stood out to me. I gave him a quick scry, landed on the scry in his bio, and quickly bought him. Found out through a search a while after his sorta-sister was exalted, and makes me wish I had grabbed her as well, especially has her colours are on point with one of my other permas, aside from the tert.

But now he's the brother of my first perma baby, (who was my first properly
finished gen 1 project) as well as the son of my first ever gen 1 and her girlfriend!

The second I got as a hatchling also, and was near the top of the page again, when you first go into the dragons tab. There were 5 basic dragons, all related, with only one mirror in the batch, whom had multigaze. I snapped her up, and then checked her parents to find out she was a second gen, to someone elses progens (which is just pretty neat). She also had an odd colour combo, but her colours work much better with the right genes!

Here she is! She's now the daughter of my Clan leader and her second in command!

1. Occasionally, it's usually pretty spontaneous. Either the fodder stood out to me, or it was one of those adult dragons shoved in at the hatchling prices.

2. It's unique to each dragon. For some it's the colours, but for others I just didn't want to see them exalted.

3. Keep them, or if I lose interest; sell or give them to friends.

4. Well, based on the last few I've gotten, it seems that they're going to be around for a while!

5. Okay, I think I have 2 that stand out, as they are main parts of my lore now.

The first one is a Gen 1 hatchling I grabbed around a few hours after it was hatched. There were two up from this specific user, one bog female and one noc male. Right up at the top of the AH when you first go into the dragons tab, and the male stood out to me. I gave him a quick scry, landed on the scry in his bio, and quickly bought him. Found out through a search a while after his sorta-sister was exalted, and makes me wish I had grabbed her as well, especially has her colours are on point with one of my other permas, aside from the tert.

But now he's the brother of my first perma baby, (who was my first properly
finished gen 1 project) as well as the son of my first ever gen 1 and her girlfriend!

The second I got as a hatchling also, and was near the top of the page again, when you first go into the dragons tab. There were 5 basic dragons, all related, with only one mirror in the batch, whom had multigaze. I snapped her up, and then checked her parents to find out she was a second gen, to someone elses progens (which is just pretty neat). She also had an odd colour combo, but her colours work much better with the right genes!

Here she is! She's now the daughter of my Clan leader and her second in command!

xxx the octopus the myth the legend dj octavio fandragon xx "GYAH HA HA! Not if I crash your big finish!"
credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr credit to cephalonheadquarters on tumblr
KLTxh3r.pngv2PJF9u.pngeswSnrS.png
bX96R21.png6meUms1.png
splatoon fandragons!!
e
e
1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not? [indent]I do that every now and then, because I love odd colors or I need to bring a new personality into the lair.[/indent] 2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?) [indent]Colors. Breed and name can be changed while I don't want to put gems into a bunch of scatterscrolls.[/indent] 3. What do you do with your fodder rescues? [indent]Gene them up and find a good breeding match for them.[/indent] 4. How long do you usually keep them? [indent]I´m kind of 50/50 on keeping them basically forever or eventually getting tired of them and if not exalting I sell them - maybe because I wasn't 100% happy with how they looked from the start.[/indent] 5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite? [indent][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2804714] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/28048/2804714_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=437898] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4379/437898_350.png[/img] [/url] These are my oldest rescues that I've still kept all this time. Story is in their bio. Especially Matsia is one I could never get rid of. [/indent]
1. Have you ever rescued a fodder? Why/why not?
I do that every now and then, because I love odd colors or I need to bring a new personality into the lair.

2. What makes you decide to rescue a specific dragon? (Is it a particular breed, color combo, name, etc?)
Colors. Breed and name can be changed while I don't want to put gems into a bunch of scatterscrolls.

3. What do you do with your fodder rescues?
Gene them up and find a good breeding match for them.

4. How long do you usually keep them?
I´m kind of 50/50 on keeping them basically forever or eventually getting tired of them and if not exalting I sell them - maybe because I wasn't 100% happy with how they looked from the start.

5. Can you share your favorite fodder rescue and/or their story? Why are they your favorite?

2804714_350.png

437898_350.png

These are my oldest rescues that I've still kept all this time. Story is in their bio. Especially Matsia is one I could never get rid of.
5KT5SCp.png
CioCFC3.png

FR +9 | Always looking up | They/Them
1.a Yes, I have rescued fodder dergs before, but I don’t do it very often. I’m very picky with my dragons so usually I just end up exalting. 1.b Most of the time I just buy lots of fodder to exalt and notice that that one derg is actually very pretty (while buying or leveling) and depending on my mood, lair space and need of money I decide to keep them, rehome them or just exalt! I have also bought dergs while looking for cheap pretty babies but I don’t buy specifically buy those to save them from exalting. 2. As I said above, it depends. If I see a pretty dragon I don’t want to exalt I might do it anyway if it’s during a push or I really need money. I usually decide to keep if I can make an outfit for the derg and/or have a lore idea, otherwise I’ll try to rehome. 3. The same I do with all my other dragons :) just keep them around, make them an outfit, some lore or art if I can 4. I don’t think I’ve gotten rid of many of my fodder rescues, I don’t get rid of them more than any other (more expensive) dragon. I keep most my dragons for a good while 5. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48775178] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/487752/48775178_350.png[/img] [/url] This is Rue. I noticed that she was quite a bit prettier than my other fodder dergs when it was her turn to get leveled, but I needed money so I started to level her anyway. I didn’t exalt her right after bc I was still unsure about her. I think it was during a festival, because I had just gotten this nice accent, and I decided to try it out on her. Well, I immediatly fell in love with her look. I dressed her up a bit more and even got a lore idea since she was so nearly exalted. Now she is the only dragon in my entire lair with proper story-type lore, and I love her! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43205337] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/432054/43205337_350.png[/img] [/url] Marin is a derg I bought for fodder price so I guess he counts too? I found him while looking through cheap dergs to find pretties. As soon as I saw him, I fell in love immediatly. I had never had that before that strongly and I’ve never had it since. I couldn’t believe he was so cheap and I snatched him up instantly! I love him so much <3
1.a Yes, I have rescued fodder dergs before, but I don’t do it very often. I’m very picky with my dragons so usually I just end up exalting.
1.b Most of the time I just buy lots of fodder to exalt and notice that that one derg is actually very pretty (while buying or leveling) and depending on my mood, lair space and need of money I decide to keep them, rehome them or just exalt! I have also bought dergs while looking for cheap pretty babies but I don’t buy specifically buy those to save them from exalting.

2. As I said above, it depends. If I see a pretty dragon I don’t want to exalt I might do it anyway if it’s during a push or I really need money. I usually decide to keep if I can make an outfit for the derg and/or have a lore idea, otherwise I’ll try to rehome.

3. The same I do with all my other dragons :) just keep them around, make them an outfit, some lore or art if I can

4. I don’t think I’ve gotten rid of many of my fodder rescues, I don’t get rid of them more than any other (more expensive) dragon. I keep most my dragons for a good while

48775178_350.png

This is Rue. I noticed that she was quite a bit prettier than my other fodder dergs when it was her turn to get leveled, but I needed money so I started to level her anyway. I didn’t exalt her right after bc I was still unsure about her. I think it was during a festival, because I had just gotten this nice accent, and I decided to try it out on her. Well, I immediatly fell in love with her look. I dressed her up a bit more and even got a lore idea since she was so nearly exalted. Now she is the only dragon in my entire lair with proper story-type lore, and I love her!

43205337_350.png

Marin is a derg I bought for fodder price so I guess he counts too? I found him while looking through cheap dergs to find pretties. As soon as I saw him, I fell in love immediatly. I had never had that before that strongly and I’ve never had it since. I couldn’t believe he was so cheap and I snatched him up instantly! I love him so much <3
RAS7foa.png
Wn94zHr.png
XmHV7tO.png
bYt72YT.png
dEe2UrM.png

edsfge
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx skyleaf.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7