Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you state that your lair exalts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I've never stated it directly because I feel like it's kind of the default? I also don't buy to exalt that much - I've only started doing that a tiny bit, recently. I kind of mention it obliquely a couple times - I say that if I've directly messaged you about a dragon and haven't heard back in a week it's getting exalted, and a couple of my lair tabs mention that the tabs may contain fodder.
I've never stated it directly because I feel like it's kind of the default? I also don't buy to exalt that much - I've only started doing that a tiny bit, recently. I kind of mention it obliquely a couple times - I say that if I've directly messaged you about a dragon and haven't heard back in a week it's getting exalted, and a couple of my lair tabs mention that the tabs may contain fodder.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
I said the same thing on the other thread but I have one because it helps to stop the thank you comments and people who are annoyed their dragon was exalted. Also let's newer players know that if their dragon is in my lair it's probably being exalted, and if they wanted to see it stay around I'll sell it back to them.

However, having the notice is just my preference. It's not basic etiquette. I just get though enough dragons per push that I got annoyed at thank yous and "I didn't want x dragon exalted can I have it back"s.
I said the same thing on the other thread but I have one because it helps to stop the thank you comments and people who are annoyed their dragon was exalted. Also let's newer players know that if their dragon is in my lair it's probably being exalted, and if they wanted to see it stay around I'll sell it back to them.

However, having the notice is just my preference. It's not basic etiquette. I just get though enough dragons per push that I got annoyed at thank yous and "I didn't want x dragon exalted can I have it back"s.
Cinus_small.png
I also find it pointless, like stating that you collect dragons. At the same time I thought about doing it to give people the option to snag my dragons before they get yeeted.
I also find it pointless, like stating that you collect dragons. At the same time I thought about doing it to give people the option to snag my dragons before they get yeeted.
a1.pnga2.pnga3.gifa4.png He/Him
Plural They/Them
RP Clan
Gen1 Raffle
tbh I just use the banner bc I think it looks neat.

I don't care if other people do it nor have I heard of it falling under some nonexistent etiquette.
tbh I just use the banner bc I think it looks neat.

I don't care if other people do it nor have I heard of it falling under some nonexistent etiquette.
Yeah, I do. I buy and exalt a lot of dragons and I personally don't want to upset someone by exalting a dragon they don't want exalted. I know that once I buy a dragon it is mine and I am entitled to do whatever I want with it, but I don't feel comfortable with the thought of upsetting someone.

Nobody is required to put a note in their bio or anything like that. I am comforted by the fact that I can give people a little peace of mind by letting them know that they are welcome to ask for their dragon back or that it will certainly be named before exalting. I would want someone to do the same for me, personally.
Yeah, I do. I buy and exalt a lot of dragons and I personally don't want to upset someone by exalting a dragon they don't want exalted. I know that once I buy a dragon it is mine and I am entitled to do whatever I want with it, but I don't feel comfortable with the thought of upsetting someone.

Nobody is required to put a note in their bio or anything like that. I am comforted by the fact that I can give people a little peace of mind by letting them know that they are welcome to ask for their dragon back or that it will certainly be named before exalting. I would want someone to do the same for me, personally.
td9UiZS.png
I don't have the fancy animation one but I do have it listed in the bottom that I am exalting.

As you said exaltation is a part of the game and its lore isn't even that your dragons die but they serve the deities now.

Even before Den was a thing there were only 200 slots available. Are you really telling me you expect a player to not exalt some dragons when just breeding some dergs can give you up to 4-5 eggs max and this cycle get repeated every couple of days?

Your lair would have to be of the limited breed ones like Imps, Wildclaws, and Coatls to have the time to purchase slots and even then you'd still have like maybe a couple dragons compared to other plentiful breeds that breed every 2 weeks and a day.

The point of the game isn't to keep as many dergs as you like in your lair. It's to have as many or as little in your lair while still exalting.

True I have 100+ permas but I actually have the space for them and even as time passes and I buy slots I will still have space for them.
I don't have the fancy animation one but I do have it listed in the bottom that I am exalting.

As you said exaltation is a part of the game and its lore isn't even that your dragons die but they serve the deities now.

Even before Den was a thing there were only 200 slots available. Are you really telling me you expect a player to not exalt some dragons when just breeding some dergs can give you up to 4-5 eggs max and this cycle get repeated every couple of days?

Your lair would have to be of the limited breed ones like Imps, Wildclaws, and Coatls to have the time to purchase slots and even then you'd still have like maybe a couple dragons compared to other plentiful breeds that breed every 2 weeks and a day.

The point of the game isn't to keep as many dergs as you like in your lair. It's to have as many or as little in your lair while still exalting.

True I have 100+ permas but I actually have the space for them and even as time passes and I buy slots I will still have space for them.
I have it noted because it makes life easier.

I have my tabs labeled for what is fodder what isn't it seems to make it easier for people to tell if I plan to keep a dragon or not.
I have it noted because it makes life easier.

I have my tabs labeled for what is fodder what isn't it seems to make it easier for people to tell if I plan to keep a dragon or not.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
Yes. I do it more so that I don't get 'thanks for buying my dragon XD :3', I couldn't care less if someone said to me 'um, it's common etiquette to say you are an exalting lair' because frankly, Karen, it is not.
Yes. I do it more so that I don't get 'thanks for buying my dragon XD :3', I couldn't care less if someone said to me 'um, it's common etiquette to say you are an exalting lair' because frankly, Karen, it is not.
Nope, but I have a lair tab named exalt/sell in the main lair and another named fodder in the Hibernal den, so it's pretty obvious where a dragon is going from glancing through that. I must be the only clan on FR that is an active, heavy exalter on a regular basis who has never had a message thanking me for buying an obvious fodder dragon though! I've also never had anyone message me angrily about an exalt. I occasionally get messages from people asking if they can have a dragon stored in the exalt or fodder tabs, but they've always been polite and I'm always happy to trade for an alternative fodder dragon.
Nope, but I have a lair tab named exalt/sell in the main lair and another named fodder in the Hibernal den, so it's pretty obvious where a dragon is going from glancing through that. I must be the only clan on FR that is an active, heavy exalter on a regular basis who has never had a message thanking me for buying an obvious fodder dragon though! I've also never had anyone message me angrily about an exalt. I occasionally get messages from people asking if they can have a dragon stored in the exalt or fodder tabs, but they've always been polite and I'm always happy to trade for an alternative fodder dragon.
I do, just to try and keep people from thanking me for giving their fodder a foreverhome. I don't think it's etiquette or anything, I just don't want to be bothered when I use the AH.
I do, just to try and keep people from thanking me for giving their fodder a foreverhome. I don't think it's etiquette or anything, I just don't want to be bothered when I use the AH.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8