Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | water lore that was never expanded upon
1 2 3
oh i really want those flight encyclopedia pages now
oh i really want those flight encyclopedia pages now
m87ieVe.png
Are you telling me that water clans are basically ice clans except they have secret prisons instead of not-so-secret prisons? Is that why they're so secretive all the time?

Is this what the upcoming Water vs. Ice dom battle is about? Now that gaolers are out and about, whose prisons will they use?
Are you telling me that water clans are basically ice clans except they have secret prisons instead of not-so-secret prisons? Is that why they're so secretive all the time?

Is this what the upcoming Water vs. Ice dom battle is about? Now that gaolers are out and about, whose prisons will they use?
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
If I’m understanding it right, does that mean that wind dragons are free to roam water territory, unlike other flights? I kinda love that, i like to think that tidelord and windsinger are very close, so that’d just be another thing to add to the list lol
If I’m understanding it right, does that mean that wind dragons are free to roam water territory, unlike other flights? I kinda love that, i like to think that tidelord and windsinger are very close, so that’d just be another thing to add to the list lol
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
There are a number of lore bits scattered around if one is looking for them. Another Water one would be in the one from the FR tumblr about [url=https://flightrising.tumblr.com/post/31214729809/what-is-the-nastiest-meanest-race-of]'What is the nastiest flight?' (Shadow/Plague/and Ice of course.)[/url] But Water gets its own mention. 'Many water dragons know the future, but they won’t tell other flights what trials might befall them.' [quote name="Etuisen" date="2019-07-21 15:01:21" ] If I’m understanding it right, does that mean that wind dragons are free to roam water territory, unlike other flights? I kinda love that, i like to think that tidelord and windsinger are very close, so that’d just be another thing to add to the list lol [/quote] @Etuisen I took it more that Wind dragons can control air, and as such, much like the Windsinger for the Kelp Beds(but in a far lesser extent) can just make pockets of air to go wherever they like in the Water.
There are a number of lore bits scattered around if one is looking for them.

Another Water one would be in the one from the FR tumblr about 'What is the nastiest flight?' (Shadow/Plague/and Ice of course.)

But Water gets its own mention.

'Many water dragons know the future, but they won’t tell other flights what trials might befall them.'
Etuisen wrote on 2019-07-21 15:01:21:

@Etuisen

I took it more that Wind dragons can control air, and as such, much like the Windsinger for the Kelp Beds(but in a far lesser extent) can just make pockets of air to go wherever they like in the Water.
4QFtgPW.png
@reilata yeah that makes more sense, but still
@reilata yeah that makes more sense, but still
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
That's some wild s**t, bruh

I suppose all flights have their dark tendencies, though
That's some wild s**t, bruh

I suppose all flights have their dark tendencies, though
f0PgqbB.png Call me Alex, or Kieran!
pronouns: he/him, they/them
FR +0
old-oaks-2.png Lair sales
Old Oaks sales (lair)
Old Oaks sales (HibDen)
7kXqKFJ.png
[quote name="Etuisen" date="2019-07-21 15:01:21" ] If I’m understanding it right, does that mean that wind dragons are free to roam water territory, unlike other flights? I kinda love that, i like to think that tidelord and windsinger are very close, so that’d just be another thing to add to the list lol [/quote] You could also look at it another way; Wind could be Water's biggest threat. Not only are they capable of moving around in Water territory with needing a water mage to monitor and assist them (and therefore be able to counteract quickly in the case of the outsider being a threat), they are fully capable of projecting air bubbles that can allow [i]other[/i] flights to invade Water territory, as demonstrated by the Kelp Beds. That means that any flight looking to pick a fight with Water would find Wind a very useful ally, so I imagine Water cozying up to Wind with trade agreements and whatnot, which means that Wind might think that keeping Water friendly could outweigh turning against them. Ultimately, all flights are looking out for their best interests. Flight weaknesses and how they might be interpreted in the lore are very interesting to think about. Edit: Wait, Wind is weak against Water, isn't it? Oh my, now that's something to think about. So Wind would have to rely upon other flights to counteract Water if Water decides to push things, which would definitely motivate them to keep friendly relations with other flights, especially since Water and Wind share a border.

You could also look at it another way; Wind could be Water's biggest threat. Not only are they capable of moving around in Water territory with needing a water mage to monitor and assist them (and therefore be able to counteract quickly in the case of the outsider being a threat), they are fully capable of projecting air bubbles that can allow other flights to invade Water territory, as demonstrated by the Kelp Beds.

That means that any flight looking to pick a fight with Water would find Wind a very useful ally, so I imagine Water cozying up to Wind with trade agreements and whatnot, which means that Wind might think that keeping Water friendly could outweigh turning against them.

Ultimately, all flights are looking out for their best interests. Flight weaknesses and how they might be interpreted in the lore are very interesting to think about.

Edit: Wait, Wind is weak against Water, isn't it? Oh my, now that's something to think about. So Wind would have to rely upon other flights to counteract Water if Water decides to push things, which would definitely motivate them to keep friendly relations with other flights, especially since Water and Wind share a border.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
Wow, Wind got special treatment? I wonder how that changed after we, y'know, changed the wind and created an apocalyptic storm that they temporarily thought had killed their deity and all.

Actually, I'm kinda glad that lore didn't end up expanded upon. This way there's more choice whether to include it or not.
Wow, Wind got special treatment? I wonder how that changed after we, y'know, changed the wind and created an apocalyptic storm that they temporarily thought had killed their deity and all.

Actually, I'm kinda glad that lore didn't end up expanded upon. This way there's more choice whether to include it or not.
LxbWmll.png
Am I the only one who imediately interpreted this as water dragons being like selkies or mermaids and lure dragons into the sea to be their prisoners since most dragons aren't willing to voluntarily visit otherwise and not Just A Different Jail For Bad Children? [quote name="Etuisen" date="2019-07-21 15:01:21" ] If I’m understanding it right, does that mean that wind dragons are free to roam water territory, unlike other flights? I kinda love that, i like to think that tidelord and windsinger are very close, so that’d just be another thing to add to the list lol [/quote] @Etuisen Of course they are close, they have a child together. No fighting in front of the Stormcatcher!
Am I the only one who imediately interpreted this as water dragons being like selkies or mermaids and lure dragons into the sea to be their prisoners since most dragons aren't willing to voluntarily visit otherwise and not Just A Different Jail For Bad Children?
@Etuisen
Of course they are close, they have a child together. No fighting in front of the Stormcatcher!
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png

'Many water dragons know the future, but they won’t tell other flights what trials might befall them.'

L O R E I D E A S

L O R E I D E A S
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
1 2 3