Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Wind Dom] - Sky Racing Extravaganza
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Into The Woods[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]The rain had seemingly subsided. The fresh glass glimmered in the morning sun with dew, butterflies perched their delicate legs upon blades to drink the water, and the border of Nature’s domain smelled rich and sweet with pollen. “The rain is cleared!” The announcer’s voice brimmed with joy and anticipation, relieved to see there would be no more agitation among the skies. “The next leg of the race is upon us! Good morning to you all!” Mitzi’s rested wing felt considerably better from the last leg, stretching it into the warm air and giving it a test flutter. Reassured, she sought out Alietum, who stood by water to gaze adoringly at his reflection. Mitzi felt somewhat sheepish, an apology at the end of her tongue for causing so much trouble in the previous race. Alietum felt a presence from behind him and turned to spot her, nose turning up to the air. “...Mitzi, was it?” Alietum asked. Mizti brightened. “Yes! Yes, good morning, I wanted to-” Before she could finish, Alietum had shushed her with a wave of his claw, instead taking Mitzi’s leather brace upon her arm, tugging out a quill pen from his scarf and bending the nib to release the ink, scrawling his signature across Mitzi’s brace. He smiled, patting her. “No need to thank me, it was the right thing to do,” Alietum chuckled. He shook his head and left Mitzi by the water, amused. “Fans, they truly find any way they can...” Mitzi stared at her arm, face sagging into an expression of disbelief and discontent. “Everyone at the ready!” The announcer bellowed. “The race is about to begin! We’ll be starting in the Everbloom Gardens and finishing on the edges across the sea and to Light domain’s Mirrorlight Promenade!” Lillian waited before the others. Her gaze remained unwavering but her ear gave a twitch upon hearing the approach of the other flyers. Alietum stood by her side, and Mitzi at his. Alietum eyed Lillian, to which she huffed. “Stop that.” “I am going to assume your win yesterday was mere luck. Brace yourself, for I will win this leg.” The trumpeteers moved into position, the announcer sat upon the starter lines with a broad grin, claws clung to the megaphone. “Alright!” The announcer called. “On the sound of the trumpets, the next leg will begin! Good luck to all of our most brave flyers, see you in the land of the Lightweaver!” The trumpets sounded and the three sped off in an instant. Alietum took an early lead, weaving about the trees and vines, the gentle wind carried him along with its petals and pollen, soaring among the hummingbirds. In passing he collected a fruit to eat, smugly throwing a look over his shoulder before extending his wings to fly off. Lillian’s wings tucked themselves in, bursting through the low flora, flowers bending with the wind’s sharp pull. Mitzi coiled herself around thin, lush branches in order to obtain higher ground, keeping steady pace with the others. “Alietum is in the far lead! Behind him is Lillian who is catching up to full speed! Mitzi is high overhead - could she be planning a surprise maneuver?” Lillian glanced up overhead to spot Mitzi. Alietum appeared not to notice, gliding easily through the twists and turns of the Viridian Labyrinth. The Behemoth towered high above them all, a symbol of Sornieth’s lifespan, and even Lillian could not help but to admire its impressive presence. Alietum darted into the Shrieking Wilds, hoping to take the bend through to the Gladeveins. Lillian wanted to avoid the obstacles of the Wilds, and so instead pushed skyward, hoping to follow suit in Mitzi’s actions. The wind felt stronger high above the Shrieking Wilds, the humid air stifling and damp. Lillian noticed Mitzi’s gaze did not rest forward but down, body corkscrew spiralling to negate the wind’s hefty push. Lillian caught herself admiring the technique, but would not allow herself to lose. Her wings spread and her head tucked in, she burst through the wind and challenged Mitzi for the coveted space. “Lillian appears to be taking on Mitzi’s technique! Meanwhile Alietum has been unmatched in the Shrieking Wilds! Which technique will result in a win from today’s race?” The announcer asked. Alietum hit the Gladeveins in a pool of leaves scattered in his wake. He made to turn and look behind him to check his competition, when at once Lillian came bursting past him, his scarf flapping in the sudden winds. She glanced back at him, a hint of smugness in her eyes, before pushing on ahead. “Lillian takes a surprise lead!” Cried the announcer. “She lives up yet again to her impressive agility! Can anyone overtake her before she reaches the finish line?” Alietum refused to allow it. He chased Lillian in ferocious determination to overtake her. Their wings almost tipping one another over, their feet left solid ground in favour of crystalline water, the gushing sound of roaring falls and babbling brooks smothered their hearing but they could not bring themselves to care. “It looks like Mitzi is hurtling towards Alietum and Lillian!” Both Alietum and Lillian looked up in shock, to see Mitzi riding the winds, slithering through the skies and speeding just underneath them both to take the lead. Her wings trembled at the force of her exertion, fully focused on the lands ahead. In the distance the Sunbeam Ruins shone gold with sunlight and broken marble. Mitzi barely managed to angle herself through the finish poles, flapping her wings to halt herself, crashing into the arid ground and rolling her body across the marble promenade in a series of grunts and groans. “Mitzi has finished the leg in first place!” The announcer cried, to a cheering crowd filtering in. Mitzi sat up and blurted out a whoop, punching into the air with a breathless cry of joy. Lillian skidded through the finish poles, dogged closely by Alietum. The announcer hopped perches with an eager smile. “Lillian lands in second and Alietum at an incredibly close third!” The crowd cheered amidst the undaunted sunshine. “The race’s finish is almost here!” The announcer cheered. “So much can happen in a mere moment, I’m eager to see how it goes! For now, the Viridian Labyrinth is completed, tomorrow we venture into the Sunbeam Ruins! Congratulations to our bravest flyers!” Mitzi’s body ached, but the joy of winning overrode any other feeling that could have been lingering in the back of her head. She watched Lillian approach, feeling somewhat unsure of her intention, but smiled, chest still heaving in needed air. “You flew really well today, Lillian!” Mitzi nodded. “...You did good,” Lillian returned. She passed Mitzi, and left for the shade. Mitzi blinked, surprised by the compliment. Mitzi’s body began to bounce, basking in her victory, feeling accomplished. Meanwhile Alietum sulked, consoled by his fans who cooed and offered him grapes. Tomorrow would bring unrelenting sun. And all three prepared themselves to win the Sunbeams Ruins leg. [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Daily Badge[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing. If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing[/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Thursday[/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/KhSPRtP/megaphone.gif[/img][/url] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/KhSPRtP/megaphone.gif[/img][/url][/code] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][font=Georgia]@Deladria @Ramiella @Greyscales @Aelfrey @DarkWolf133 @Glykon @October @Etuisen @Yoaisami @Scurvy @almarose @elmlily @VelveteenVixen @Foxofwonders @aceofshades [/center]
Divider-Small.png
Into The Woods

The rain had seemingly subsided. The fresh glass glimmered in the morning sun with dew, butterflies perched their delicate legs upon blades to drink the water, and the border of Nature’s domain smelled rich and sweet with pollen.

“The rain is cleared!” The announcer’s voice brimmed with joy and anticipation, relieved to see there would be no more agitation among the skies. “The next leg of the race is upon us! Good morning to you all!”

Mitzi’s rested wing felt considerably better from the last leg, stretching it into the warm air and giving it a test flutter. Reassured, she sought out Alietum, who stood by water to gaze adoringly at his reflection. Mitzi felt somewhat sheepish, an apology at the end of her tongue for causing so much trouble in the previous race. Alietum felt a presence from behind him and turned to spot her, nose turning up to the air.

“...Mitzi, was it?” Alietum asked. Mizti brightened.

“Yes! Yes, good morning, I wanted to-”

Before she could finish, Alietum had shushed her with a wave of his claw, instead taking Mitzi’s leather brace upon her arm, tugging out a quill pen from his scarf and bending the nib to release the ink, scrawling his signature across Mitzi’s brace. He smiled, patting her.

“No need to thank me, it was the right thing to do,” Alietum chuckled. He shook his head and left Mitzi by the water, amused. “Fans, they truly find any way they can...”

Mitzi stared at her arm, face sagging into an expression of disbelief and discontent.

“Everyone at the ready!” The announcer bellowed. “The race is about to begin! We’ll be starting in the Everbloom Gardens and finishing on the edges across the sea and to Light domain’s Mirrorlight Promenade!”

Lillian waited before the others. Her gaze remained unwavering but her ear gave a twitch upon hearing the approach of the other flyers. Alietum stood by her side, and Mitzi at his. Alietum eyed Lillian, to which she huffed.

“Stop that.”

“I am going to assume your win yesterday was mere luck. Brace yourself, for I will win this leg.”

The trumpeteers moved into position, the announcer sat upon the starter lines with a broad grin, claws clung to the megaphone.

“Alright!” The announcer called. “On the sound of the trumpets, the next leg will begin! Good luck to all of our most brave flyers, see you in the land of the Lightweaver!”

The trumpets sounded and the three sped off in an instant.

Alietum took an early lead, weaving about the trees and vines, the gentle wind carried him along with its petals and pollen, soaring among the hummingbirds. In passing he collected a fruit to eat, smugly throwing a look over his shoulder before extending his wings to fly off. Lillian’s wings tucked themselves in, bursting through the low flora, flowers bending with the wind’s sharp pull. Mitzi coiled herself around thin, lush branches in order to obtain higher ground, keeping steady pace with the others.

“Alietum is in the far lead! Behind him is Lillian who is catching up to full speed! Mitzi is high overhead - could she be planning a surprise maneuver?”

Lillian glanced up overhead to spot Mitzi. Alietum appeared not to notice, gliding easily through the twists and turns of the Viridian Labyrinth. The Behemoth towered high above them all, a symbol of Sornieth’s lifespan, and even Lillian could not help but to admire its impressive presence. Alietum darted into the Shrieking Wilds, hoping to take the bend through to the Gladeveins. Lillian wanted to avoid the obstacles of the Wilds, and so instead pushed skyward, hoping to follow suit in Mitzi’s actions.

The wind felt stronger high above the Shrieking Wilds, the humid air stifling and damp. Lillian noticed Mitzi’s gaze did not rest forward but down, body corkscrew spiralling to negate the wind’s hefty push. Lillian caught herself admiring the technique, but would not allow herself to lose. Her wings spread and her head tucked in, she burst through the wind and challenged Mitzi for the coveted space.

“Lillian appears to be taking on Mitzi’s technique! Meanwhile Alietum has been unmatched in the Shrieking Wilds! Which technique will result in a win from today’s race?” The announcer asked.

Alietum hit the Gladeveins in a pool of leaves scattered in his wake. He made to turn and look behind him to check his competition, when at once Lillian came bursting past him, his scarf flapping in the sudden winds. She glanced back at him, a hint of smugness in her eyes, before pushing on ahead.

“Lillian takes a surprise lead!” Cried the announcer. “She lives up yet again to her impressive agility! Can anyone overtake her before she reaches the finish line?”

Alietum refused to allow it. He chased Lillian in ferocious determination to overtake her. Their wings almost tipping one another over, their feet left solid ground in favour of crystalline water, the gushing sound of roaring falls and babbling brooks smothered their hearing but they could not bring themselves to care.

“It looks like Mitzi is hurtling towards Alietum and Lillian!”

Both Alietum and Lillian looked up in shock, to see Mitzi riding the winds, slithering through the skies and speeding just underneath them both to take the lead. Her wings trembled at the force of her exertion, fully focused on the lands ahead. In the distance the Sunbeam Ruins shone gold with sunlight and broken marble. Mitzi barely managed to angle herself through the finish poles, flapping her wings to halt herself, crashing into the arid ground and rolling her body across the marble promenade in a series of grunts and groans.

“Mitzi has finished the leg in first place!” The announcer cried, to a cheering crowd filtering in. Mitzi sat up and blurted out a whoop, punching into the air with a breathless cry of joy. Lillian skidded through the finish poles, dogged closely by Alietum. The announcer hopped perches with an eager smile. “Lillian lands in second and Alietum at an incredibly close third!”

The crowd cheered amidst the undaunted sunshine.

“The race’s finish is almost here!” The announcer cheered. “So much can happen in a mere moment, I’m eager to see how it goes! For now, the Viridian Labyrinth is completed, tomorrow we venture into the Sunbeam Ruins! Congratulations to our bravest flyers!”

Mitzi’s body ached, but the joy of winning overrode any other feeling that could have been lingering in the back of her head. She watched Lillian approach, feeling somewhat unsure of her intention, but smiled, chest still heaving in needed air.

“You flew really well today, Lillian!” Mitzi nodded.

“...You did good,” Lillian returned. She passed Mitzi, and left for the shade. Mitzi blinked, surprised by the compliment. Mitzi’s body began to bounce, basking in her victory, feeling accomplished. Meanwhile Alietum sulked, consoled by his fans who cooed and offered him grapes.

Tomorrow would bring unrelenting sun. And all three prepared themselves to win the Sunbeams Ruins leg.

Divider-Small.png
Daily Badge

Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing.

If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing

Thursday

megaphone.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/KhSPRtP/megaphone.gif[/img][/url]
Divider-Small.png
qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
I am so here for the budding friendship that's happening between all the flyers.

Maybe not Alietum yet, though, but I did chuckle when he signed Mitzi's brace!
I am so here for the budding friendship that's happening between all the flyers.

Maybe not Alietum yet, though, but I did chuckle when he signed Mitzi's brace!
FR-Trinket-Bottle-A-Amariel.gif greysun.png Greyscales
» she/her
» fr time +15
» nest network
Never gonna give you up.
Never gonna let you down.
Never gonna run around
and desert you.
Yes, Sunbeam Ruins!!! As before my clan's gonna cheer for the flyers as long as they're in Light's territory [emoji=sun size=1]
Yes, Sunbeam Ruins!!! As before my clan's gonna cheer for the flyers as long as they're in Light's territory
hkazXyz.png
- he/him
- 25 y/o
- bird nerd
- pings + random frq ok!
52qPuy7.png
@Zemael
I just want to tell you how much your graphics are amazing ! I love opening this thread and looking at them !
@Zemael
I just want to tell you how much your graphics are amazing ! I love opening this thread and looking at them !
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
Also I caught up the daily roleplay and I'm so excited to see what will happen to them, I love them haha - @Lallie, could I be added to pinglist for the next legs of the race ?
Also I caught up the daily roleplay and I'm so excited to see what will happen to them, I love them haha - @Lallie, could I be added to pinglist for the next legs of the race ?
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
Oh my god Alietum, you did not-- :'D
Oh my god Alietum, you did not-- :'D
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]Hello all, I hope you are doing well today and that RNG and coli are smiling upon you! Unfortunately our lovely lore writer, PunchingSolas, has fallen very ill and has been unable to write up today's lore post. The rest of us have tried to pull something together, but it doesn't even live up to the amazing work they've done for us in writing, so we will forgo today's. Perhaps the racers are on a one day break? However with that being said, they've told us they will be up to writing tomorrow's lore and a big wrap up post, with both of those pieces making up for what we lost today, so do not despair my friends. I hope you all understand, and we sincerely apologise for the lack of a daily lore post today. Hope your days go well.[/center] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Daily Badge[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing. If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing[/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Friday[/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/NKRGh1L/OOF-v6.gif[/img][/url] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/NKRGh1L/OOF-v6.gif[/img][/url][/code] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][font=Georgia]@Deladria @Ramiella @Greyscales @Aelfrey @DarkWolf133 @Glykon @October @Etuisen @Yoaisami @Scurvy @almarose @elmlily @VelveteenVixen @Foxofwonders @aceofshades @Welgan [/center]
Divider-Small.png
Hello all, I hope you are doing well today and that RNG and coli are smiling upon you! Unfortunately our lovely lore writer, PunchingSolas, has fallen very ill and has been unable to write up today's lore post. The rest of us have tried to pull something together, but it doesn't even live up to the amazing work they've done for us in writing, so we will forgo today's. Perhaps the racers are on a one day break? However with that being said, they've told us they will be up to writing tomorrow's lore and a big wrap up post, with both of those pieces making up for what we lost today, so do not despair my friends.

I hope you all understand, and we sincerely apologise for the lack of a daily lore post today. Hope your days go well.
Divider-Small.png
Daily Badge

Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing.

If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing

Friday

OOF-v6.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/NKRGh1L/OOF-v6.gif[/img][/url]
Divider-Small.png
qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
@PunchingSolas

Sorry to hear you're knocked out! Get better soon!
@PunchingSolas

Sorry to hear you're knocked out! Get better soon!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
@PunchingSolas Get well soon! I love your work!
@PunchingSolas Get well soon! I love your work!
FR-Trinket-Bottle-A-Amariel.gif greysun.png Greyscales
» she/her
» fr time +15
» nest network
Never gonna give you up.
Never gonna let you down.
Never gonna run around
and desert you.
@PunchingSolas I hope you feel better soon! Thank you for writing such an entertaining story

@Lallie Could I be put on the pinglist for the last day please?
@PunchingSolas I hope you feel better soon! Thank you for writing such an entertaining story

@Lallie Could I be put on the pinglist for the last day please?
hwxM86P.png FR+1
She/her pronouns!
Freelance artist
ShaDOM Discord
(open to all!)
gold_sword.gif galaxy_love.gif jmOzXMH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8