Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Wind Dom] - Sky Racing Extravaganza
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is such a fun theme for the week! Can I be added to the pinglist, please?
This is such a fun theme for the week! Can I be added to the pinglist, please?
@lallie
can i get pings for the daily lore and badges too pls? :D
@lallie
can i get pings for the daily lore and badges too pls? :D
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
[center][color=teal]It's good to see y'all, Wind Flight! I love the lore for this week and the art and badges are excellent. Keep up the good work! Hehe, time to go send some dragons for the public buy! [img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8p7avtzcS1rcccogo1_500.gif[/img]
It's good to see y'all, Wind Flight! I love the lore for this week and the art and badges are excellent. Keep up the good work!

Hehe, time to go send some dragons for the public buy!

tumblr_m8p7avtzcS1rcccogo1_500.gif
PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

This is all a bit overwhelming but I’m still excited! Can I be put on the pinglist please?
This is all a bit overwhelming but I’m still excited! Can I be put on the pinglist please?
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
I’d love to be added to the pinglist, please! :)
I’d love to be added to the pinglist, please! :)
pwyw humanoids
fr+3
@Lallie
The theme is amazing! Is there a way to send fodder to your team?
@Lallie
The theme is amazing! Is there a way to send fodder to your team?
P9aWhak.png Ujr5ghr.png B8HmiZX.png UYR6vpC.png WBC5JG3.png
Y4rfA4q.png
Pinglist please!
Pinglist please!
5VAXjaj.pngFFpBIKI.pngjKoaviz.png
[center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Into the Land of Ice[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]“I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful first day of Skyracing! The new day is upon us and with that the flyers are preparing themselves for an exciting race ahead!” The announcer’s voice ran through the plateau, carried by the winds. The flyers readied themselves to a starting perch. All three carried about them a seriousness. Yesterday’s events had proven to each other the skill of each flyer, all three were worth taking seriously. Mitzi glanced to Lillian, while Alietum threw a look to Mitzi. “The flight across Sornieth begins today! We leave the Windswept Plateau stage and begin our journey across the sea and onto the Southern Icefields! Mind yourselves, the winds are colder, the Cloudscrape Crags loom ever taller! Our finish line for today’s course is sat at the very end of the Floes, towards Starfall Isle!” The announcer fluttered into position, and perched upon the checkered line. Overlooking each flyer, sights set forward and path marked with lines of string suspended between balloons. The announcer prepared the trumpeteers. “On the sound of the trumpets, the race will start! As always to our flyers, best of luck to each of you!” The trumpets sounded on the wave of the announcers arms, and the three flyers lifted and sped off to the sound of cheering and whooping. Mitzi realised she had never left Wind territory, wrought with nerves that dissipated upon watching the ground leave far beneath her feet, replaced by gushing sea. Her gaze turned forward, the Icefields in sight. “Lillian has taken an early lead!” Shouted the announcer, flying among them. “Against easy winds her speed carries her like a Zephyr Bolt in the Mire! Oh, but what’s happened? Alietum dips underneath her and has come out in front!” Lillian scoffed, the skydancer in front of her offering her a smug smirk, glancing over his wing to gauge her agitation, soaring ahead. Lillian chased Alietum to the Icefields, in the corner of her vision she spotted Mitzi corkscrew spiralling through the wind. “All three flyers have reached the Southern Icefields! Their challenge will be avoiding the Crags!” The announcer called, keeping a sharp eye out for the three. The bitter winds stung the flyers’ wings and faces. Alietum felt relieved to have given himself the foresight of goggles, but Lillian and Mitzi persisted in the face of extreme cold, cutting through the frigid chill in a bid to outfly each other. The Crags stretched skyward with their unending height, and Mitzi marvelled at the colossal size of them. The spaces between the mountainous giants were tight and jagged, as the three crashed into the first Crag’s side their claws scraped stone and they bounced from wall to wall. Lillian lost her speed navigating the complex canyons, seeking instead the route around them, hoping her speed would be enough to offset the longer distance. Alietum proved himself an adept and graceful navigator, but Mitzi’s natural ease of fluidity let her pass through the crevices as if they were nothing. “Amazing technique from newcomer Mitzi!” Shouted the announcer. “What excellent wayfinding! The Crags are complete, and all that remains for our brave flyers are the Frigid Floes!” Lillian saw Mitzi emerge from the Crags, for a moment surprised and impressed, before her determination forced her onwards. Alietum emerged from the Crags, pushing off from the steep edges and sprinting forth to catch up to the two. The Floes bobbed and crunched along the shifting sea, the silhouette of the checkpoint in sight among the far distance. The bobbing caps of ice occasionally jumped from the water, threatening to knock unwary flyers with their size, sprays of sea water wetted wings and tail tips but the air felt less biting, the harshness against their eyes lessened. Alietum lifted his goggles to avoid being blinded by the specks of water peppering up at him. “The checkpoint is within their reach!” The announcer called, brimming with excitement. “Who will finish today’s leg the victor?” The three sped along, the far distant Starfall Isle gleamed in the background. Lillian honed in on the checkpoint, followed by Alietum and Mitzi. She stopped short of hitting a bobbing floe, watching Mitzi speed by her. Alietum remained close to her tail, but her sudden dip caught him off guard. Mitzi skidded across the ice, past the checkpoint posts and to an uproar of cheers. Her expression lit up, heaving with exertion, and cheered with them. The announcer clambered to the checkpoint post to perch, breathless. “Mitzi has finished in first for this leg of the race! Congratulations to her for her outstanding ability! She is followed by Lillian and lastly Alietum!” Alietum and Lillian landed, Alietum storming off in a tantrum. Lillian strode away to rest and prepare, while Mitzi glanced over to them both, wondering if she should say something encouraging to them. As she began her steady walk over to them, she heard the announcer speak. “Tomorrow we make our way through Starfall Isle!” The announcer beamed an eager smile. “The Crystalspine Reaches will no doubt pose a great challenge for our capable flyers! Can they maneuver their way through the Arcane territory?” Alietum did not wish to speak, too busy sulking among his fans, who fanned him and uttered coos of appreciation. Lillian preferred instead to brood alone, stretching her wings and organising her thoughts. Mitzi’s head rang with the remnant of victory. Tomorrow would be another feat to overcome, but she felt excited for the opportunity. All three rested to prepare themselves for the next leg of the race. [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Daily Badge[/b][/color][/font][/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406]Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing. If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing[/size] [size=4][font=Georgia][color=175406][b]Monday[/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/2Fbn2qq/flags.gif[/img][/url] [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/2Fbn2qq/flags.gif[/img][/url][/code] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/k226vgb/Divider-Small.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][font=Georgia]@Deladria @Ramiella @Greyscales @Aelfrey @DarkWolf133 @Glykon @October @Etuisen @Yoaisami @Scurvy [/center]
Divider-Small.png
Into the Land of Ice

“I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful first day of Skyracing! The new day is upon us and with that the flyers are preparing themselves for an exciting race ahead!”

The announcer’s voice ran through the plateau, carried by the winds. The flyers readied themselves to a starting perch. All three carried about them a seriousness. Yesterday’s events had proven to each other the skill of each flyer, all three were worth taking seriously. Mitzi glanced to Lillian, while Alietum threw a look to Mitzi.

“The flight across Sornieth begins today! We leave the Windswept Plateau stage and begin our journey across the sea and onto the Southern Icefields! Mind yourselves, the winds are colder, the Cloudscrape Crags loom ever taller! Our finish line for today’s course is sat at the very end of the Floes, towards Starfall Isle!”

The announcer fluttered into position, and perched upon the checkered line. Overlooking each flyer, sights set forward and path marked with lines of string suspended between balloons. The announcer prepared the trumpeteers.

“On the sound of the trumpets, the race will start! As always to our flyers, best of luck to each of you!”

The trumpets sounded on the wave of the announcers arms, and the three flyers lifted and sped off to the sound of cheering and whooping. Mitzi realised she had never left Wind territory, wrought with nerves that dissipated upon watching the ground leave far beneath her feet, replaced by gushing sea. Her gaze turned forward, the Icefields in sight.

“Lillian has taken an early lead!” Shouted the announcer, flying among them. “Against easy winds her speed carries her like a Zephyr Bolt in the Mire! Oh, but what’s happened? Alietum dips underneath her and has come out in front!”

Lillian scoffed, the skydancer in front of her offering her a smug smirk, glancing over his wing to gauge her agitation, soaring ahead. Lillian chased Alietum to the Icefields, in the corner of her vision she spotted Mitzi corkscrew spiralling through the wind.

“All three flyers have reached the Southern Icefields! Their challenge will be avoiding the Crags!” The announcer called, keeping a sharp eye out for the three.

The bitter winds stung the flyers’ wings and faces. Alietum felt relieved to have given himself the foresight of goggles, but Lillian and Mitzi persisted in the face of extreme cold, cutting through the frigid chill in a bid to outfly each other. The Crags stretched skyward with their unending height, and Mitzi marvelled at the colossal size of them.

The spaces between the mountainous giants were tight and jagged, as the three crashed into the first Crag’s side their claws scraped stone and they bounced from wall to wall. Lillian lost her speed navigating the complex canyons, seeking instead the route around them, hoping her speed would be enough to offset the longer distance. Alietum proved himself an adept and graceful navigator, but Mitzi’s natural ease of fluidity let her pass through the crevices as if they were nothing.

“Amazing technique from newcomer Mitzi!” Shouted the announcer. “What excellent wayfinding! The Crags are complete, and all that remains for our brave flyers are the Frigid Floes!”

Lillian saw Mitzi emerge from the Crags, for a moment surprised and impressed, before her determination forced her onwards. Alietum emerged from the Crags, pushing off from the steep edges and sprinting forth to catch up to the two.

The Floes bobbed and crunched along the shifting sea, the silhouette of the checkpoint in sight among the far distance. The bobbing caps of ice occasionally jumped from the water, threatening to knock unwary flyers with their size, sprays of sea water wetted wings and tail tips but the air felt less biting, the harshness against their eyes lessened. Alietum lifted his goggles to avoid being blinded by the specks of water peppering up at him.

“The checkpoint is within their reach!” The announcer called, brimming with excitement. “Who will finish today’s leg the victor?”

The three sped along, the far distant Starfall Isle gleamed in the background. Lillian honed in on the checkpoint, followed by Alietum and Mitzi. She stopped short of hitting a bobbing floe, watching Mitzi speed by her. Alietum remained close to her tail, but her sudden dip caught him off guard. Mitzi skidded across the ice, past the checkpoint posts and to an uproar of cheers. Her expression lit up, heaving with exertion, and cheered with them. The announcer clambered to the checkpoint post to perch, breathless.

“Mitzi has finished in first for this leg of the race! Congratulations to her for her outstanding ability! She is followed by Lillian and lastly Alietum!”

Alietum and Lillian landed, Alietum storming off in a tantrum. Lillian strode away to rest and prepare, while Mitzi glanced over to them both, wondering if she should say something encouraging to them. As she began her steady walk over to them, she heard the announcer speak.

“Tomorrow we make our way through Starfall Isle!” The announcer beamed an eager smile. “The Crystalspine Reaches will no doubt pose a great challenge for our capable flyers! Can they maneuver their way through the Arcane territory?”

Alietum did not wish to speak, too busy sulking among his fans, who fanned him and uttered coos of appreciation. Lillian preferred instead to brood alone, stretching her wings and organising her thoughts. Mitzi’s head rang with the remnant of victory. Tomorrow would be another feat to overcome, but she felt excited for the opportunity.

All three rested to prepare themselves for the next leg of the race.

Divider-Small.png
Daily Badge

Send in at least one dragon through the PB to earn the daily badges. If you miss a badge you can make it up by sending in one 0t dragon for each badge you're missing.

If you're a Windie you can also snag these too! Just level and exalt one dragon each day to earn them. Miss a badge? Send in a donation to the Wind bank for each badge you're missing

Monday

flags.gif
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2711416][img]https://i.ibb.co/2Fbn2qq/flags.gif[/img][/url]
Divider-Small.png
qvTNuJR.png
~May the wind forever be in your favour and may it always be at your back~

Australian | FR +19 | She/Her
candle-smol.png
Yeah! That's what we call beginner's luck!
Yeah! That's what we call beginner's luck!
FR-Trinket-Bottle-A-Amariel.gif greysun.png Greyscales
» she/her
» fr time +15
» nest network
Never gonna give you up.
Never gonna let you down.
Never gonna run around
and desert you.
@lallie Will you please add me to the ping list?
@lallie Will you please add me to the ping list?
PNDWoTf.gifPNDWoTf.gifPNDWoTf.gifPNDWoTf.gifPNDWoTf.gifPNDWoTf.gifPNDWoTf.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8