Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight White Noise
1 2 3 4
For Arcane, I recommend looking up EM Noise [insert your favorite planet here] and just loop it.
Here's some things I associate with the planets sounding like:
Neptune - Deep underwater noises. The sound of a submarine going deeper and deeper into an ocean.

Venus - Very hypnotic. Sounds a lot like a spaceship going through space and the control system making constant noises.

Miranda - Windy sounding. If isolation had a sound, this would be it.

Enceladus - Sounds similar to plane/jet noises.

Jupiter - Hard to explain, but it sounds a lot like the ebbing and flowing of magic (one of my personal favorites to listen to)

Uranus - One of my absolute favorites. Has that nice space-like vibe and otherworldly undertones. The main sounds are nice and relaxing (they also remind me of the Minecraft cave music a bit)

Saturn - Very windy sounding. If you're a Wind flight person and love space, this is the one for you.

Callisto - Somewhat static-y but has a nice ebb and flow sound.

Europa - Reminds me faintly of bubbles underwater, traveling to the surface.

Io - Very static-y and has a constant whirring sound. Most like default white noise.

Sun - Sounds a lot like the earth rumbling with a stampede of herd animals coming your way.

Xi Hydrae - A lot deeper than the Sun's sound. Same tone but with higher pitched sounds that ebb and flow constantly

Earth - Windy sounding and slightly machine like with very high pitched tones that sound vaguely like ringing a bell.

Pluto - One of the most unique and strangest sounding ones on the list. Sounds like a loop of the opening of the Herobrine soundtrack on Minecraft. If you like aliens and extraterrestrials, this is the white noise for you.

Whew, sorry about the long list. I did one of my research projects on planet noises one year. Hopefully ya'll can find something useful there!
For Arcane, I recommend looking up EM Noise [insert your favorite planet here] and just loop it.
Here's some things I associate with the planets sounding like:
Neptune - Deep underwater noises. The sound of a submarine going deeper and deeper into an ocean.

Venus - Very hypnotic. Sounds a lot like a spaceship going through space and the control system making constant noises.

Miranda - Windy sounding. If isolation had a sound, this would be it.

Enceladus - Sounds similar to plane/jet noises.

Jupiter - Hard to explain, but it sounds a lot like the ebbing and flowing of magic (one of my personal favorites to listen to)

Uranus - One of my absolute favorites. Has that nice space-like vibe and otherworldly undertones. The main sounds are nice and relaxing (they also remind me of the Minecraft cave music a bit)

Saturn - Very windy sounding. If you're a Wind flight person and love space, this is the one for you.

Callisto - Somewhat static-y but has a nice ebb and flow sound.

Europa - Reminds me faintly of bubbles underwater, traveling to the surface.

Io - Very static-y and has a constant whirring sound. Most like default white noise.

Sun - Sounds a lot like the earth rumbling with a stampede of herd animals coming your way.

Xi Hydrae - A lot deeper than the Sun's sound. Same tone but with higher pitched sounds that ebb and flow constantly

Earth - Windy sounding and slightly machine like with very high pitched tones that sound vaguely like ringing a bell.

Pluto - One of the most unique and strangest sounding ones on the list. Sounds like a loop of the opening of the Herobrine soundtrack on Minecraft. If you like aliens and extraterrestrials, this is the white noise for you.

Whew, sorry about the long list. I did one of my research projects on planet noises one year. Hopefully ya'll can find something useful there!
badgesmall.png Barghest subspecies

Qilin Subspecies

Warlocke
Yes! I use MyNoise all the time for writing. I donated to them because I find it so helpful. They have a "winter walk" that would be great for Ice Flight imo :)
Yes! I use MyNoise all the time for writing. I donated to them because I find it so helpful. They have a "winter walk" that would be great for Ice Flight imo :)
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
Earth maybe could be cave sounds or an underground river/pool?
Earth maybe could be cave sounds or an underground river/pool?
kNSqV1x.png
[quote name="Rivershard" date="2019-06-25 07:41:13" ] Plague would be difficult... footsteps on sand? Distant drums? A crow? [/quote] Screams of the dead and dying. The squelch of gore beneath your feet. The echoing wail of the tortured.
Rivershard wrote on 2019-06-25 07:41:13:
Plague would be difficult... footsteps on sand? Distant drums? A crow?

Screams of the dead and dying. The squelch of gore beneath your feet. The echoing wail of the tortured.
Nah the perfect white noise for me is my loud fan just next to me to free myself from the curse that is tinnitus.
Nah the perfect white noise for me is my loud fan just next to me to free myself from the curse that is tinnitus.
Looking for some art for your dragons? click down below!

giphy.gif
The water one seems to have lost its soundtrack? I turned pc volume and youtube volume all the way up, nothing. Skipped a few hours forwards, still silent. My sound works, played a different video to go sure
The water one seems to have lost its soundtrack? I turned pc volume and youtube volume all the way up, nothing. Skipped a few hours forwards, still silent. My sound works, played a different video to go sure
66MHIIb.png
[quote name="Rivershard" date="2019-06-25 07:41:13" ] Plague would be difficult... footsteps on sand? Distant drums? A crow? [/quote] The soft crunch of footsteps on sand as bone chimes rattle in a lonely wind. The distant shrieks of a bird of prey echo across an open plain. You are alone. You are surviving.
Rivershard wrote on 2019-06-25 07:41:13:
Plague would be difficult... footsteps on sand? Distant drums? A crow?
The soft crunch of footsteps on sand as bone chimes rattle in a lonely wind. The distant shrieks of a bird of prey echo across an open plain. You are alone. You are surviving.
wq9PoXA.png
Arcane is a faint magical hum
Arcane is a faint magical hum
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
I think of Water's to be the sound you hear when you place a conch shell to your ear.
I think of Water's to be the sound you hear when you place a conch shell to your ear.
oh this is so good, I'll actually try that out. I hope there are some African thunderstorm videos online, I never checked
oh this is so good, I'll actually try that out. I hope there are some African thunderstorm videos online, I never checked
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
1 2 3 4