Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do YOU pronounce Gaoler?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
Jailer
Jailer
3YVdS.gifnVsDK.giftkcez.gifbja3g.gifIzYqF.gif
I alternate between jail-er and gow-ler because of phonetica
I alternate between jail-er and gow-ler because of phonetica
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2019-06-09 02:24:58" ] gah-oh-ler [/quote]
Starwindrider wrote on 2019-06-09 02:24:58:
gah-oh-ler
FR_Comm.png
a
foxofwonders.png __TDmCtlK.png __instagram-logo.png __Twitter_logo_bird_transparent_png.png __FR+9
__Netherlands__
__#3615
__Artist
P1YWd6F.png AgG97x3.png
[quote name="Starwindrider" date="2019-06-09 02:24:58" ] gah-oh-ler [/quote]
Starwindrider wrote on 2019-06-09 02:24:58:
gah-oh-ler
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
[quote name="Zlhzlh" date="2019-06-08 22:03:42" ] Gay-o-ler. Basically how it's written. I can't look at a 'g' and pronounce 'j' from that, kinda similar to the whole 'gif/jif' thing. [/quote] That's how I've been pronouncing this word too; ever since that Bounty of the Elements event awhile back, so I couldn't have been the only one that pronounce it this whole time.
Zlhzlh wrote on 2019-06-08 22:03:42:
Gay-o-ler. Basically how it's written. I can't look at a 'g' and pronounce 'j' from that, kinda similar to the whole 'gif/jif' thing.

That's how I've been pronouncing this word too; ever since that Bounty of the Elements event awhile back, so I couldn't have been the only one that pronounce it this whole time.
shadowshieldl.png StRQpZw.png shadowshieldr.png
gah-oh-ler
gah-oh-ler
Gah-o-ler is how I pronounce it is my head.

It might just be due to my native languange, but I simply can not wrap my head around a dissapearing'o'. It's just.. too strange for my brain xD
Gah-o-ler is how I pronounce it is my head.

It might just be due to my native languange, but I simply can not wrap my head around a dissapearing'o'. It's just.. too strange for my brain xD
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
As someone that is familiar with the world gaol (Old Melbourne Gaol + various country town gaols), almost exclusively gay-o-ler

not entirely sure where the disconnect is but oops
As someone that is familiar with the world gaol (Old Melbourne Gaol + various country town gaols), almost exclusively gay-o-ler

not entirely sure where the disconnect is but oops
E559-D5-F4-C662-4-D52-8-B3-A-61895-A43-D993.png
In my head:
Gale-or

Probably outloud:
Jail-or

Out loud when I'm tired:
Gale-or
In my head:
Gale-or

Probably outloud:
Jail-or

Out loud when I'm tired:
Gale-or
I’ve pronounced it “gay-ler” since I’ve first seen the word. Takes some convincing for my mouth to say “jailer”.
I’ve pronounced it “gay-ler” since I’ve first seen the word. Takes some convincing for my mouth to say “jailer”.
l9szmFh.jpg
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13