Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do YOU pronounce Gaoler?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
gow-ler [emoji=gaoler winking size=1]
gow-ler
a1a7b2494a0a4e37bcd248d9541a2df6001a20dd.png
gaow-ler

it's how i've always said it and if i change pronunciations i will die
gaow-ler

it's how i've always said it and if i change pronunciations i will die
"Gow-ler"
"Gow-ler"
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
Sometimes my mind reads it as "Jow-ler" but I know that's not right.
Sometimes my mind reads it as "Jow-ler" but I know that's not right.
FR Time +3 | He/Him | I can be pretty strange at times
Yknow the Guardians of Gahoole? The owl ya series?

Like that. Gahooler.

...I've been trying to mentally retrain myself to say 'jailer' and been failing miserably.
Yknow the Guardians of Gahoole? The owl ya series?

Like that. Gahooler.

...I've been trying to mentally retrain myself to say 'jailer' and been failing miserably.
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
wishlist ---> here
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
even though i've known the correct pronunciation since the day the lorebook came out and am perfectly fine with it, i still tend to start out with "gailer"
even though i've known the correct pronunciation since the day the lorebook came out and am perfectly fine with it, i still tend to start out with "gailer"
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
Gah-OH-ler.
I just can't see the connection between "jail-er" and "Gaoler", so I pronounce it how it's written.
Gah-OH-ler.
I just can't see the connection between "jail-er" and "Gaoler", so I pronounce it how it's written.
5LqH0sj.png
Jail-er
Jail-er
ico-a_old_570.gif 7NSPPKK.png
cIA3D75.png
X2otc9f.png
QetF0Qf.png
0d3QBVM.png
yS4smQr.png
ico-a_old_570.gif
gaol-er, with the vowels pronounced 'a' like in 'path' and 'o' like in 'old'. i can also read it as jay-oh-ler, but it isn't automatic.
gaol-er, with the vowels pronounced 'a' like in 'path' and 'o' like in 'old'. i can also read it as jay-oh-ler, but it isn't automatic.
2578316.pngNeko_infobox.gif2562874.png
Gay-lor
Gay-lor
qjPdVei.png
dEe2UrM.png
Wr2oiYF.png
Multi-Flight-Banner.png
Multi-Flight Hatchery
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13