Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Is there a "most valuable" breed?
1 2
Wildclaws are overrated and I still don't understand why everyone is hyped besides their "rarity".

Imperials should be the most valuable, since out of 8 eggs that I've bred imperials with other dergs, I've got 0 imp babies :'(

Also, they really look..... Imperial, they look really golden.
Wildclaws are overrated and I still don't understand why everyone is hyped besides their "rarity".

Imperials should be the most valuable, since out of 8 eggs that I've bred imperials with other dergs, I've got 0 imp babies :'(

Also, they really look..... Imperial, they look really golden.
mZeSXZC.png
@Hoshi95

Wildclaws have always been considered rare based on how hard to get a breed-change scroll is. Owning lots of them became considered a huge status symbol in the early years of the site before anyone built up any massive amounts of currency, and that conception hasn't faded since then.

Imp breeding success depends entirely on what you breed them against; imp and imp will always breed another imp, but the chance of getting an imp with, say, a fae is miniscule to none. If you want imps and don't have another to breed one against, you're more likely to get an imp out of breeding with a coatl or wildclaw than any other breed besides Imps. There are a lot more details than this, and I suggest you take a gander through the Guides section of the forum.
@Hoshi95

Wildclaws have always been considered rare based on how hard to get a breed-change scroll is. Owning lots of them became considered a huge status symbol in the early years of the site before anyone built up any massive amounts of currency, and that conception hasn't faded since then.

Imp breeding success depends entirely on what you breed them against; imp and imp will always breed another imp, but the chance of getting an imp with, say, a fae is miniscule to none. If you want imps and don't have another to breed one against, you're more likely to get an imp out of breeding with a coatl or wildclaw than any other breed besides Imps. There are a lot more details than this, and I suggest you take a gander through the Guides section of the forum.
I love pings! Don't be afraid to ping me; I tend to miss a lot of replies, even if they're right after my own post, so please, please ping if you want me to see!
  • FR+0 Time
jRhMriG.png
No idea about general dragons, but Gen1s would be Imperials by far. Non Gen1s are a mystery, though.
No idea about general dragons, but Gen1s would be Imperials by far. Non Gen1s are a mystery, though.
1ulURsc.gif

sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[quote name="Hoshi95" date="2019-05-09 14:54:16" ] Wildclaws are overrated and I still don't understand why everyone is hyped besides their "rarity". Imperials should be the most valuable, since out of 8 eggs that I've bred imperials with other dergs, I've got 0 imp babies :'( [/quote] *nod*
Hoshi95 wrote on 2019-05-09 14:54:16:

*nod*
Hello! I'm FrostiiWolf, give me obsidian we I need m o r e-
she/her | fr +0
MadeupDiligentIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif
Depends on what you're looking for. The most valued dragon I would say would be a low-digit, like four digit GenOne Imperial that is unbred, if such a dragon even exists and is able to be traded (it is very likely that all GenOne Imps that are that old are progens and cannot be traded). This is simply because there are so few of them. Like I said, most GenOne Imps are people's progens, most were bred because people didn't think about unbred status.

As far as value of a normal dragon, everything can be fodder.
Depends on what you're looking for. The most valued dragon I would say would be a low-digit, like four digit GenOne Imperial that is unbred, if such a dragon even exists and is able to be traded (it is very likely that all GenOne Imps that are that old are progens and cannot be traded). This is simply because there are so few of them. Like I said, most GenOne Imps are people's progens, most were bred because people didn't think about unbred status.

As far as value of a normal dragon, everything can be fodder.
uCR5SCW.png
When it comes to stuff you can't breed for, like rare eye types, Gen 1 status, and age, imperials are usually more valuable, since they're well-liked but it's almost impossible to breed-change for them. I know I paid way more for my multigaze imp than I would have if he was any other breed, just because the scroll isn't accessible to me.

With breeding, some breeds are harder to sell than others, but I don't think there's a clear winner like that.

New releases always spike, but they always come back down. Coatls were released a couple months before I joined, and because of the small playerbase, long cooldown, and cost of the scroll, the prices were still inflated when I got my first ones. And now they're fodder.
When it comes to stuff you can't breed for, like rare eye types, Gen 1 status, and age, imperials are usually more valuable, since they're well-liked but it's almost impossible to breed-change for them. I know I paid way more for my multigaze imp than I would have if he was any other breed, just because the scroll isn't accessible to me.

With breeding, some breeds are harder to sell than others, but I don't think there's a clear winner like that.

New releases always spike, but they always come back down. Coatls were released a couple months before I joined, and because of the small playerbase, long cooldown, and cost of the scroll, the prices were still inflated when I got my first ones. And now they're fodder.
1 2