Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Very excited! A little bummed about apparel too (since all my dragons wear apparel so I'm not sure if they'll really fit in with my kids)
I understand why they won't have apparel, though and I'm sure skins/accents will make up for that!

Overall I think ancient breeds are a great idea!
I'll probably dedicate a tab in my lair to them once we get them.

That being said I'm VERY GLAD to hear that they won't be permanently replacing adding any new breeds.
I look forward both to the ancient breeds and new modern breeds.
Very excited! A little bummed about apparel too (since all my dragons wear apparel so I'm not sure if they'll really fit in with my kids)
I understand why they won't have apparel, though and I'm sure skins/accents will make up for that!

Overall I think ancient breeds are a great idea!
I'll probably dedicate a tab in my lair to them once we get them.

That being said I'm VERY GLAD to hear that they won't be permanently replacing adding any new breeds.
I look forward both to the ancient breeds and new modern breeds.
I really like it. No clothes to add to the backlog of progress, but different feature altering genes? Yes please! My fossils will have company. [s]Also Gaolers confirmed then?[/s] [emoji=ridgeback laughing]
I really like it. No clothes to add to the backlog of progress, but different feature altering genes? Yes please! My fossils will have company.

Also Gaolers confirmed then?
A1R5LmJ.png zxIefB3.png
Ooh I am so excited for the ancient breeds c: I'm really curious what we're going to get and how the genes look etc.
Ooh I am so excited for the ancient breeds c: I'm really curious what we're going to get and how the genes look etc.
VVM4XuM.png
Everyone I know is pretty hyped up for Ancient Breeds, and so am I! Its a really cool idea and just thinking about all they could do with genes is... oof I feel faint... [emoji=guardian love] And I already have a theory as to what one of the first Ancient Breeds might just be! Does anyone remember that dragon silhouette that would show up in empty lair spaces before that got updated? If I remember correctly, that was an early dragon design that got reworked into Pearlcatchers since they didn't originally meet the design standards at the time. I think it would be nice for it to now become a reality, after seeing its shadow all this time. [emoji=guardian happy]
Everyone I know is pretty hyped up for Ancient Breeds, and so am I! Its a really cool idea and just thinking about all they could do with genes is... oof I feel faint...
And I already have a theory as to what one of the first Ancient Breeds might just be! Does anyone remember that dragon silhouette that would show up in empty lair spaces before that got updated? If I remember correctly, that was an early dragon design that got reworked into Pearlcatchers since they didn't originally meet the design standards at the time. I think it would be nice for it to now become a reality, after seeing its shadow all this time.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
I'M ALREADY READY [img]https://i.imgur.com/IyxKKd6.png[/img]
I'M ALREADY READY
IyxKKd6.png
shira // any pronouns // // +3 FR time
kirby.gif
Im super excited! I wonder if Gaolers and Swiftwings will be included :o
Im super excited! I wonder if Gaolers and Swiftwings will be included :o
furry_fiddle.png
@Shirarisun
Excellent xD
I'll most likely have a separate tab for them too!
@Shirarisun
Excellent xD
I'll most likely have a separate tab for them too!
oKZOZJE.gif

wishlist
foliage • FR +3
@Lyvenex That would be Swiftwings! They were a breed that they planned on adding, but because they didn't follow the 6 limb rule they were scrapped. [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/ca/Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg[/img] I'm with you on the thought that they're the first to be added. It'd be such a great homage to one of the first breeds designed, to release them as an obtainable breed on the 7 year anniversary!
@Lyvenex

That would be Swiftwings! They were a breed that they planned on adding, but because they didn't follow the 6 limb rule they were scrapped.
Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg
I'm with you on the thought that they're the first to be added. It'd be such a great homage to one of the first breeds designed, to release them as an obtainable breed on the 7 year anniversary!
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Stained Glass Adopts
I'm interested to see how this goes, but since they don't wear apparel, I don't know if I would keep any in the long run since the no apparel thing is the reason I don't have any perma babies.

But the more wild tert genes seem neat. I wonder if perhaps accent artist will have a bit more freedom given to them about what they can do with ancient dragons, like going outside dragon's outline a bit...? If so, then that would get around the apparel business well enough.
I'm interested to see how this goes, but since they don't wear apparel, I don't know if I would keep any in the long run since the no apparel thing is the reason I don't have any perma babies.

But the more wild tert genes seem neat. I wonder if perhaps accent artist will have a bit more freedom given to them about what they can do with ancient dragons, like going outside dragon's outline a bit...? If so, then that would get around the apparel business well enough.
1vAtYxM.png
3EXA1Nv.png
I'm looking at people getting excited for Emperors for an ancient breed and I'm just like... that's... not a breed guys. They're dead things that can't reproduce. Staff has already said they won't be a player thing. I mean I guess you could take a multi-headed breed and claim they're an Emperor but. [emoji=ridgeback confused] There is the thought that some variation of the original Mirror concept might come up though. Edit: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2666156#post_38560689]Confirmed no Emperors once again.[/url] [quote name="JCStitches" date="2019-04-15 09:04:06" ] Nope, you're not alone in your disinterest in an Emperor breed! The thing is, it's not a breed. It's a bunch of dead Imperials joining together to form a zombie-like eldritch horror which the dragon gods will not tolerate the existence of. The staff have already confirmed that's not a possibility anyway, because, again, Emperors are not a breed. They're the undead remains of Imperials, which is an already existing modern breed. :) [/quote]
I'm looking at people getting excited for Emperors for an ancient breed and I'm just like... that's... not a breed guys. They're dead things that can't reproduce. Staff has already said they won't be a player thing. I mean I guess you could take a multi-headed breed and claim they're an Emperor but.

There is the thought that some variation of the original Mirror concept might come up though.

Edit: Confirmed no Emperors once again.
JCStitches wrote on 2019-04-15 09:04:06:
Nope, you're not alone in your disinterest in an Emperor breed! The thing is, it's not a breed. It's a bunch of dead Imperials joining together to form a zombie-like eldritch horror which the dragon gods will not tolerate the existence of.

The staff have already confirmed that's not a possibility anyway, because, again, Emperors are not a breed. They're the undead remains of Imperials, which is an already existing modern breed. :)
A1R5LmJ.png zxIefB3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10