Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ancient Breeds!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Not happy with the fact we essentially are getting Neopets' Unconverted species into FR, but as long as it's to introduce things like Gaolers and Swiftwings every once in a while along with full breeds is fine, I guess. Superstition's gonna have to wait a little longer to get a breed change into a new Modern dragon.
Not happy with the fact we essentially are getting Neopets' Unconverted species into FR, but as long as it's to introduce things like Gaolers and Swiftwings every once in a while along with full breeds is fine, I guess. Superstition's gonna have to wait a little longer to get a breed change into a new Modern dragon.
QYzhmAi.png
I'm really excited about the ancient breeds! I hope we'll be able to use them in the coli.
I'm really excited about the ancient breeds! I hope we'll be able to use them in the coli.
x.x
zPhqDAB.png x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x

Ashki
earth dom lead

sales | mercs
goals | mochi
x

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
x
hjhGLON.png
As one who likes using accents more than apparel. I'm on board.

If you have the right accent on the right dragon, they don't need anything else.
As one who likes using accents more than apparel. I'm on board.

If you have the right accent on the right dragon, they don't need anything else.
4QFtgPW.png
i always wanted a "mini breed" that cant wear unique apparel but has no limb limitations so im really glad to hear about this! its really sad that copy pasted apparel like the halos wont be used though. i think that should have been done. :/

they can wear skins so i think to make up for the no apparel stuff the accent limit of 30% should be raised. not like thats gonna happen though.
im glad accent makers will be the way to get apparel onto your ancient. more interest in art shops etc.

not breeding with modern ones makes sense i guess. they have different limbs after all. its just gonna take so long until they arent expensive thats what worries me.

im really glad about this addition in general though.
i always wanted a "mini breed" that cant wear unique apparel but has no limb limitations so im really glad to hear about this! its really sad that copy pasted apparel like the halos wont be used though. i think that should have been done. :/

they can wear skins so i think to make up for the no apparel stuff the accent limit of 30% should be raised. not like thats gonna happen though.
im glad accent makers will be the way to get apparel onto your ancient. more interest in art shops etc.

not breeding with modern ones makes sense i guess. they have different limbs after all. its just gonna take so long until they arent expensive thats what worries me.

im really glad about this addition in general though.
6OECEOe.pnglWOVJox.png
I respect the admins for trying to find a way to mesh in a lot of demands that the site has been having when it comes to breed, like breaking the mold with dragons that don't have four limbs, that may have multiple heads, that may have no wings, etc. and also giving out more breeds. I understand the compromise they're under in ensuring they don't burn out their artists since their health should always, always come first and also trying to churn out new things for the userbase.

While a lot of the vocal, forum active people have stated that they want new modern breeds that they can dress up and gene and whatnot, the reality is that there is a huge group of players that aren't on the forums. I'm not sure how in-depth the data the admins are getting is, but there is the possibility that the actions of that large group are reflecting the fact that a) most people don't dress up their dragons very elaborately and b) most people are actively breeding their dragons.

Either way, I'm interested in seeing what those dragons may come out to be.
I respect the admins for trying to find a way to mesh in a lot of demands that the site has been having when it comes to breed, like breaking the mold with dragons that don't have four limbs, that may have multiple heads, that may have no wings, etc. and also giving out more breeds. I understand the compromise they're under in ensuring they don't burn out their artists since their health should always, always come first and also trying to churn out new things for the userbase.

While a lot of the vocal, forum active people have stated that they want new modern breeds that they can dress up and gene and whatnot, the reality is that there is a huge group of players that aren't on the forums. I'm not sure how in-depth the data the admins are getting is, but there is the possibility that the actions of that large group are reflecting the fact that a) most people don't dress up their dragons very elaborately and b) most people are actively breeding their dragons.

Either way, I'm interested in seeing what those dragons may come out to be.
uCR5SCW.png
I think it's a really good idea. Bring on the superfluous limbs!
I think it's a really good idea. Bring on the superfluous limbs!
kDetLAz.pngOne fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.5utJSlY.png
I am so dang exciting! I'm gonna go coli grind like crazy so i can have a bunch of money to get them when they release
I am so dang exciting! I'm gonna go coli grind like crazy so i can have a bunch of money to get them when they release
~Kweh Kweh Wark~1H+FR~ Mc4YmuQ.png
I'm excited to see how modern and ancient breeds will react towards each other. Will they need to be informed on the new developments in Sornieth?

I wonder if a school could be made to educate the ancient dragons, hmm..
I'm excited to see how modern and ancient breeds will react towards each other. Will they need to be informed on the new developments in Sornieth?

I wonder if a school could be made to educate the ancient dragons, hmm..
While you're playing Flight Rising, please remember to take care of yourself. You're loved, cherished, and are a human being with dignity and personhood. Also remember that there are many people in need of your love, your talents, your kind words, and your actions. You needn't advertise, but instead, advocate. Do your best to maintain healthy boundaries and to help those who need your help. In the end, love heals all wounds.
I’m a little bummed that Ancient breeds can’t have Modern genes, since Cherub and Underbelly are my favorites, and a little sad (though understanding) that they can’t wear apparel, since I love to dress up my dragons.

That said, I am very glad that we’ll be able to breed-change our dragons to Ancients and vice versa! This way, existing dragons aren’t locked out of the new breeds, and if someone hatches an Ancient that would look better as a Pearlcatcher, they can change its breed. I know a lot of people have Gaolers and such in their lore, so being able to breed-change their Tundras to proper Gaolers will be nice. c:

Maybe we’ll get some of the Modern genes on Ancient dragons in the future? Or at least have similar genes between the two. I can understand not putting lineart-altering genes on Modern breeds, as two tails/extra horns would mess up apparel fitting and skins, but it would be nice if both Moderns and Ancients could at least share primary genes. Perhaps not secondary genes, as some Ancients might lack wings, but they should theoretically all have bodies to allow primary genes.

It’s also exciting that Ancients will be able to break the “2 legs, 2 wings, 2 arms, 1 head, 1 tail” mould! I’m looking forward to seeing what we get.

I am wondering about eye types, though... It didn’t say that dragons with certain eye types will have their eyes reverted to Common upon changing to/from an Ancient breed, so will both Ancients and Moderns share the same eye types? If I change a dragon with Dark Sclera to an Ancient, will it lose its eye type? Are Ancients going to have exclusive eye types...?
I’m a little bummed that Ancient breeds can’t have Modern genes, since Cherub and Underbelly are my favorites, and a little sad (though understanding) that they can’t wear apparel, since I love to dress up my dragons.

That said, I am very glad that we’ll be able to breed-change our dragons to Ancients and vice versa! This way, existing dragons aren’t locked out of the new breeds, and if someone hatches an Ancient that would look better as a Pearlcatcher, they can change its breed. I know a lot of people have Gaolers and such in their lore, so being able to breed-change their Tundras to proper Gaolers will be nice. c:

Maybe we’ll get some of the Modern genes on Ancient dragons in the future? Or at least have similar genes between the two. I can understand not putting lineart-altering genes on Modern breeds, as two tails/extra horns would mess up apparel fitting and skins, but it would be nice if both Moderns and Ancients could at least share primary genes. Perhaps not secondary genes, as some Ancients might lack wings, but they should theoretically all have bodies to allow primary genes.

It’s also exciting that Ancients will be able to break the “2 legs, 2 wings, 2 arms, 1 head, 1 tail” mould! I’m looking forward to seeing what we get.

I am wondering about eye types, though... It didn’t say that dragons with certain eye types will have their eyes reverted to Common upon changing to/from an Ancient breed, so will both Ancients and Moderns share the same eye types? If I change a dragon with Dark Sclera to an Ancient, will it lose its eye type? Are Ancients going to have exclusive eye types...?
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
!!!! SUPER EXCITED
!!!! SUPER EXCITED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10