Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are our Faes REALLY feeling?
1 2
[img]https://i.imgur.com/MDIWSyU.png[/img] For those non-fluent in Fae, the admittedly blurry emoji is the angry Fae one. [emoji=fae angry] Assuming Faes all "speak" the same fin language, the position of the fins suggest that all this time, our male Faes are actually really ticked off! There's only one emoji that has just the small right fin down (from the Fae's perspective; from ours, it's the one on the left). ----- ...But what about females? [img]https://i.imgur.com/QNHuuK2.png[/img] With all fins straight up (and closer together than the male Fae's), and flared out...the emoji that matches this expression best is none other than the scared Fae. [emoji=fae scared] Of course, these are just my interpretations - perhaps you see something different!
MDIWSyU.png

For those non-fluent in Fae, the admittedly blurry emoji is the angry Fae one.

Assuming Faes all "speak" the same fin language, the position of the fins suggest that all this time, our male Faes are actually really ticked off! There's only one emoji that has just the small right fin down (from the Fae's perspective; from ours, it's the one on the left).
...But what about females?

QNHuuK2.png
With all fins straight up (and closer together than the male Fae's), and flared out...the emoji that matches this expression best is none other than the scared Fae.

Of course, these are just my interpretations - perhaps you see something different!
good art.
good art.
.......................................................................................

Squid
He/Him/His
+3 FR
True Chaotic
My Scatterquest
Adoptables Shop
exugksw.png
What makes you think the emojis you referenced mean 'angry' and 'scared'? :0
What makes you think the emojis you referenced mean 'angry' and 'scared'? :0
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
That is an interesting theory! Really makes me think, as I want my Fae's lore to be thorough thought true :)
While reading your post it struck me that perhaps male and female Fae have similar but slightly different ways of communication, call it a dialect if you will. This could lead to some occasional communicational struggles not unlike those in humans :P
That is an interesting theory! Really makes me think, as I want my Fae's lore to be thorough thought true :)
While reading your post it struck me that perhaps male and female Fae have similar but slightly different ways of communication, call it a dialect if you will. This could lead to some occasional communicational struggles not unlike those in humans :P
Cappu
+9 hours Flight Rising time
Your local nearly PG friendly milky coffee addict
click here for my art commission thread
I do traditional ink drawings of any creature!
Angery bois
Angery bois
OjYCOIV.png BiXaltQ.gif
@slp0001 when you hover over them in the emoji menu, they are called 'Fae - angry' and 'Fae - scared'
@slp0001 when you hover over them in the emoji menu, they are called 'Fae - angry' and 'Fae - scared'
Cappu
+9 hours Flight Rising time
Your local nearly PG friendly milky coffee addict
click here for my art commission thread
I do traditional ink drawings of any creature!
emoji=fae angry becomes [emoji=fae angry] with brackets emoji=fae scared becomes [emoji=fae scared] with brackets
emoji=fae angry becomes with brackets

emoji=fae scared becomes with brackets
eiqmtcL.pngnNXqTah.pngVIKjMWi.png
@Koffie I haven't used them yet, so I never even noticed that! Thank you!
@Koffie I haven't used them yet, so I never even noticed that! Thank you!
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
Probably just a coincidence. I mean, they might've had the fin movements made before the emojis, but never released them.
Probably just a coincidence. I mean, they might've had the fin movements made before the emojis, but never released them.
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
Poor Faes ~
Poor Faes ~
1 2