Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you like Basic?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
i prefer not to have it on too many of my dragons.
i prefer not to have it on too many of my dragons.
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-01-22 07:22:20" ] I don't hate the look of it, but it feels not finished when putting genes on. It's really a shame. [/quote] Same! Sometimes I feel this with underbelly too.
Jussie wrote on 2019-01-22 07:22:20:
I don't hate the look of it, but it feels not finished when putting genes on. It's really a shame.
Same! Sometimes I feel this with underbelly too.
hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
I have a ton of dragons with basic, by choice. They're colorful dragons already, who needs designs that interfere with apparel sometimes?
I have a ton of dragons with basic, by choice. They're colorful dragons already, who needs designs that interfere with apparel sometimes?
White looks best when it's left Basic, all other genes turn it too grayish
Also I use Basic when I want the dragon to have a smooth body to show off complex skins because most genes might distract too much
White looks best when it's left Basic, all other genes turn it too grayish
Also I use Basic when I want the dragon to have a smooth body to show off complex skins because most genes might distract too much
qR6otwA.png
Basic genes are great. A few of my dragons have basic genes on purpose. I also don't mind if a tert is basic, some dragons don't need it
Basic genes are great. A few of my dragons have basic genes on purpose. I also don't mind if a tert is basic, some dragons don't need it
tumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo1_250.giftumblr_pa1v59xRPV1x8q01eo2_250.gif
[quote name="Jussie" date="2019-01-22 07:22:20" ] I don't hate the look of it, but it feels not finished when putting genes on. It's really a shame. [/quote] This. I can't stand Basic if only because it feels unfinished. And it kinda sucks, feeling that way; it's made plenty of projects that much harder. But I enjoy geneing dragons, and coming up with designs that work. If I can't make a dragon work without using basic, I don't keep it (or just scatter it).
Jussie wrote on 2019-01-22 07:22:20:
I don't hate the look of it, but it feels not finished when putting genes on. It's really a shame.

This. I can't stand Basic if only because it feels unfinished. And it kinda sucks, feeling that way; it's made plenty of projects that much harder. But I enjoy geneing dragons, and coming up with designs that work. If I can't make a dragon work without using basic, I don't keep it (or just scatter it).
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
My progens and their children all have basic genes, simply because I couldn't find genes that fit them well. I'm perfectly fine with triple basic. Having even just one gene on a dragon with basics, however, will turn those into "unfinisheds", at least for me.
My progens and their children all have basic genes, simply because I couldn't find genes that fit them well. I'm perfectly fine with triple basic. Having even just one gene on a dragon with basics, however, will turn those into "unfinisheds", at least for me.
3 hours ahead of FR time
Eh, I find it hard to like basic, mostly because I like dragons with a lot of accents, and basic is too plain for my taste. I don't mind tertiary basic, since a lot of tertiary gene aren't my thing (but that has changed with peacock), but primary/secondary is hard to keep basic.
Eh, I find it hard to like basic, mostly because I like dragons with a lot of accents, and basic is too plain for my taste. I don't mind tertiary basic, since a lot of tertiary gene aren't my thing (but that has changed with peacock), but primary/secondary is hard to keep basic.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
I like it as a primary but only if nothing else looks good
I like it as a primary but only if nothing else looks good
Heart.gif
I tend to want to make basic disappear of my dragons because I like to do lore mating pairs that I enjoy to breed and I like how the genes can look like on the hatchlings - but basic with it's over 90% chance over everything is ruining it to me :/

But I agree it could be as pretty as any genes the way it displays the colors!
I tend to want to make basic disappear of my dragons because I like to do lore mating pairs that I enjoy to breed and I like how the genes can look like on the hatchlings - but basic with it's over 90% chance over everything is ruining it to me :/

But I agree it could be as pretty as any genes the way it displays the colors!
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10