Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In 4 sentences, tell me about your clan!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Originally, the clan lived on a secluded island in water's territory, close to the ruins of light. There was a long abandoned tower that they decided to make their home in, lead by a powerful guardian named Larry. The clan originally only consisted of the finest mages, rogues, paladins, and other strong people in the lands, but it all went downhill when Gleam, Larry's mate, found a lone water egg containing a baby black and blue tundra. She raised him as her child, and named him Ceadeus, after a dragon of myth and legend from another universe.
it all went downhill from there. Ceadeus was possibly the *worst* addition to the clan, a mischevious little scamp who somehow got himself into a scroll case and turned himself into a skydancer, flooded a nearby trading post with birds and salt, and got the entire clan arrested and sent to a prison in Ice's territory. He eventually invited some... interesting dragons to the clan, and won the title as clan leader from Larry in a game of Houses and Humans.
Originally, the clan lived on a secluded island in water's territory, close to the ruins of light. There was a long abandoned tower that they decided to make their home in, lead by a powerful guardian named Larry. The clan originally only consisted of the finest mages, rogues, paladins, and other strong people in the lands, but it all went downhill when Gleam, Larry's mate, found a lone water egg containing a baby black and blue tundra. She raised him as her child, and named him Ceadeus, after a dragon of myth and legend from another universe.
it all went downhill from there. Ceadeus was possibly the *worst* addition to the clan, a mischevious little scamp who somehow got himself into a scroll case and turned himself into a skydancer, flooded a nearby trading post with birds and salt, and got the entire clan arrested and sent to a prison in Ice's territory. He eventually invited some... interesting dragons to the clan, and won the title as clan leader from Larry in a game of Houses and Humans.
xulc4O8.png
@Rookery

Currently working on Clan lore since it's based off of one of my stories, but my clan is known as Clan Avnokodro ("Guiding Star", from a conlang project here on FR). They're actually a bunch of aliens warriors disguised as dragons who came to protect Sornieth from the Shade after the Shade almost ravaged their home. They worship the Universe as a deity, though they do show respect to the deities and send exalts every now and again. They're a cross between the Shadow, Water, and Arcane flights (though it's mostly water)! Their beliefs play into a strong part of their background and lore! They live in a large hidden island underwater that sometimes floats in the sky kind of similar to Water Flight's Levitos! Their main symbol is a dragonfly, which again, plays into their lore! They can also control and move through different dimensions, kind of similar to Naomi and her descendants!
@Rookery

Currently working on Clan lore since it's based off of one of my stories, but my clan is known as Clan Avnokodro ("Guiding Star", from a conlang project here on FR). They're actually a bunch of aliens warriors disguised as dragons who came to protect Sornieth from the Shade after the Shade almost ravaged their home. They worship the Universe as a deity, though they do show respect to the deities and send exalts every now and again. They're a cross between the Shadow, Water, and Arcane flights (though it's mostly water)! Their beliefs play into a strong part of their background and lore! They live in a large hidden island underwater that sometimes floats in the sky kind of similar to Water Flight's Levitos! Their main symbol is a dragonfly, which again, plays into their lore! They can also control and move through different dimensions, kind of similar to Naomi and her descendants!
MiowxPk.gif NNGMvB2.pngwwQtqt8.png
welcome to chilis- i mean arthiprism. the main man forlorn kinda became a spiral, now everyone's sobbing. everyone's becoming both gay and grey. also, screaming bones... it's complicated.

also, my soon-to-exist nuzlocke, tss:

some guardian believes there are seven beastclan species, and goes to great lengths to prove it. she then puts five dragons in a simulation "randomly" where they're those seventh species. they look like they're from a very specific form of entertainment of those beastclans where the actors are disembodied voices, originating from somewhere near the light flight's current location.
the guardian running the simulation also forgot to remove their elemental powers and now there are just five beastclan kids running through a jungle with elemental powers bound to kill everyone.
welcome to chilis- i mean arthiprism. the main man forlorn kinda became a spiral, now everyone's sobbing. everyone's becoming both gay and grey. also, screaming bones... it's complicated.

also, my soon-to-exist nuzlocke, tss:

some guardian believes there are seven beastclan species, and goes to great lengths to prove it. she then puts five dragons in a simulation "randomly" where they're those seventh species. they look like they're from a very specific form of entertainment of those beastclans where the actors are disembodied voices, originating from somewhere near the light flight's current location.
the guardian running the simulation also forgot to remove their elemental powers and now there are just five beastclan kids running through a jungle with elemental powers bound to kill everyone.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
OH MY GOD, I woke up to 47 notifications from this thread alone! I can't believe it's gotten this popular, thank you so much for telling me about your clans, everybody! <3

I will be releasing questions in spurts, and will tag the relevant folks accordingly! Please give me some time to do this, as I'm actually going to see a movie tonight, but I will definitely get to you all!! :'-DDD

In the meantime, if anybody else wants to post about their clans, please feel free to do so! It just might take some time until I can get to you for your questions, ha ha!
OH MY GOD, I woke up to 47 notifications from this thread alone! I can't believe it's gotten this popular, thank you so much for telling me about your clans, everybody! <3

I will be releasing questions in spurts, and will tag the relevant folks accordingly! Please give me some time to do this, as I'm actually going to see a movie tonight, but I will definitely get to you all!! :'-DDD

In the meantime, if anybody else wants to post about their clans, please feel free to do so! It just might take some time until I can get to you for your questions, ha ha!
w7Z8MA5.png
The Anemos Athenaeum is a surprisingly busy museum built into a few of the many pillars of land that make up the western Reedcleft Ascent. Few dragons there are permanent residents, though many are recurring visitors and nearly all - even the head of the museum herself - consider themselves to be allied with if not a part of the nameless clan that came before. Those that are found there most often have turned themselves into a sort of loosely organized staff, guarding and maintaining the relics and their displays as the head of the museum tries to spread the history of Sornieth to any visitors they can acquire. If they all find their pockets a little heavier and their personal dreams a little bit closer in reach because of the business, well then, it must mean that history is a very good thing!
The Anemos Athenaeum is a surprisingly busy museum built into a few of the many pillars of land that make up the western Reedcleft Ascent. Few dragons there are permanent residents, though many are recurring visitors and nearly all - even the head of the museum herself - consider themselves to be allied with if not a part of the nameless clan that came before. Those that are found there most often have turned themselves into a sort of loosely organized staff, guarding and maintaining the relics and their displays as the head of the museum tries to spread the history of Sornieth to any visitors they can acquire. If they all find their pockets a little heavier and their personal dreams a little bit closer in reach because of the business, well then, it must mean that history is a very good thing!
The Clan of Starless Nights is a small village of dragons who live near the top of the focal point. Though they originate from across Sonrieth, the clan's dragons feel a strong connection to the Arcane region, from its chaotic landscape to the Arcanist's tireless quest for knowledge. Within the clan, there is one subsection: The Acolytes of the Stars, a secretive cult that worships the Arcanist and the Shade (as the twelfth deity). These two sections only recently came together (due to a prophecy) and historically held a strong sense of animosity towards each other.
The Clan of Starless Nights is a small village of dragons who live near the top of the focal point. Though they originate from across Sonrieth, the clan's dragons feel a strong connection to the Arcane region, from its chaotic landscape to the Arcanist's tireless quest for knowledge. Within the clan, there is one subsection: The Acolytes of the Stars, a secretive cult that worships the Arcanist and the Shade (as the twelfth deity). These two sections only recently came together (due to a prophecy) and historically held a strong sense of animosity towards each other.
f2u_cyclops_cryptid_cat__practice__by_rilvin-dcimbtb.gif
@PandaOverlord

Very interesting!! I would never suspect Lungwort of being the most loathsome since he's a Fae, but I guess it's just like how newcomers wouldn't suspect Primrose of being the creme de la creme of leaders! I love pairings with Guardians involved, and I also really like parasitic/host pairings too! Your clan is super interesting, thank you for coming to the thread and telling me about them! <3

@Grow

1) Has there ever been a dragon that, no matter how hard Boro and Olla tried, couldn't save? If so, what were their reactions?

2) Has there ever been a dragon who unlocked a rather dark, or even dangerous potential? What were the clan members' reactions when such abilities, or capabilities were discovered?

3) As for the Naomi descendants, is their great lineage recognized in your clan's lore? Do they have powers or talents or any kind that can be accredited to being of her blood?

@Yuubi

It indeed does! :-D Here are your questions:

1) Who is Rajiak the prophet of? Are they a deity of knowledge, or the accumulation of knowledge?

2) How is all of such information stored? How is it preserved to stand the tests of time?

3) How does your clan feel about friendly Beastclan members, such as those who wish to become their familiars?

Bonus 4th question: What are the primordial spirits watching the ocean for?

@TheProfessor

1) How do your governing dragons operate? Are they of a bureaucratic nature, or do they more resemble a different governmental structure?

2) Have the activities of the Soluna ever infringed on the laws of other clans, or even Flights? If so, what happened, and how was the incident resolved?

3) What kinds of businesses are absolutely forbidden from operating in the Citadel?

@Almedha

1) Has there ever been a contract that one of your clan's mercenaries couldn't complete, no matter how hard they tried? If so, what did it entail? What was the punishment for its lack of completion?

2) Has there ever been a bounty or contract put on the head of either one or more of your mercenaries? How did they resolve the situation, if at all?

3) What was the biggest reward one or more of your mercenaries has ever gotten? Did the possession of such a boon ever come to nip at their heels in some way?

@Mertisal

Awww shucks, Thank you! It's my pleasure! <3

1) What does the Waypoint offer for dragons who otherwise cannot breathe underwater, and may otherwise become disoriented in the submerged caverns? Are they given respiratory blessings (magical air bubbles, etc), and a means of navigation, like a guide?

2) Has any dragon ever outstayed their welcome, or even caused damaged to the Waypoint, and/or its residents, both permanent and temporary? How was this threat dealt with?

3) As they are called the Staff, do the permanent residents tend to the Waypoint and its points of entry, as well as their guests, like a role/job? How do they go about this? What do they get in return for their efforts?

@SpectralKitten

I'm very happy to provide you and others this opportunity, then!! <3

1) What is the reason for the DreamRealm clan's name? Was it named by its founders, or for a different reason altogether, possibly relating to their ghostly existences?

2) What was the biggest party ever held, and for whom? What events occurred within to make it so memorable? And even though they are specters, was there much feasting to be had? What was offered, meal-wise?

3) Does Mercuria have secret ears so to speak, such as dragons who help her observe the clan when she is busy, asleep, etc? What was the most severe punishment she has ever given out?

Thank you all again for coming to this thread and telling me about your dragons, and their clans! I will be making these question posts for every page, so this is Questions Post #1! Stay tuned for Questions Post #2, where I will be asking questions to the Page 2 posters! <3
@PandaOverlord

Very interesting!! I would never suspect Lungwort of being the most loathsome since he's a Fae, but I guess it's just like how newcomers wouldn't suspect Primrose of being the creme de la creme of leaders! I love pairings with Guardians involved, and I also really like parasitic/host pairings too! Your clan is super interesting, thank you for coming to the thread and telling me about them! <3

@Grow

1) Has there ever been a dragon that, no matter how hard Boro and Olla tried, couldn't save? If so, what were their reactions?

2) Has there ever been a dragon who unlocked a rather dark, or even dangerous potential? What were the clan members' reactions when such abilities, or capabilities were discovered?

3) As for the Naomi descendants, is their great lineage recognized in your clan's lore? Do they have powers or talents or any kind that can be accredited to being of her blood?

@Yuubi

It indeed does! :-D Here are your questions:

1) Who is Rajiak the prophet of? Are they a deity of knowledge, or the accumulation of knowledge?

2) How is all of such information stored? How is it preserved to stand the tests of time?

3) How does your clan feel about friendly Beastclan members, such as those who wish to become their familiars?

Bonus 4th question: What are the primordial spirits watching the ocean for?

@TheProfessor

1) How do your governing dragons operate? Are they of a bureaucratic nature, or do they more resemble a different governmental structure?

2) Have the activities of the Soluna ever infringed on the laws of other clans, or even Flights? If so, what happened, and how was the incident resolved?

3) What kinds of businesses are absolutely forbidden from operating in the Citadel?

@Almedha

1) Has there ever been a contract that one of your clan's mercenaries couldn't complete, no matter how hard they tried? If so, what did it entail? What was the punishment for its lack of completion?

2) Has there ever been a bounty or contract put on the head of either one or more of your mercenaries? How did they resolve the situation, if at all?

3) What was the biggest reward one or more of your mercenaries has ever gotten? Did the possession of such a boon ever come to nip at their heels in some way?

@Mertisal

Awww shucks, Thank you! It's my pleasure! <3

1) What does the Waypoint offer for dragons who otherwise cannot breathe underwater, and may otherwise become disoriented in the submerged caverns? Are they given respiratory blessings (magical air bubbles, etc), and a means of navigation, like a guide?

2) Has any dragon ever outstayed their welcome, or even caused damaged to the Waypoint, and/or its residents, both permanent and temporary? How was this threat dealt with?

3) As they are called the Staff, do the permanent residents tend to the Waypoint and its points of entry, as well as their guests, like a role/job? How do they go about this? What do they get in return for their efforts?

@SpectralKitten

I'm very happy to provide you and others this opportunity, then!! <3

1) What is the reason for the DreamRealm clan's name? Was it named by its founders, or for a different reason altogether, possibly relating to their ghostly existences?

2) What was the biggest party ever held, and for whom? What events occurred within to make it so memorable? And even though they are specters, was there much feasting to be had? What was offered, meal-wise?

3) Does Mercuria have secret ears so to speak, such as dragons who help her observe the clan when she is busy, asleep, etc? What was the most severe punishment she has ever given out?

Thank you all again for coming to this thread and telling me about your dragons, and their clans! I will be making these question posts for every page, so this is Questions Post #1! Stay tuned for Questions Post #2, where I will be asking questions to the Page 2 posters! <3
w7Z8MA5.png
@Rookery
1) Well, there was definitely. There were girls that complained that they could not have children as they needed to wait for their turn( nests were limited) and well, Olla decided to send them out to other clans that could potentially offer them better homes.
Of course, this represents my lair purge, where I give free dragons away.

2) This...not yet, but in the future yes. The clan has Boolean undergoing a secret Naomi project to attempt to recreate Naomi herself. (100% of Naomi's bloodline) When she was born, she was normal at first, but a stressful situation unlocked her powers and she transcended beyond everything...not in a good way...she soon remembered her old memories...and...attempts to break the internet one day.

3)Yes they are, sort of!
Boro and Olla do not object to them passing on their bloodline because the curse that runs in them puts them in suffering and the only thing they could do to ease the pain is too pass on their bloodline.
Of course, this curse is actually made by Naomi herself, where she attempts to recreate herself with 100% Naomi blood.(I currently have 60% now)
Boro and Olla know nothing of this, so they are willing to take in the babies to teach them how to control their powers. Some can read minds, some can glitch out and disappear...everyone is unique...
Little do they know, Boolean has been secretly funding their breeding operation and bringing in new descendents to the clan.
@Rookery
1) Well, there was definitely. There were girls that complained that they could not have children as they needed to wait for their turn( nests were limited) and well, Olla decided to send them out to other clans that could potentially offer them better homes.
Of course, this represents my lair purge, where I give free dragons away.

2) This...not yet, but in the future yes. The clan has Boolean undergoing a secret Naomi project to attempt to recreate Naomi herself. (100% of Naomi's bloodline) When she was born, she was normal at first, but a stressful situation unlocked her powers and she transcended beyond everything...not in a good way...she soon remembered her old memories...and...attempts to break the internet one day.

3)Yes they are, sort of!
Boro and Olla do not object to them passing on their bloodline because the curse that runs in them puts them in suffering and the only thing they could do to ease the pain is too pass on their bloodline.
Of course, this curse is actually made by Naomi herself, where she attempts to recreate herself with 100% Naomi blood.(I currently have 60% now)
Boro and Olla know nothing of this, so they are willing to take in the babies to teach them how to control their powers. Some can read minds, some can glitch out and disappear...everyone is unique...
Little do they know, Boolean has been secretly funding their breeding operation and bringing in new descendents to the clan.
In the safe, sheltered, civilised towns of the Viridian Labyrinth, they tell stories of the horrors of the Shrieking Wilds. One such story is of a clan of savage, primal cannibals, cursed by some wild magic - dragons whose bodies are slowly overcome by forest growth, with leaves and vines twisting and writhing through their flesh; and there are some stories that claim this curse can bestow the most coveted trait of all: immortality. Of course, none but hatchlings truly believe such an outlandish tale. Occasionally some foolhardy band will venture out into the wilderness in search of this ancient clan and their dark secrets, but none have ever returned.

And they never will. The clan makes sure of it.

It would doom them all.

This was fun. I should write more.
In the safe, sheltered, civilised towns of the Viridian Labyrinth, they tell stories of the horrors of the Shrieking Wilds. One such story is of a clan of savage, primal cannibals, cursed by some wild magic - dragons whose bodies are slowly overcome by forest growth, with leaves and vines twisting and writhing through their flesh; and there are some stories that claim this curse can bestow the most coveted trait of all: immortality. Of course, none but hatchlings truly believe such an outlandish tale. Occasionally some foolhardy band will venture out into the wilderness in search of this ancient clan and their dark secrets, but none have ever returned.

And they never will. The clan makes sure of it.

It would doom them all.

This was fun. I should write more.
ok my lore is almost totally wip buut

The Clan Ackra was born from the pair of lone orphan mirror and a savage, Chargeless guardian, but as the guardian betrayed everyone and left, clan became soon known from the poor decisions lone leader did, driving her into deeper agony. After several unsuccessful leader-changes, an adopted daughter or the leader overthrew her and brought an age of chaos that was defeated, but left scars to the minds of remaining members that can never be healed. Soon after, a group of dragons brought the power of Tarots with them, and an old war between them was given it's first spark as Magician escaped from the imprisonment he was locked in for thousands of years. Now they have to somehow try to stop this conflict from growing to the size it once was, try to keep themselves united despite several conflicts between them that are starting to really get out of hand, and also defend themselves against new challenges the Sornieth itself has to offer.
ok my lore is almost totally wip buut

The Clan Ackra was born from the pair of lone orphan mirror and a savage, Chargeless guardian, but as the guardian betrayed everyone and left, clan became soon known from the poor decisions lone leader did, driving her into deeper agony. After several unsuccessful leader-changes, an adopted daughter or the leader overthrew her and brought an age of chaos that was defeated, but left scars to the minds of remaining members that can never be healed. Soon after, a group of dragons brought the power of Tarots with them, and an old war between them was given it's first spark as Magician escaped from the imprisonment he was locked in for thousands of years. Now they have to somehow try to stop this conflict from growing to the size it once was, try to keep themselves united despite several conflicts between them that are starting to really get out of hand, and also defend themselves against new challenges the Sornieth itself has to offer.
+ 10 fr time
Any pronouns
I am often a huge idiot
I apologize if I sound rude
not native speaker, english is hard
76914149_ZoqtgzM6biIYLbE.png
wishlist
I like D&D
i'll make this better soon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7