Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What Do You Consider Overrated?
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I guess I'm tired of dragons without flaws, just like, dragons who are soft and kind and nothing bad happens to them and everyone loves them. I find lore with conflict and darker situations much more entertaining to read. But that's just my preference, I'm sure there's people who there who really like the happier lore!

This thread is actually kind of inspiring and makes me want to write more tbh
I guess I'm tired of dragons without flaws, just like, dragons who are soft and kind and nothing bad happens to them and everyone loves them. I find lore with conflict and darker situations much more entertaining to read. But that's just my preference, I'm sure there's people who there who really like the happier lore!

This thread is actually kind of inspiring and makes me want to write more tbh
[quote name="Pandella" date="2018-09-25 16:47:06" ] Oof this thread turned into the Dead Sea really quickly. And this time, I understand why. This is kind of an amazing way to make writers hate their work. No offense, OP. [/quote] Yeah, no offense, but the moment I saw this thread all I could think was “this won’t end well” Like, I know it can be fun to gripe a little, but this thread isn’t good for a lot of the 13-14 year old lore writers who are behind most of this “cringy” lore
Pandella wrote on 2018-09-25 16:47:06:
Oof this thread turned into the Dead Sea really quickly. And this time, I understand why. This is kind of an amazing way to make writers hate their work. No offense, OP.
Yeah, no offense, but the moment I saw this thread all I could think was “this won’t end well”

Like, I know it can be fun to gripe a little, but this thread isn’t good for a lot of the 13-14 year old lore writers who are behind most of this “cringy” lore
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
I know I shouldn't revive this thread but

triggered
I have lore being developed on my computer not in the actual bios yet. I want it to be meaningful (to me) and cohesive before I post (also apparently it must be up to ridiculous standards) so....if I make or add a pretty bio and it has 'Lorem ipsum...' it's because I haven't adding anything yet but I wanted to add a bio...??? I can't fathom why anyone would actually be bothered by this.

As far as anyone else's overrated/annoying/unintentional personally offensive lore goes
oh wait, I guess I don't care.

triggered
I have lore being developed on my computer not in the actual bios yet. I want it to be meaningful (to me) and cohesive before I post (also apparently it must be up to ridiculous standards) so....if I make or add a pretty bio and it has 'Lorem ipsum...' it's because I haven't adding anything yet but I wanted to add a bio...??? I can't fathom why anyone would actually be bothered by this.

As far as anyone else's overrated/annoying/unintentional personally offensive lore goes
[quote name="RabbitSpirit" date="2018-09-26 11:53:18" ] I know I shouldn't revive this thread but triggered I have lore being developed on my computer not in the actual bios yet. I want it to be meaningful (to me) and cohesive before I post (also apparently it must be up to ridiculous standards) so....if I make or add a pretty bio and it has 'Lorem ipsum...' it's because I haven't adding anything yet but I wanted to add a bio...??? I can't fathom why anyone would actually be bothered by this. As far as anyone else's overrated/annoying/unintentional personally offensive lore goes oh wait, I guess I don't care. [/quote] REPOST LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK But seriously, I have the same problem. Lorem Ipsum exists as filler until the person behind the coding has time to actually implement the lore into the bio. To hear people will be turned away from your lair just because you have 100+ dragons and don't have enough time to put all of their lore into play at once kinda kills the entire game for younger players. Why make pretty bios and start working on fun lore when people hate your dragon right from the start? tl;dr When did lorem ipsum become so socially unacceptable to this community? I thought this was a game where you could enjoy your pixel dragons with an amazing community?
RabbitSpirit wrote on 2018-09-26 11:53:18:

triggered

REPOST LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK

But seriously, I have the same problem. Lorem Ipsum exists as filler until the person behind the coding has time to actually implement the lore into the bio. To hear people will be turned away from your lair just because you have 100+ dragons and don't have enough time to put all of their lore into play at once kinda kills the entire game for younger players. Why make pretty bios and start working on fun lore when people hate your dragon right from the start?

tl;dr When did lorem ipsum become so socially unacceptable to this community? I thought this was a game where you could enjoy your pixel dragons with an amazing community?
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
[quote name="Izakadu" date="2018-09-24 20:02:23" ] [quote name="micahjaguar" date="2018-09-24 17:45:00" ] I find people being judgy about other people's lore on a gamesite overrated. It's a game. It's here to be fun. If you want a clan full of David Bowie glamstars covered in silks, or a lair full of evil murderpuppy edgelord packs, or a handful of happy angst-free cutiepies... okay? Yay? Why rain on the parade? If it's not your cup of tea, you can look at something else. >.> I think it's also easy to forget this site has a lot of users from a broad range of ages. Someone whose lore you're dismissing might be 13 years old and just trying out this whole writing thing. An attitude that's fine when directed at a 30-year-old who's trying to Be Serious and Had Practice is totally uncalled for when directed at a tween who was really proud of what they were doing, and hasn't had any practice, practically. And you can't tell, a lot of the time, who's young and who's not. :, tl;dr: having fun by writing whatever lore you like is cool! none of it is overrated, and it doesn't matter if it's not to everyone's taste. *spreads hands* [/quote] Yeah I know I commented on this earlier, but yeah this. This thread is kinda a magnet for unproductive negativity, plus I feel like it’s got a bit of an attitude of “people shouldn’t have (emporer/edgy/op/god) dragons, except for the ones I, personally, have because I am the only one who can do it right” [/quote] I tend to agree with this tbh, just reading through this thread Kinda makes me wonder what all y'all write about in your dragons' bios, if not all these "overrated" cliches
Izakadu wrote on 2018-09-24 20:02:23:
micahjaguar wrote on 2018-09-24 17:45:00:
I find people being judgy about other people's lore on a gamesite overrated. It's a game. It's here to be fun. If you want a clan full of David Bowie glamstars covered in silks, or a lair full of evil murderpuppy edgelord packs, or a handful of happy angst-free cutiepies... okay? Yay? Why rain on the parade? If it's not your cup of tea, you can look at something else. >.>

I think it's also easy to forget this site has a lot of users from a broad range of ages. Someone whose lore you're dismissing might be 13 years old and just trying out this whole writing thing. An attitude that's fine when directed at a 30-year-old who's trying to Be Serious and Had Practice is totally uncalled for when directed at a tween who was really proud of what they were doing, and hasn't had any practice, practically. And you can't tell, a lot of the time, who's young and who's not. :,

tl;dr: having fun by writing whatever lore you like is cool! none of it is overrated, and it doesn't matter if it's not to everyone's taste.

*spreads hands*
Yeah I know I commented on this earlier, but yeah this.

This thread is kinda a magnet for unproductive negativity, plus I feel like it’s got a bit of an attitude of “people shouldn’t have (emporer/edgy/op/god) dragons, except for the ones I, personally, have because I am the only one who can do it right”
I tend to agree with this tbh, just reading through this thread

Kinda makes me wonder what all y'all write about in your dragons' bios, if not all these "overrated" cliches
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
I don't understand why someone would be bothered by lorem ipsum being in a bio either, but @/everyone please understand that this isn't a thread intended to judge or discourage writers of lore. It's a place to share personal opinions, not targeted at anyone or anyone's creations, and talk about them.

I understand and even agree that a few people got unnecessarily heated in proclaiming their dislike for something or other, but firstly, please don't take it personally, and secondly, nothing in this thread should be any kind of requirement or must-do/mustn't do; as I said, they're just opinions.

Write as you want about what you want, no matter how bad it may be, as long as you're having fun, because that's what Flight Rising is ultimately for.
I don't understand why someone would be bothered by lorem ipsum being in a bio either, but @/everyone please understand that this isn't a thread intended to judge or discourage writers of lore. It's a place to share personal opinions, not targeted at anyone or anyone's creations, and talk about them.

I understand and even agree that a few people got unnecessarily heated in proclaiming their dislike for something or other, but firstly, please don't take it personally, and secondly, nothing in this thread should be any kind of requirement or must-do/mustn't do; as I said, they're just opinions.

Write as you want about what you want, no matter how bad it may be, as long as you're having fun, because that's what Flight Rising is ultimately for.
5LqH0sj.png
welp, exalted tempest because of this thread, now i gotta think of a plotline for soulshatter
welp, exalted tempest because of this thread, now i gotta think of a plotline for soulshatter
I want to respond to like a million people, I love discussing lore. I already made my own post somewhere in this mess, but I'd love to actually engage in conversation about some of this stuff now that I have the chance. Sorry for the ping wall! (Oh man I was halfway through writing this when the power went out... I am completely stunned that when I booted my computer back up, Firefox remembered all this text for me. What a relief!) @MistressMacchika I think randomly cursed dragons can be either really good or really bad. A random curse that the dragon has to deal with but doesn't ruin their life, just changes it in an interesting way, is really fun imo. But "And then Dragon was cursed to be sad forever and never have any friends so she's sad always" is less fun. @Jushiro [quote]Murderous dragons, I get it that some people are edgy, but I see way too many edgelord dragons. [/quote] It's not so bad when they have a reason for being super violent (like an actual reason and not just "he grew up in a mean spike pit and learned to be a big meanie") or like anything else to their personality, but there certainly are a lot of dragons out there where there entire personality is that they kill people. @SorcererNox [quote]Emperors, to be honest. I see a great many emperors and while I love the idea from a lore standpoint, most I see aren't written to my taste.[/quote] I always get excited when I see an Emperor in a clan, because that's super cool and the lore is so interesting. But I always leave feeling a little disappointed. I think it might just not be possible to write an Emperor as a character and have it work. They're more like a natural disaster I guess. Had to come up with a good backstory for a hurricane. @Storey [quote][i]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt....[/i][/quote] This honestly bothers me! I get all excited to read the lore of a dragon only to find it's placeholder text. Placeholder text that will probably never ever be replaced with actual lore. A lot of people are anti-hating on lorem ipsum, so I feel like I should clarify: It's not like I think anyone who uses it is a bad person or anything. I just get disappointed that I got ready for lore and it turns out there isn't any. I'm not going to go tell anyone they can't use it or anything. @Bit [quote]Any combination of triples, most doubles[/quote] I'm with you there on triples. Not to bash anyone's taste in dragons (I mean I'm sure half the site would laugh at my favorite dragons), but I just don't get it. It's not rare anymore. It's just sort of boring to me. Exception if the genes have cool accent colors though. A triple Lapis or a triple radioactive is, when gened up properly, way different from a triple maize. @TruthandLies [quote]Shade-touched dragons[/quote] I'm so conflicted on shade-touched. On one hand, it's a super fun element in a lot of lairs and a lot of people do extremely interesting things with it. On the other... The shade is just too strong a thing to throw around like that and have it make sense. The idea of it returning in any form, even just dragons influenced by it, should be a time of catastrophe and panic. When I see a good shade-touched I just have to put aside the canon shade lore I guess. Some of them are so well-written that it's worth overlooking the minor things. @Lilydew [quote]Listen I don't mind edgy/angsty/overpowed dragons. The problem comes when that's all there is to the dragon. Like?? If the only thing you have to say about your dragon is "uwu they suffer"- I'm sorry but your dragon is borning. C'mon spice up their lore a little. If you want a sad backstory atleast balance it out with some happier parts or let your dragon be kind of quirky or silly. [/quote] Agreed! (sorry I don't have more to add to this, your "uwu they suffer" was just the funniest thing and I couldn't resist. That quote is so good that it should be dragon lore just by itself.) @YarnDrawcia [quote]I recommend that 90% of the posters here refrain from entering my lair because I'm guilty of most of these[/quote] That's ok. We complain and make a fuss, but really this stuff isn't a big deal even if some people dislike it. People who like stories complain about them, haha. And just because someone doesn't like certain lore elements doesn't mean they dislike the person who wrote <3 Also I totally love joke dragons, fite me irl (kidding. Though I do love joke dragons) @Isegard [quote]they're not happy that the dragon eyes don't suit the color of the dragons so they write their lore as blind . Come on now ... if you love a dragon you have to love all the parts of it .[/quote] Eh, I'd disagree. Not everyone wants to go on a ten month breeding project because the dragon they liked was the wrong eye color or something. There's also the fact that people might love a dragon one day, but slowly lose interest in it. But by then it has sentimental value or lore or art so they can't just dump it. A lot of people use skins because of that, to cover up a dragon they don't like the looks of anymore. Mirage in my lair is just a big pile of dragon clothing because I did a breeding project for her, but lost interest in her looks after. I can still enjoy having her in my lair even if I don't love everything about her. @Gouldiae [quote]Guardian whose charge is another dragon, and said dragon is also in a relationship with the guardian.[/quote] This is a perfect example of overrated. It's a good idea that really has nothing really wrong with it on its own, but it's so prevalent that it gets tiresome. You'd think that people have completely forgotten that a guardian's charge doesn't need to be a living thing. @PaperWitch I skimmed some of your lore. It's actually pretty interesting. Might go back and read more of it later, you have me interested. The characters seem to have motivations and quirks, there's more to them than just "This is Dragon he kills people." When people complain about dark and edgy lore, they're usually complaining about pointlessly dark and edgy lore. A dragon that has had nothing but bad things happen to them their entire life for no reason. A murder/torture dragon that murders/tortures for no reason other than they're evil so that's what they do. An evil dragon who does terrible things to everyone else for no real reason, and everyone puts up with it also for no reason. Some people might roll their eyes at your lore just because it's dark, regardless of the quality, but that's nothing to worry about. You can't please all of the people all of the time, and you're obviously passionate about making your clan lore good. Better to pour your passion into writing something that interests you than to force out something that bores you. Write what you like! @micahjaguar I think it's good to keep balance. We can complain about story elements and clichés, but also be kind to each other. Give advice and seek to improve. We criticize writing because we love writing. Personal attacks are of course not ok though. Bad writing (or good writing with elements we're just tired of) does not mean bad person. It's okay for people who love a certain kind of story to keep loving it, and people who don't love it to keep not loving it. And we can talk about all that and still be friends. I mean my dragon BFF and I have completely different tastes in dragon aesthetics. Sometimes we complain and tease each other about it, but it's all in good spirits. @FeatherFace [quote]I used to think this but honestly, I just tell myself that it's unlikely that anyone else will stumble across my lair and take the time to read any lore I have written :')[/quote] This was a big relief for me when first starting out. Pretty much no one will roll through your lair unprompted and read the 3 pages you wrote about Eae anxiety. And if they did, they probably won't hate it. And even if they do hate it, they're probably just going to go "Eh" and move on to doing something else.
I want to respond to like a million people, I love discussing lore. I already made my own post somewhere in this mess, but I'd love to actually engage in conversation about some of this stuff now that I have the chance. Sorry for the ping wall!

(Oh man I was halfway through writing this when the power went out... I am completely stunned that when I booted my computer back up, Firefox remembered all this text for me. What a relief!)

@MistressMacchika
I think randomly cursed dragons can be either really good or really bad. A random curse that the dragon has to deal with but doesn't ruin their life, just changes it in an interesting way, is really fun imo. But "And then Dragon was cursed to be sad forever and never have any friends so she's sad always" is less fun.

@Jushiro
Quote:
Murderous dragons, I get it that some people are edgy, but I see way too many edgelord dragons.
It's not so bad when they have a reason for being super violent (like an actual reason and not just "he grew up in a mean spike pit and learned to be a big meanie") or like anything else to their personality, but there certainly are a lot of dragons out there where there entire personality is that they kill people.

@SorcererNox
Quote:
Emperors, to be honest. I see a great many emperors and while I love the idea from a lore standpoint, most I see aren't written to my taste.
I always get excited when I see an Emperor in a clan, because that's super cool and the lore is so interesting. But I always leave feeling a little disappointed. I think it might just not be possible to write an Emperor as a character and have it work. They're more like a natural disaster I guess. Had to come up with a good backstory for a hurricane.

@Storey
Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt....
This honestly bothers me! I get all excited to read the lore of a dragon only to find it's placeholder text. Placeholder text that will probably never ever be replaced with actual lore.

A lot of people are anti-hating on lorem ipsum, so I feel like I should clarify: It's not like I think anyone who uses it is a bad person or anything. I just get disappointed that I got ready for lore and it turns out there isn't any. I'm not going to go tell anyone they can't use it or anything.

@Bit
Quote:
Any combination of triples, most doubles
I'm with you there on triples. Not to bash anyone's taste in dragons (I mean I'm sure half the site would laugh at my favorite dragons), but I just don't get it. It's not rare anymore. It's just sort of boring to me.

Exception if the genes have cool accent colors though. A triple Lapis or a triple radioactive is, when gened up properly, way different from a triple maize.

@TruthandLies
Quote:
Shade-touched dragons
I'm so conflicted on shade-touched. On one hand, it's a super fun element in a lot of lairs and a lot of people do extremely interesting things with it. On the other... The shade is just too strong a thing to throw around like that and have it make sense. The idea of it returning in any form, even just dragons influenced by it, should be a time of catastrophe and panic.

When I see a good shade-touched I just have to put aside the canon shade lore I guess. Some of them are so well-written that it's worth overlooking the minor things.

@Lilydew
Quote:
Listen I don't mind edgy/angsty/overpowed dragons. The problem comes when that's all there is to the dragon.

Like?? If the only thing you have to say about your dragon is "uwu they suffer"- I'm sorry but your dragon is borning. C'mon spice up their lore a little. If you want a sad backstory atleast balance it out with some happier parts or let your dragon be kind of quirky or silly.
Agreed! (sorry I don't have more to add to this, your "uwu they suffer" was just the funniest thing and I couldn't resist. That quote is so good that it should be dragon lore just by itself.)

@YarnDrawcia
Quote:
I recommend that 90% of the posters here refrain from entering my lair because I'm guilty of most of these
That's ok. We complain and make a fuss, but really this stuff isn't a big deal even if some people dislike it. People who like stories complain about them, haha. And just because someone doesn't like certain lore elements doesn't mean they dislike the person who wrote <3

Also I totally love joke dragons, fite me irl (kidding. Though I do love joke dragons)

@Isegard
Quote:
they're not happy that the dragon eyes don't suit the color of the dragons so they write their lore as blind . Come on now ... if you love a dragon you have to love all the parts of it .
Eh, I'd disagree. Not everyone wants to go on a ten month breeding project because the dragon they liked was the wrong eye color or something.

There's also the fact that people might love a dragon one day, but slowly lose interest in it. But by then it has sentimental value or lore or art so they can't just dump it. A lot of people use skins because of that, to cover up a dragon they don't like the looks of anymore. Mirage in my lair is just a big pile of dragon clothing because I did a breeding project for her, but lost interest in her looks after. I can still enjoy having her in my lair even if I don't love everything about her.

@Gouldiae
Quote:
Guardian whose charge is another dragon, and said dragon is also in a relationship with the guardian.
This is a perfect example of overrated. It's a good idea that really has nothing really wrong with it on its own, but it's so prevalent that it gets tiresome.

You'd think that people have completely forgotten that a guardian's charge doesn't need to be a living thing.

@PaperWitch
I skimmed some of your lore. It's actually pretty interesting. Might go back and read more of it later, you have me interested. The characters seem to have motivations and quirks, there's more to them than just "This is Dragon he kills people."

When people complain about dark and edgy lore, they're usually complaining about pointlessly dark and edgy lore. A dragon that has had nothing but bad things happen to them their entire life for no reason. A murder/torture dragon that murders/tortures for no reason other than they're evil so that's what they do. An evil dragon who does terrible things to everyone else for no real reason, and everyone puts up with it also for no reason.

Some people might roll their eyes at your lore just because it's dark, regardless of the quality, but that's nothing to worry about. You can't please all of the people all of the time, and you're obviously passionate about making your clan lore good. Better to pour your passion into writing something that interests you than to force out something that bores you. Write what you like!

@micahjaguar
I think it's good to keep balance. We can complain about story elements and clichés, but also be kind to each other. Give advice and seek to improve. We criticize writing because we love writing. Personal attacks are of course not ok though. Bad writing (or good writing with elements we're just tired of) does not mean bad person. It's okay for people who love a certain kind of story to keep loving it, and people who don't love it to keep not loving it. And we can talk about all that and still be friends.

I mean my dragon BFF and I have completely different tastes in dragon aesthetics. Sometimes we complain and tease each other about it, but it's all in good spirits.

@FeatherFace
Quote:
I used to think this but honestly, I just tell myself that it's unlikely that anyone else will stumble across my lair and take the time to read any lore I have written :')
This was a big relief for me when first starting out. Pretty much no one will roll through your lair unprompted and read the 3 pages you wrote about Eae anxiety. And if they did, they probably won't hate it. And even if they do hate it, they're probably just going to go "Eh" and move on to doing something else.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
lmao well of course everyone has preferences, but

things I don't like in characterization pretty much transcend this game and show up in many, many different places, so I feel it's pointless to complain about a bio someone writes that I can just not click on or lore I can avoid in the future

I mean yeah of course there's pieces I won't approve of if they cross my desk below a certain skill level, but it's not like dragon bios are gonna be there lol it would be funny if they did

let people have their fun in places dedicated to fun

if people ask for critiques on their lore, whatever their age, that's a different story.

also that being said just because someone complains about something you like or an 'overrated' personality type you adore doesn't mean they're talking to you directly or you have to change your lore

do what makes you happy.

life's a lot better when you don't take the little things personally.
lmao well of course everyone has preferences, but

things I don't like in characterization pretty much transcend this game and show up in many, many different places, so I feel it's pointless to complain about a bio someone writes that I can just not click on or lore I can avoid in the future

I mean yeah of course there's pieces I won't approve of if they cross my desk below a certain skill level, but it's not like dragon bios are gonna be there lol it would be funny if they did

let people have their fun in places dedicated to fun

if people ask for critiques on their lore, whatever their age, that's a different story.

also that being said just because someone complains about something you like or an 'overrated' personality type you adore doesn't mean they're talking to you directly or you have to change your lore

do what makes you happy.

life's a lot better when you don't take the little things personally.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
@ShiraCheshire Ten pages after I first posted, I didn't expect this thread to turn so... serious? I really enjoyed reading cliche things other people have shared but they're not cardinal sins, no one in this thread is an editor at Dragon Bios Publishing about to turn down you down and you'll never get to share you bio again. (I don't mean you as in you directly, but a general 'you'). [quote][i]some bit about placeholder text lol[/i] I mean uh, clan leaders that are just Great At Being the Leader [b]but don't really have any other personality traits[/b]. Usually also Great At Fighting and/or Feared By Others for their obvious strength (because how else would you become a leader, duh).[/quote] Expanding on a simple idea can be rewarding to write and to read! Yes, even the things that get used a lot. Obviously cliche ideas have a lot of appeal, they just lose their appeal when you see them in the same form over and over again. It doesn't mean that you have to retire that idea forever, just make it more interesting to read. Or don't, no one's getting banned from Cool Dragon Club.
@ShiraCheshire Ten pages after I first posted, I didn't expect this thread to turn so... serious? I really enjoyed reading cliche things other people have shared but they're not cardinal sins, no one in this thread is an editor at Dragon Bios Publishing about to turn down you down and you'll never get to share you bio again. (I don't mean you as in you directly, but a general 'you').

Quote:
some bit about placeholder text lol

I mean uh, clan leaders that are just Great At Being the Leader but don't really have any other personality traits. Usually also Great At Fighting and/or Feared By Others for their obvious strength (because how else would you become a leader, duh).

Expanding on a simple idea can be rewarding to write and to read! Yes, even the things that get used a lot. Obviously cliche ideas have a lot of appeal, they just lose their appeal when you see them in the same form over and over again. It doesn't mean that you have to retire that idea forever, just make it more interesting to read.

Or don't, no one's getting banned from Cool Dragon Club.
this sig is under construction | they/she
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13