Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [SFC] Starfall 2018 Event Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
oh man this is pretty cool, happy starfall everyone!
oh man this is pretty cool, happy starfall everyone!

gmt +8
fr time +15
she/they/he
pings very welcome
b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png
exalt save sales (g1s, oldies and others)
@Jazzyleia
Ooohhh Put me on ALL the Pinglists! :D
@Jazzyleia
Ooohhh Put me on ALL the Pinglists! :D
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
Eeee I'm so hyped!
Eeee I'm so hyped!
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/23808.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/arcane_0.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/1167.png[/img][/center] Every Arcane hatchling knows the story of The Astral Voyagers, a band of brave dragons who, amidst an attack by the Shade ages ago, crafted a ritual to repel the Shade and strengthen their kin anew. An Alchemist, who created the first of the glowing trees now found throughout the Starwood Strand; their twinkling, mesmerizing flowers used to be called Shadesbane. A Warrior, a gentler spirit than many expected, who first coaxed the Crystalspine Reaches to encircle Arcane and defend it in times of need. And a Bard, who spun and spread the stories of the group throughout Sornieth — their name lost to time, but their songs still sung every Starfall in remembrance of the group. These brave voyagers penned the words and gathered the materials needed for a Ritual of magnificent power, one that would repel the Shade from the Isles and bring peace and prosperity to the land for the coming year, a ritual that would be performed for eons after. But, of course, it’s just a story. [center][img]https://s20.postimg.cc/btxqqayul/8_Mj_THa_A.png[/img][/center] “Now,” Gloria said, the bright bogsneak turning towards the hatchlings following her through the dimly lit passageways. “The shifting of the Crystalspine Reaches has revealed a number of chambers, connected by these tunnels that continue deep within the Focal Point.” “Ooohh,” the hatchlings said. “Our scholars believe we have only properly mapped twenty-percent of the unearthed chambers, and they suspect there may be more hidden by thin walls of- yes, Rhune.” The pearl-colored snapper put down her paw. “My mum said that lots of the dragons in Arcane are called scholars, even if they don’t write big papers.” “Well, such things are not always required-” “I’m pretty sure I’m a scholar,” Socks, a snapper with big purple, okapi socks said. “I mean, in a sense-” “I, scholar Socks, believe we have explored twenty-one percent of the chambers. Let’s go find that one percent!” And with a loud cheer the hatchlings charged down the tunnel. Gloria pulled at her face. “This is why I work with alchemy most of the time,” she muttered, before hurrying after them. [center][img]https://s20.postimg.cc/btxqqayul/8_Mj_THa_A.png[/img][/center] “I am a natural,” Socks declared as Gloria caught up. “Really! It is dangerous to just run off- oh my,” Gloria said. Tucked among glimmering crystals stood three statues of rhodochrosite: one of a wildclaw, one of a pearlcatcher, and one of a nocturne. “Someone was already here,” Rhune said, pointing to a pink wildclaw perched on a crystal and scribbling notes. Socks pouted. The wildclaw seemed engrossed in his writing and didn’t notice the group for a few minutes. “O- oh!” he said, clutching his notepad. “Sorry. I didn’t- hello!” He hopped down, rustling the lanterns hanging from his wings. “I’m Diog. Beautiful, aren’t they?” He gestured to the statues. “And look here.” He hurried over to the nocturne statue, where a scroll was uncurled at its base. “That was in its paw. Now, I’m not too familiar with languages, but it’s not any draconic or beastclan I know. And these runes are similar to ones we use today, and that’s definitely a sketch of a branch from the Starwood Strand.” The hatchlings all exchanged looks. “Anyway,” Diog said. “This, and these statues, are an amazing find! I’m going to have the best report in class.” The hatchlings rolled their eyes. Rhune squinted at the pearlcatcher statue, tilted her head, then said, “It looks like the alchemist from the Astral Voyagers.” “That’s just a story, dear,” Gloria said. Rhune shrugged. “Just saying.” [center][img]https://s20.postimg.cc/btxqqayul/8_Mj_THa_A.png[/img][/center] “Hm,” Rose said, the goblin tilting her head at the page. The group had returned to the Observatory to seek assistance in translating the text. “I have no idea what this says. This must be very old draconic.” “What about the Arcanist?” Gloria asked. “He has become very engrossed with mastering some sport called ‘ping pong,’ and who am I to stop him?” Rose sighed. “It’s fine. He’ll probably join us later. We can handle this.” [center][img]https://s20.postimg.cc/btxqqayul/8_Mj_THa_A.png[/img][/center] “It’s clearly a possessive,” Diog argued some time later, tapping the scroll with a claw. “So it’d roughly translate to our magic-” “But look at these images. The pillar has to be a conduit of some sort. If the spell is too much for one or a few dragons, casting it without proper preparation-” another scholar said. Rose sipped at some coffee. “I don’t think it’d be too much. I think it’s an amplifier, reflecting the magic into it, but if I’m translating this correctly we don’t need a few dragons, we need hundreds, maybe even thousands.” “We don’t even know what this spell does. [i]Awaken and Renew? [/i]That’s vague. Dangerously vague.” “Well,” yet another said, beaming. “We are Arcane, and there’s only one way to find out for sure. If we need thousands, well, Starfall is right around the corner.” Rose finished her coffee. “I’ll gather the planning committee.” [center][img]https://s20.postimg.cc/btxqqayul/8_Mj_THa_A.png[/img] [b]You are invited to our annual Starfall Celebration![/b] We will be hosting a Ritual Rave, because we found a spell and don't know what it does.* [i]* The planning committee wishes to stress that we believe it is a protection spell, and would only negatively affect Shade. Shade-touched dragons are advised to attend with caution.** ** Rose will give you a free cup of coffee if you come anyway.*** *** Rose is not on the planning committee and needs to stop editing our invitations.[/i][/center] [size=2]Day 1 lore - a bit early so I can sleep. o/ @TheDragonsQueen @sapphosaint @Kookaburra[/size]
23808.pngarcane_0.png1167.png
Every Arcane hatchling knows the story of The Astral Voyagers, a band of brave dragons who, amidst an attack by the Shade ages ago, crafted a ritual to repel the Shade and strengthen their kin anew.

An Alchemist, who created the first of the glowing trees now found throughout the Starwood Strand; their twinkling, mesmerizing flowers used to be called Shadesbane.

A Warrior, a gentler spirit than many expected, who first coaxed the Crystalspine Reaches to encircle Arcane and defend it in times of need.

And a Bard, who spun and spread the stories of the group throughout Sornieth — their name lost to time, but their songs still sung every Starfall in remembrance of the group.

These brave voyagers penned the words and gathered the materials needed for a Ritual of magnificent power, one that would repel the Shade from the Isles and bring peace and prosperity to the land for the coming year, a ritual that would be performed for eons after.

But, of course, it’s just a story.
8_Mj_THa_A.png
“Now,” Gloria said, the bright bogsneak turning towards the hatchlings following her through the dimly lit passageways. “The shifting of the Crystalspine Reaches has revealed a number of chambers, connected by these tunnels that continue deep within the Focal Point.”

“Ooohh,” the hatchlings said.

“Our scholars believe we have only properly mapped twenty-percent of the unearthed chambers, and they suspect there may be more hidden by thin walls of- yes, Rhune.”

The pearl-colored snapper put down her paw. “My mum said that lots of the dragons in Arcane are called scholars, even if they don’t write big papers.”

“Well, such things are not always required-”

“I’m pretty sure I’m a scholar,” Socks, a snapper with big purple, okapi socks said.

“I mean, in a sense-”

“I, scholar Socks, believe we have explored twenty-one percent of the chambers. Let’s go find that one percent!”

And with a loud cheer the hatchlings charged down the tunnel. Gloria pulled at her face. “This is why I work with alchemy most of the time,” she muttered, before hurrying after them.
8_Mj_THa_A.png
“I am a natural,” Socks declared as Gloria caught up.

“Really! It is dangerous to just run off- oh my,” Gloria said. Tucked among glimmering crystals stood three statues of rhodochrosite: one of a wildclaw, one of a pearlcatcher, and one of a nocturne.

“Someone was already here,” Rhune said, pointing to a pink wildclaw perched on a crystal and scribbling notes. Socks pouted.

The wildclaw seemed engrossed in his writing and didn’t notice the group for a few minutes. “O- oh!” he said, clutching his notepad. “Sorry. I didn’t- hello!”

He hopped down, rustling the lanterns hanging from his wings. “I’m Diog. Beautiful, aren’t they?” He gestured to the statues. “And look here.”

He hurried over to the nocturne statue, where a scroll was uncurled at its base. “That was in its paw. Now, I’m not too familiar with languages, but it’s not any draconic or beastclan I know. And these runes are similar to ones we use today, and that’s definitely a sketch of a branch from the Starwood Strand.”

The hatchlings all exchanged looks.

“Anyway,” Diog said. “This, and these statues, are an amazing find! I’m going to have the best report in class.”

The hatchlings rolled their eyes. Rhune squinted at the pearlcatcher statue, tilted her head, then said, “It looks like the alchemist from the Astral Voyagers.”

“That’s just a story, dear,” Gloria said.

Rhune shrugged. “Just saying.”
8_Mj_THa_A.png
“Hm,” Rose said, the goblin tilting her head at the page. The group had returned to the Observatory to seek assistance in translating the text. “I have no idea what this says. This must be very old draconic.”

“What about the Arcanist?” Gloria asked.

“He has become very engrossed with mastering some sport called ‘ping pong,’ and who am I to stop him?” Rose sighed. “It’s fine. He’ll probably join us later. We can handle this.”
8_Mj_THa_A.png
“It’s clearly a possessive,” Diog argued some time later, tapping the scroll with a claw. “So it’d roughly translate to our magic-”

“But look at these images. The pillar has to be a conduit of some sort. If the spell is too much for one or a few dragons, casting it without proper preparation-” another scholar said.

Rose sipped at some coffee.

“I don’t think it’d be too much. I think it’s an amplifier, reflecting the magic into it, but if I’m translating this correctly we don’t need a few dragons, we need hundreds, maybe even thousands.”

“We don’t even know what this spell does. Awaken and Renew? That’s vague. Dangerously vague.”

“Well,” yet another said, beaming. “We are Arcane, and there’s only one way to find out for sure. If we need thousands, well, Starfall is right around the corner.”

Rose finished her coffee. “I’ll gather the planning committee.”
8_Mj_THa_A.png

You are invited to our annual Starfall Celebration!

We will be hosting a Ritual Rave, because we found a spell and don't know what it does.*

* The planning committee wishes to stress that we believe it is a protection spell, and would only negatively affect Shade. Shade-touched dragons are advised to attend with caution.**

** Rose will give you a free cup of coffee if you come anyway.***

*** Rose is not on the planning committee and needs to stop editing our invitations.

Day 1 lore - a bit early so I can sleep. o/ @TheDragonsQueen @sapphosaint @Kookaburra
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
@Jazzyleia Hello! I'm hoping you're the right person to ping, but I was wondering; ho many of the events this week and next have badges?
@Jazzyleia Hello! I'm hoping you're the right person to ping, but I was wondering; ho many of the events this week and next have badges?
tumblr_pf94kj0z6q1u6ffy8o1_100.pngtumblr_pf94kj0z6q1u6ffy8o2_100.pngtumblr_pf94kj0z6q1u6ffy8o3_100.pngtumblr_pf94kj0z6q1u6ffy8o4_100.png
I like Rose :D
I like Rose :D
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
The theme is amazing and the art is so cute! I love the colors!
The theme is amazing and the art is so cute! I love the colors!
|PEoUA2B.png
Aaaaaah!!!
Aaaaaah!!!
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
@Jazzyleia
Can I be on all the pinglists please?
This theme is so pretty!
@Jazzyleia
Can I be on all the pinglists please?
This theme is so pretty!
an5nAto.png
@TempestOfStorm