Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Oracle variation by Flight
1 2 3 4 5 6
I managed to finish my own prodigal seer's/BotE lore based Guardian's lore and meshed some of the ideas from the thread. If I had the lair space, I'd definitely get at least 1 oracle/seer from each flight to make a little council of sorts dedicated to finding Tidepotato. But for now, my girl simply keeps in touch with other seers she's met and practices their methods alongside her own, save for Plague and maybe Nature's lol.

oxiclean, your lore idea is amazing and I hope more people adapt it for their Water oracle dragons. ouo
I managed to finish my own prodigal seer's/BotE lore based Guardian's lore and meshed some of the ideas from the thread. If I had the lair space, I'd definitely get at least 1 oracle/seer from each flight to make a little council of sorts dedicated to finding Tidepotato. But for now, my girl simply keeps in touch with other seers she's met and practices their methods alongside her own, save for Plague and maybe Nature's lol.

oxiclean, your lore idea is amazing and I hope more people adapt it for their Water oracle dragons. ouo
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
well, for my own lair's prophets:
-yurusan just goes blank for a few seconds and has a prophecy
-kachi probably screams at the lightweaver with her blank voice that "PROPHECY"
-rakurai has a soul chained to him that directly speaks with bossdad
-ankoku just lives normally and prophecies fly at her constantly
-nekumara stares directly into the sun
well, for my own lair's prophets:
-yurusan just goes blank for a few seconds and has a prophecy
-kachi probably screams at the lightweaver with her blank voice that "PROPHECY"
-rakurai has a soul chained to him that directly speaks with bossdad
-ankoku just lives normally and prophecies fly at her constantly
-nekumara stares directly into the sun
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
I could see aeromancy (essentially weather divination) being pretty popular in Wind, especially with clouds. Ritual dances to receive visions, burning and interpreting colorful incense smoke, and intuitive painting could all be interesting ways for wind dragons to tell fortunes and prophecies!

(Although honestly, oracles from Wind are probably a lot more like this entire scene from the Lion King than any serious mystical dragon lol)
I could see aeromancy (essentially weather divination) being pretty popular in Wind, especially with clouds. Ritual dances to receive visions, burning and interpreting colorful incense smoke, and intuitive painting could all be interesting ways for wind dragons to tell fortunes and prophecies!

(Although honestly, oracles from Wind are probably a lot more like this entire scene from the Lion King than any serious mystical dragon lol)
Xe31U.gifA5z4M.gifHkchr.gifCtqXe.gif
I've always headcanoned Lightning prophecies to be kind of like meteorology: based on the observable and quantifiable, with some wiggle room for the unpredictable, but ultimately a way of prediction from a more scientific point of view. A more mystical take on Lightning prophets could also involve cataloguing lightning strikes, their forking patterns, strike locations, and frequency as signs from the Gods. As for my Light seer girl, Llewyn, she... definitely has stared into the sun on occasions.
I've always headcanoned Lightning prophecies to be kind of like meteorology: based on the observable and quantifiable, with some wiggle room for the unpredictable, but ultimately a way of prediction from a more scientific point of view. A more mystical take on Lightning prophets could also involve cataloguing lightning strikes, their forking patterns, strike locations, and frequency as signs from the Gods. As for my Light seer girl, Llewyn, she... definitely has stared into the sun on occasions.
1 2 3 4 5 6