Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Oracle variation by Flight
1 2 3 4 5 6
I definitely see Arcanites using the stars/planets and runes (runes of the Arcanist) to work their magic, but I think it'd also be cool if they inspected meteor pieces or collected particularly magically-infused pieces of rock/plants/etc. I mean, the whole Arcane realm is radiating strange energies and covered with odd space matter, so I feel as though the oracles, mages, and healers would take advantage of this constantly-changing environment in their work.
I definitely see Arcanites using the stars/planets and runes (runes of the Arcanist) to work their magic, but I think it'd also be cool if they inspected meteor pieces or collected particularly magically-infused pieces of rock/plants/etc. I mean, the whole Arcane realm is radiating strange energies and covered with odd space matter, so I feel as though the oracles, mages, and healers would take advantage of this constantly-changing environment in their work.
3 hours ahead of FR time
my lair has a lightning seer, though she doesn't know she has any powers beyond an uncanny ability to predict the weather, and an inability to sleep through the night thanks to her weird dreams.

i'm also planning on getting a fire seer, but i feel like they would just stare into flames and try and interpret the movements.
my lair has a lightning seer, though she doesn't know she has any powers beyond an uncanny ability to predict the weather, and an inability to sleep through the night thanks to her weird dreams.

i'm also planning on getting a fire seer, but i feel like they would just stare into flames and try and interpret the movements.
kit
they/them
noted corvid hoarder
I actually remembered I have a Lightning Pearlcatcher who is sensitive to air pressure changes and is able to predict the weather, though she was obviously unable to predict the hurricane that hit the Sea of a Thousand Currents. She also collects data from Water dragons, seeing as meteorology and oceanography go hand in hand.
I actually remembered I have a Lightning Pearlcatcher who is sensitive to air pressure changes and is able to predict the weather, though she was obviously unable to predict the hurricane that hit the Sea of a Thousand Currents. She also collects data from Water dragons, seeing as meteorology and oceanography go hand in hand.
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
I got a seer in my clan, she's from Shadow but she moved to Wind pretty quickly? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40617087] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/406171/40617087_350.png[/img] [/url] And because I'm a rebel, she can't sing because she's mute. She gets lots of information thanks to her friend Foxy, who's a kind of spirit, think of the kistune in Japanese mythology. Also she loves throwing gold petals from her magic apparel in the wind, hatchlings love when she does that, she'll lift the veil of the future for the ones who find and bring back a petal to her. For grown ups, she'll take a look at her tarot cards that she keeps with her at all times, or read the stars. (that was totally random lore but I'm happy with it xd)
I got a seer in my clan, she's from Shadow but she moved to Wind pretty quickly?

40617087_350.png

And because I'm a rebel, she can't sing because she's mute.
She gets lots of information thanks to her friend Foxy, who's a kind of spirit, think of the kistune in Japanese mythology.
Also she loves throwing gold petals from her magic apparel in the wind, hatchlings love when she does that, she'll lift the veil of the future for the ones who find and bring back a petal to her.
For grown ups, she'll take a look at her tarot cards that she keeps with her at all times, or read the stars.

(that was totally random lore but I'm happy with it xd)
FR+10
He/They/It
Potato Wannabe
Art shop!
-
Raffle!
Wheeeewze ♥
63453886.png
AjJvOSR.png
kAoy8DA.png
@oxiclean I tried writing something, not sure how it turned out *shrug* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30913662] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/309137/30913662_350.png[/img] [/url] (Also do you have any idea how difficult it is to use bio templates w hen you're on mobile? As in don't even own a computer because the last one broke months ago mobile?)
@oxiclean
I tried writing something, not sure how it turned out *shrug*

30913662_350.png

(Also do you have any idea how difficult it is to use bio templates w hen you're on mobile? As in don't even own a computer because the last one broke months ago mobile?)
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Plague dragons read scars much like one would read palms. Extra information such as where they got the scar, how they got the scar, and who/what inflicted the scar is needed for an accurate reading, but the more experienced can get a decent reading without this information.

Earth dragons look at the layers of rock. The location of the sample tells where relative to that the thing will happen, and other factors such as color, density, etc. tell what will happen and why it will happen.

Water has more tradition stuff. Crystal balls, pools, tidelord's bubbles and whispers. I feel like tarot and other stuff that uses cards/dice/coins and other game-related stuff would be more of a shadow thing.
Plague dragons read scars much like one would read palms. Extra information such as where they got the scar, how they got the scar, and who/what inflicted the scar is needed for an accurate reading, but the more experienced can get a decent reading without this information.

Earth dragons look at the layers of rock. The location of the sample tells where relative to that the thing will happen, and other factors such as color, density, etc. tell what will happen and why it will happen.

Water has more tradition stuff. Crystal balls, pools, tidelord's bubbles and whispers. I feel like tarot and other stuff that uses cards/dice/coins and other game-related stuff would be more of a shadow thing.
854_0b2828e6da7a7fa3_I.gif
@Dragonfruiteen

I know your pain. I'm stuck on mobile most of the time because we're too poor to afford good internet.

Also, Mathas' Bio is very nice!
@Dragonfruiteen

I know your pain. I'm stuck on mobile most of the time because we're too poor to afford good internet.

Also, Mathas' Bio is very nice!
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
I think either Shadow or Nature would read tea leaves.

And i think it would be fun if Ice did some variation of Cromniomancy (literally, divination by onions -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromniomancy) where the diviner would plant multiple seeds with different outcomes assigned to each, and whichever survives is the true outcome.

Lightning could read patterns in the clouds

And Arcane could easily use astrology, but also their domain is chock-full of crystals, so they definitely use scrying mirrors and crystal balls.

Light uses a lot of reflections too, so i think scrying mirrors would be relevant to them too

edit: a previous comment about Shadow using dice and coins is super cool and i might use that for inspiration
I think either Shadow or Nature would read tea leaves.

And i think it would be fun if Ice did some variation of Cromniomancy (literally, divination by onions -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cromniomancy) where the diviner would plant multiple seeds with different outcomes assigned to each, and whichever survives is the true outcome.

Lightning could read patterns in the clouds

And Arcane could easily use astrology, but also their domain is chock-full of crystals, so they definitely use scrying mirrors and crystal balls.

Light uses a lot of reflections too, so i think scrying mirrors would be relevant to them too

edit: a previous comment about Shadow using dice and coins is super cool and i might use that for inspiration
4kfkgm.pngnn Welcome!nnnnn Art Shop nnnnnWishlistnn

Im thinking earth goes to the remains of the world pillar and just kind of like. Does some sort of summoning chant and then something something rocks start floating and then something about reflections in crystals? This all made a lot more sense kn my head....
Im thinking earth goes to the remains of the world pillar and just kind of like. Does some sort of summoning chant and then something something rocks start floating and then something about reflections in crystals? This all made a lot more sense kn my head....
sig1_by_almondlover-dbk63zi.png
I always liked the idea of "reading the smoke" and the "cracks in the bones" were good ways for divination. But then again I never really wondered about the other flights and their oracles, aside from water since we had a story on that aspect itself.
I always liked the idea of "reading the smoke" and the "cracks in the bones" were good ways for divination. But then again I never really wondered about the other flights and their oracles, aside from water since we had a story on that aspect itself.
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
1 2 3 4 5 6