Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What's up with the threads?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
well I have to say this somewhere, I guess this is as good a thread as any at this point

about communication:
Even if no mod or admin can say that anything is going to be fixed because the team has to come together and make a decision, can they not even just say that they have to do that?

"We realize that things are a mess, but we need some time to come to an agreement on what to do about it."

that's all. that's it
and if they're not going to do anything about it?
:/
well I have to say this somewhere, I guess this is as good a thread as any at this point

about communication:
Even if no mod or admin can say that anything is going to be fixed because the team has to come together and make a decision, can they not even just say that they have to do that?

"We realize that things are a mess, but we need some time to come to an agreement on what to do about it."

that's all. that's it
and if they're not going to do anything about it?
:/
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
[quote name="Ashrahn" date="2018-06-11 15:22:02" ] Yet it takes no time at all to type up a "we know there is unrest, and we are working on a solution". [/quote] They did in several threads that later went sour and got deleted for going into fights. Warnings and reminders were also given out. Closing threads is likely also them trying to avoid users getting themselves hyped to the point where they break big rules and have to be suspended (hint mods HATE doing that - seriously its horrible having to issue punishements to users when you can see that its just emotional outbursts)
Ashrahn wrote on 2018-06-11 15:22:02:
Yet it takes no time at all to type up a "we know there is unrest, and we are working on a solution".

They did in several threads that later went sour and got deleted for going into fights. Warnings and reminders were also given out.

Closing threads is likely also them trying to avoid users getting themselves hyped to the point where they break big rules and have to be suspended (hint mods HATE doing that - seriously its horrible having to issue punishements to users when you can see that its just emotional outbursts)
The Great Library
Come share your favourite books and find some more to read!
@overread

My thread, and FallenAngel's, were deleted early Saturday night. FallenAngel's issue HAD to be resolved before the items retired - because it was the CORE question they had.

If FR doesn't have the manpower to run events during weekends, maybe the event should be ended on a weekday? To make sure that all requests were promptly answered?
@overread

My thread, and FallenAngel's, were deleted early Saturday night. FallenAngel's issue HAD to be resolved before the items retired - because it was the CORE question they had.

If FR doesn't have the manpower to run events during weekends, maybe the event should be ended on a weekday? To make sure that all requests were promptly answered?
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-11 15:25:44" ] [quote name="Ashrahn" date="2018-06-11 15:22:02" ] Yet it takes no time at all to type up a "we know there is unrest, and we are working on a solution". [/quote] They did in several threads that later went sour and got deleted for going into fights. Warnings and reminders were also given out. Closing threads is likely also them trying to avoid users getting themselves hyped to the point where they break big rules and have to be suspended (hint mods HATE doing that - seriously its horrible having to issue punishements to users when you can see that its just emotional outbursts) [/quote] I mean, putting it in a place where everyone is going to see it. Make it a sticky or something. Having it in a thread that literally does not exist anymore does what good? No one can see it.
Overread wrote on 2018-06-11 15:25:44:
Yet it takes no time at all to type up a "we know there is unrest, and we are working on a solution".

They did in several threads that later went sour and got deleted for going into fights. Warnings and reminders were also given out.

Closing threads is likely also them trying to avoid users getting themselves hyped to the point where they break big rules and have to be suspended (hint mods HATE doing that - seriously its horrible having to issue punishements to users when you can see that its just emotional outbursts)

I mean, putting it in a place where everyone is going to see it. Make it a sticky or something. Having it in a thread that literally does not exist anymore does what good? No one can see it.
[quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-06-11 15:25:54" ] @overread My thread, and FallenAngel's, were deleted early Saturday night. FallenAngel's issue HAD to be resolved before the items retired - because it was the CORE question they had. If FR doesn't have the manpower to run events during weekends, they shouldn't run events during weekends. [/quote] I never said they didn't have the staff to run events; just that they likely didn't have nor expect to need staff to handle the situation that took place. Ergo this wasn't expected; this took them totally by surprise.
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-06-11 15:25:54:
@overread

If FR doesn't have the manpower to run events during weekends, they shouldn't run events during weekends.

I never said they didn't have the staff to run events; just that they likely didn't have nor expect to need staff to handle the situation that took place. Ergo this wasn't expected; this took them totally by surprise.
The Great Library
[quote name="Ashrahn" date="2018-06-11 15:26:46" ] [quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-11 15:25:44" ] [quote name="Ashrahn" date="2018-06-11 15:22:02" ] Yet it takes no time at all to type up a "we know there is unrest, and we are working on a solution". [/quote] They did in several threads that later went sour and got deleted for going into fights. Warnings and reminders were also given out. Closing threads is likely also them trying to avoid users getting themselves hyped to the point where they break big rules and have to be suspended (hint mods HATE doing that - seriously its horrible having to issue punishements to users when you can see that its just emotional outbursts) [/quote] I mean, putting it in a place where everyone is going to see it. Make it a sticky or something. [/quote] I would agree, but if FR mods have not encountered this kind of huge backlash before they might be wound up trying to solve other matters - don't forget their pm inboxes and email contact us might also be swamped too.
Ashrahn wrote on 2018-06-11 15:26:46:
Overread wrote on 2018-06-11 15:25:44:

I mean, putting it in a place where everyone is going to see it. Make it a sticky or something.

I would agree, but if FR mods have not encountered this kind of huge backlash before they might be wound up trying to solve other matters - don't forget their pm inboxes and email contact us might also be swamped too.
The Great Library
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-11 15:23:44" ] [quote name="FallenAngel" date="2018-06-11 15:20:06" ] [quote name="Elisse" date="2018-06-11 15:18:36" ] We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward. Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset. But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone? [/quote] I put in for Contact Us on the 9th, it is now the 11th. Tick Tock. [/quote] A saturday then a sunday - not all staff will have been prepared to be around. Eyes on FR isn't a massive game update like it is for video games. So there isn't need to have lots of key staff ready. Heck chances are they only need someone in tech. Add into that that FR is likely not their main job; many of the staff likely had to get up this morning, see the problems and then go do a full 9-5 work before coming home to try and help settle this. So whilst we've had 3 days they've not had anywhere near that in Work time on FR itself to debate and discuss this. Plus their Contact us likely has lot of emails; and many of them might be repeats as well so that's a huge backlog to work through too [/quote] As Sopheroo mentioned, the event is now over, so technically it doesn't matter what I get back now. They won't compensate me. At best I will get a copypasted message "we are sorry for the inconvenience but this is how the game is." It's already over. The eyes are staying. Everything burned in the event. I understand they don't have staff ready to instant reply. How hard would it have been for the mods to have their own copypaste along the lines of "Thread removed to cool down forum. We apologize for any inconveniences and look forward to future feedback." I would have accepted that over being told to go contact Customer Support who really cannot even give me support now. EDIT: Let me clarify that I was seeking what the final verdict of the eyes was going to be for the sake of hoarding or selling. They hid this response in the comments of the news drama instead of making a news post, editing the current news post, or even pasting it IN THE THREAD I MADE AND LOCKING IT. Yes folks, it would have answered a lot of peoples' questions if they had simply locked my thread then posted within and bumped it to clarify for everyone who had the same issue as I if the issue was "drama" within the thread that I did not even see.
Overread wrote on 2018-06-11 15:23:44:
FallenAngel wrote on 2018-06-11 15:20:06:
Elisse wrote on 2018-06-11 15:18:36:
We ought to move on. If you have a complaint, do like they suggested and use the Contact Us feature. They’ve seen all the feedback. They’re likely working on what their approach is going forward.

Let me reiterate: FR has seen all the complaint posts. They know this is a business. They know people are upset.

But there’s way more to this site than just a little event. Brightshine anyone?

I put in for Contact Us on the 9th, it is now the 11th. Tick Tock.

A saturday then a sunday - not all staff will have been prepared to be around. Eyes on FR isn't a massive game update like it is for video games. So there isn't need to have lots of key staff ready. Heck chances are they only need someone in tech.
Add into that that FR is likely not their main job; many of the staff likely had to get up this morning, see the problems and then go do a full 9-5 work before coming home to try and help settle this. So whilst we've had 3 days they've not had anywhere near that in Work time on FR itself to debate and discuss this.

Plus their Contact us likely has lot of emails; and many of them might be repeats as well so that's a huge backlog to work through too

As Sopheroo mentioned, the event is now over, so technically it doesn't matter what I get back now. They won't compensate me. At best I will get a copypasted message "we are sorry for the inconvenience but this is how the game is."

It's already over. The eyes are staying. Everything burned in the event. I understand they don't have staff ready to instant reply. How hard would it have been for the mods to have their own copypaste along the lines of "Thread removed to cool down forum. We apologize for any inconveniences and look forward to future feedback." I would have accepted that over being told to go contact Customer Support who really cannot even give me support now.

EDIT: Let me clarify that I was seeking what the final verdict of the eyes was going to be for the sake of hoarding or selling. They hid this response in the comments of the news drama instead of making a news post, editing the current news post, or even pasting it IN THE THREAD I MADE AND LOCKING IT. Yes folks, it would have answered a lot of peoples' questions if they had simply locked my thread then posted within and bumped it to clarify for everyone who had the same issue as I if the issue was "drama" within the thread that I did not even see.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
A lot of Contact Us messages are now getting replies - they're stock, but it's along the lines of 'We are getting and hearing your feedback, but we are getting enormous quantities of it and can't deal with it all at once'.

Honestly would have been great if they'd just posted that message publicly in a sticky. Also definitely a 'we are removing duplicate topic threads because drama' or however it'd be best phrased.

(I feel pretty sorry for all the people with bugs and individual issues that are probably completely lost in the flood)

It's also worth noting that 'all criticism is being removed' is massive hyperbole. Half the posts in suggestions are requests for things to be changed where almost every post is phrased as criticism. There's even one with 'x is lazy' in the title and that's still there. There's literal hundreds of pages of often harsh criticism in the Announcements thread. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason threads are being removed is 50% because of people crossing lines and 50% because Discussion was full of essentially suggestions threads and the same topic over and over.

That could just be me getting tired of the same things being rehashed a dozen times and seeing people getting more and more worked up.
A lot of Contact Us messages are now getting replies - they're stock, but it's along the lines of 'We are getting and hearing your feedback, but we are getting enormous quantities of it and can't deal with it all at once'.

Honestly would have been great if they'd just posted that message publicly in a sticky. Also definitely a 'we are removing duplicate topic threads because drama' or however it'd be best phrased.

(I feel pretty sorry for all the people with bugs and individual issues that are probably completely lost in the flood)

It's also worth noting that 'all criticism is being removed' is massive hyperbole. Half the posts in suggestions are requests for things to be changed where almost every post is phrased as criticism. There's even one with 'x is lazy' in the title and that's still there. There's literal hundreds of pages of often harsh criticism in the Announcements thread. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason threads are being removed is 50% because of people crossing lines and 50% because Discussion was full of essentially suggestions threads and the same topic over and over.

That could just be me getting tired of the same things being rehashed a dozen times and seeing people getting more and more worked up.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
If this thread gets deleted, I’ll honestly laugh.

There is no excuse as to why constructive posts are being removed without a word of acknowledgement. It’s so laughably unprofessional to leave us in the dark this long, and then blatantly delete our suggestions and ignore the outcries of a VAST majority of users.
We would have been far more accepting if you had just been transparent with us and given us the reassurance that we absolutely needed. We would’ve been more than happy to wait. Long time players like myself are especially hurt by this uncharacteristically cold shoulder.

I didn’t come to this site to be deliberately ghosted by the staff who run it. You’ve effectively created a rift in the community and the outright refusal to acknowledge that it exists is what is so disappointing, among other things.
If this thread gets deleted, I’ll honestly laugh.

There is no excuse as to why constructive posts are being removed without a word of acknowledgement. It’s so laughably unprofessional to leave us in the dark this long, and then blatantly delete our suggestions and ignore the outcries of a VAST majority of users.
We would have been far more accepting if you had just been transparent with us and given us the reassurance that we absolutely needed. We would’ve been more than happy to wait. Long time players like myself are especially hurt by this uncharacteristically cold shoulder.

I didn’t come to this site to be deliberately ghosted by the staff who run it. You’ve effectively created a rift in the community and the outright refusal to acknowledge that it exists is what is so disappointing, among other things.
Salt
[quote name="Overread" date="2018-06-11 15:27:14" ] [quote name="Sopheroo" date="2018-06-11 15:25:54" ] @/overread My thread, and FallenAngel's, were deleted early Saturday night. FallenAngel's issue HAD to be resolved before the items retired - because it was the CORE question they had. If FR doesn't have the manpower to run events during weekends, they shouldn't run events during weekends. [/quote] I never said they didn't have the staff to run events; just that they likely didn't have nor expect to need staff to handle the situation that took place. Ergo this wasn't expected; this took them totally by surprise. [/quote] That's still on them. They knew it was a big thing, heck, they did it for the 5th anniversary! That doesn't have to be all hands on deck but with (let's be honest) the pretty negative feedback a lot of new genes were getting combined with the trypo and body horror complaints of the past, they should have had someone on hand authorized to at least sticky a "We're working on it" somewhere.
Overread wrote on 2018-06-11 15:27:14:
Sopheroo wrote on 2018-06-11 15:25:54:
@/overread

If FR doesn't have the manpower to run events during weekends, they shouldn't run events during weekends.

I never said they didn't have the staff to run events; just that they likely didn't have nor expect to need staff to handle the situation that took place. Ergo this wasn't expected; this took them totally by surprise.

That's still on them. They knew it was a big thing, heck, they did it for the 5th anniversary! That doesn't have to be all hands on deck but with (let's be honest) the pretty negative feedback a lot of new genes were getting combined with the trypo and body horror complaints of the past, they should have had someone on hand authorized to at least sticky a "We're working on it" somewhere.
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10