Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why exalt if not for profit OR dom?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@AzaleaPyrope I feel ya. I wouldn't even mind the exalting as much if they would just let them grow up...
@AzaleaPyrope I feel ya. I wouldn't even mind the exalting as much if they would just let them grow up...
(o.o)
Lair space haha
Lair space haha
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
[quote name="@JonTargaryen" date=2017-11-20 19:50:20] It's different with exalting a hatchling if you don't also own their parents or grandparents, because you won't have that offspring list you can check to visit and admire, and the derg the OP was talking about was a hatchling when exalted. [/quote] Except you can do things like this in the dragons bio- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29688299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/296883/29688299_350.png[/img] [/url] Even if the dragons aren't related to anything in your lair, you can still link them to a dragon. The example I showed is a G1 I hatched last year. I hatched two side by side and decided they would be "brothers", despite not being directly related. Lair purge time came and went, and Echo (the brother) ended up getting exalted due to lair space. They're still connected, just not through something as obvious as an offspring list. TLDR- you can still see the exalted dragon very easily even if it's not directly related to any dragons in your lair.
@JonTargaryen wrote on 2017-11-20:

It's different with exalting a hatchling if you don't also own their parents or grandparents, because you won't have that offspring list you can check to visit and admire, and the derg the OP was talking about was a hatchling when exalted.
Except you can do things like this in the dragons bio-

29688299_350.png

Even if the dragons aren't related to anything in your lair, you can still link them to a dragon.
The example I showed is a G1 I hatched last year. I hatched two side by side and decided they would be "brothers", despite not being directly related. Lair purge time came and went, and Echo (the brother) ended up getting exalted due to lair space. They're still connected, just not through something as obvious as an offspring list.

TLDR- you can still see the exalted dragon very easily even if it's not directly related to any dragons in your lair.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
@Shinyumbreon - you know I didn't even think of that. *facepalm* That's a good idea!
@Shinyumbreon - you know I didn't even think of that. *facepalm* That's a good idea!
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
@Shinyumbreon "hate to break it to you, but this is just the way things are" seems to be the default response to new players who are affected by one of the many problems on this complex site before they have a chance to work things out (thinking about progen exalting, which also caused me grief, but has now been fixed. Hopefully more positive changes are coming.) Regarding having the exalted dergs pic saved somewhere as a memior of 'Ah yes this is the dragon I bought, then threw away, but that still counts as ownership' : If all youre going to do is have a picture of it in an unrelated dragons bio, why not just scry every dreamdragon you have, put it in a bio and never bother buying or breeding again.

@JonTargaryen this happened after light had achieved dominance. I learned to be cautious of selling at certain times after several of my first batches of (nature) hatchlings got turned into soup for the plaguebringer. I was fuming and swore I'd be an enemy to all plague players before I realised it was riot of rot the next week and thats just what happens when a flight has a holiday. R.e. pictures in bios again; I put scrys of what I genes I want for my progens and their basic relatives in their bios.

@Rhea Ownership? Bound to the exalters account? All it says on the exalt page is the dragon has been sent to lightweaver, there are no ties to the account is was exalted from other than which flight. If ownership=links to account then I still have both parents and 3 of its siblings which I snatched off the AH the second i found out what happened to the other one. I can click on 'Unnamed" any time I want to revisit this experience. The exalter, unless they saved it's image/link somewhere as mentioned above, has no ties to it.
@Shinyumbreon "hate to break it to you, but this is just the way things are" seems to be the default response to new players who are affected by one of the many problems on this complex site before they have a chance to work things out (thinking about progen exalting, which also caused me grief, but has now been fixed. Hopefully more positive changes are coming.) Regarding having the exalted dergs pic saved somewhere as a memior of 'Ah yes this is the dragon I bought, then threw away, but that still counts as ownership' : If all youre going to do is have a picture of it in an unrelated dragons bio, why not just scry every dreamdragon you have, put it in a bio and never bother buying or breeding again.

@JonTargaryen this happened after light had achieved dominance. I learned to be cautious of selling at certain times after several of my first batches of (nature) hatchlings got turned into soup for the plaguebringer. I was fuming and swore I'd be an enemy to all plague players before I realised it was riot of rot the next week and thats just what happens when a flight has a holiday. R.e. pictures in bios again; I put scrys of what I genes I want for my progens and their basic relatives in their bios.

@Rhea Ownership? Bound to the exalters account? All it says on the exalt page is the dragon has been sent to lightweaver, there are no ties to the account is was exalted from other than which flight. If ownership=links to account then I still have both parents and 3 of its siblings which I snatched off the AH the second i found out what happened to the other one. I can click on 'Unnamed" any time I want to revisit this experience. The exalter, unless they saved it's image/link somewhere as mentioned above, has no ties to it.
@AzaleaPyrope oh OK I didn't know it was after the dom push.

I'm sorry that happened. This kind of stuff has made me really salty and cautious about breeding non-fodder dragons for sale, which is a shame because I've got some nice dergs who would make nice dergs that other people would appreciate. Like I've got a couple Bee dragons who I'm afraid to breed because of things like this.
@AzaleaPyrope oh OK I didn't know it was after the dom push.

I'm sorry that happened. This kind of stuff has made me really salty and cautious about breeding non-fodder dragons for sale, which is a shame because I've got some nice dergs who would make nice dergs that other people would appreciate. Like I've got a couple Bee dragons who I'm afraid to breed because of things like this.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
@azaleapyrope you very clearly misunderstood what I'm doing by having a link to that dragon in the bio- it is my dragon, it still is my dragon as I'm the one who exalted it (if you exalt it, it is tied to your account forever), and they're still a part of my lore (as that dragons brother). I'm not saying "hey scry a dragon and never breed again lol" I'm saying that even if someone exalts it, it can still be used in lore, and dragon 1 does not have to be related to dragon 2 to be useful to dragon 2's lore.
(You also very clearly didn't even bother to read why I linked that G1 to my other G1's profile. If you had, you would know it's not just some random dragon that I linked it to- it's his brother. If you're going to try and make an argument about something, actually bother reading what I said before trying to point out flaws in it.)

If you don't like the way the site works (i.e. Too many dragons and not enough lair space) or don't like your dragons being exalted, don't sell them. That is quite literally the only way you can ever make 100% sure they won't be exalted ever.
Either way, the sooner you come to terms with the fact that 90% of dragons, no matter what their price is, will end up exalted, the better off you'll be. (I can't even remember how many dragons I've bought for over 30kt and then exalted 10 minutes later because I found something better)
Referring to exalting as "throwing a dragon away" isn't going to help because that's not what exalting is. Exalting, in canon, is the highest honor a dragon can ever receive. Referring to it as "throwing away a dragon" is simply not true.
@azaleapyrope you very clearly misunderstood what I'm doing by having a link to that dragon in the bio- it is my dragon, it still is my dragon as I'm the one who exalted it (if you exalt it, it is tied to your account forever), and they're still a part of my lore (as that dragons brother). I'm not saying "hey scry a dragon and never breed again lol" I'm saying that even if someone exalts it, it can still be used in lore, and dragon 1 does not have to be related to dragon 2 to be useful to dragon 2's lore.
(You also very clearly didn't even bother to read why I linked that G1 to my other G1's profile. If you had, you would know it's not just some random dragon that I linked it to- it's his brother. If you're going to try and make an argument about something, actually bother reading what I said before trying to point out flaws in it.)

If you don't like the way the site works (i.e. Too many dragons and not enough lair space) or don't like your dragons being exalted, don't sell them. That is quite literally the only way you can ever make 100% sure they won't be exalted ever.
Either way, the sooner you come to terms with the fact that 90% of dragons, no matter what their price is, will end up exalted, the better off you'll be. (I can't even remember how many dragons I've bought for over 30kt and then exalted 10 minutes later because I found something better)
Referring to exalting as "throwing a dragon away" isn't going to help because that's not what exalting is. Exalting, in canon, is the highest honor a dragon can ever receive. Referring to it as "throwing away a dragon" is simply not true.
giphy.gif7t6ErvU.jpegmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

G1 sales

p74ovv7.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Yeah, it's account-bound as a mechanic. Sure, I won't have an easy link to the dragon, but I like the thought of it.
Yeah, it's account-bound as a mechanic. Sure, I won't have an easy link to the dragon, but I like the thought of it.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote=@AzaleaPyrope]A few people have said "At least you got 16k! Thats all that matters!" But I didnt choose that price to make a lot of money, I chose a high price So It Wouldn't Be Exalted.[/quote] I'm one of those people. Because why else would you sell a dragon except for money? Selling for any reason feels like setting myself up for sadness, you know? And why would you not want it to be exalted? I mean, you said yourself you were likely going to end up exalting the kid anyway if it wasn't sold. It's a bit disappointing to see a kid exalted unnamed (or left in an apparently dead lair unnamed? Who knows...), but you didn't want the dragon either, right?
@AzaleaPyrope wrote:
A few people have said "At least you got 16k! Thats all that matters!" But I didnt choose that price to make a lot of money, I chose a high price So It Wouldn't Be Exalted.
I'm one of those people. Because why else would you sell a dragon except for money? Selling for any reason feels like setting myself up for sadness, you know?

And why would you not want it to be exalted? I mean, you said yourself you were likely going to end up exalting the kid anyway if it wasn't sold. It's a bit disappointing to see a kid exalted unnamed (or left in an apparently dead lair unnamed? Who knows...), but you didn't want the dragon either, right?
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I wish I knew ;_; I once leveled up a pretty unbred Imp to 25, sold it for 300 gems and it was exalted within 24 hours of being sold. I just... don't understand at all. That dragon could have easily been sold again for 300g.
Every time that I've mis-bought a dragon, I've always re-sold it for a similar price. People automatically exalting more-than-fodder-price dragons has always confused me. And even more so, Unnamed?! Why would you do that to someone else's baby? There's a Random Name button you can push that would take all of 5 seconds to do ;_; I don't know. OP, I'm sorry for your loss. It really sucks when stuff like this happens and I empathize with you.
I wish I knew ;_; I once leveled up a pretty unbred Imp to 25, sold it for 300 gems and it was exalted within 24 hours of being sold. I just... don't understand at all. That dragon could have easily been sold again for 300g.
Every time that I've mis-bought a dragon, I've always re-sold it for a similar price. People automatically exalting more-than-fodder-price dragons has always confused me. And even more so, Unnamed?! Why would you do that to someone else's baby? There's a Random Name button you can push that would take all of 5 seconds to do ;_; I don't know. OP, I'm sorry for your loss. It really sucks when stuff like this happens and I empathize with you.
NPPeD7D.pngnhHR5tl.png95VXz8X.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7