Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how do you guys have so much money??
1 2 3
@vihuff
good luck saving for the sprite!! i would loveee to get my hands on one too but i dont have a ton of time to dedicate to making bank e.e
@vihuff
good luck saving for the sprite!! i would loveee to get my hands on one too but i dont have a ton of time to dedicate to making bank e.e
Put a percentage of your money into your vault every single day.

I never let my gems get above 50 before putting them away in my vault.
And I've been doing a personal challenge to put away 50kT every single day for the last week or two. It's working out well but I'm poorer than I started as because I've been spending on genes...
Put a percentage of your money into your vault every single day.

I never let my gems get above 50 before putting them away in my vault.
And I've been doing a personal challenge to put away 50kT every single day for the last week or two. It's working out well but I'm poorer than I started as because I've been spending on genes...
Will he ever stop experimenting with magic? We don't know, but all the dragons he's accidentally transformed from other things don't mind so much.
33181764.pngLlewych, the light magician
I'll pass on the usual advice since I see you're not exactly a newbie. (and everyone beat me to it anyway!)

Instead I'll say this: Buy your favorite candy bar and put it on your desk next to your computer.

Do not eat the candy bar. Ever.

The candy bar represents the money in your vault.
I'll pass on the usual advice since I see you're not exactly a newbie. (and everyone beat me to it anyway!)

Instead I'll say this: Buy your favorite candy bar and put it on your desk next to your computer.

Do not eat the candy bar. Ever.

The candy bar represents the money in your vault.
@Liberosis

You can earn 75k a day from the fairgrounds. The easiest way to do this, IMO, is to play about three games of artifracture, which has a ridiculously good treasure-to-time ratio. I usually make it to around level 13-15 or so before I finally lose the game, by which point I've earned about 20-30 thousand treasure.

By the way, Higher Or Lower does not count toward the treasure cap. Instead, you can play every hour. If you follow a basic strategy informed by statistics, you'll usually get it right, and can net about a thousand gold per hour from taking a minute or so to click a couple buttons. The strategy is: if the number you see is 7 or higher, choose "lower". Otherwise, pick "higher".

In the first few days of a festival, if you don't want to buy the stuff at Joxxar's shop, use the tokens for money making: gather them from coliseum, daily gathering in the correct zone, and keep Baldwin busy making them Heck I forgot to refresh him and then sell the tokens on the auction house.

If you have a high level dragon or two, fodder flipping can be profitable, though I have no experience with that yet. Buy the cheapest adult fodder you can find (ugly, so you're not tempted to keep it), or hatchlings if you're willing to wait for them to grow. Look up an exaltation payout chart to see what level they need to reach to pay more than you bought them for, and then level up a bit past that and exalt for profit.
The downside of this method is that you may be tempted to impulse buy pretty dergs. You can potentially get around this by setting the filters to only show you dragons of breeds or colors you don't like.

Remember to bond with your familiars, and do your daily Tomo's Trivia. I believe you can get something like 3k a day from her if you answer everything correctly. Here's an answer guide.

Also remember to visit Crim when she resets (every hour, same time as Higher or Lower). This is less important, as she's usually asking for stuff you don't have, or which is worth more than she's offering, but occasionally she'll ask for a random piece of junk you picked up in the coli or from gathering and give you like 500t. If she offers more than a thousand treasure for something you don't have, it may be worth checking the AH to see if you can get one cheaper.
A general rule of thumb is that if she asks for something on this list, it's worth more than she's offering, because it's used for Baldwin or swipp recipes. On the other hand, that means other players will likely pay out the nose for those items, so if you don't care what they're used for, this list can tell you what items you can sell on the AH.

And yes, if you're bad at holding onto money, put it in the vault. Designate an amount that you will deposit every day - a good amount, like 40k+. It will build up. Set yourself goals for what you want to buy (it helps to have only one project at a time - one dragon you will focus on dressing or gening, for instance), and use the vault funds only for that.
@Liberosis

You can earn 75k a day from the fairgrounds. The easiest way to do this, IMO, is to play about three games of artifracture, which has a ridiculously good treasure-to-time ratio. I usually make it to around level 13-15 or so before I finally lose the game, by which point I've earned about 20-30 thousand treasure.

By the way, Higher Or Lower does not count toward the treasure cap. Instead, you can play every hour. If you follow a basic strategy informed by statistics, you'll usually get it right, and can net about a thousand gold per hour from taking a minute or so to click a couple buttons. The strategy is: if the number you see is 7 or higher, choose "lower". Otherwise, pick "higher".

In the first few days of a festival, if you don't want to buy the stuff at Joxxar's shop, use the tokens for money making: gather them from coliseum, daily gathering in the correct zone, and keep Baldwin busy making them Heck I forgot to refresh him and then sell the tokens on the auction house.

If you have a high level dragon or two, fodder flipping can be profitable, though I have no experience with that yet. Buy the cheapest adult fodder you can find (ugly, so you're not tempted to keep it), or hatchlings if you're willing to wait for them to grow. Look up an exaltation payout chart to see what level they need to reach to pay more than you bought them for, and then level up a bit past that and exalt for profit.
The downside of this method is that you may be tempted to impulse buy pretty dergs. You can potentially get around this by setting the filters to only show you dragons of breeds or colors you don't like.

Remember to bond with your familiars, and do your daily Tomo's Trivia. I believe you can get something like 3k a day from her if you answer everything correctly. Here's an answer guide.

Also remember to visit Crim when she resets (every hour, same time as Higher or Lower). This is less important, as she's usually asking for stuff you don't have, or which is worth more than she's offering, but occasionally she'll ask for a random piece of junk you picked up in the coli or from gathering and give you like 500t. If she offers more than a thousand treasure for something you don't have, it may be worth checking the AH to see if you can get one cheaper.
A general rule of thumb is that if she asks for something on this list, it's worth more than she's offering, because it's used for Baldwin or swipp recipes. On the other hand, that means other players will likely pay out the nose for those items, so if you don't care what they're used for, this list can tell you what items you can sell on the AH.

And yes, if you're bad at holding onto money, put it in the vault. Designate an amount that you will deposit every day - a good amount, like 40k+. It will build up. Set yourself goals for what you want to buy (it helps to have only one project at a time - one dragon you will focus on dressing or gening, for instance), and use the vault funds only for that.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
My question is, how do you have so little? XD I usually only spend cash cash for sniping (my main moneymaking scheme- buy low in MP, sell high in AH), stuff to hoard for a while then sell on off-months (Seasonal breaths, cycling gem MP, etc.) and the occasional gift or treat to other players or myself.
Throwing a little bit in your Vault everyday works well too- grinding Fairgrounds and throwing the treasure into my Vault how I saved for my first Wildclaw scroll. It took 2.5 weeks, and it probably would've been faster if I knew about sniping at the time!
My question is, how do you have so little? XD I usually only spend cash cash for sniping (my main moneymaking scheme- buy low in MP, sell high in AH), stuff to hoard for a while then sell on off-months (Seasonal breaths, cycling gem MP, etc.) and the occasional gift or treat to other players or myself.
Throwing a little bit in your Vault everyday works well too- grinding Fairgrounds and throwing the treasure into my Vault how I saved for my first Wildclaw scroll. It took 2.5 weeks, and it probably would've been faster if I knew about sniping at the time!
mGBJ0tP.png
@ShadmeTheAngel
i ask myself that too lol... i think it's just because i found a lot of pretty dragons this week, and ended up buying like all of them (i bought a 25kt dragon when i had 25087 on hand, so that's why i only had 87t when i made this post)
@ShadmeTheAngel
i ask myself that too lol... i think it's just because i found a lot of pretty dragons this week, and ended up buying like all of them (i bought a 25kt dragon when i had 25087 on hand, so that's why i only had 87t when i made this post)
globules.png
last year, i use to put 20kt in my vault everyday (from doing fairgrounds), so within a few days i'd have 100kt

i also level and exalt dragons and while it's sometimes boring, it makes that sweet dragon cash
last year, i use to put 20kt in my vault everyday (from doing fairgrounds), so within a few days i'd have 100kt

i also level and exalt dragons and while it's sometimes boring, it makes that sweet dragon cash
@Liberosis
you definitely can't blame impulse buying dragons on me

also, i have followed that one person's advice on just adblocking the vault thing. it's already working wow
@Liberosis
you definitely can't blame impulse buying dragons on me

also, i have followed that one person's advice on just adblocking the vault thing. it's already working wow
fsjgklggk.png hjkkk.gif slowly going through posts to replace broken images. if i upload the wrong image feel free to let me know
The way I learned to start saving was to put all of my money into the vault, then I would always have exactly 50kt and 50 gems on hand and then now I don't have any in the vault.
The way I learned to start saving was to put all of my money into the vault, then I would always have exactly 50kt and 50 gems on hand and then now I don't have any in the vault.
KvxzF3W.pngJcdyE1n.png opcExsG.png
BsnXCRp.png
0XHtpWy.png
J7D1quC.png

WKtl2lb.png
FObX7rS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelFObX7rS_d.png
@Liberosis coli then selling crap on the AH mostly.

You might want to check out The Sedona Build since you're having trouble getting any eliminates. I haven't had a chance to test-drive it personally, but it seems promising.
@Liberosis coli then selling crap on the AH mostly.

You might want to check out The Sedona Build since you're having trouble getting any eliminates. I haven't had a chance to test-drive it personally, but it seems promising.
1 2 3