Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Vetetarns, tell me epic moments here
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
SIT DOWN KIDS THIS IS A GREAT TIME FOR A STORY ABOUT:

THE GREAT JIGGLE-POCALPSE

OK first off, do you know how in puzzles the pieces don't exactly like to be stacked up against each other. They'll sort of push other pieces out of the way?

Well that wasn't always there. The pieces used to not move around at all like normal puzzles.

This Storm begins in the grand old days of 2013, I think it was in somewhere in September-October but I don't want to dig through old forum threads to be sure of the exact dates involved.

Remember, these were dark days, very dark days. An Imperial was worth a king's ransom; they went for 1-3 million treasure for honestly, pretty terrible colors and gene combos. People had these absolutely ridiculous payment plans for them.

I bought one when prices hit 500,000. I later exalted them, because their colors didn't work and they had some really funky lore that I didn't want to rework.

This wasn't just imperials, mind. I bought my fourth dragon( had a one egg nest day 1) for nearly 40,000 treasure and that was an un-gened Fae dragon

(This guy: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=1592&tab=dragon&did=51957) ,

stuff like Snappers and Ridgebacks were pricey, few people had them because there were few effective means of making treasure on site hence the absurd gem ratio.

Now we had the fairgrounds but we only had Puzzles and Runestone to keep us company. No one had high enough coli teams to grid really. Hence why there are decidedly few light sprites running around because gathering did not give too much(it got buffed later).

The site was decidedly unstable at this time and went down quite often(constantly). We quite literally brought it to a crawl, more than a thousand people on at a time made it go, well, kaput.

Undel referred to it as the DDOS of love, it fits. I miss when the admins would joke around and be goofs, they don't do that anymore.

But anyway because the site went down often and with it the fairgrounds and coli, people started trying to come up with ways to make money in the small window we had available.

This is also what people are referring to when the gem ration was 80t:1g. It really did get that low because there wasn't enough treasure on site.

Hence all this led up to the Great Puzzle Cheating Scandal.

Now I wouldn't exactly call this cheating myself, it was exploiting game mechanics and things the admins had never planned for. No hacking was involved, it was technically legal.

Now, puzzle pieces will click together if the edges match up. what people did was shove the pieces all in one pile and keep tossing pieces towards the center forming sections of completed puzzle. This completely defeated the concept of puzzles and once people found out about it, it spread like wildfire.

The gem rate promptly went up and stayed up, because, you know, people have actual treasure now.

Now the admins realized exactly what was going on but were busy patching a ton of duplication glitches(and bannings were involved) but puzzles eventually caught their eye because, it was actually doable and was being done on a large scaleby the average person because it was so easy.

But Anyway Thrage implemented the jiggling. pieces would no longer stack in piles.

Not a bad idea, it just had poor implementation.

The pieces would jiggle against each other so badly they would escape the confines of space and time because they jiggled themselves right out of the box.

This resulted in puzzles being nearly unsolvable.

Hence there was much understandable drama about that.

they then sucessfully irritated everyone on site when they declared the jiggling a non issue, I think a couple people recorded themselves playing a bunch of games just to prove it happened. There was also a bunch of us who filed "contact us" for every time a game was uncompletable due to lost pieces. Plus the several 50+ page forum threads complaining about the jiggling.

Evetually they fixed it and the shock switch and later thrage drama overshadowed the jiggling quite a bit so the issue escaped a lot of older players minds because drama.

Hence my duty to spread the Story about the jiggling and the Great puzzle drama.
SIT DOWN KIDS THIS IS A GREAT TIME FOR A STORY ABOUT:

THE GREAT JIGGLE-POCALPSE

OK first off, do you know how in puzzles the pieces don't exactly like to be stacked up against each other. They'll sort of push other pieces out of the way?

Well that wasn't always there. The pieces used to not move around at all like normal puzzles.

This Storm begins in the grand old days of 2013, I think it was in somewhere in September-October but I don't want to dig through old forum threads to be sure of the exact dates involved.

Remember, these were dark days, very dark days. An Imperial was worth a king's ransom; they went for 1-3 million treasure for honestly, pretty terrible colors and gene combos. People had these absolutely ridiculous payment plans for them.

I bought one when prices hit 500,000. I later exalted them, because their colors didn't work and they had some really funky lore that I didn't want to rework.

This wasn't just imperials, mind. I bought my fourth dragon( had a one egg nest day 1) for nearly 40,000 treasure and that was an un-gened Fae dragon

(This guy: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=1592&tab=dragon&did=51957) ,

stuff like Snappers and Ridgebacks were pricey, few people had them because there were few effective means of making treasure on site hence the absurd gem ratio.

Now we had the fairgrounds but we only had Puzzles and Runestone to keep us company. No one had high enough coli teams to grid really. Hence why there are decidedly few light sprites running around because gathering did not give too much(it got buffed later).

The site was decidedly unstable at this time and went down quite often(constantly). We quite literally brought it to a crawl, more than a thousand people on at a time made it go, well, kaput.

Undel referred to it as the DDOS of love, it fits. I miss when the admins would joke around and be goofs, they don't do that anymore.

But anyway because the site went down often and with it the fairgrounds and coli, people started trying to come up with ways to make money in the small window we had available.

This is also what people are referring to when the gem ration was 80t:1g. It really did get that low because there wasn't enough treasure on site.

Hence all this led up to the Great Puzzle Cheating Scandal.

Now I wouldn't exactly call this cheating myself, it was exploiting game mechanics and things the admins had never planned for. No hacking was involved, it was technically legal.

Now, puzzle pieces will click together if the edges match up. what people did was shove the pieces all in one pile and keep tossing pieces towards the center forming sections of completed puzzle. This completely defeated the concept of puzzles and once people found out about it, it spread like wildfire.

The gem rate promptly went up and stayed up, because, you know, people have actual treasure now.

Now the admins realized exactly what was going on but were busy patching a ton of duplication glitches(and bannings were involved) but puzzles eventually caught their eye because, it was actually doable and was being done on a large scaleby the average person because it was so easy.

But Anyway Thrage implemented the jiggling. pieces would no longer stack in piles.

Not a bad idea, it just had poor implementation.

The pieces would jiggle against each other so badly they would escape the confines of space and time because they jiggled themselves right out of the box.

This resulted in puzzles being nearly unsolvable.

Hence there was much understandable drama about that.

they then sucessfully irritated everyone on site when they declared the jiggling a non issue, I think a couple people recorded themselves playing a bunch of games just to prove it happened. There was also a bunch of us who filed "contact us" for every time a game was uncompletable due to lost pieces. Plus the several 50+ page forum threads complaining about the jiggling.

Evetually they fixed it and the shock switch and later thrage drama overshadowed the jiggling quite a bit so the issue escaped a lot of older players minds because drama.

Hence my duty to spread the Story about the jiggling and the Great puzzle drama.
PdgyR10.png
i wasnt here for it and i dont even know if youre allowed to talk about it but there was this huge boolean scam with leanding the familiar to people for the achievement
i wasnt here for it and i dont even know if youre allowed to talk about it but there was this huge boolean scam with leanding the familiar to people for the achievement
xWfF5ty.gif
That time ice got dom for a couple weeks in a row and everyone got mad
That time ice got dom for a couple weeks in a row and everyone got mad
63cb63d45f9d305a5fd16afefa8e2b2c28c7e68c.png
Well once there was a- wait no I haven't said anything---- [img]https://images.pond5.com/close-static-tv-screen-footage-010579571_prevstill.jpeg[/img]
Well once there was a- wait no I haven't said anything----

close-static-tv-screen-footage-010579571_prevstill.jpeg
The Lameforger's and the Crystalline Gla

The MASSIVE HECKTACULAR of the Nature vs Light battle, and then the Ice vs Water push afterwards. Fodder was at 15000T

Baldwin's transformation. "bud u ok"

N A O M I (was 'here' for)

The first BotB (I was... "here")
The Lameforger's and the Crystalline Gla

The MASSIVE HECKTACULAR of the Nature vs Light battle, and then the Ice vs Water push afterwards. Fodder was at 15000T

Baldwin's transformation. "bud u ok"

N A O M I (was 'here' for)

The first BotB (I was... "here")
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
idk if it can be talked about but the
arcane spies in light scandal
idk if it can be talked about but the
arcane spies in light scandal
|Art Shop|Wish List|He/Him/It/Its
Waking up one morning to SUDDENLY NOCTURNES was pretty epic, honestly. My brain could hardly process it. And then the grinding for chests began... so, so many chests... so many buttrocks....
Waking up one morning to SUDDENLY NOCTURNES was pretty epic, honestly. My brain could hardly process it. And then the grinding for chests began... so, so many chests... so many buttrocks....
yTk2Oxd.pngbb8_ice_banner_2_2_by_jeanpolnareff-d9v0n15.png
The lead up to the Skydancer release. There were just heaping mountains of excitement, there was barely a single thread on any of the subforums not talking about them. The 'main' discussion thread reached truely monstrous proportions (I'm talking hundreds of pages) in the space of a couple of days.

Ah, good times... Now THAT was proper hype, none of the wishy washy nonsense you got in relation to new genes or bogsneaks.
The lead up to the Skydancer release. There were just heaping mountains of excitement, there was barely a single thread on any of the subforums not talking about them. The 'main' discussion thread reached truely monstrous proportions (I'm talking hundreds of pages) in the space of a couple of days.

Ah, good times... Now THAT was proper hype, none of the wishy washy nonsense you got in relation to new genes or bogsneaks.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
[quote name="Amyatzu" date=2017-07-26 18:10:46]The MASSIVE HECKTACULAR of the Nature vs Light battle, and then the Ice vs Water push afterwards. Fodder was at 15000T[/quote] There was a Fire vs. Plague where hatchlings were going for 18k+ at the end.
Amyatzu wrote on 2017-07-26:

There was a Fire vs. Plague where hatchlings were going for 18k+ at the end.
zQ6DQTa.png
This was during beta, before the official release of the website. [b]Edit[/b]: And it's not really part of what happened on the website per se, just an experience I had. I had my first FR-related dream. Or nightmare. It depends on your aesthetic I suppose. A lot of us were planning on what kind of dragon our progens would be, what colors we would assign them and such. I already knew I wanted my custom progen to have an Obsidian body with Midnight wings, be male and a Wildclaw (If you decide to check my progens I scattered them to get better terts, but he originally WAS Obs and Mid). My dream. MY DREAM THOUGH. I ACCIDENTALLY TURNED HIM BRIGHT PINK. AND CHANGED HIM INTO A RIDGEBACK INSTEAD OF A WILDCLAW. He was basically this: [img]http://i.imgur.com/JQQgJxH.png[/img] And I woke up and immediately went to the website to make sure I hadn't actually done it. No offense to those who'd love this guy as their own. I was just panicked that I messed up my own Progen plans.
This was during beta, before the official release of the website. Edit: And it's not really part of what happened on the website per se, just an experience I had.

I had my first FR-related dream. Or nightmare. It depends on your aesthetic I suppose.

A lot of us were planning on what kind of dragon our progens would be, what colors we would assign them and such. I already knew I wanted my custom progen to have an Obsidian body with Midnight wings, be male and a Wildclaw (If you decide to check my progens I scattered them to get better terts, but he originally WAS Obs and Mid).

My dream. MY DREAM THOUGH.

I ACCIDENTALLY TURNED HIM BRIGHT PINK. AND CHANGED HIM INTO A RIDGEBACK INSTEAD OF A WILDCLAW.

He was basically this:

JQQgJxH.png

And I woke up and immediately went to the website to make sure I hadn't actually done it.

No offense to those who'd love this guy as their own. I was just panicked that I messed up my own Progen plans.
Jc6ZU5D.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11