Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Vetetarns, tell me epic moments here
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
uwuland

cursed forever
uwuland

cursed forever
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
[img]https://i.imgur.com/B8FxcZ9.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/wxS6bCy.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/Emt5TkK.png[/img] not a veteran thing but i do enjoy translating latin dragon bio pages into english
B8FxcZ9.png
wxS6bCy.png
Emt5TkK.png
not a veteran thing but i do enjoy translating latin dragon bio pages into english
dracovish_1.png HE/THEY
+3 FRT
[quote name="@Mokuba" date="2020-05-03 08:45:43" ] [quote name="@atlanticREM" date="2020-05-03 01:28:33" ] Not really a vet, but the 1t AH night was a blast. All the threads kept getting locked. It was so much fun to toss things around for 1t. The sheer adrenaline that set in every time you went to the AH to try and grab something was wild aha.. [/quote] oh!! I think I was the one who caused that lol It was a wild ride [/quote] Would love some more background info on that, if either of you have some spare time ^
@Mokuba wrote on 2020-05-03 08:45:43:
@atlanticREM wrote on 2020-05-03 01:28:33:
Not really a vet, but the 1t AH night was a blast. All the threads kept getting locked. It was so much fun to toss things around for 1t. The sheer adrenaline that set in every time you went to the AH to try and grab something was wild aha..
oh!! I think I was the one who caused that lol
It was a wild ride

Would love some more background info on that, if either of you have some spare time ^
•*~* g1s for sale *~*•
Red Maple Leaf Copper Ore Red Maple Leaf
[quote name="@lavendersoap" date="2020-05-03 11:14:51" ] [quote name="Mokuba" date="2020-05-03 08:45:43" ] [quote name="atlanticREM" date="2020-05-03 01:28:33" ] Not really a vet, but the 1t AH night was a blast. All the threads kept getting locked. It was so much fun to toss things around for 1t. The sheer adrenaline that set in every time you went to the AH to try and grab something was wild aha.. [/quote] oh!! I think I was the one who caused that lol It was a wild ride [/quote] Would love some more background info on that, if either of you have some spare time ^ [/quote] I don’t know about most of the night since I fell asleep, but I started the beginning of it. I made a thread called ‘a singular phytocat’ where I said i was gonna sell a bamboo phytocat for 1t on the AH. About 5 people stalked the AH, waiting for me to post it. I don’t remember who got it bu it was snatched up in half a second. It was super amusing to me so I posted some more stuff (I don’t remember what it was) and the idea caught on. Eventually people were posting things like sprites for 1t and everything was going wild. I deleted the original thread so it’s not around anymore, and a lot of the others were locked or deleted. but that’s it from my experience, lol
@lavendersoap wrote on 2020-05-03 11:14:51:
Mokuba wrote on 2020-05-03 08:45:43:
atlanticREM wrote on 2020-05-03 01:28:33:
Not really a vet, but the 1t AH night was a blast. All the threads kept getting locked. It was so much fun to toss things around for 1t. The sheer adrenaline that set in every time you went to the AH to try and grab something was wild aha..
oh!! I think I was the one who caused that lol
It was a wild ride

Would love some more background info on that, if either of you have some spare time ^
I don’t know about most of the night since I fell asleep, but I started the beginning of it. I made a thread called ‘a singular phytocat’ where I said i was gonna sell a bamboo phytocat for 1t on the AH. About 5 people stalked the AH, waiting for me to post it. I don’t remember who got it bu it was snatched up in half a second. It was super amusing to me so I posted some more stuff (I don’t remember what it was) and the idea caught on. Eventually people were posting things like sprites for 1t and everything was going wild.
I deleted the original thread so it’s not around anymore, and a lot of the others were locked or deleted. but that’s it from my experience, lol
[quote name="Charias" date="2020-05-03 07:13:21" ] [quote name="UnicornChild132" date="2020-05-03 06:52:53" ] There was this guy in an ad instead of the hiveworks comics [img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/evQCX9v.gif.png[/img] Here's the whole thread :o https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1805714/1 [/quote] [color=#457723]Petition to make this guy an official FR emoji [/quote] Yes please!
Charias wrote on 2020-05-03 07:13:21:
UnicornChild132 wrote on 2020-05-03 06:52:53:
There was this guy in an ad instead of the hiveworks comics
evQCX9v.gif.pngevQCX9v.gif.pngevQCX9v.gif.pngevQCX9v.gif.pngevQCX9v.gif.pngevQCX9v.gif.pngevQCX9v.gif.pngevQCX9v.gif.png

Here's the whole thread :o
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1805714/1
Petition to make this guy an official FR emoji
Yes please!
5949335_4yIOnfWSpuYviQb.png
stW7qZC.png tumblr_inline_o1jshi1q2F1rbazpx_540.png
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Stormcatcher's office party yet and how all the deities came to talk about it

Edit: you won't be able to see the actual thing, but the deities talk in the forums

Also, just stormcatcher in general
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Stormcatcher's office party yet and how all the deities came to talk about it

Edit: you won't be able to see the actual thing, but the deities talk in the forums

Also, just stormcatcher in general
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
In the past, there used to be registration windows for FR, before it could be opened up permanently. The windows were once a month by around 2016, and were represented by each deity for their respective month.

It was July 2016, so it was the Stormcatcher's turn to be represented on the registration window banner. Except some mistake happened, and the Flamecaller was represented instead for the registration window.

The mistake was instantly caught, though no changes were made.

Someone was upset.

But Stormcatcher got his the next month.
In the past, there used to be registration windows for FR, before it could be opened up permanently. The windows were once a month by around 2016, and were represented by each deity for their respective month.

It was July 2016, so it was the Stormcatcher's turn to be represented on the registration window banner. Except some mistake happened, and the Flamecaller was represented instead for the registration window.

The mistake was instantly caught, though no changes were made.

Someone was upset.

But Stormcatcher got his the next month.
[quote name="StarrySpelunker" date="2017-07-26 17:58:18" ] SIT DOWN KIDS THIS IS A GREAT TIME FOR A STORY ABOUT: THE GREAT JIGGLE-POCALPSE OK first off, do you know how in puzzles the pieces don't exactly like to be stacked up against each other. They'll sort of push other pieces out of the way? Well that wasn't always there. The pieces used to not move around at all like normal puzzles. This Storm begins in the grand old days of 2013, I think it was in somewhere in September-October but I don't want to dig through old forum threads to be sure of the exact dates involved. Remember, these were dark days, very dark days. An Imperial was worth a king's ransom; they went for 1-3 million treasure for honestly, pretty terrible colors and gene combos. People had these absolutely ridiculous payment plans for them. I bought one when prices hit 500,000. I later exalted them, because their colors didn't work and they had some really funky lore that I didn't want to rework. This wasn't just imperials, mind. I bought my fourth dragon( had a one egg nest day 1) for nearly 40,000 treasure and that was an un-gened Fae dragon (This guy: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=1592&tab=dragon&did=51957) , stuff like Snappers and Ridgebacks were pricey, few people had them because there were few effective means of making treasure on site hence the absurd gem ratio. Now we had the fairgrounds but we only had Puzzles and Runestone to keep us company. No one had high enough coli teams to grid really. Hence why there are decidedly few light sprites running around because gathering did not give too much(it got buffed later). The site was decidedly unstable at this time and went down quite often(constantly). We quite literally brought it to a crawl, more than a thousand people on at a time made it go, well, kaput. Undel referred to it as the DDOS of love, it fits. I miss when the admins would joke around and be goofs, they don't do that anymore. But anyway because the site went down often and with it the fairgrounds and coli, people started trying to come up with ways to make money in the small window we had available. This is also what people are referring to when the gem ration was 80t:1g. It really did get that low because there wasn't enough treasure on site. Hence all this led up to the Great Puzzle Cheating Scandal. Now I wouldn't exactly call this cheating myself, it was exploiting game mechanics and things the admins had never planned for. No hacking was involved, it was technically legal. Now, puzzle pieces will click together if the edges match up. what people did was shove the pieces all in one pile and keep tossing pieces towards the center forming sections of completed puzzle. This completely defeated the concept of puzzles and once people found out about it, it spread like wildfire. The gem rate promptly went up and stayed up, because, you know, people have actual treasure now. Now the admins realized exactly what was going on but were busy patching a ton of duplication glitches(and bannings were involved) but puzzles eventually caught their eye because, it was actually doable and was being done on a large scaleby the average person because it was so easy. But Anyway Thrage implemented the jiggling. pieces would no longer stack in piles. Not a bad idea, it just had poor implementation. The pieces would jiggle against each other so badly they would escape the confines of space and time because they jiggled themselves right out of the box. This resulted in puzzles being nearly unsolvable. Hence there was much understandable drama about that. they then sucessfully irritated everyone on site when they declared the jiggling a non issue, I think a couple people recorded themselves playing a bunch of games just to prove it happened. There was also a bunch of us who filed "contact us" for every time a game was uncompletable due to lost pieces. Plus the several 50+ page forum threads complaining about the jiggling. Evetually they fixed it and the shock switch and later thrage drama overshadowed the jiggling quite a bit so the issue escaped a lot of older players minds because drama. Hence my duty to spread the Story about the jiggling and the Great puzzle drama. [/quote] Oh wow..I wish anything interesting has happened recently...wait... Tidecaller
StarrySpelunker wrote on 2017-07-26 17:58:18:
SIT DOWN KIDS THIS IS A GREAT TIME FOR A STORY ABOUT:

THE GREAT JIGGLE-POCALPSE

OK first off, do you know how in puzzles the pieces don't exactly like to be stacked up against each other. They'll sort of push other pieces out of the way?

Well that wasn't always there. The pieces used to not move around at all like normal puzzles.

This Storm begins in the grand old days of 2013, I think it was in somewhere in September-October but I don't want to dig through old forum threads to be sure of the exact dates involved.

Remember, these were dark days, very dark days. An Imperial was worth a king's ransom; they went for 1-3 million treasure for honestly, pretty terrible colors and gene combos. People had these absolutely ridiculous payment plans for them.

I bought one when prices hit 500,000. I later exalted them, because their colors didn't work and they had some really funky lore that I didn't want to rework.

This wasn't just imperials, mind. I bought my fourth dragon( had a one egg nest day 1) for nearly 40,000 treasure and that was an un-gened Fae dragon

(This guy: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=1592&tab=dragon&did=51957) ,

stuff like Snappers and Ridgebacks were pricey, few people had them because there were few effective means of making treasure on site hence the absurd gem ratio.

Now we had the fairgrounds but we only had Puzzles and Runestone to keep us company. No one had high enough coli teams to grid really. Hence why there are decidedly few light sprites running around because gathering did not give too much(it got buffed later).

The site was decidedly unstable at this time and went down quite often(constantly). We quite literally brought it to a crawl, more than a thousand people on at a time made it go, well, kaput.

Undel referred to it as the DDOS of love, it fits. I miss when the admins would joke around and be goofs, they don't do that anymore.

But anyway because the site went down often and with it the fairgrounds and coli, people started trying to come up with ways to make money in the small window we had available.

This is also what people are referring to when the gem ration was 80t:1g. It really did get that low because there wasn't enough treasure on site.

Hence all this led up to the Great Puzzle Cheating Scandal.

Now I wouldn't exactly call this cheating myself, it was exploiting game mechanics and things the admins had never planned for. No hacking was involved, it was technically legal.

Now, puzzle pieces will click together if the edges match up. what people did was shove the pieces all in one pile and keep tossing pieces towards the center forming sections of completed puzzle. This completely defeated the concept of puzzles and once people found out about it, it spread like wildfire.

The gem rate promptly went up and stayed up, because, you know, people have actual treasure now.

Now the admins realized exactly what was going on but were busy patching a ton of duplication glitches(and bannings were involved) but puzzles eventually caught their eye because, it was actually doable and was being done on a large scaleby the average person because it was so easy.

But Anyway Thrage implemented the jiggling. pieces would no longer stack in piles.

Not a bad idea, it just had poor implementation.

The pieces would jiggle against each other so badly they would escape the confines of space and time because they jiggled themselves right out of the box.

This resulted in puzzles being nearly unsolvable.

Hence there was much understandable drama about that.

they then sucessfully irritated everyone on site when they declared the jiggling a non issue, I think a couple people recorded themselves playing a bunch of games just to prove it happened. There was also a bunch of us who filed "contact us" for every time a game was uncompletable due to lost pieces. Plus the several 50+ page forum threads complaining about the jiggling.

Evetually they fixed it and the shock switch and later thrage drama overshadowed the jiggling quite a bit so the issue escaped a lot of older players minds because drama.

Hence my duty to spread the Story about the jiggling and the Great puzzle drama.
Oh wow..I wish anything interesting has happened recently...wait... Tidecaller
BVUXJUX.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifBreeze or Breezy
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifFR + 1
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Future Author, Artist, and Poet!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifI love roleplaying!

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Art Shop Coming Soon!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif I love Hamilton
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifVery Active on FR!
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifCredit!
28262.png
Not an epic moment necessarily, but I remember the FR site icon being changed and I didn't see any mention of it in this thread. Thankfully, my phone is fun and puts both of the logos right next to each other still in my frequently visited section of the new tab page. So, here's this nice comparison image for all the newer players who may not even know about this. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/643983441683284009/706686418977816647/image0.png[/img] [s]I'm sorry if this is big. I didn't want to mess with resizing.[/s]
Not an epic moment necessarily, but I remember the FR site icon being changed and I didn't see any mention of it in this thread.

Thankfully, my phone is fun and puts both of the logos right next to each other still in my frequently visited section of the new tab page. So, here's this nice comparison image for all the newer players who may not even know about this.

image0.png

I'm sorry if this is big. I didn't want to mess with resizing.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11