Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 280 281
I'm hoping to write at least a few lore stories this year. I finally finished all my dragons, (genes/looks/bio templates), now I just need to fill in the rest of their outlines and write a main story!
I'm hoping to write at least a few lore stories this year. I finally finished all my dragons, (genes/looks/bio templates), now I just need to fill in the rest of their outlines and write a main story!
It seems somebody's keeping up with username changes, unless the forums work differently now...? I changed my un last week and didn't really tell any pinglists, but I got notified for this anyway.

In any case, this came at the perfect time. I'm about to change flights but before I can do that I need to build up my Shadow clan! I'll write about Mabufudyne's meeting Cezan, and just general info about the Alicio.
It seems somebody's keeping up with username changes, unless the forums work differently now...? I changed my un last week and didn't really tell any pinglists, but I got notified for this anyway.

In any case, this came at the perfect time. I'm about to change flights but before I can do that I need to build up my Shadow clan! I'll write about Mabufudyne's meeting Cezan, and just general info about the Alicio.
dhay-->Alicio-->Charioteer

Please ping me! I don't subscribe to my posts.
@After Welcome back! And just when I am getting back into writing, too. I'll be alternating between updating bios and writing clan lore.
@After Welcome back! And just when I am getting back into writing, too. I'll be alternating between updating bios and writing clan lore.
WHMtZEo.gif
G L I T T E R D U S T E D
FR time +0 | Insomniac
@Alicio - Hah, I've been caught. XD Since it's been a while, I did run through the list before posting to try and catch any changes (they link directly to userpages so name changing doesn't affect them), and did in fact catch yours and update it accordingly. I try to do that every few LWDs or so since I don't want people to not get pinged by accident if they forget to let me know, ahah.

*squints* Is that a Persona/SMT reference I spot...?
@Alicio - Hah, I've been caught. XD Since it's been a while, I did run through the list before posting to try and catch any changes (they link directly to userpages so name changing doesn't affect them), and did in fact catch yours and update it accordingly. I try to do that every few LWDs or so since I don't want people to not get pinged by accident if they forget to let me know, ahah.

*squints* Is that a Persona/SMT reference I spot...?
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
Oh man I'm really gonna try to do LWD this year XD

On the topic of years as regards FR lore, are there any specific ways dragons keep years? Are there different names for months/days? I mean we're canonically in the Fourth Age (right???)...man I'm overthinking this but I have a sudden need to know
Oh man I'm really gonna try to do LWD this year XD

On the topic of years as regards FR lore, are there any specific ways dragons keep years? Are there different names for months/days? I mean we're canonically in the Fourth Age (right???)...man I'm overthinking this but I have a sudden need to know
j7ZC7VS.png
8CoOsOh.png
x6UYTjO.png
Hellooooo Lore Whining Peeps! 8D

I'm a newbie, joined in October ^^ (Also can I be added to the pinglist pls pls pls? ) and I am so glad this thread is still alive, or.. brought back to life, as the case may be? *offers zombie thread cookies to avoid brains being eaten* Good thread, nice thread, I need my brain for lore, thank you. X3

Anyways, it's the 4th! WOO! and I already need a vent XD ^^;

I discovered Lore and Breeding Projects and ahehe I made the mistake of y'know, NOT writing anything down before hand c.c; whooooops... so I'm having to stay in two or three places at once in my mind while I figure things out.
  1. My 'In the Beginning' Lore, I was given so many cool dragons, hatched so many nests, and gave so many dragons away to other that... I don't remember who came in when or how (Hatchling? Adult? Aaah I wish there was a 'changed user' log on these Dragons T-T ) so I'm having to gloss over things which might be important? O.o Oh boy...
  2. My Legacy of War Lore - The Lore potential was too strong ^^;; but I find dragons 'grow up' too quickly, site-wise, and I'm having to make up that they're years and years old O.o Technically my NotN babies came in under one of the Legacy of War generations but... if they've been there for years, NotN shouldn't be a 'what the what?!' Moment? T-T;
  3. relating to my Legacy of War, because the potential was TOO GOOD, I've had to 'kick out' a dragon and now I'm trying to figure out what he's up to in the meantime c.c;; Ooh boy.

So these are my 'whining' topics for today, trying to figure all of THAT *eyes the list* out into some kind of story that makes sense. x.x I hope everyone else's Lore Projects are going better then mine are today :3
Hellooooo Lore Whining Peeps! 8D

I'm a newbie, joined in October ^^ (Also can I be added to the pinglist pls pls pls? ) and I am so glad this thread is still alive, or.. brought back to life, as the case may be? *offers zombie thread cookies to avoid brains being eaten* Good thread, nice thread, I need my brain for lore, thank you. X3

Anyways, it's the 4th! WOO! and I already need a vent XD ^^;

I discovered Lore and Breeding Projects and ahehe I made the mistake of y'know, NOT writing anything down before hand c.c; whooooops... so I'm having to stay in two or three places at once in my mind while I figure things out.
  1. My 'In the Beginning' Lore, I was given so many cool dragons, hatched so many nests, and gave so many dragons away to other that... I don't remember who came in when or how (Hatchling? Adult? Aaah I wish there was a 'changed user' log on these Dragons T-T ) so I'm having to gloss over things which might be important? O.o Oh boy...
  2. My Legacy of War Lore - The Lore potential was too strong ^^;; but I find dragons 'grow up' too quickly, site-wise, and I'm having to make up that they're years and years old O.o Technically my NotN babies came in under one of the Legacy of War generations but... if they've been there for years, NotN shouldn't be a 'what the what?!' Moment? T-T;
  3. relating to my Legacy of War, because the potential was TOO GOOD, I've had to 'kick out' a dragon and now I'm trying to figure out what he's up to in the meantime c.c;; Ooh boy.

So these are my 'whining' topics for today, trying to figure all of THAT *eyes the list* out into some kind of story that makes sense. x.x I hope everyone else's Lore Projects are going better then mine are today :3
Night Nest Lore:
Stardust and Shadows

Legacy of War:
Dark of the Moon
Personal Quest/Challenge Post
Wishlist
FR Time +3
jL05xXK.pngEIw1Jyf.pngW5laU7r.pngMvzKp2Q.png2zNIzzC.pngUgBZCaa.png76ghDnx.pngk4ybm3R.pngimage.png
Okay, so since I'm a little disorganized frick, instead of writing events and stories as they happen, I now write them as I please. Sometimes now I'll pick an event from "future", sometimes from "past", but eh, it's better than getting bored and dumping the lore all together.

So today I actually wrote something yippeee.
Oh, and currently I'm re-working on my lair for it to be more disco/digital-y, so I also decided to add FR derg image edits, so that's another butt-load of work for me, but again eh

okay, maybe I'll be back after some time because I suddenly want to write, but we'll see

Does lore from not FR count? Because I have a butt-load to whine about my non-derg story I'm working on too...
Okay, so since I'm a little disorganized frick, instead of writing events and stories as they happen, I now write them as I please. Sometimes now I'll pick an event from "future", sometimes from "past", but eh, it's better than getting bored and dumping the lore all together.

So today I actually wrote something yippeee.
Oh, and currently I'm re-working on my lair for it to be more disco/digital-y, so I also decided to add FR derg image edits, so that's another butt-load of work for me, but again eh

okay, maybe I'll be back after some time because I suddenly want to write, but we'll see

Does lore from not FR count? Because I have a butt-load to whine about my non-derg story I'm working on too...
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
As this looks like is back to moving, I would like to be added to the Pinglist is possible. Thank you!

I have some lore ideas for at least 6 of my dragons, but would like to use the whole year to have all of them lored. My first idea is to be grouping them in packs of four, and that four dragons sharing their lore, but not sure if this will work with all of them, so I will have to look better at how I see my boys.
As this looks like is back to moving, I would like to be added to the Pinglist is possible. Thank you!

I have some lore ideas for at least 6 of my dragons, but would like to use the whole year to have all of them lored. My first idea is to be grouping them in packs of four, and that four dragons sharing their lore, but not sure if this will work with all of them, so I will have to look better at how I see my boys.
f9Gp3JF.png
Yay! I’m hyped!
Yay! I’m hyped!
xPlkKnY.png
AAAGH. I need this type of thread right now! >:C
So, I only have a handful of dergs right now because I wanted to start over my lair/clan theme. So I'll save up gems/treasure, buy a dragon I know I won't regret having, then take the next week or so to spend the rest of my money on clothing them. I then write some hearty lore. So I'm trying to make my derg purchases more mindful and fleshed-out, instead of just constant impulse buying.

Well, I got three new babs in the last couple weeks and I'm too intimidated by the work ahead of me to write their lore. I just want to sit down and crunch it all out, but whenever I think "I have THREE PAGES TO WRITE" (because of the three dergs), I just get so overwhelmed. You can see, if you visit my lair, the three I mean. Niri, Elymn, and Dahlia. Note that I have the rough concept I'm going for down, in images and quotes. I just feel too intimidated to begin.

I've finished the other dergs' lore (the ones not for sale. Corcra, Leictreacha, and Cheops. Cheops is a personal favorite of mine!) so I know I CAN do it. I just keep giving myself too much work in writing the lore itself. It used to be a brief job description. Then I moved on to in-depth appearance descriptions. Then I decided "hey, why don't I mention their favorite food?". Then I added a familiar-bond section! MAKE IT STOP. *Sob*
AAAGH. I need this type of thread right now! >:C
So, I only have a handful of dergs right now because I wanted to start over my lair/clan theme. So I'll save up gems/treasure, buy a dragon I know I won't regret having, then take the next week or so to spend the rest of my money on clothing them. I then write some hearty lore. So I'm trying to make my derg purchases more mindful and fleshed-out, instead of just constant impulse buying.

Well, I got three new babs in the last couple weeks and I'm too intimidated by the work ahead of me to write their lore. I just want to sit down and crunch it all out, but whenever I think "I have THREE PAGES TO WRITE" (because of the three dergs), I just get so overwhelmed. You can see, if you visit my lair, the three I mean. Niri, Elymn, and Dahlia. Note that I have the rough concept I'm going for down, in images and quotes. I just feel too intimidated to begin.

I've finished the other dergs' lore (the ones not for sale. Corcra, Leictreacha, and Cheops. Cheops is a personal favorite of mine!) so I know I CAN do it. I just keep giving myself too much work in writing the lore itself. It used to be a brief job description. Then I moved on to in-depth appearance descriptions. Then I decided "hey, why don't I mention their favorite food?". Then I added a familiar-bond section! MAKE IT STOP. *Sob*
swirly_divider_by_snowbellss-db6zlag.pnglight_potion_by_planet_spatulon-daiwulj.gifswirly_divider_flipped_by_snowbellss-db6zojy.png
Just doing a bit of Light alchemy...
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 280 281