Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 280 281
Okay fiiiiine, I GUESS I'll write some dragon lore between writing my fanfic and Netflix.
Okay fiiiiine, I GUESS I'll write some dragon lore between writing my fanfic and Netflix.
teRaSHFw_o.pngeuDTIgez_o.png
I've already started on some basic lore for my founder ! I may not get a lot done today due to being severely unmotivated and tired but i will try !
I've already started on some basic lore for my founder ! I may not get a lot done today due to being severely unmotivated and tired but i will try !
x6tELKc.png
feed the stone
@Birdskull - Done!

@canisVirus - Would it help if you tried writing lore for those dragons in another derg's bio for now as a placeholder? That way you can just copy and paste it once you get your dragons back. That's what I do sometimes when I'm inspired to work on a planned dragon I haven't actually obtained yet.

Also, I checked out your hatchery and saw some dragons listed for 2kT? That's incredibly low; below the base exalt price, I'm pretty sure? If you have to price them that low, you may as well chuck them on the AH for fodder so you can get at least 7kT, or level+exalt for more. Basic is not your friend when it comes to hatcheries, I'm afraid; very, very few people buy such dragons. :/
@Birdskull - Done!

@canisVirus - Would it help if you tried writing lore for those dragons in another derg's bio for now as a placeholder? That way you can just copy and paste it once you get your dragons back. That's what I do sometimes when I'm inspired to work on a planned dragon I haven't actually obtained yet.

Also, I checked out your hatchery and saw some dragons listed for 2kT? That's incredibly low; below the base exalt price, I'm pretty sure? If you have to price them that low, you may as well chuck them on the AH for fodder so you can get at least 7kT, or level+exalt for more. Basic is not your friend when it comes to hatcheries, I'm afraid; very, very few people buy such dragons. :/
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
@Peachycupcake525 - Sure thing, welcome aboard! :D

To toss around a couple ideas, are they alone, or do they have a mentor of some sort? If they travel, maybe they've learned things from dragons (or others) they've interacted with along the way? If they have a familiar, maybe it's one that speaks common Draconic (or can effectively communicate another way) and has taught them a thing or two? Maybe they're learning by example, or by trial and error?

As for why their parents aren't around, maybe they're exaltees serving their deity in some way? Maybe their work has taken them elsewhere, and/or maybe the child got separated from them somehow? Perhaps kidnapping is involved, or some sort of accident?
@Peachycupcake525 - Sure thing, welcome aboard! :D

To toss around a couple ideas, are they alone, or do they have a mentor of some sort? If they travel, maybe they've learned things from dragons (or others) they've interacted with along the way? If they have a familiar, maybe it's one that speaks common Draconic (or can effectively communicate another way) and has taught them a thing or two? Maybe they're learning by example, or by trial and error?

As for why their parents aren't around, maybe they're exaltees serving their deity in some way? Maybe their work has taken them elsewhere, and/or maybe the child got separated from them somehow? Perhaps kidnapping is involved, or some sort of accident?
yellow flag icon linking to After's Lair Directory
After
They/them

< Lair Directory
Sig Spotlight >
Coliseum banner showing After's avatar dragon, a steel blue and black Spiral.Coliseum banner showing a black and red Coatl.
Coliseum banner showing a Wildclaw with flames and a soot-covered face.Coliseum banner showing a black and beige Skydancer.
I made a lore thread... a bad lore thread. At least it exists now, and I have a place to record the dragons I exalt.

I have a few perma-dragons I need to write bios for, and Jessica's bio is still horribly incomplete. Maybe after lunch. I also have a bunch of hatchlings I don't know what to do with. Keep? Sell? I have a character idea, but no idea which of my FOUR baby female Tundra dragons to use it on.
I made a lore thread... a bad lore thread. At least it exists now, and I have a place to record the dragons I exalt.

I have a few perma-dragons I need to write bios for, and Jessica's bio is still horribly incomplete. Maybe after lunch. I also have a bunch of hatchlings I don't know what to do with. Keep? Sell? I have a character idea, but no idea which of my FOUR baby female Tundra dragons to use it on.
je1KGwo.png
My saints have been made! ...their appearances, that is. ;; I hoped that seeing them would help me decide what they'd be like, how they died, etc. Why are martyrs so difficult to write?

And then of course I started writing a post about territories near my clan lair. At least that's mostly done, but it's basically just haphazard brainstorming. Nothing solid yet. ;-;

Edit: forgot to say! I did write a bit more for Vardan's story. =D Almost finished with the next scene too. lol
My saints have been made! ...their appearances, that is. ;; I hoped that seeing them would help me decide what they'd be like, how they died, etc. Why are martyrs so difficult to write?

And then of course I started writing a post about territories near my clan lair. At least that's mostly done, but it's basically just haphazard brainstorming. Nothing solid yet. ;-;

Edit: forgot to say! I did write a bit more for Vardan's story. =D Almost finished with the next scene too. lol
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
Despite my busy, busy life, I did manage to do something. I'm organising all my lore dragons and their characteristics in a google docs folder - a document for each dragon and an overview spreadsheet. As I'm recording them I'm also adding to their traits and clan roles! It's also helps to back up their bios in case i Heck Up and delete everything, as I recently did with Talos' scatter history D:

It's not much, but it's something! I'll write a little more tomorrow when I have more time.
Despite my busy, busy life, I did manage to do something. I'm organising all my lore dragons and their characteristics in a google docs folder - a document for each dragon and an overview spreadsheet. As I'm recording them I'm also adding to their traits and clan roles! It's also helps to back up their bios in case i Heck Up and delete everything, as I recently did with Talos' scatter history D:

It's not much, but it's something! I'll write a little more tomorrow when I have more time.
WS4dI9K.png k9EUmvc.png remus
they/xe
fr +9
So far it's been a fairly productive lore day! I'm working on a story for Bergamot, one of my first FR dragons! After I make some more headway with that I might format some bios since a lot of them need updating.

Also, I decided on a whim that one of my newest gen 1 projects is going to be in charge of the library archives. Her name, fittingly, is Lore. ^^
So far it's been a fairly productive lore day! I'm working on a story for Bergamot, one of my first FR dragons! After I make some more headway with that I might format some bios since a lot of them need updating.

Also, I decided on a whim that one of my newest gen 1 projects is going to be in charge of the library archives. Her name, fittingly, is Lore. ^^

Dw9BXE3.png
image.png flmLUZu.png
The Saints are done! I've got it all written down here. I actually started writing a lot for Anqika and ended up saving that version elsewhere and going with a simple one so the post didn't get too long, but I might write separate versions for each saint later.
The Saints are done! I've got it all written down here. I actually started writing a lot for Anqika and ended up saving that version elsewhere and going with a simple one so the post didn't get too long, but I might write separate versions for each saint later.
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
10 pm here and I'm finally sitting down to write some lore. I'm gonna try and get out the 6 minimum paragraphs I need to get this lore done tonight, and most likely fail miserably.
10 pm here and I'm finally sitting down to write some lore. I'm gonna try and get out the 6 minimum paragraphs I need to get this lore done tonight, and most likely fail miserably.

I have a great weakness for plants, good stories, and dragons.
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 280 281