Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [DOM] PvW: Special Serial Story!
1 2 3 4 5 6
Aaaaaa <3
Aaaaaa <3
Compass.gif
Incredible. I'm so subscribing to this.
Incredible. I'm so subscribing to this.
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
dear plaguemama yES
dear plaguemama yES
E27J5Sp.png
J7D1quC.png
Zs4VhSn.pngbOjW1AX.png
UYR6vpC.pngHJLIYn4.png
3db916195a6b500e95d8fb9723ce4a95c285a701.gif
Really nicely written, and funny as well! Can't wait tomorrow for another log.
Really nicely written, and funny as well! Can't wait tomorrow for another log.
order27_zpsuzatfofw.png fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.pngFR +3
fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.pngshe/her
fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.pngWishlist
@fibs

Thanks!
@fibs

Thanks!
FR +12
[center][size=5][b]Ship’s Log: Second Entry[/b][/size][/center] [b]The next time the mysterious phenomenon of the live viewing via fake-wood-glass-box occurs,[/b] you are trying to keep the clanmate who actually owns the contraption from confiscating it ‘for your own sake.’ They are quite concerned by your fiercely defensive objections to this and are in the process of wresting it from your bare claws when the box’s back hums, vibrantly pink, and the glass flickers familiarly with light. “Quick,” you say urgently to your clanmate. “Put it down, get ready!” Very surprised, your clanmate sets it down and, after a brief moment of hesitation, arranges themself on the spot you have impatiently tapped next to your own comfortable sprawl. They just barely finish arranging their tail when the flickering light clears, revealing First Mate Solace. “That’s the first mate,” you hiss to your clanmate. “See how she’s in a submersible?” [i]“This is First Mate Solace, reporting in from the submersible[/i] Patooter,” the fae drones. [i]“Captain Adama has been restrained for my safety, but I assure you that the interpretations of the prophecies we have captured are representative of his opinion as well as mine, and have actually been solicited.”[/i] Right on cue, there is a muffled whistle from somewhere outside of the image. First Mate Solace does not react outwardly (apart from briefly flattening her crests), but you stifle a snicker. “Last time, the Captain stuffed her in a sack,” you explain to the dragon next to you. “He doesn’t really hear her at all, because he’s a coatl.” [i]“Like yesterday, we found four prophecies total,”[/i] First Mate Solace begins. [i]“Here is the first.”[/i] As before, the image went black, then lit up again with the contents of the prophecy bubble. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/IY6zj8w.png[/img] [size=2]Created by @zonemod![/size][/center] “Is that… Tomo?” your clanmate asks, incredulously. “It looks like it,” you respond, squinting for a better look at the third dragon in the image. “Is that anyone we know?” Your clanmate snaps their claws. “Of course! That’s [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=111137&tab=dragon&did=9485822]Winter[/url]. We met them that one time, with the party and the gathering for crafting.” You hiss in comprehension just as First Mate Solace reappears on screen, so you quickly quiet down to hear what the interpretations are. [i]“Captain Adama’s interpretation in summation is: [/i]‘She’s an idiot too… hey, what are you doing with that rope?’” You and your clanmate giggle. [i]“I have a differing interpretation, however. I feel this is a vision of a real event; we all know how forgetful Tomo is. I also believe it to be a poignant reminder of the effects of hardship and traumatic experiences in one’s life, both of which can cause loss or lack of memory. I do not personally know what Mistress Tomo’s situation is, but such an eloquent Snapper is not merely stupid.”[/i] You feel your ears drooping in embarrassment. A furtive glance towards your company leads to a brief moment of shared shame and some coughing to disguise any squeaks of chagrin. [i]“The next prophecy was captured by chance,”[/i] First Mate Solace droned, interrupting the moment. [i]“It is as follows:”[/i] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Llxhuq0.png[/img] [size=2]Created by @oneiir![/size][/center] “Are you seeing the breeches, too, or is that just me?” your clanmate whispers to you, puzzled. “Yes?” you reply, just as confused. Why would a pair of mirrors fighting over trousers be a prophecy? [i]“Neither the Captain nor I can come up with any plausible hidden meaning in this prophecy,”[/i] First Mate Solace says, though the image is still that of the prophecy. [i]“Captain Adama simply rolled his eyes and refused to speak, though I gave him the opportunity to do so, and my best guess is that we are seeing the moment when two mirrors decide to use breeches as a toy instead of clothing.”[/i] “You said this was serious,” your companion grumbles at you. You shush them, irritated. A new image is now visible. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/1Aflr1n.png[/img] [size=2]Created by @Triibu![/size][/center] [i]“This appears to be a tribute to friendship,”[/i] the First Mate’s voice informs them. [i]“However, it also appears to equate service to the deities with friendship. There is a particular appeal towards Plague Flight Members, with the Plaguebringer’s desolate expression and body language and the insinuation that She needs a friend. Were I inclined to give up earthly delights, I would be tempted to follow the call.”[/i] At this point, the image switches back to the fae, who rapidly flutters her crest and indicates the fine Sylvan dress and the ornate pearly wing drape she wears. “I think that’s the faes’ way of expressing sarcasm,” you mutter to your clanmate, who is looking bemused. “Oh! It’s a joke?” [i]“The last prophecy recovered is fairly humorous...”[/i] the First Mate drones, and the image changes once again. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/U8obIpg.gif[/img] [size=2]Created by @fibs![/size][/center] [i]“...as I’ve always found it incredibly paradoxical that Ridgebacks are both afraid of water and yet so picky that they will only eat seafood.”[/i] You and your clanmate burst out laughing. The image flickers to an end, leaving First Mate Solace once more the center of the screen. Your companion shoots out a claw in shock. “What’s that?” they ask, horrified. [center][img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/5150036de5614cd8a2832a6b7a4efd13.png[/img] [size=2]Fanart drawn by @fibs![/size][/center] You blink and can’t keep from grinning once you see it. “It’s Captain Adama,” you say, watching gleefully. He’s wrapped so completely in rope that it is only his determined inchworming moving him across the submersible’s deck behind the First Mate. There is a bright pink bandana tied tightly around his muzzle, doubtlessly acting as a gag. “He threw things at her the very first time they showed up on this box.” [i]“...which concludes this televised report,”[/i] the First Mate concludes-- you’d spoken over what she’d said before that, and now your clanmate is giving you a dirty look. [i]“Good night, and good luck!”[/i] [center]~*~*~*~*~ [b]To be continued![/b] Thanks for reading-- see you all tomorrow![/center]
Ship’s Log: Second Entry

The next time the mysterious phenomenon of the live viewing via fake-wood-glass-box occurs, you are trying to keep the clanmate who actually owns the contraption from confiscating it ‘for your own sake.’ They are quite concerned by your fiercely defensive objections to this and are in the process of wresting it from your bare claws when the box’s back hums, vibrantly pink, and the glass flickers familiarly with light.

“Quick,” you say urgently to your clanmate. “Put it down, get ready!”

Very surprised, your clanmate sets it down and, after a brief moment of hesitation, arranges themself on the spot you have impatiently tapped next to your own comfortable sprawl. They just barely finish arranging their tail when the flickering light clears, revealing First Mate Solace.

“That’s the first mate,” you hiss to your clanmate. “See how she’s in a submersible?”

“This is First Mate Solace, reporting in from the submersible Patooter,” the fae drones. “Captain Adama has been restrained for my safety, but I assure you that the interpretations of the prophecies we have captured are representative of his opinion as well as mine, and have actually been solicited.”

Right on cue, there is a muffled whistle from somewhere outside of the image.

First Mate Solace does not react outwardly (apart from briefly flattening her crests), but you stifle a snicker. “Last time, the Captain stuffed her in a sack,” you explain to the dragon next to you. “He doesn’t really hear her at all, because he’s a coatl.”

“Like yesterday, we found four prophecies total,” First Mate Solace begins. “Here is the first.”

As before, the image went black, then lit up again with the contents of the prophecy bubble.

IY6zj8w.png
Created by @zonemod!

“Is that… Tomo?” your clanmate asks, incredulously.

“It looks like it,” you respond, squinting for a better look at the third dragon in the image. “Is that anyone we know?”

Your clanmate snaps their claws. “Of course! That’s Winter. We met them that one time, with the party and the gathering for crafting.”

You hiss in comprehension just as First Mate Solace reappears on screen, so you quickly quiet down to hear what the interpretations are.

“Captain Adama’s interpretation in summation is: ‘She’s an idiot too… hey, what are you doing with that rope?’”

You and your clanmate giggle.

“I have a differing interpretation, however. I feel this is a vision of a real event; we all know how forgetful Tomo is. I also believe it to be a poignant reminder of the effects of hardship and traumatic experiences in one’s life, both of which can cause loss or lack of memory. I do not personally know what Mistress Tomo’s situation is, but such an eloquent Snapper is not merely stupid.”

You feel your ears drooping in embarrassment. A furtive glance towards your company leads to a brief moment of shared shame and some coughing to disguise any squeaks of chagrin.

“The next prophecy was captured by chance,” First Mate Solace droned, interrupting the moment. “It is as follows:”

Llxhuq0.png
Created by @oneiir!

“Are you seeing the breeches, too, or is that just me?” your clanmate whispers to you, puzzled.

“Yes?” you reply, just as confused. Why would a pair of mirrors fighting over trousers be a prophecy?

“Neither the Captain nor I can come up with any plausible hidden meaning in this prophecy,” First Mate Solace says, though the image is still that of the prophecy. “Captain Adama simply rolled his eyes and refused to speak, though I gave him the opportunity to do so, and my best guess is that we are seeing the moment when two mirrors decide to use breeches as a toy instead of clothing.”

“You said this was serious,” your companion grumbles at you. You shush them, irritated.

A new image is now visible.

1Aflr1n.png
Created by @Triibu!

“This appears to be a tribute to friendship,” the First Mate’s voice informs them. “However, it also appears to equate service to the deities with friendship. There is a particular appeal towards Plague Flight Members, with the Plaguebringer’s desolate expression and body language and the insinuation that She needs a friend. Were I inclined to give up earthly delights, I would be tempted to follow the call.”

At this point, the image switches back to the fae, who rapidly flutters her crest and indicates the fine Sylvan dress and the ornate pearly wing drape she wears.

“I think that’s the faes’ way of expressing sarcasm,” you mutter to your clanmate, who is looking bemused.

“Oh! It’s a joke?”

“The last prophecy recovered is fairly humorous...” the First Mate drones, and the image changes once again.

U8obIpg.gif
Created by @fibs!

“...as I’ve always found it incredibly paradoxical that Ridgebacks are both afraid of water and yet so picky that they will only eat seafood.”

You and your clanmate burst out laughing.

The image flickers to an end, leaving First Mate Solace once more the center of the screen.

Your companion shoots out a claw in shock. “What’s that?” they ask, horrified.

5150036de5614cd8a2832a6b7a4efd13.png
Fanart drawn by @fibs!

You blink and can’t keep from grinning once you see it. “It’s Captain Adama,” you say, watching gleefully. He’s wrapped so completely in rope that it is only his determined inchworming moving him across the submersible’s deck behind the First Mate. There is a bright pink bandana tied tightly around his muzzle, doubtlessly acting as a gag. “He threw things at her the very first time they showed up on this box.”

“...which concludes this televised report,” the First Mate concludes-- you’d spoken over what she’d said before that, and now your clanmate is giving you a dirty look. “Good night, and good luck!”

~*~*~*~*~

To be continued! Thanks for reading-- see you all tomorrow!
Compass.gif
TOO GOOD @BilbroSwaggins Could I be pinged when a new log is posted? ;^;
TOO GOOD @BilbroSwaggins Could I be pinged when a new log is posted? ;^;
SXqaLwu.png

she/her
FR + 8/9
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxart shop
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxg1 sales
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxprofile dragon

@Fantelle You sure can! I'll make sure you're pinged tomorrow :)
@Fantelle You sure can! I'll make sure you're pinged tomorrow :)
Compass.gif
@BilbroSwaggins

Add me to the pinglist, please. This is cool.
@BilbroSwaggins

Add me to the pinglist, please. This is cool.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
@mnkn10 Will do!
@mnkn10 Will do!
Compass.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6