Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Ice Flight Hub] About Ice
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hello! I've been here since August, so I'm not exactly that new, but I've been considering a Flight change for my birthday in a few months. As an incredibly indecisive person, I want to start asking around early. As someone that is very into lore, what kind of lore examples are there about ice dragons and the Southern Icefield? If anyone could show me some Ice lore, I would really appreciate it.
Hello! I've been here since August, so I'm not exactly that new, but I've been considering a Flight change for my birthday in a few months. As an incredibly indecisive person, I want to start asking around early. As someone that is very into lore, what kind of lore examples are there about ice dragons and the Southern Icefield? If anyone could show me some Ice lore, I would really appreciate it.
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
@RingsofSaturn

There's so much ice lore I don't even know where to begin. Much of it is based directly on the environment of ice and snow and the Southern Icefield is canonly a prison where dragons can be frozen in ice. Despite the stereotype of ice dragons being cold and unfriendly, many clans actually seem to focus on hospitality, often it seems in the sense of helping each other out to survive and thrive in the harsh environment.

Pinging @Salamanderpie because they run the lore hub so they probably have a better idea of the different kinds of lore people have.

You could probably also check out some of the Ice subspecies since I know a lot of subspecies have lore surrounding them: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1665183/1
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1771018
@RingsofSaturn

There's so much ice lore I don't even know where to begin. Much of it is based directly on the environment of ice and snow and the Southern Icefield is canonly a prison where dragons can be frozen in ice. Despite the stereotype of ice dragons being cold and unfriendly, many clans actually seem to focus on hospitality, often it seems in the sense of helping each other out to survive and thrive in the harsh environment.

Pinging @Salamanderpie because they run the lore hub so they probably have a better idea of the different kinds of lore people have.

You could probably also check out some of the Ice subspecies since I know a lot of subspecies have lore surrounding them: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/1665183/1
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1771018
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
@RingofSaturn

I know lore is very important to some people here on the website and they follow it to a strict T. For me, I sort of just go with the flow, making up a bit of lore on my own. So, I'd rather have someone who is a bit more into the canon lore explain that.

I can talk about the community. I haven't been inside other flights before, but I do know that Ice is probably one of the warmest communities out there. We cry because Icepop ignores us, yet we understand because he is a warden of a prison, after all. We take in anyone with open arms, blankets, hot chocolate, and soft kittens. We'd never give you the cold shoulder.

It would be snow nice to have you join us. We just go with the floe here and would love to just chill with you. :)
@RingofSaturn

I know lore is very important to some people here on the website and they follow it to a strict T. For me, I sort of just go with the flow, making up a bit of lore on my own. So, I'd rather have someone who is a bit more into the canon lore explain that.

I can talk about the community. I haven't been inside other flights before, but I do know that Ice is probably one of the warmest communities out there. We cry because Icepop ignores us, yet we understand because he is a warden of a prison, after all. We take in anyone with open arms, blankets, hot chocolate, and soft kittens. We'd never give you the cold shoulder.

It would be snow nice to have you join us. We just go with the floe here and would love to just chill with you. :)
k8WfPzK.png nfbFqx1.png qkA2LvD.png FR+3 | Ice Flight | G1s for Sale
Always accepting art for Axel.
@RingsofSaturn The Icefields lends itself to very interesting interpretations! As qwigoqwaga said, I run something called the Lore Hub which is currently functioning as a Lore Lair archive. Some people have cute, "Santa's Workshop" kind of lore- they hand out hot cocoa to wanderers. Some people have taken advantage of the climate and have very survivalist lore. Plaguelike, but usually fewer pools of acidlike bacteria. :D Here are a few people's lore that I would recommend reading: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=125019]Skychickens[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1835607]The Clan of The Lost Wolves[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1988803]Clan Valhall[/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2004345/1]The IceShard Flock[/url] Here's a screenshot of one of the segments of the Lore Hub: [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/E9Jp9eF.png[/img][/center]
@RingsofSaturn The Icefields lends itself to very interesting interpretations! As qwigoqwaga said, I run something called the Lore Hub which is currently functioning as a Lore Lair archive.

Some people have cute, "Santa's Workshop" kind of lore- they hand out hot cocoa to wanderers. Some people have taken advantage of the climate and have very survivalist lore. Plaguelike, but usually fewer pools of acidlike bacteria. :D

Here are a few people's lore that I would recommend reading:
Skychickens
The Clan of The Lost Wolves
Clan Valhall
The IceShard Flock

Here's a screenshot of one of the segments of the Lore Hub:
E9Jp9eF.png
At2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.pngAt2OOoC.png
@Salamanderpie
Thank you very much, this was very helpful, and I love the example Clans that you showed! (Skychicken's was great because of the emporer involvement- I think the Shade is a very interesting concept to explore, dark FR lore is quite intriguing!) That map is absolutely beautiful, too!

@KitKatJoe
As a lover of puns and warm communities alike, thank you giving me this cool insight into the Ice Flight community, it seems so nice! I'm sorry the puns just make me so happy.

@qwigoqwaga
Oooh, those Ice subspecies are just so beautiful! I can't pick my favorites but I think that Yeti and Frozen Lake are some of my top picks. :) I love subspecies lore, good to know that ice has a strong subspecies involvement!

I think my 1st Flight Rising-Anniversary (Flightversary?)is a good time to Flight change. I am definitely leaning towards Ice because its aesthetic is 1000000/10 but I am also considering Light and Lightning. I'll have to wait until August 18th, but it leaves more time for the anticipation and lore-rewriting to build! Thanks everyone! :D
@Salamanderpie
Thank you very much, this was very helpful, and I love the example Clans that you showed! (Skychicken's was great because of the emporer involvement- I think the Shade is a very interesting concept to explore, dark FR lore is quite intriguing!) That map is absolutely beautiful, too!

@KitKatJoe
As a lover of puns and warm communities alike, thank you giving me this cool insight into the Ice Flight community, it seems so nice! I'm sorry the puns just make me so happy.

@qwigoqwaga
Oooh, those Ice subspecies are just so beautiful! I can't pick my favorites but I think that Yeti and Frozen Lake are some of my top picks. :) I love subspecies lore, good to know that ice has a strong subspecies involvement!

I think my 1st Flight Rising-Anniversary (Flightversary?)is a good time to Flight change. I am definitely leaning towards Ice because its aesthetic is 1000000/10 but I am also considering Light and Lightning. I'll have to wait until August 18th, but it leaves more time for the anticipation and lore-rewriting to build! Thanks everyone! :D
dZt4vS2.gifnMkuik2.gifQmM334w.pngaNZoV0I.png
RingsofSaturn
WIP Lore
•Arcane Flight
•FR +3
•They/she
Thanks for your help everyone. :) [img]http://i.imgur.com/5ZzJ6KA.gif[/img]
Thanks for your help everyone. :)

5ZzJ6KA.gif
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
I've just come back to FR after being gone for two years and I've been wanting to switch flights. I was thinking about joining Ice since I love the aesthetic and lore and CATS and especially because I want to help for the upcoming push! However, I did just donate a lot of my dragons to the nature and shadow push atm aand I also signed up to help for lair space for Light in their Festival of Light until the 18th. ;o; Is that going to be a problem? I've never participated in a dom push before so any info would be great!

I also did have a quick question about subspecies, though! How are they created/picked/etc? Are people able to suggest ideas? C:

Thanks!!
I've just come back to FR after being gone for two years and I've been wanting to switch flights. I was thinking about joining Ice since I love the aesthetic and lore and CATS and especially because I want to help for the upcoming push! However, I did just donate a lot of my dragons to the nature and shadow push atm aand I also signed up to help for lair space for Light in their Festival of Light until the 18th. ;o; Is that going to be a problem? I've never participated in a dom push before so any info would be great!

I also did have a quick question about subspecies, though! How are they created/picked/etc? Are people able to suggest ideas? C:

Thanks!!
foddart.pngpublic_buy__raffle.pnggrab_bags.png
@bearly

Hey there friend! I'm actually back in Ice so I might be able to help.

So first off, I wanna say that if you mean the 18th push for us with Icemas, don't worry! We have our Gala (or Gla) push in January as well if you would want to try to help with that. We have a lot of fun events that sadly I shouldn't probably go into details with. But all the help would be quite welcome!

We also have super neat Dom Hub and Newbie Dom Hub threads in our forums that can help you tons in figuring out Dom in Ice flight. And the fact a lot of us (myself included) are into it, we can always discuss it with you if you have questions.

As for Ice Subspecies, basically they're made by Ice Flight members! I created the Rock Ptarmigan subspecies for instance. Anyone can suggest one, but you are required to made a google spreadsheet for it, with information (i.e. colors, breeds, genes, lore, habitat, etc!) and then our Cryo Center (the Hub for Subspecies) will look over it, give suggestions and help edit, and approve it or not. Generally things do get approved though.

Hope that clears things up!
@bearly

Hey there friend! I'm actually back in Ice so I might be able to help.

So first off, I wanna say that if you mean the 18th push for us with Icemas, don't worry! We have our Gala (or Gla) push in January as well if you would want to try to help with that. We have a lot of fun events that sadly I shouldn't probably go into details with. But all the help would be quite welcome!

We also have super neat Dom Hub and Newbie Dom Hub threads in our forums that can help you tons in figuring out Dom in Ice flight. And the fact a lot of us (myself included) are into it, we can always discuss it with you if you have questions.

As for Ice Subspecies, basically they're made by Ice Flight members! I created the Rock Ptarmigan subspecies for instance. Anyone can suggest one, but you are required to made a google spreadsheet for it, with information (i.e. colors, breeds, genes, lore, habitat, etc!) and then our Cryo Center (the Hub for Subspecies) will look over it, give suggestions and help edit, and approve it or not. Generally things do get approved though.

Hope that clears things up!
8MJ4dyU.png
JmVDqSj.png
Retired from Arcane Dom
FRT + 3
Arcane Newbies
Arcane Dom Hub
Arcane Dom 101
It's Caesar
Call me Julius!
Coli Builds 2.0
Arcane Baldwin
Hatchery
@GrecianZephyrus That does!! Thanks so much for taking the time~ C: I'll probably be switching over very very soon!
@GrecianZephyrus That does!! Thanks so much for taking the time~ C: I'll probably be switching over very very soon!
foddart.pngpublic_buy__raffle.pnggrab_bags.png
@bearly it's not a problem at all if you are holding dragons for light. (or sending in dragons to other flights this week). (just make sure that any dragons you are boarding for light wind up back in light hands as arranged).

There are several ways you can help out next week and for most if not all of them you will be able to jump in whenever you change flights. You can dive in next week as much as you are able to (everyone in ice understands it's a busy time of the season and we are just planning on having fun and aiming for placement for NoTN gathering turns).

Subspecies can be proposed by anyone in ice. The process involves setting up a thread, coming up with the breeding ranges and genes, having some really basic lore (there are people in ice who are willing to discuss lore if all you have idea wise is a pretty cool idea or if you aren't sure how to best make a dragon look like a penguin). A subspecies is official once there is at least one breeding pair that reliably breeds the offspring.

Ice has an active discord and we are busy planning for gala in January as well.

@bearly it's not a problem at all if you are holding dragons for light. (or sending in dragons to other flights this week). (just make sure that any dragons you are boarding for light wind up back in light hands as arranged).

There are several ways you can help out next week and for most if not all of them you will be able to jump in whenever you change flights. You can dive in next week as much as you are able to (everyone in ice understands it's a busy time of the season and we are just planning on having fun and aiming for placement for NoTN gathering turns).

Subspecies can be proposed by anyone in ice. The process involves setting up a thread, coming up with the breeding ranges and genes, having some really basic lore (there are people in ice who are willing to discuss lore if all you have idea wise is a pretty cool idea or if you aren't sure how to best make a dragon look like a penguin). A subspecies is official once there is at least one breeding pair that reliably breeds the offspring.

Ice has an active discord and we are busy planning for gala in January as well.

1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13