Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Which flight are you in?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Although I initially would have joined Ice, I instead joined Lightning because it absolutely stole my heart, for a lot of personal reasons.

I adore the aesthetic - it gives me very modernistic vibes, with a focus on technological and scientific progress, and its look and feel makes me draw a lot of parallels to New York - somewhere very close to my heart that I consider my true "home" - the presence of skyscrapers (the spires), all glass and concrete (the various metals that give these spires form), and probably the biggest contributor to why I see the Shifting Expanse that way is how I see the Lightning Flight in general. Clans in the region are often seen as employees under a singular, all-encompassing boss, with lairs functioning as offices, and mechanics such as exalting being seen as interns going in to work with that boss.

Also, Stormcatcher himself. No matter what, I've always seen him as an imposing, angry boss who shouts at his employees all the time and overworks them because he adheres religiously to the policy "time is money". Then again, I just really like angry bosses.

All in all, the theme is perfect, the aesthetic is perfect, the idea is perfect, the eyes are perfect, everything is absolutely perfect. It really does feel like home, and that's why I refuse to move. I might vacation to Ice or Plague in the future, but I'll no doubt feel homesick after just a week.
Although I initially would have joined Ice, I instead joined Lightning because it absolutely stole my heart, for a lot of personal reasons.

I adore the aesthetic - it gives me very modernistic vibes, with a focus on technological and scientific progress, and its look and feel makes me draw a lot of parallels to New York - somewhere very close to my heart that I consider my true "home" - the presence of skyscrapers (the spires), all glass and concrete (the various metals that give these spires form), and probably the biggest contributor to why I see the Shifting Expanse that way is how I see the Lightning Flight in general. Clans in the region are often seen as employees under a singular, all-encompassing boss, with lairs functioning as offices, and mechanics such as exalting being seen as interns going in to work with that boss.

Also, Stormcatcher himself. No matter what, I've always seen him as an imposing, angry boss who shouts at his employees all the time and overworks them because he adheres religiously to the policy "time is money". Then again, I just really like angry bosses.

All in all, the theme is perfect, the aesthetic is perfect, the idea is perfect, the eyes are perfect, everything is absolutely perfect. It really does feel like home, and that's why I refuse to move. I might vacation to Ice or Plague in the future, but I'll no doubt feel homesick after just a week.
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
@Cheeba
Well I started in Earth, and they're a fabulous, lovely group of people - if you ever want a break from Winds constantly-moving-so-many-people-holy-cow, I would recommend it. Everyone is always there for each other, and you learn everyones (user)names really quickly.

I, for one, really enjoy massiveness and have boundless energy, so I to switched to Arcane. They're super fun, excitable, and we have a marching band! Who doesn't love marching band? It suits with the lore I wanted way more than Earth did, and while I do love Poprock, the glitter and rainbows and explosions aesthetic in arcane is infectious, and I don't think I'm ever going to leave <3
@Cheeba
Well I started in Earth, and they're a fabulous, lovely group of people - if you ever want a break from Winds constantly-moving-so-many-people-holy-cow, I would recommend it. Everyone is always there for each other, and you learn everyones (user)names really quickly.

I, for one, really enjoy massiveness and have boundless energy, so I to switched to Arcane. They're super fun, excitable, and we have a marching band! Who doesn't love marching band? It suits with the lore I wanted way more than Earth did, and while I do love Poprock, the glitter and rainbows and explosions aesthetic in arcane is infectious, and I don't think I'm ever going to leave <3
vellichor_custom_v2.png
I joined Arcane because the second I saw it and read the description I knew it was the best fit for me. I like it here, it's nice, though lately I've been considering switching to a different flight. If we had two free flight changes instead of just one I would definitely take vacation to a different flight and switch back if I didn't like it.
I joined Arcane because the second I saw it and read the description I knew it was the best fit for me. I like it here, it's nice, though lately I've been considering switching to a different flight. If we had two free flight changes instead of just one I would definitely take vacation to a different flight and switch back if I didn't like it.
A28Svy9.png . sand .
she/her
FR + 0

light_2.png
bi
twenties

4oO1RBo.png
i joined lightning because shouty bossdad is my favorite deity, the eyes were cool, and i love the weird science aesthetic. it's pretty nice here, and i don't really plan on changing flights anytime soon. that said, if i ever took a vacation it'd probably be to either plague or light.
i joined lightning because shouty bossdad is my favorite deity, the eyes were cool, and i love the weird science aesthetic. it's pretty nice here, and i don't really plan on changing flights anytime soon. that said, if i ever took a vacation it'd probably be to either plague or light.

So which flight did you join?
Ice

Why?
Mostly because of the eyes. The lore too, on grounds of I really like writing characters that fit that aesthetic.

Do you like it there?
Very much, even if it does sometimes get a little stifling sometimes because of dom

Are you considering switching flights?
I sometimes wonder what it would be like in a faster-paced flight, or one a bit more artistic like Wind. Then I decide I really don't want to leave Ice...I have put so much work into it and I really don't want to start over. It's such a great community in there and I can be anything I want and still be accepted. It really is nice.

Have you switched flights before? If so, why?
Nope. I have been in Ice since day one.

Ice

Why?
Mostly because of the eyes. The lore too, on grounds of I really like writing characters that fit that aesthetic.

Do you like it there?
Very much, even if it does sometimes get a little stifling sometimes because of dom

I sometimes wonder what it would be like in a faster-paced flight, or one a bit more artistic like Wind. Then I decide I really don't want to leave Ice...I have put so much work into it and I really don't want to start over. It's such a great community in there and I can be anything I want and still be accepted. It really is nice.

Nope. I have been in Ice since day one.
lik2pA1X.jpg

Earth!

Why?
I LOVE rocks = Earthdad. that was really the whole reasoning behind it

Do you like it there?
Yes! Earth is great the community is so nice and friendly!

I would love to take a vacation to somewhere like lightning (because SCIENCE and those eyes!) but I don't think I could be away from earth for more than a couple weeks, let alone 6 months, so it probs won't happen

Earth!

Why?
I LOVE rocks = Earthdad. that was really the whole reasoning behind it

Do you like it there?
Yes! Earth is great the community is so nice and friendly!

I would love to take a vacation to somewhere like lightning (because SCIENCE and those eyes!) but I don't think I could be away from earth for more than a couple weeks, let alone 6 months, so it probs won't happen
tumblr_o15k54yZfb1sk2f1lo1_r1_500.png
I've started in Shadow and I'm still in Shadow. I joined because of the aesthetic; I'm all about darkness and night. And gothic stuff. I hesitated with Plague because I like their aesthetic too, except for the competitive/dominance part (red eyes rule though, and their subspecies are great).

And Shadow are really nice and fun. So I'm happy here ^^
I've started in Shadow and I'm still in Shadow. I joined because of the aesthetic; I'm all about darkness and night. And gothic stuff. I hesitated with Plague because I like their aesthetic too, except for the competitive/dominance part (red eyes rule though, and their subspecies are great).

And Shadow are really nice and fun. So I'm happy here ^^
eUMhm7B.png
So which flight did you join? Water
Why? I've always had a deep connection to water outside of the game, so it made the most sense to me.
Do you like it there? Definitely. Water Flight is full of lovely people and I'm devoted to our wonderful Tidedad.
Are you considering switching flights? Nope, Water Flight til the end. I even plan on getting the Flight symbol tattooed on my arm (once I have the spare cash to do so).
Have you switched flights before? If so, why? No, and I seriously doubt I ever will.
So which flight did you join? Water
Why? I've always had a deep connection to water outside of the game, so it made the most sense to me.
Do you like it there? Definitely. Water Flight is full of lovely people and I'm devoted to our wonderful Tidedad.
Are you considering switching flights? Nope, Water Flight til the end. I even plan on getting the Flight symbol tattooed on my arm (once I have the spare cash to do so).
Have you switched flights before? If so, why? No, and I seriously doubt I ever will.
tysharina_quicksilverchild_fr_by_tysharina-d8tcy3k.png
So which flight did you join? Nature originally, Wind at the moment.

Why? Nature because I'm a gigantic hippie who loves plants. Wind because it's fun and relaxed and I enjoy the lore and aesthetic.

Do you like it there? Very much!

Are you considering switching flights? / Have you switched flights before? If so, why? Combining these two! When I joined, Nature, Wind, and Arcane all pinged with me. I joined Nature and still consider it to be my 'home' flight, but last year I got a bit of wanderlust and decided to go on vacation. I just spent six months in Arcane, and just switched over (like, a week ago) into Wind. Once my time there is up, I'll either go home to Nature, or do another six months in Water, another flight I like the lore/aesthetic for.
So which flight did you join? Nature originally, Wind at the moment.

Why? Nature because I'm a gigantic hippie who loves plants. Wind because it's fun and relaxed and I enjoy the lore and aesthetic.

Do you like it there? Very much!

Are you considering switching flights? / Have you switched flights before? If so, why? Combining these two! When I joined, Nature, Wind, and Arcane all pinged with me. I joined Nature and still consider it to be my 'home' flight, but last year I got a bit of wanderlust and decided to go on vacation. I just spent six months in Arcane, and just switched over (like, a week ago) into Wind. Once my time there is up, I'll either go home to Nature, or do another six months in Water, another flight I like the lore/aesthetic for.
DiZLrc5.png MUYNhfy.png
7A7cEAI.png
nmHdjnM.png
FObX7rS.png
DxCICZ1.png
YMPbu9R.png
which flight did you join?
Lightning

Why?
I chose lightning mainly because of the location, but I also love the bright blue eyes. I wanted to join a flight whose territory was set in a desert type region for the pure reason that I wanted my lair to be fandom based and the setting in that world is all desert.

Do you like it there?
Yeah, lightning is a great flight, although I do feel the flight forum is a little slow.

Nope.

Nope, I've been in Lightning from the day I joined.
which flight did you join?
Lightning

Why?
I chose lightning mainly because of the location, but I also love the bright blue eyes. I wanted to join a flight whose territory was set in a desert type region for the pure reason that I wanted my lair to be fandom based and the setting in that world is all desert.

Do you like it there?
Yeah, lightning is a great flight, although I do feel the flight forum is a little slow.

Nope.

Nope, I've been in Lightning from the day I joined.
forumsig7_by_adder_snake_bite-d9p3buh.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7