Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How to write a bio?
1 2
@Vangandr

Aww, thank you! Would you like me to help you with your coding? It's pretty easy to pick up.
@Vangandr

Aww, thank you! Would you like me to help you with your coding? It's pretty easy to pick up.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
sis-kee-yoo
she/her
FR +19
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
@frozenpumpkin
That would be really kind XD
@frozenpumpkin
That would be really kind XD
@squidragon What a neat way of writing bios! I really love the idea of dividing the bio between their ages. I might have to try that for my next dragon - although oftentimes I don't buy dragons as hatchlings, or else they are just turning to adults when I get them!

@Vangandr With my bios, I try to start with either the dragon's personality and their role in the Clan (sometimes these are linked together, as their personality made them a great choice for a certain role - Descant and Oshkana come to mind) or else I have a scene or specific event in their lives that seems like a good place to start. With my more recently acquired dragons and the bios I wrote for them, I take a look at their parents, their birth Clan and their Flight to see what sort of inspiration I can gleam from that - what their childhood in another Clan was like before they arrived in my Clan. Why did they leave their Clan, why did they join mine, etc. Not all of my dragon bios are written in the same way, some are in first person recounting a specific event, others are more general third-person, so it gives some flexibility and variety.
I hope this helps! ^.^
@squidragon What a neat way of writing bios! I really love the idea of dividing the bio between their ages. I might have to try that for my next dragon - although oftentimes I don't buy dragons as hatchlings, or else they are just turning to adults when I get them!

@Vangandr With my bios, I try to start with either the dragon's personality and their role in the Clan (sometimes these are linked together, as their personality made them a great choice for a certain role - Descant and Oshkana come to mind) or else I have a scene or specific event in their lives that seems like a good place to start. With my more recently acquired dragons and the bios I wrote for them, I take a look at their parents, their birth Clan and their Flight to see what sort of inspiration I can gleam from that - what their childhood in another Clan was like before they arrived in my Clan. Why did they leave their Clan, why did they join mine, etc. Not all of my dragon bios are written in the same way, some are in first person recounting a specific event, others are more general third-person, so it gives some flexibility and variety.
I hope this helps! ^.^
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax Thank you! I'm a gen one only lair (except for the few gen twos who are children of my gen ones), so all my dragons are born in the clan. It made the most sense to me to divide it up so that they would grow and change as dragons as they aged :)
@clarax Thank you! I'm a gen one only lair (except for the few gen twos who are children of my gen ones), so all my dragons are born in the clan. It made the most sense to me to divide it up so that they would grow and change as dragons as they aged :)
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@Vangandr You don't have to write in english just because the site is in english--I don't think you should have to limit yourself if you are much more comfortable writing in german. Maybe write the detailed bio/story in german and put a short summary in english at the end for people who can't understand german (and are too lazy to google translate it)?
@Vangandr You don't have to write in english just because the site is in english--I don't think you should have to limit yourself if you are much more comfortable writing in german. Maybe write the detailed bio/story in german and put a short summary in english at the end for people who can't understand german (and are too lazy to google translate it)?
@cinnamonspirits

I could never do that tbh XD because that would result in writting two bios XD and I am not really limiting myself in such an extreme way ^^
And please, please never google translate anything (besides english - german works better than many other languages XD).
And I have already finished :3
@cinnamonspirits

I could never do that tbh XD because that would result in writting two bios XD and I am not really limiting myself in such an extreme way ^^
And please, please never google translate anything (besides english - german works better than many other languages XD).
And I have already finished :3
@Vagandr

I found a really awesome guide, if you want a link to it: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1469922

It mostly helps with lore, but can be useful for bios as well.
@Vagandr

I found a really awesome guide, if you want a link to it: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1469922

It mostly helps with lore, but can be useful for bios as well.
@Vagandr Re: your bio, a few things to make it smoother. "For as long as she [could] remember[,] Treble wanted to be a warrior, a real warrior[,] not like her siblings that thought dressing up a bit or serving a d[ei]ty would be honourable.
But what is so adequately about hiding behing clothing or serving an unknown d[ei]ty?

In her opinion it ha[d] nothing to do with honour or even something similar[,] it was pure cowardice.

Grown up as a little troublemaker[,] she tried to escape her home[,] not just one time[,] [but over and over,] and one day she was successesful. Without any real destination she walked through all kinds of landscape until she met her best friend and lover[,] Haz[,] who promised her to train her until she [was] a real warrior.

If you ask somebody to d[e]scribe her, her friends would say: “She is a good protector, who would die for all of her friends[,]” “A really strong woman knowing what she wants and knowing that she can get it[,]” [w]hile her enimies and begrudger [rivals] would tell you: “Full of hate and sarcasm[,]” “Just an antisocial existence[,]” “Without any patien[ce] and love[,]”

[However,[ you cant be sure how she really is without trying to get to know her[,] [even though] t[h]at is truly a hard thing[:] to gain her respect and even more her full trust[.]
@Vagandr Re: your bio, a few things to make it smoother. "For as long as she [could] remember[,] Treble wanted to be a warrior, a real warrior[,] not like her siblings that thought dressing up a bit or serving a d[ei]ty would be honourable.
But what is so adequately about hiding behing clothing or serving an unknown d[ei]ty?

In her opinion it ha[d] nothing to do with honour or even something similar[,] it was pure cowardice.

Grown up as a little troublemaker[,] she tried to escape her home[,] not just one time[,] [but over and over,] and one day she was successesful. Without any real destination she walked through all kinds of landscape until she met her best friend and lover[,] Haz[,] who promised her to train her until she [was] a real warrior.

If you ask somebody to d[e]scribe her, her friends would say: “She is a good protector, who would die for all of her friends[,]” “A really strong woman knowing what she wants and knowing that she can get it[,]” [w]hile her enimies and begrudger [rivals] would tell you: “Full of hate and sarcasm[,]” “Just an antisocial existence[,]” “Without any patien[ce] and love[,]”

[However,[ you cant be sure how she really is without trying to get to know her[,] [even though] t[h]at is truly a hard thing[:] to gain her respect and even more her full trust[.]
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
I usually divide my bios into three parts: history, personality/abilities/skills, and current situation (how they get along with people at the clan, what their job is, whether they've changed in temperament since their arrival, etc etc). I find that to be the simplest way of looking at it. Hope that helps. c:
I usually divide my bios into three parts: history, personality/abilities/skills, and current situation (how they get along with people at the clan, what their job is, whether they've changed in temperament since their arrival, etc etc). I find that to be the simplest way of looking at it. Hope that helps. c:
** UK: FR time +8 **
WFLfm9v.giffcB95fc.gifIqKV10c.gif
@vangandr This might help? http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1334185 Also, inspiration- [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/197921/19792072_350.png[/img] And [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/172279/17227881_350.png[/img]
@vangandr
This might help?
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1334185

Also, inspiration-
19792072_350.png
And
17227881_350.png
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif