Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Resource] Dragon Description Templates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56
Hey, you!

Do you like having pretty descriptions on your dragons' page? Love dolling up their bios with the items they collect, links to their mate, and pretty adoptables you've bought? Well, sure, who doesn't!

If you don't have enough BBCode know-how to build layouts from scratch (or simply don't want to put up with the headaches), then this is the place to stop! I've put together a few simple layouts that you can copy and paste into your dragons' descriptions, then add their bios and customize them to your liking.

(And if you're one of the folks who's got the skill and the inclination to supply layouts, then definitely feel free to contribute a layout or two as well!)

Please honour the layout makers who request credit and/or don't want their code altered. If using art/adoptables commissioned from artists, please honour whatever policies they have in place about credit/linking.

Layouts:

Beloved Basics Bamboo Falls
  • Made by Snapdragon
  • No credit required, modifying okay
  • Code | Preview
Fire and Ice
  • Made by Snapdragon
  • Code | Preview
Ecks Layout 1 Ecks Layout 2
  • Made by ecks
  • Code | Preview
Ecks Layout 3
  • Made by ecks
  • Code | Preview
Painted Blue Arcanist
  • Made by heypercy
  • Code | Preview
Aura
  • Made by heypercy
  • Code | Preview
Ripple Simple Serthis Simple Straif's Layout Hisako's Layout Kriten's Layout Rexi's Layout Rexi's Layout 2
  • Made by Rexi
  • Credit not required, modifying okay
  • Code | Preview
Ariehenix's Layout
Hey, you!

Do you like having pretty descriptions on your dragons' page? Love dolling up their bios with the items they collect, links to their mate, and pretty adoptables you've bought? Well, sure, who doesn't!

If you don't have enough BBCode know-how to build layouts from scratch (or simply don't want to put up with the headaches), then this is the place to stop! I've put together a few simple layouts that you can copy and paste into your dragons' descriptions, then add their bios and customize them to your liking.

(And if you're one of the folks who's got the skill and the inclination to supply layouts, then definitely feel free to contribute a layout or two as well!)

Please honour the layout makers who request credit and/or don't want their code altered. If using art/adoptables commissioned from artists, please honour whatever policies they have in place about credit/linking.

Layouts:

Beloved Basics Bamboo Falls
  • Made by Snapdragon
  • Code | Preview
Fire and Ice
  • Made by Snapdragon
  • Code | Preview
Ecks Layout 1 Ecks Layout 2
  • Made by ecks
  • Code | Preview
Ecks Layout 3
  • Made by ecks
  • Code | Preview
Painted Blue Arcanist
  • Made by heypercy
  • Code | Preview
Aura
  • Made by heypercy
  • Code | Preview
Ripple Simple Serthis Simple Straif's Layout Hisako's Layout Kriten's Layout Rexi's Layout Rexi's Layout 2
  • Made by Rexi
  • Credit not required, modifying okay
  • Code | Preview
Ariehenix's Layout
tumblr_inline_nivxf8CWLK1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkfCrBM1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkp0yfH1rwdj8f.gif
Tips and Resources:

Modifying layout code:
FR image resources:
How to use FR images:
  • Items and familiars - Right-click, select "Copy image URL," paste*
  • Dragons - Click the "Generate Code" button on the dragon's page, copy the part in the img tags, paste
  • Avatars - Right-click, select "Copy image URL," paste, delete the ? and everything following
* On the forums, you can use special BBCode to directly insert a skin or item so that its tooltip appears on mouseover. This doesn't work correctly in descriptions -- while the writer will see them display properly, others who view the profile will only see the BBCode text.

Image hosts:
How to Contribute:
If you'd like to supply a layout for people to use: great! Thank you! Here's what to do:
  • Please ping me so I know to add it to the first post.
  • Please state whether you would like to be credited (if yes, it helps to include it in the code somewhere) and if you're okay with people modifying your layout.
  • Please link to a pastebin containing your layout template. (Pastebin serves as a way to post all the code without stretching the forums or accidentally displaying the code.)
  • If you want to include an image of the layout to use as a preview/sample, that's appreciated. If not, then I can do that part myself.
Tips and Resources:

Modifying layout code:
FR image resources:
How to use FR images:
  • Items and familiars - Right-click, select "Copy image URL," paste*
  • Dragons - Click the "Generate Code" button on the dragon's page, copy the part in the img tags, paste
  • Avatars - Right-click, select "Copy image URL," paste, delete the ? and everything following
* On the forums, you can use special BBCode to directly insert a skin or item so that its tooltip appears on mouseover. This doesn't work correctly in descriptions -- while the writer will see them display properly, others who view the profile will only see the BBCode text.

Image hosts:
How to Contribute:
If you'd like to supply a layout for people to use: great! Thank you! Here's what to do:
  • Please ping me so I know to add it to the first post.
  • Please state whether you would like to be credited (if yes, it helps to include it in the code somewhere) and if you're okay with people modifying your layout.
  • Please link to a pastebin containing your layout template. (Pastebin serves as a way to post all the code without stretching the forums or accidentally displaying the code.)
  • If you want to include an image of the layout to use as a preview/sample, that's appreciated. If not, then I can do that part myself.
tumblr_inline_nivxf8CWLK1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkfCrBM1rwdj8f.giftumblr_inline_nivvkp0yfH1rwdj8f.gif
Reserved, just in case.
Reserved, just in case.
OK, that should do it!
OK, that should do it!
Super duper quicky ideas. Feel free to use these as springboards for whatever. No credit necessary.

LAYOUT 1

A preview of what it might look like.

LAYOUT 2

LAYOUT 3

As an aside, on another site that limited coding to BBC, I used to use transparent images with different sizes to get around the lack of table width. Something like 1x150 transparent bar to stretch the column.

Have to be careful here not to break things because there's only so much room on dragon bios, but it might work out to someone's advantage.
Super duper quicky ideas. Feel free to use these as springboards for whatever. No credit necessary.

LAYOUT 1

LAYOUT 2

LAYOUT 3

As an aside, on another site that limited coding to BBC, I used to use transparent images with different sizes to get around the lack of table width. Something like 1x150 transparent bar to stretch the column.

Have to be careful here not to break things because there's only so much room on dragon bios, but it might work out to someone's advantage.
@ecks Thank you! They look great, and easy to use layouts like that are perfect. Added to the first post.
@ecks Thank you! They look great, and easy to use layouts like that are perfect. Added to the first post.
This is the best :) I might try my hand at a template or two when I get my computer back!
This is the best :) I might try my hand at a template or two when I get my computer back!
Y99ZepA.gif tumblr_inline_o2z815OLVT1qdrhpp_100.png

dont forget to eat sleep
stretch take meds and HYDRATE!! ^^
Jenna | 27 | FR+3
FR Tumblr
kz23hWB.gif
hqOBlzs.gif
@Snapdragon
I'm going to tinker around with yours and see if I like it!
Also you can save images to be transparent if you just save them as pngs
@Snapdragon
I'm going to tinker around with yours and see if I like it!
Also you can save images to be transparent if you just save them as pngs
@Snapdragon Slapped these together! Modifying is fine, and I don't need to be credited c: "Painted Blue" — [url=http://i.imgur.com/KAELPEW.png]Preview[/url] | [url=http://pastebin.com/avBav2J1]Code[/url] "The Arcanist" — [url=http://i.imgur.com/dTxHw0F.png]Preview[/url] | [url=http://pastebin.com/U5Vk4EAH]Code[/url] "Aura" — [url=http://i.imgur.com/Rm2BrI2.png]Preview[/url] | [url=http://pastebin.com/9GmCZkPA]Code[/url] I'd just like to note that not all the images in the preview are included in the code, some of the image brackets have the WxH of the image needed instead, like so — [img]http://i.imgur.com/AGWdG68.png[/img]
@Snapdragon
Slapped these together! Modifying is fine, and I don't need to be credited c:

"Painted Blue" — Preview | Code
"The Arcanist" — Preview | Code
"Aura" — Preview | Code

I'd just like to note that not all the images in the preview are included in the code, some of the image brackets have the WxH of the image needed instead, like so —
AGWdG68.png
marzipan-63907178-by-etheryn.png ... aze ( they / them )
wishlist / sales
@Alternatewarning I gave it a quick test, and it looks like regular right-click saving does preserve transparency too. Thanks for the correction!

@heypercy Thanks so much, those layouts look awesome! Added them to the first post.
@Alternatewarning I gave it a quick test, and it looks like regular right-click saving does preserve transparency too. Thanks for the correction!

@heypercy Thanks so much, those layouts look awesome! Added them to the first post.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 56