Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | necro'd
1 2 3 4 5
@MidnightRein
My personal headcanon is that there is quite a bit of variation among dragon breeds, the same way there is among people. Where fins start and facial shape, brow depth, ect are just things that are different between dragons, the same as weight, length, wingspan, ect. You don't see that variation with our dragons because that would be a pain in the butt to design, and also wouldn't have any real point, but you do see it with the NPCs, and I think that's intentional on FR's part to say "hey, these dragons aren't all exactly the same with different colors. They have their own strengths, weaknesses, and looks". Maybe Tripp and Pipp really are the same age, or Pipp is even older, but she's just not very good at flying yet...

However, more of my headcanon is that both of them are adopted. They deal with that in different ways: Pipp tries really hard to be the perfect daughter and make her father proud (it's why she's looking up towards him, and why she tries to trade the best she can), while Tripp is just acting out and hates everyone because she's struggling to adjust. :)
@MidnightRein
My personal headcanon is that there is quite a bit of variation among dragon breeds, the same way there is among people. Where fins start and facial shape, brow depth, ect are just things that are different between dragons, the same as weight, length, wingspan, ect. You don't see that variation with our dragons because that would be a pain in the butt to design, and also wouldn't have any real point, but you do see it with the NPCs, and I think that's intentional on FR's part to say "hey, these dragons aren't all exactly the same with different colors. They have their own strengths, weaknesses, and looks". Maybe Tripp and Pipp really are the same age, or Pipp is even older, but she's just not very good at flying yet...

However, more of my headcanon is that both of them are adopted. They deal with that in different ways: Pipp tries really hard to be the perfect daughter and make her father proud (it's why she's looking up towards him, and why she tries to trade the best she can), while Tripp is just acting out and hates everyone because she's struggling to adjust. :)
cPW6H3E.png
Maybe the mother was scatter scrolled?
Maybe the mother was scatter scrolled?
He could have two mates. Who said dragons are monogamous? Mine sure aren't. Don't impose your human marriage values on dragons.
He could have two mates. Who said dragons are monogamous? Mine sure aren't. Don't impose your human marriage values on dragons.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
Maybe Swipp is a ladies man and sleep around and has a bazillion kids he doesn't know in far away lands. Tripp and Pipp were the lucky ones and were close enough to know their father.
Maybe Swipp is a ladies man and sleep around and has a bazillion kids he doesn't know in far away lands. Tripp and Pipp were the lucky ones and were close enough to know their father.
tumblr_ndzarciqjc1si697do1_500_by_zalcoti-d9lh63v.png
I love the idea of Tripp having used a scatterscroll and hating her colors but polyamorous Swipp is A+ as well...both?
I love the idea of Tripp having used a scatterscroll and hating her colors but polyamorous Swipp is A+ as well...both?
all of my hoards are located here! // free level twenty-four cauldron!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
[quote name="TheLOAD" date=2015-11-13 19:15:12] He could have two mates. Who said dragons are monogamous? Mine sure aren't. Don't impose your human marriage values on dragons. [/quote]
TheLOAD wrote on 2015-11-13:
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
I'm just going to butt in and say that breaking up + finding a new partner isn't remotely the same as having "multiple partners". I can't believe this hasn't been suggested after 4 pages of speculation xD

Swipp might have had at least 2 mates in his lifetime, but that doesn't mean he had them both at the same time.
I'm just going to butt in and say that breaking up + finding a new partner isn't remotely the same as having "multiple partners". I can't believe this hasn't been suggested after 4 pages of speculation xD

Swipp might have had at least 2 mates in his lifetime, but that doesn't mean he had them both at the same time.
I think Tripp scattered herself until she looked emo.
I think Tripp scattered herself until she looked emo.
66MHIIb.png
Dragons are not people, so they can have multiple partners and do not care etc.

Also I think dragons can have slight color variations.
Dragons are not people, so they can have multiple partners and do not care etc.

Also I think dragons can have slight color variations.
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
Swipp, Tripp and Pipp are probably my favourite dragons down at the trading post (well, them and Scribbles!) so I've been doing a LOT of research into them (I know, sad right xD) and I totally agree with the fact that dragon partnerships aren't like human partnerships. Who cares how many mates Swipp has? Not dragons, that's for sure! I also like the idea that Tripp may not be completely happy with this and that's why she's grumpy. I think it's funny! However, they seem to view each other as a family so I think overall they're happy with Swipp's choice of mateS. (Emphasis on the s at the end of mates.) My evidence to support this, Tripp's latest deal; [quote]Pipp's way too excited about the family business... She should be selling this White and Gold Flair Scarf, not me! Anyway, you give me the items on the right and 2000 and I promise you that I'll maybe stop whining so much.[/quote] May I just say something about Tripp's colours and genes? I've been in the morpholodgy lab (?) for a while now and I think Tripp has a gene that makes her belly lighter than her primary colour-underbelly-and I believe it is coloured pearl, cream or even possibly maize. I'm still trying to find a primary colour that seems legit to her but I think her tertiary colour may be blackberry, shadow or mulberry. For her primary colour, I think blush and cottoncandy are the closest to her primary colour so far. So, Tipp's genes and colours may be this, but I'm not sure: Primary: Basic // Cottoncandy or Blush Secondary: Basic // Shadow, Blackberry or Mulberry Tertiary: Underbelly // Pearl, Cream or Maize
Swipp, Tripp and Pipp are probably my favourite dragons down at the trading post (well, them and Scribbles!) so I've been doing a LOT of research into them (I know, sad right xD) and I totally agree with the fact that dragon partnerships aren't like human partnerships. Who cares how many mates Swipp has? Not dragons, that's for sure!
I also like the idea that Tripp may not be completely happy with this and that's why she's grumpy. I think it's funny!
However, they seem to view each other as a family so I think overall they're happy with Swipp's choice of mateS. (Emphasis on the s at the end of mates.) My evidence to support this, Tripp's latest deal;
Quote:
Pipp's way too excited about the family business... She should be selling this White and Gold Flair Scarf, not me! Anyway, you give me the items on the right and 2000 and I promise you that I'll maybe stop whining so much.

May I just say something about Tripp's colours and genes?
I've been in the morpholodgy lab (?) for a while now and I think Tripp has a gene that makes her belly lighter than her primary colour-underbelly-and I believe it is coloured pearl, cream or even possibly maize.
I'm still trying to find a primary colour that seems legit to her but I think her tertiary colour may be blackberry, shadow or mulberry.

For her primary colour, I think blush and cottoncandy are the closest to her primary colour so far.
So, Tipp's genes and colours may be this, but I'm not sure:

Primary: Basic // Cottoncandy or Blush
Secondary: Basic // Shadow, Blackberry or Mulberry
Tertiary: Underbelly // Pearl, Cream or Maize
bHeX9bv.png
1 2 3 4 5