Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Puberty
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 194 195
[quote name="Butzefrau" date=2015-05-06 11:56:44] Young snappers sleeping in. Really sleeping in. Honestly, don't expect them at school again until they're grown up. They're just sleeping through their growth spurts. When they wake up, they have to get used to a whole new body and wonder why everything seems smaller and why they're so gosh-darned hungry. [/quote] @Butzefrau But... [quote=Encyclopedia]These dragons are nomadic, methodically following ancient, looping paths known only to their clan across the featureless plains. A snapper [b]does not sleep[/b] and rarely stops moving.[/quote] Did you mean that they have that one long nap before they never sleep again? Otherwise I think sleeping though puberty actually sounds more like a spiral thing. [quote=Encyclopedia]It is said that spirals possess only two states of being: unconscious, and full tilt.[/quote] Spirals are so definitely that student that's either sleeping in the classroom with drool out of their mouth [b]or[/b] throwing torn-off bits of their eraser all over the classroom and trying to make conversation with whatever classmate is closest - and [b]still[/b] manage to ace every test without anyone quite understanding [b]how[/b].
Butzefrau wrote on 2015-05-06:
Young snappers sleeping in. Really sleeping in. Honestly, don't expect them at school again until they're grown up. They're just sleeping through their growth spurts. When they wake up, they have to get used to a whole new body and wonder why everything seems smaller and why they're so gosh-darned hungry.
@Butzefrau
But...
Encyclopedia wrote:
These dragons are nomadic, methodically following ancient, looping paths known only to their clan across the featureless plains. A snapper does not sleep and rarely stops moving.

Did you mean that they have that one long nap before they never sleep again?
Otherwise I think sleeping though puberty actually sounds more like a spiral thing.
Encyclopedia wrote:
It is said that spirals possess only two states of being: unconscious, and full tilt.

Spirals are so definitely that student that's either sleeping in the classroom with drool out of their mouth or throwing torn-off bits of their eraser all over the classroom and trying to make conversation with whatever classmate is closest - and still manage to ace every test without anyone quite understanding how.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
@Aryllia I guess I was thinking of snappers as being like the Earthshaker, who naps for...what, /years/ at a time? I bet Mirrors sleep a lot as they grow, too. And let's not forget Nocs. They just sleep during daylight, of course.
@Aryllia I guess I was thinking of snappers as being like the Earthshaker, who naps for...what, /years/ at a time? I bet Mirrors sleep a lot as they grow, too. And let's not forget Nocs. They just sleep during daylight, of course.
Returning after a long hiatus, a lot has changed!
Please be patient while I get used to things again :)
[quote name="Aryllia" date=2015-05-07 11:40:31] Spirals are so definitely that student that's either sleeping in the classroom with drool out of their mouth [b]or[/b] throwing torn-off bits of their eraser all over the classroom and trying to make conversation with whatever classmate is closest - and [b]still[/b] manage to ace every test without anyone quite understanding [b]how[/b]. [/quote] I can totally see this!
Aryllia wrote on 2015-05-07:
Spirals are so definitely that student that's either sleeping in the classroom with drool out of their mouth or throwing torn-off bits of their eraser all over the classroom and trying to make conversation with whatever classmate is closest - and still manage to ace every test without anyone quite understanding how.

I can totally see this!
djME0U2.gif
[quote name="Zephyria" date=2015-05-06 19:57:25] gembond dragons have permanent pimples. Dragon pimples are hardcore that way. [/quote] "I have a [i]condition [/i]guys. Knock it off." Gembond is only cool when it's a nice color that compliments the dragon. Imagine some poor dragon with an lemon tert having gemobond. Circuit on the other hand, is in high demand and teen dragons will paint them on themselves, with mixed results(esp. from ones that don't know their tert's color because it's lacking a tert gene).
Zephyria wrote on 2015-05-06:
gembond dragons have permanent pimples. Dragon pimples are hardcore that way.

"I have a condition guys. Knock it off."

Gembond is only cool when it's a nice color that compliments the dragon. Imagine some poor dragon with an lemon tert having gemobond.

Circuit on the other hand, is in high demand and teen dragons will paint them on themselves, with mixed results(esp. from ones that don't know their tert's color because it's lacking a tert gene).
What about the exalted hatchlings growing up. The gods will have to deal with that
What about the exalted hatchlings growing up. The gods will have to deal with that
tumblr_olkx7k1gjk1w18p86o1_r1_250.png+10 hours FR time
Skydancers would take dance classes.

Pearlcatchers have a spiritual awakening about their pearl.

Ridgebacks are overconfident in their tunneling abilities.

Imperials tell ghost stories about Emperors.

Nocturnes are confident in their ability to fly and they want to travel far from home.

Spirals are into parkour, or climbing where no one has ever climbed before.

Wildclaws try to act like the toughest thing around.

Guardians initially rebel against the idea of finding a charge to protect.

Mirrors want to join the Mirror Army to impress Jimmy from down the road.

Fae are insecure about their size.

Coatls exchange feather fashion tips.

InterFlight competition.
Skydancers would take dance classes.

Pearlcatchers have a spiritual awakening about their pearl.

Ridgebacks are overconfident in their tunneling abilities.

Imperials tell ghost stories about Emperors.

Nocturnes are confident in their ability to fly and they want to travel far from home.

Spirals are into parkour, or climbing where no one has ever climbed before.

Wildclaws try to act like the toughest thing around.

Guardians initially rebel against the idea of finding a charge to protect.

Mirrors want to join the Mirror Army to impress Jimmy from down the road.

Fae are insecure about their size.

Coatls exchange feather fashion tips.

InterFlight competition.
HzGpUHb.png
Ridgebacks in high school starting a borrowers club, in which they will steal erasers and pencils from the front pockets of the other member's backpacks, or from the girl they like, haha.
Ridgebacks in high school starting a borrowers club, in which they will steal erasers and pencils from the front pockets of the other member's backpacks, or from the girl they like, haha.
jIRALXN.png
[quote name="kingofeli" date=2015-05-05 18:46:00] ok but intersex dragons not going through puberty/developing secondary sex characteristics of a different sex and being confused trans dragons taking hormone blockers/scent changers so they smell like a different sex [/quote] @kingofeli Yesss, thank you for this. :D Also: no one realizing that Jimmy is actually Aro and is confused as heck about why everyone acts all weird around him...
kingofeli wrote on 2015-05-05:
ok but
intersex dragons not going through puberty/developing secondary sex characteristics of a different sex and being confused
trans dragons taking hormone blockers/scent changers so they smell like a different sex

@kingofeli Yesss, thank you for this. :D

Also: no one realizing that Jimmy is actually Aro and is confused as heck about why everyone acts all weird around him...
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
[quote name="Sidegrinder" date=2015-05-08 04:03:26] Also: no one realizing that Jimmy is actually Aro and is confused as heck about why everyone acts all weird around him... [/quote] Perfect.
Sidegrinder wrote on 2015-05-08:

Also: no one realizing that Jimmy is actually Aro and is confused as heck about why everyone acts all weird around him...

Perfect.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
[quote name="Sidegrinder" date=2015-05-08 04:03:26] Also: no one realizing that Jimmy is actually Aro and is confused as heck about why everyone acts all weird around him... [/quote] YES.
Sidegrinder wrote on 2015-05-08:

YES.
she/her | GMT-5 | Check out my dragons for sale!

tumblr_inline_o13ntkHqks1ts73zp_540.png xZjCTKj.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 194 195