Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Breeding Cooldown too long -- opinion
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
:c Don't leave. ;-;

I think the breed time is fine for now. This site opened its doors on June 8th. They're still trying to get the servers straight. This is helping them with the server load. ^^ Once they get things running smooth I think they'll look at the times and may knock off a day or two. They may not. But this site will offer more for players once all the bugs are crushed.

I'm trying to level my dragons while I wait. c:

The admins are working hard to get the games back up.
:c Don't leave. ;-;

I think the breed time is fine for now. This site opened its doors on June 8th. They're still trying to get the servers straight. This is helping them with the server load. ^^ Once they get things running smooth I think they'll look at the times and may knock off a day or two. They may not. But this site will offer more for players once all the bugs are crushed.

I'm trying to level my dragons while I wait. c:

The admins are working hard to get the games back up.
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
One last comment here and I'll leave it alone, but will the hatchling prices in the auction house really improve when everyone goes in and sees the current prices to ref off of, and either bumps it up or copies the same amount?

I have a really icky feeling it's not going to go down, I don't even see them going down right now like Wysteria hopes-
One last comment here and I'll leave it alone, but will the hatchling prices in the auction house really improve when everyone goes in and sees the current prices to ref off of, and either bumps it up or copies the same amount?

I have a really icky feeling it's not going to go down, I don't even see them going down right now like Wysteria hopes-
My opinion is, I wouldn't mind a longer breeding cooldown if the initial wait after they become adults wasn't so long. I mean, its just a bit of a bummer to have to wait 2 weeks to see your hatchlings have eggs. id actually be fine with waiting longer on hatching eggs if hatchlings could breed quicker. i don't know why, just a psychological thing i guess. But I also think that the site is kind of boring right now especially for brand new players like myself. I only have 1050 gold, and I have no way to earn it. I have 4 days left on my nest, and two water dragons. I cannot afford familiars, apparel, battle stuff, anything. The coliseum is ridiculously hard with only water dragons. If I could do puzzles to earn treasure, I could buy a couple dragons with more physical elements, then the coliseum would be fun. But until either the faireground opens or my nest hatches, I'm pretty much twiddling my thumbs. Not the admins fault, but it is a little frustrating.
My opinion is, I wouldn't mind a longer breeding cooldown if the initial wait after they become adults wasn't so long. I mean, its just a bit of a bummer to have to wait 2 weeks to see your hatchlings have eggs. id actually be fine with waiting longer on hatching eggs if hatchlings could breed quicker. i don't know why, just a psychological thing i guess. But I also think that the site is kind of boring right now especially for brand new players like myself. I only have 1050 gold, and I have no way to earn it. I have 4 days left on my nest, and two water dragons. I cannot afford familiars, apparel, battle stuff, anything. The coliseum is ridiculously hard with only water dragons. If I could do puzzles to earn treasure, I could buy a couple dragons with more physical elements, then the coliseum would be fun. But until either the faireground opens or my nest hatches, I'm pretty much twiddling my thumbs. Not the admins fault, but it is a little frustrating.
@kireitha

Your comment about them undeserving of the money was extremely rude.

If the cooldown was shorter then the dragon populatiion would grow too rapidly. The cooldown is also there to keep the rarity accurate. If you think breeding is the main aspect of the game then it seems to me that you have not explored the site extensively. You still have the coliseum, games (when they return), dress up, familiar collecting, and achievements to collect. If you don't find the game fun then you should look for a game you find more enjoyable and return when your dragons are ready to be bred. Sorry if I come off as rude myself but I don't know how else to word this.
@kireitha

If the cooldown was shorter then the dragon populatiion would grow too rapidly. The cooldown is also there to keep the rarity accurate. If you think breeding is the main aspect of the game then it seems to me that you have not explored the site extensively. You still have the coliseum, games (when they return), dress up, familiar collecting, and achievements to collect. If you don't find the game fun then you should look for a game you find more enjoyable and return when your dragons are ready to be bred. Sorry if I come off as rude myself but I don't know how else to word this.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.png2kxSxyM3.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
Maybe they could add in some kind of compromise to the hatchling stuff so that there's a buffer in terms of egg clutch size. They already have the 3 day system -3 days of care and you get site perks. Maybe after 5 days (or even 10 days in a breeding cycle) of keeping your dragons super healthy they end up having a higher chance of producing a larger clutch of eggs. (Or at least eliminating the chance of only getting 1. I imagine that can be a little sad to see after all that time waiting.) That way it would encourage people to continue playing daily and remove some of the breeding/egg clutch size frustration. I dunno, just tossing ideas out here.

I do think that the hatchling/dragon population issues will get better with time. I think there are good points on all sides. Maybe there can be some compromises reached? I'm happy with the site as it is now, but I can totally understand everyone's point of view about the breeding time spans.
Maybe they could add in some kind of compromise to the hatchling stuff so that there's a buffer in terms of egg clutch size. They already have the 3 day system -3 days of care and you get site perks. Maybe after 5 days (or even 10 days in a breeding cycle) of keeping your dragons super healthy they end up having a higher chance of producing a larger clutch of eggs. (Or at least eliminating the chance of only getting 1. I imagine that can be a little sad to see after all that time waiting.) That way it would encourage people to continue playing daily and remove some of the breeding/egg clutch size frustration. I dunno, just tossing ideas out here.

I do think that the hatchling/dragon population issues will get better with time. I think there are good points on all sides. Maybe there can be some compromises reached? I'm happy with the site as it is now, but I can totally understand everyone's point of view about the breeding time spans.
[quote name="Interitum" date="2013-06-23 22:01:05" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=4&id=134582#142161"]@kireitha Your comment about them undeserving of the money was extremely rude. [/quote] My intention was not to be rude. Just honest about how I feel. It's a strong opinion, yes, but not necessarily rude. Say you had spent $30 on a meal at a restaurant and did not get what you ordered or expected. Would you then think it is rude to express that it was not worth your money? And I did start this thread prepared to be bashed for it, because I believe SOMEONE has got to bring it up. As I have stated before; there are other ways to increase rarity of dragons. You suggest that I have not explored the site fully; that is not true. I joined one day before this downtime and the removal of games. I therefore have no money with which to dress up and collect familiars. I have been playing the coliseum tonight while watching a tv show. It is an incredibly tedious and long grind. I don't actually think it's fun. The only point of it is to try to find stuff to get money so you can actually start having fun in a month. I also did have a bit of bad luck getting a male progenitor dragon that I thought was incredibly ugly so I exalted him after breeding once and getting a clutch of one egg.
@kireitha

My intention was not to be rude. Just honest about how I feel. It's a strong opinion, yes, but not necessarily rude. Say you had spent $30 on a meal at a restaurant and did not get what you ordered or expected. Would you then think it is rude to express that it was not worth your money? And I did start this thread prepared to be bashed for it, because I believe SOMEONE has got to bring it up.

As I have stated before; there are other ways to increase rarity of dragons. You suggest that I have not explored the site fully; that is not true. I joined one day before this downtime and the removal of games. I therefore have no money with which to dress up and collect familiars. I have been playing the coliseum tonight while watching a tv show. It is an incredibly tedious and long grind. I don't actually think it's fun. The only point of it is to try to find stuff to get money so you can actually start having fun in a month.

I also did have a bit of bad luck getting a male progenitor dragon that I thought was incredibly ugly so I exalted him after breeding once and getting a clutch of one egg.
tumblr_inline_nb2ti8NMAe1qg78ij.pnglight.png
I think it is rather unnecessarily long since at the moment there are few games or ways to repeatedly make money other than breeding. I think they just need to find a better balance for the cooldown
I think it is rather unnecessarily long since at the moment there are few games or ways to repeatedly make money other than breeding. I think they just need to find a better balance for the cooldown
wdn.png
@kireitha
This game's appeal isn't to spam breeding and get all the dragons instantly. If you want that, go play Squiby or something, where you can adopt infinite of everything and grow them easily.
1) You're right, overbreeding would kill the economy.
2) Later on, 15-35 days is nothing. When you have like 10+ pairs, it's easy to cycle, and you'll be wishing you could have more nest spots instead.
3) Instant gratification is no fun.
4) You can do tons of other things on the site.
5) You can obtain more dragons/pairs with so many different ways.
6) Adding the cooldown makes breeding, collecting, and trying to get certain breeds, genes, or color combos challenging, fun, and overall, more gratifying.
7) 40000$ is for an extended sustenance. Only 3500 was for the stuff that they have right now. The extras are for continued updates, new content, and a longer life of the game. As of now, yes, I wouldn't value the site at 40000$, particularly with the stability issues and bugs. But at the same time, they're doing a fantastic job, and I'm sure they'll use the 40 thousand effectively and efficiently.
8) It's a game. This kind of game expects large amounts of invested time/resources.
9) If you spent 10$ for a meal, then spent another 30$ for another serving after, you can't just say that you're getting ripped off because you paid 40$ for the initial thing. It's like getting a little piece at an All-You-Can eat buffet.
10) Besides, if you didn't even donate, or spend money at all for this game, why are you complaining? It's free. It's like criticizing a Costco sample for being to expensive.
11) I understand the fairgrounds being down means it's hard to earn money. But you should still be able to earn some. Gather stuff, sell stuff, get Pinkerton's stuff. Buy stuff off the AH or forums and sell it for more. That's how I got started. I always say, when resources are limited, all you need is to be craftier and resourceful.
12) Well, you exalting off the progenitor isn't really the site's fault. You can still get out of this, but when you only have two dragons and an egg, just saying, exalting the progenitor for a meager 1k or so treasure isn't a smart idea. :\

Edit: While I do agree "Leave if you don't like it," is a bad attitude, but I feel like it's not right to IKEA, eat there, and criticize it for having not the greatest food. IKEA's not meant to just sell food. Or if you get angry at Pokemon for not having the greatest graphics.
@kireitha
This game's appeal isn't to spam breeding and get all the dragons instantly. If you want that, go play Squiby or something, where you can adopt infinite of everything and grow them easily.
1) You're right, overbreeding would kill the economy.
2) Later on, 15-35 days is nothing. When you have like 10+ pairs, it's easy to cycle, and you'll be wishing you could have more nest spots instead.
3) Instant gratification is no fun.
4) You can do tons of other things on the site.
5) You can obtain more dragons/pairs with so many different ways.
6) Adding the cooldown makes breeding, collecting, and trying to get certain breeds, genes, or color combos challenging, fun, and overall, more gratifying.
7) 40000$ is for an extended sustenance. Only 3500 was for the stuff that they have right now. The extras are for continued updates, new content, and a longer life of the game. As of now, yes, I wouldn't value the site at 40000$, particularly with the stability issues and bugs. But at the same time, they're doing a fantastic job, and I'm sure they'll use the 40 thousand effectively and efficiently.
8) It's a game. This kind of game expects large amounts of invested time/resources.
9) If you spent 10$ for a meal, then spent another 30$ for another serving after, you can't just say that you're getting ripped off because you paid 40$ for the initial thing. It's like getting a little piece at an All-You-Can eat buffet.
10) Besides, if you didn't even donate, or spend money at all for this game, why are you complaining? It's free. It's like criticizing a Costco sample for being to expensive.
11) I understand the fairgrounds being down means it's hard to earn money. But you should still be able to earn some. Gather stuff, sell stuff, get Pinkerton's stuff. Buy stuff off the AH or forums and sell it for more. That's how I got started. I always say, when resources are limited, all you need is to be craftier and resourceful.
12) Well, you exalting off the progenitor isn't really the site's fault. You can still get out of this, but when you only have two dragons and an egg, just saying, exalting the progenitor for a meager 1k or so treasure isn't a smart idea. :\

Edit: While I do agree "Leave if you don't like it," is a bad attitude, but I feel like it's not right to IKEA, eat there, and criticize it for having not the greatest food. IKEA's not meant to just sell food. Or if you get angry at Pokemon for not having the greatest graphics.
Please tag me if you want my attention!
Formerly known as "Bobbina"
Recently came back after a long hiatus, so sorry if I'm new to some things
[quote name="kireitha" date="2013-06-23 22:19:16" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=5&id=134582#142339"][quote name="Interitum" date="2013-06-23 22:01:05" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=4&id=134582#142161"]@kireitha Your comment about them undeserving of the money was extremely rude. [/quote] My intention was not to be rude. Just honest about how I feel. It's a strong opinion, yes, but not necessarily rude. Say you had spent $30 on a meal at a restaurant and did not get what you ordered or expected. Would you then think it is rude to express that it was not worth your money? And I did start this thread prepared to be bashed for it, because I believe SOMEONE has got to bring it up. As I have stated before; there are other ways to increase rarity of dragons. You suggest that I have not explored the site fully; that is not true. I joined one day before this downtime and the removal of games. I therefore have no money with which to dress up and collect familiars. I have been playing the coliseum tonight while watching a tv show. It is an incredibly tedious and long grind. I don't actually think it's fun. The only point of it is to try to find stuff to get money so you can actually start having fun in a month. I also did have a bit of bad luck getting a male progenitor dragon that I thought was incredibly ugly so I exalted him after breeding once and getting a clutch of one egg.[/quote] If the customer was able to know completely what he paid for befor they paid then it is their own fault that they did not look into what they paid for. When I donated $40 I knew exactly how the site would be, so that excuse for rudeness is out. And like I said before, if you don't enjoy it find something you will enjoy.
@kireitha

My intention was not to be rude. Just honest about how I feel. It's a strong opinion, yes, but not necessarily rude. Say you had spent $30 on a meal at a restaurant and did not get what you ordered or expected. Would you then think it is rude to express that it was not worth your money? And I did start this thread prepared to be bashed for it, because I believe SOMEONE has got to bring it up.

As I have stated before; there are other ways to increase rarity of dragons. You suggest that I have not explored the site fully; that is not true. I joined one day before this downtime and the removal of games. I therefore have no money with which to dress up and collect familiars. I have been playing the coliseum tonight while watching a tv show. It is an incredibly tedious and long grind. I don't actually think it's fun. The only point of it is to try to find stuff to get money so you can actually start having fun in a month.

I also did have a bit of bad luck getting a male progenitor dragon that I thought was incredibly ugly so I exalted him after breeding once and getting a clutch of one egg.

If the customer was able to know completely what he paid for befor they paid then it is their own fault that they did not look into what they paid for. When I donated $40 I knew exactly how the site would be, so that excuse for rudeness is out. And like I said before, if you don't enjoy it find something you will enjoy.
tumblr_inline_nb17n4oppf1qg78ij.png2kxSxyM3.giftumblr_inline_nb17n9a7r91qg78ij.png
First, I'd like to apologize for how I may have come across before. I realize now I may have sounded rude and/or insulting, and I didn't intend that. :P

@Technicolor

I was actually referring to the original post about the Kickstarter comment, not something you said. That in particular came across as very rude to me, but it may not have been intended that way.

I understand your frustration. Really, I do. I spend the vast majority of my day on a work computer, where I am unable to access either the Coliseum or the Fairgrounds. Thus, I am completely unable to make money/find familiars/level my dragons unless I do so at home, after work, but that's when I have other things to do (The Last Of Us, anyone?).

I understand the concern being expressed here about the game not appealing to casual players. I think the point being missed is that the game isn't geared toward casual players. There are tons and tons and tons of games out there to serve your immediate gratification needs. This simply isn't one of them. No, it isn't explicitly written down anywhere that your focus should be long term, but a 30-day cooldown strongly suggests that you should plan to spend some time here if you hope to reach some of your more lofty goals.

I do agree that some of the forum-goers here are pretty hostile to complainers. I apologize if I came across as one of them. That is a genuine issue that should be addressed. I personally think it stems from the fact that some of them have been invested in this site for so long now, through the Kickstarter and the beta, and the mods have been so forthcoming and gracious, that they feel a kinship with this site that they hate to see challenged. That's just human nature. Doesn't make it any more acceptable, though.

In short, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're right, there may not be anything here right now to appeal to your particular expectations. Perhaps they simply don't match up with the intentions of the site. That isn't meant as a "good riddance" comment, just that perhaps you should mold your goals to fit the site, and not ask that the site be molded to fit your goals. I'm sorry you're unhappy with it. I for one am addicted already, even though I can't access the bulk of it during my free time (which is actually at work, haha, GO ARMY!!).

I know you don't like hearing "just stick it out", but that's all the advice I can give. This site is still a baby. There are TONS and TONS and TONS of things planned; just because the admins haven't announced them yet doesn't mean there's nothing in the works. If you enjoy it here, stay! If not, perhaps there are other games out there to better suit your needs. I suggest you stick around, and just not expect it to play like Neopets or Subeta or whatever right out the gate. Give it time to grow into itself, and I have absolutely no doubt that it will surpass both.

As an aside, I was also a member of a certain equine sim. It was 30 day cooldowns for each mare, AND each mare could only have one foal each month, AND the foals had to wait TWO months before they themselves could breed. And yet I had more horses than I knew what to do with! It really doesn't take long once the economy's really gotten going. :P
First, I'd like to apologize for how I may have come across before. I realize now I may have sounded rude and/or insulting, and I didn't intend that. :P

@Technicolor

I was actually referring to the original post about the Kickstarter comment, not something you said. That in particular came across as very rude to me, but it may not have been intended that way.

I understand your frustration. Really, I do. I spend the vast majority of my day on a work computer, where I am unable to access either the Coliseum or the Fairgrounds. Thus, I am completely unable to make money/find familiars/level my dragons unless I do so at home, after work, but that's when I have other things to do (The Last Of Us, anyone?).

I understand the concern being expressed here about the game not appealing to casual players. I think the point being missed is that the game isn't geared toward casual players. There are tons and tons and tons of games out there to serve your immediate gratification needs. This simply isn't one of them. No, it isn't explicitly written down anywhere that your focus should be long term, but a 30-day cooldown strongly suggests that you should plan to spend some time here if you hope to reach some of your more lofty goals.

I do agree that some of the forum-goers here are pretty hostile to complainers. I apologize if I came across as one of them. That is a genuine issue that should be addressed. I personally think it stems from the fact that some of them have been invested in this site for so long now, through the Kickstarter and the beta, and the mods have been so forthcoming and gracious, that they feel a kinship with this site that they hate to see challenged. That's just human nature. Doesn't make it any more acceptable, though.

In short, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're right, there may not be anything here right now to appeal to your particular expectations. Perhaps they simply don't match up with the intentions of the site. That isn't meant as a "good riddance" comment, just that perhaps you should mold your goals to fit the site, and not ask that the site be molded to fit your goals. I'm sorry you're unhappy with it. I for one am addicted already, even though I can't access the bulk of it during my free time (which is actually at work, haha, GO ARMY!!).

I know you don't like hearing "just stick it out", but that's all the advice I can give. This site is still a baby. There are TONS and TONS and TONS of things planned; just because the admins haven't announced them yet doesn't mean there's nothing in the works. If you enjoy it here, stay! If not, perhaps there are other games out there to better suit your needs. I suggest you stick around, and just not expect it to play like Neopets or Subeta or whatever right out the gate. Give it time to grow into itself, and I have absolutely no doubt that it will surpass both.

As an aside, I was also a member of a certain equine sim. It was 30 day cooldowns for each mare, AND each mare could only have one foal each month, AND the foals had to wait TWO months before they themselves could breed. And yet I had more horses than I knew what to do with! It really doesn't take long once the economy's really gotten going. :P
tumblr_inline_nk71b0gf1I1qg2i5p.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13