Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 732 733 734 735 736 ... 753 754
Who drew the coliseum's backgrounds? It doesn't seems like either Undel's or Xhaztol's style, and I suspected it was the fr art crew, but I really adore their style. If it's not too terribly invading of their privacy, would you kindly let me know? c:
Who drew the coliseum's backgrounds? It doesn't seems like either Undel's or Xhaztol's style, and I suspected it was the fr art crew, but I really adore their style. If it's not too terribly invading of their privacy, would you kindly let me know? c:
Hello, I have a question...

When I go to Marketplace / Apparel it shows (You have X) under each item if I own at least one. ok.

Should this number be the amount I have in my Hoard at the moment?
Is the Vault excluded from this count?
Does the count include the items that I have on a dragon?

Thanks!
Hello, I have a question...

When I go to Marketplace / Apparel it shows (You have X) under each item if I own at least one. ok.

Should this number be the amount I have in my Hoard at the moment?
Is the Vault excluded from this count?
Does the count include the items that I have on a dragon?

Thanks!
So how much new content is enough to warrant an announcement? We have a bunch of new apparel items, a new vista, new familiars, and a rules update, and next week is Crystalline Gala, which feels like it should be a Gala only announcement....?
So how much new content is enough to warrant an announcement? We have a bunch of new apparel items, a new vista, new familiars, and a rules update, and next week is Crystalline Gala, which feels like it should be a Gala only announcement....?
cPW6H3E.png
What was the creative decision behind making imperials have leather wings? Can leather wings even facilitate flight...?
What was the creative decision behind making imperials have leather wings? Can leather wings even facilitate flight...?
tumblr_osug20vnII1v8lm95o2_100.gifaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png Dawn

fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png They/Them

fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png FR+0
tumblr_pq070tye9g1y721g1o1_250.pnga DragonDawn.gifa tumblr_pq06kozTR71y721g1o2_250.png
Has anyone discussed in detail more about the anatomy of the dragons?
For example, we know Coatls hum, but what about Bogsneaks? A fellow Windy and I suspect frog sounds because of the stretched neck appearance. What about other dragons sounds?

What's the probability of each dragon being able to fly, or how they fly? Back to Bogs, I'd assume they fly something like the Red Death from How to Train Your Dragon.

Why do Snapper's back legs remain squatted? Is that a resting position? Or is it to boost leg strength? Maybe it helps with swimming.

Nocturne wings! The top joint has a bit of wing fabric folded over it. Is that akin to flaps on an airplane to help control elevation? Or does it provide lift so they can stay hovered?
Has anyone discussed in detail more about the anatomy of the dragons?
For example, we know Coatls hum, but what about Bogsneaks? A fellow Windy and I suspect frog sounds because of the stretched neck appearance. What about other dragons sounds?

What's the probability of each dragon being able to fly, or how they fly? Back to Bogs, I'd assume they fly something like the Red Death from How to Train Your Dragon.

Why do Snapper's back legs remain squatted? Is that a resting position? Or is it to boost leg strength? Maybe it helps with swimming.

Nocturne wings! The top joint has a bit of wing fabric folded over it. Is that akin to flaps on an airplane to help control elevation? Or does it provide lift so they can stay hovered?
[quote]Can Pinkerton's Plundered Pile get you items that are "exclusive" to Swipp or Baldwin?[/quote] Nope - in order to keep items exclusive and valuable, you wouldn't see items from one part of the Trading Post appearing anywhere else. [br][br] [quote]Was doing some selling in the AH and came to realise that the auction house trio (Spitfire, Edgar and Pearl) are making lots and lots of treasure from the processing fee - Just how rich are they?[/quote] Is "badazillion" a word? [br][br] [quote]What is the symbol on the rug covering the floor in the Golem Workshop?[/quote] It's meant to be a stylized kind of machine cog; there isn't a huge significance or faction symbol behind the design. [br][br] [quote]What is the in-world explanation for coliseum familiar drops? Did we steal one of their young away and raise them as our own? Were our foes so impressed by our strength that they decided to join us? Did we kidnap them?[/quote] We always viewed it as willful decision by the creature to join the dragon as its companion. [br][br] [quote]Followup to the question about poi-tox colors: you've stated you were trying to make variations before, but I think the question was more about where the colors appear in the pattern. The color that appears on a basic dragon almost always colors the blobs, but very occasionally, it works differently, such as radioactive, whose splotches are closer to jungle or peacock, and the radioactive is in the background behind the splotches.[/quote] In Poison and Toxin, the colors can appear in multiple zones. The choice to do so was for aethestic reasons. [br][br] [quote]For brewable items, how does staff choose what the ingredients are? For example, the Desert Rain Frog Companion: why was it decided to be made of Dried Cedar Branches?[/quote] We want to make sure that the ingredients for different recipes span the gamut of both challenging and simple to come by. We think it's a good balance for the recipes to generally contain a mix of items that are more difficult to procure, as well as give value to more common items. It can also provide an opportunity to give a "vendor-trash" item new value and usage. [br][br] [quote]Do Nocturne Dragons have echolocation for getting around the darkest parts of the Tangled Wood?[/quote] While Nocturnes possess advanced vocal cords enabling them to create a plethora of sounds, they do not have the ability to use echolocation. [br][br] [quote]For what is the "regenerate image" button?[/quote] Sometimes you may make changes to a dragon that do not display right away. While this does not happen often, the button forces the dragon image to refresh and display correctly. [br][br] [quote]Who drew the coliseum's backgrounds? It doesn't seems like either Undel's or Xhaztol's style, and I suspected it was the fr art crew, but I really adore their style. If it's not too terribly invading of their privacy, would you kindly let me know? c:[/quote] Our newest Coliseum background (Redrock Cove) was created by one of our newer artists, Ryan C. Sandswept Delta and Golem Workshop were created by Xhaztol, while the rest were created by Undel.
Quote:
Can Pinkerton's Plundered Pile get you items that are "exclusive" to Swipp or Baldwin?

Nope - in order to keep items exclusive and valuable, you wouldn't see items from one part of the Trading Post appearing anywhere else.

Quote:
Was doing some selling in the AH and came to realise that the auction house trio (Spitfire, Edgar and Pearl) are making lots and lots of treasure from the processing fee - Just how rich are they?

Is "badazillion" a word?

Quote:
What is the symbol on the rug covering the floor in the Golem Workshop?

It's meant to be a stylized kind of machine cog; there isn't a huge significance or faction symbol behind the design.

Quote:
What is the in-world explanation for coliseum familiar drops? Did we steal one of their young away and raise them as our own? Were our foes so impressed by our strength that they decided to join us? Did we kidnap them?

We always viewed it as willful decision by the creature to join the dragon as its companion.

Quote:
Followup to the question about poi-tox colors: you've stated you were trying to make variations before, but I think the question was more about where the colors appear in the pattern. The color that appears on a basic dragon almost always colors the blobs, but very occasionally, it works differently, such as radioactive, whose splotches are closer to jungle or peacock, and the radioactive is in the background behind the splotches.

In Poison and Toxin, the colors can appear in multiple zones. The choice to do so was for aethestic reasons.

Quote:
For brewable items, how does staff choose what the ingredients are? For example, the Desert Rain Frog Companion: why was it decided to be made of Dried Cedar Branches?

We want to make sure that the ingredients for different recipes span the gamut of both challenging and simple to come by. We think it's a good balance for the recipes to generally contain a mix of items that are more difficult to procure, as well as give value to more common items. It can also provide an opportunity to give a "vendor-trash" item new value and usage.

Quote:
Do Nocturne Dragons have echolocation for getting around the darkest parts of the Tangled Wood?

While Nocturnes possess advanced vocal cords enabling them to create a plethora of sounds, they do not have the ability to use echolocation.

Quote:
For what is the "regenerate image" button?

Sometimes you may make changes to a dragon that do not display right away. While this does not happen often, the button forces the dragon image to refresh and display correctly.

Quote:

Our newest Coliseum background (Redrock Cove) was created by one of our newer artists, Ryan C. Sandswept Delta and Golem Workshop were created by Xhaztol, while the rest were created by Undel.
How is the coliseum update going? Not asking for an estimated time of arrival; I just am curious how the work is going. Has the AH overhaul been brought into development phase yet? How busy does this all make you behind the scenes? What are the steps involved to getting big mechanics like those features up and running? I don't know much about coding but I'm curious about how the site's inner workings function and what it looks like on your end.
How is the coliseum update going? Not asking for an estimated time of arrival; I just am curious how the work is going. Has the AH overhaul been brought into development phase yet? How busy does this all make you behind the scenes? What are the steps involved to getting big mechanics like those features up and running? I don't know much about coding but I'm curious about how the site's inner workings function and what it looks like on your end.
XriSV9h.gif
We recently came across this comic. Can you confirm that unicorns purr, and does this include Undel?
We recently came across this comic. Can you confirm that unicorns purr, and does this include Undel?
VOkp50l.png Neffi
she/her
FR +9

Arcane Dom Lead
8vElUoQ.png
Why does Baldwin have a number drop-down? Is it ever planned to be able to transmute more than one object at a time?
Why does Baldwin have a number drop-down? Is it ever planned to be able to transmute more than one object at a time?
I hope I don't sound salty, but do you guys plan to explain what happened in NotN? In the first (or second) post you said you would update the coli as needed and explain those changes in said post. But nothing changed, and you never gave us an explanation. Even a simple "there was too much else to do for us to make those changes" would be better than silence. Silence seems to imply on some level a lack of care. I remember something similar happening a year or two ago in NotN and it seems a lot of users are still upset/unimpressed that such a thing has repeated itself.
I hope I don't sound salty, but do you guys plan to explain what happened in NotN? In the first (or second) post you said you would update the coli as needed and explain those changes in said post. But nothing changed, and you never gave us an explanation. Even a simple "there was too much else to do for us to make those changes" would be better than silence. Silence seems to imply on some level a lack of care. I remember something similar happening a year or two ago in NotN and it seems a lot of users are still upset/unimpressed that such a thing has repeated itself.
image.pnglMoMteR.pngimage.png
1 2 ... 732 733 734 735 736 ... 753 754