Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 75 76
@Dygii

S'all good.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that it's all based on the RNG. I mean, I'm fine with items that you have to grind for (I'm a familiar hunter, haha) but it's disappointing that it's a grind with a time limit. Those two things combined can lead to major burnout.

I'm just happy that I don't have an addictive personality and I have other things to take up my time right now. I've seen people grind for 10-20+ hours a day... which is just not healthy. :/
@Dygii

S'all good.

To be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that it's all based on the RNG. I mean, I'm fine with items that you have to grind for (I'm a familiar hunter, haha) but it's disappointing that it's a grind with a time limit. Those two things combined can lead to major burnout.

I'm just happy that I don't have an addictive personality and I have other things to take up my time right now. I've seen people grind for 10-20+ hours a day... which is just not healthy. :/
@AboveClouds

Oh yeah, I totally get that. :C Like the main reason I'm grinding for chests is for these new familiars--the price of nocturnes is gonna drop significantly once all the gen ones become RTB. Gen one nocturnes will still be worth a great deal, but I'm happy they're not retired completely (unlike Imps).

I wouldn't be UNhappy if they increased the drop rate, but I don't think it's entirely necessary. People shouldn't have to feel the need to grind for hours and hours--and that's, tbh, a poor choice if they do over a virtual pet...
@AboveClouds

Oh yeah, I totally get that. :C Like the main reason I'm grinding for chests is for these new familiars--the price of nocturnes is gonna drop significantly once all the gen ones become RTB. Gen one nocturnes will still be worth a great deal, but I'm happy they're not retired completely (unlike Imps).

I wouldn't be UNhappy if they increased the drop rate, but I don't think it's entirely necessary. People shouldn't have to feel the need to grind for hours and hours--and that's, tbh, a poor choice if they do over a virtual pet...
@Elai the only reason bears are back is because people were upset Sprites were retired and were so rare and people didn't like that. /shrug

I'm not pleased with it and I hope they return the retired familiars opposed to Limited. Because we end up with situations just like this.
@Elai the only reason bears are back is because people were upset Sprites were retired and were so rare and people didn't like that. /shrug

I'm not pleased with it and I hope they return the retired familiars opposed to Limited. Because we end up with situations just like this.
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
@CountofCasualty
I think a lot of people probably didn't realize that coming back for a December event meant coming back EVERY December. I bet a lot of people who voted for this just assumed the Bears would be available during December and would then be retired permanently as the Sprites were. Seems it's not the case if what Undel meant is that the Bears will be coming back every year =/.

Though tbh, I would venture that a lot of people who voted for the Bears to be bought back even once only did so because THEY wanted to get the Bears without putting the work into earning one that a lot of people did (and do) for the Sprites. It doesn't really seem fair.

I hope they reconsider as well and make this year's Bears (and Fakes) retired when the event ends.
@CountofCasualty
I think a lot of people probably didn't realize that coming back for a December event meant coming back EVERY December. I bet a lot of people who voted for this just assumed the Bears would be available during December and would then be retired permanently as the Sprites were. Seems it's not the case if what Undel meant is that the Bears will be coming back every year =/.

Though tbh, I would venture that a lot of people who voted for the Bears to be bought back even once only did so because THEY wanted to get the Bears without putting the work into earning one that a lot of people did (and do) for the Sprites. It doesn't really seem fair.

I hope they reconsider as well and make this year's Bears (and Fakes) retired when the event ends.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
@Elai The only reason they're coming back next Dec is because the 'Bear' Cycle won't be done until the end of May with Nature's Festival, so it doesn't make sense to only have half the cycle avaliable. We don't know what the next holiday familiars will be, or if they'll be limited or not.
@Elai The only reason they're coming back next Dec is because the 'Bear' Cycle won't be done until the end of May with Nature's Festival, so it doesn't make sense to only have half the cycle avaliable. We don't know what the next holiday familiars will be, or if they'll be limited or not.
tumblr_inline_oiamx6wpfn1r3h1o8_540.png
@Elai

Oh man, I thought that's what it was when I voted. That the bears were ONLY coming back this December and becoming retired forever. Are you sure they're going to release them again next year? If so, it seems like it was a waste to buy them during their respective festivals :c
@Elai

Oh man, I thought that's what it was when I voted. That the bears were ONLY coming back this December and becoming retired forever. Are you sure they're going to release them again next year? If so, it seems like it was a waste to buy them during their respective festivals :c
@Elai

The other big contributor to the while Bear Debacle is that a lot of people also didn't seem to realize that what they were voting for DID NOT include the sprites. So a lot of people eager to maybe get lucky with a Light Sprite voted 'yes', I think. I can't say with any certainty how many people did this but I know there's been a bunch of people that have been shocked to find out the sprites aren't coming back.

Unfortunately, that means a lot of newer players (at the time) voted their own investments away without securing what they were after. Which sucks.
@Elai

The other big contributor to the while Bear Debacle is that a lot of people also didn't seem to realize that what they were voting for DID NOT include the sprites. So a lot of people eager to maybe get lucky with a Light Sprite voted 'yes', I think. I can't say with any certainty how many people did this but I know there's been a bunch of people that have been shocked to find out the sprites aren't coming back.

Unfortunately, that means a lot of newer players (at the time) voted their own investments away without securing what they were after. Which sucks.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
@VagabondSentinel

Bless you. Very eloquently put, and spot on.
@VagabondSentinel

Bless you. Very eloquently put, and spot on.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
[quote name="Dygii" date="2014-12-27 19:07:46"] People shouldn't have to feel the need to grind for hours and hours--and that's, tbh, a poor choice if they do over a virtual pet...[/quote] Please don't make assumptions or judgement on people who grind for long periods of time in coli. Maybe some people are chronically ill, disabled, mentally disabled, and maybe this is all they are able to do. Maybe they can't afford to buy gems, let alone going out, so this is what they do for entertainment. Maybe some people, like myself, work long hour desk jobs, and grinding coli is all I have to do to keep me from dying of boredom. Maybe you don't think grinding for hours for a virtual pet is a "proper use of time," but you don't know everyone's story, so please don't judge.
Dygii wrote on 2014-12-27 19:07:46:
People shouldn't have to feel the need to grind for hours and hours--and that's, tbh, a poor choice if they do over a virtual pet...

Please don't make assumptions or judgement on people who grind for long periods of time in coli.

Maybe some people are chronically ill, disabled, mentally disabled, and maybe this is all they are able to do.

Maybe they can't afford to buy gems, let alone going out, so this is what they do for entertainment.

Maybe some people, like myself, work long hour desk jobs, and grinding coli is all I have to do to keep me from dying of boredom.

Maybe you don't think grinding for hours for a virtual pet is a "proper use of time," but you don't know everyone's story, so please don't judge.
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
I'll have to agree with everyone saying this event just isn't really that exciting anymore... I don't want to sound rude whatsoever, before I start getting mass-pinged. I acknowledge the fact the admins worked hard, and I'm sure everyone else does... But this is getting absolutely ridiculous. I've only gotten 25 chests throughout the event (through the coliseum). Not a single goodie in a single one except for food. I was lucky on scavenging on my first day, and I made a complete mistake thinking this event was going to be easy.

I've tried grinding in the coli, but it crashed every 20 minutes, even on a computer like mine. It starts lagging terribly to the point where my dragons sit there for half a minute without even using the move I told them to. Mimics have suddenly become scarce,and even though I'm Lvl. 25 digging, I haven't gotten a single chest yet via gathering turn yet.
I'll have to agree with everyone saying this event just isn't really that exciting anymore... I don't want to sound rude whatsoever, before I start getting mass-pinged. I acknowledge the fact the admins worked hard, and I'm sure everyone else does... But this is getting absolutely ridiculous. I've only gotten 25 chests throughout the event (through the coliseum). Not a single goodie in a single one except for food. I was lucky on scavenging on my first day, and I made a complete mistake thinking this event was going to be easy.

I've tried grinding in the coli, but it crashed every 20 minutes, even on a computer like mine. It starts lagging terribly to the point where my dragons sit there for half a minute without even using the move I told them to. Mimics have suddenly become scarce,and even though I'm Lvl. 25 digging, I haven't gotten a single chest yet via gathering turn yet.
sawyer | they/them
1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 75 76