Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | this isn't fun anymore
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76
15 gathering, 5 in digging, 1 chest. Nuff said.
(Yes I know it's luck but it really could be slightly higher couldn't it? I actually had some time to put some effort into the coli this time but the drop rate for familiars does seem very, very low and the eggs seem non existant). Not trying to complain, just a request for a slightly higher drop rate, people don't have fun if they put a lot of time into something and get nothing back. This is meant to be fun right?
15 gathering, 5 in digging, 1 chest. Nuff said.
(Yes I know it's luck but it really could be slightly higher couldn't it? I actually had some time to put some effort into the coli this time but the drop rate for familiars does seem very, very low and the eggs seem non existant). Not trying to complain, just a request for a slightly higher drop rate, people don't have fun if they put a lot of time into something and get nothing back. This is meant to be fun right?
[quote name="Fallowsthorn" date="2014-12-23 02:21:24"] If you're one of the lucky ones, good for you. No, seriously. I hope you're having a lot of fun and I'm glad you're happy with what you got out of the chest. But right now I'm slowly realizing that if I actually want a shot at any of this stuff, what I should be doing is training exalt fodder for the umpteenth time so I can pay out the wazoo for it from other players, instead of putting in a fair amount of work for it, like I do for the festival currency, and reaping the rewards. [/quote] That's honestly about how I'm feeling. Yesterday when I had 30 turns (25 gather), I found no chests. The first day I found 5. Today I found 1. Now, I can mindlessly grind coli all day because I effectively have no life right now, but that's not the case for most people, and holy dang I'm getting sick of the coli. It's the holidays, people are busy, and when you look at the sheer number of chests I've consumed (I'm soon to hit 700) and that I've found 1 egg and 5 familiars... It gets disheartening. I mean, I know that by the end of the week I'm probably going to have at [i]least[/i] one scroll, but what about all the people that can't? And heck, I shouldn't be having to grind this hard. I can only imagine how it feels for people that don't even have this option. I'm happy for the people that HAVE gotten luckier, but I just feel horrible for the people even less lucky than me, and it's kinda sapping my energy to try much harder than I am.
Fallowsthorn wrote on 2014-12-23 02:21:24:

If you're one of the lucky ones, good for you. No, seriously. I hope you're having a lot of fun and I'm glad you're happy with what you got out of the chest. But right now I'm slowly realizing that if I actually want a shot at any of this stuff, what I should be doing is training exalt fodder for the umpteenth time so I can pay out the wazoo for it from other players, instead of putting in a fair amount of work for it, like I do for the festival currency, and reaping the rewards.

That's honestly about how I'm feeling. Yesterday when I had 30 turns (25 gather), I found no chests. The first day I found 5. Today I found 1. Now, I can mindlessly grind coli all day because I effectively have no life right now, but that's not the case for most people, and holy dang I'm getting sick of the coli. It's the holidays, people are busy, and when you look at the sheer number of chests I've consumed (I'm soon to hit 700) and that I've found 1 egg and 5 familiars...
It gets disheartening. I mean, I know that by the end of the week I'm probably going to have at least one scroll, but what about all the people that can't?
And heck, I shouldn't be having to grind this hard. I can only imagine how it feels for people that don't even have this option.
I'm happy for the people that HAVE gotten luckier, but I just feel horrible for the people even less lucky than me, and it's kinda sapping my energy to try much harder than I am.
When it is dark enough,
you can see the stars.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
[quote name="Takora" date="2014-12-23 02:05:54"][quote name="Tranquillite" date="2014-12-23 00:35:32"][b] I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.[/b][/quote] [b]AND THAT WHAT IS BROKEN MY DEAR![/b] The first day I used all my turns in scavenging in shadow, nothing. The second day I used all my turns in digging in shadow, nothing. Today I used all my turns in digging in shadow again, only 5 measly chests. The gathering system is so goddamn broken you can not convince me otherwise. People with lower gathering lvls get tons of the chests and as lvl 25 you just get crap.[/quote] This so much. I have always been joking about ''the higher the level, the higher the change of getting crap'' Glad am not the only one thinking this. |D Oh well i don't care anyway, i got my eggs and scrolls after opening 600+ chests and got like 300 again in my hoard now. I swear if i get an egg i just give it away. I don't really get why people get already paranoid if they not get an egg in the first days. There are 2 more weeks and by the time Nocturnes doesn't worth anything anymore. Just a few weeks and they are exalt fodder too. Edit: ITS BUGGING ME THAT I HAVE TO GRIND AGAIN AFTER A DOMINANCE BATTLE. Am stuck in the coli forever.
Takora wrote on 2014-12-23 02:05:54:
Tranquillite wrote on 2014-12-23 00:35:32:
I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.

AND THAT WHAT IS BROKEN MY DEAR!

The first day I used all my turns in scavenging in shadow, nothing.
The second day I used all my turns in digging in shadow, nothing.
Today I used all my turns in digging in shadow again, only 5 measly chests.

The gathering system is so goddamn broken you can not convince me otherwise. People with lower gathering lvls get tons of the chests and as lvl 25 you just get crap.
This so much.
I have always been joking about ''the higher the level, the higher the change of getting crap''
Glad am not the only one thinking this. |D

Oh well i don't care anyway, i got my eggs and scrolls after opening 600+ chests and got like 300 again in my hoard now. I swear if i get an egg i just give it away. I don't really get why people get already paranoid if they not get an egg in the first days. There are 2 more weeks and by the time Nocturnes doesn't worth anything anymore. Just a few weeks and they are exalt fodder too.

Edit:
ITS BUGGING ME THAT I HAVE TO GRIND AGAIN AFTER A DOMINANCE BATTLE. Am stuck in the coli forever.
MJWDKKI.png9PCVycs.png Pixel adopts
I couldn't agree more.

I'm pretty certain I hit 1000 chests today. Yesterday I spent cca 7 hours grinding in the coliseum. And I got just one egg and a breed change scroll. Yes, people are going to say ''lucky you, you got a scroll!'', but having to open 1000 chests just to get one scroll or one egg is ridiculous. What frustrates me the most is that I had to open that many chests to get my Nocturne, yet some people got maybe 30 chests, and managed to get two eggs out of it.

True, it's only day 3 of the event, but come on. I doubt anyone wants to spend their Christmas holidays playing a monotonous game that is Coliseum for hours just to get buttstones. They could probably grind the coli for an hour or two daily, but from my experience, what are the odds they'll get anything out of it? Just today I got yet another stack of chests and guess what? Got nothing worth mentioning.

As one user said, it isn't a game. It's basically a chore. People have lives. I have a lot of free time right now and I can afford to spend up to 6 hours grinding in the coli, but I bet half of the community on here can't spend that much time on FR.
I couldn't agree more.

I'm pretty certain I hit 1000 chests today. Yesterday I spent cca 7 hours grinding in the coliseum. And I got just one egg and a breed change scroll. Yes, people are going to say ''lucky you, you got a scroll!'', but having to open 1000 chests just to get one scroll or one egg is ridiculous. What frustrates me the most is that I had to open that many chests to get my Nocturne, yet some people got maybe 30 chests, and managed to get two eggs out of it.

True, it's only day 3 of the event, but come on. I doubt anyone wants to spend their Christmas holidays playing a monotonous game that is Coliseum for hours just to get buttstones. They could probably grind the coli for an hour or two daily, but from my experience, what are the odds they'll get anything out of it? Just today I got yet another stack of chests and guess what? Got nothing worth mentioning.

As one user said, it isn't a game. It's basically a chore. People have lives. I have a lot of free time right now and I can afford to spend up to 6 hours grinding in the coli, but I bet half of the community on here can't spend that much time on FR.
w9ac9d.jpg
[quote name="Leiari" date="2014-12-23 02:03:24"]rare - definition adj. rar·er, rar·est 1. Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region. 2. Excellent; extraordinary: a rare sense of honor. 3. Thin in density; rarefied: Dictionary definition. They said it would be rare. Breed change scrolls, very rare. There's a massive drop rate for the chests. I've had fun opening chests, had a few interesting things in them, mostly food. It's a [u]two. week. event. [/u] Most of the people complaining about this come across as really rude. You haven't got the thing in the first two days so everything is terrible. Seriously guys, there's more than 10 days left. The world doesn't end if you can't get something right away, I promise.[/quote] ^This. If we would get a familiar each 20 chests, or an egg/scroll each 50, we would drown in them at the end of the event. Getting one wouldn't be special anymore and the excitement when you see that icon appearing would be gone. Where's the satisfaction when you don't have to lift a finger to accomplish something? And even if you would have [i]really[/i] bad luck and don't get an egg/scroll (or the familiar you so badly wanted), go visit the the AH in a week. There will be plenty up and prices will only drop. We're only just starting the 3th day, and Nocturne prices have already dropped to 200k. Believe me, that's fast. With all the people on FR that are opening chests, the item flood is only starting and everyone will get a chance to get/buy the things they want. And with everyone jumping on this event and massing to the coli, it's only natural there are hiccups. But the admins are on top of everything and are able to fix them quite fast every time. Thank you for that, btw, admins, we dearly appreciate all the work you're putting into this and we love you for it. [b] So please, everyone, I understand the frustration, and I don't blame you at all for venting it. But it's only the 3th day. We have time. What do we lose from this event? Nothing. What do we get from it? Freebies. And rare ones. Let's just enjoy this.[/b]
Leiari wrote on 2014-12-23 02:03:24:
rare - definition

adj. rar·er, rar·est
1. Infrequently occurring; uncommon: a rare event; a plant that is rare in this region.
2. Excellent; extraordinary: a rare sense of honor.
3. Thin in density; rarefied:

Dictionary definition. They said it would be rare. Breed change scrolls, very rare.

There's a massive drop rate for the chests. I've had fun opening chests, had a few interesting things in them, mostly food. It's a two. week. event.

Most of the people complaining about this come across as really rude. You haven't got the thing in the first two days so everything is terrible.
Seriously guys, there's more than 10 days left. The world doesn't end if you can't get something right away, I promise.

^This. If we would get a familiar each 20 chests, or an egg/scroll each 50, we would drown in them at the end of the event. Getting one wouldn't be special anymore and the excitement when you see that icon appearing would be gone. Where's the satisfaction when you don't have to lift a finger to accomplish something?

And even if you would have really bad luck and don't get an egg/scroll (or the familiar you so badly wanted), go visit the the AH in a week. There will be plenty up and prices will only drop. We're only just starting the 3th day, and Nocturne prices have already dropped to 200k. Believe me, that's fast.

With all the people on FR that are opening chests, the item flood is only starting and everyone will get a chance to get/buy the things they want. And with everyone jumping on this event and massing to the coli, it's only natural there are hiccups. But the admins are on top of everything and are able to fix them quite fast every time. Thank you for that, btw, admins, we dearly appreciate all the work you're putting into this and we love you for it.

So please, everyone, I understand the frustration, and I don't blame you at all for venting it. But it's only the 3th day. We have time. What do we lose from this event? Nothing. What do we get from it? Freebies. And rare ones. Let's just enjoy this.
FRclanbanner_zps949255a9.jpg
It has been two days.
It has been two days.
knhLXgs.png
@Separatist I agree

Worst part is its not really a joke its pretty much a known occurrence.

And I think a lot of veterans have been saying this for quite some time. After all the higher the level of the gathering,digging, scavaging, the bigger the pool of items you can pull = more chance on junk >_>.

And even that is not really balanced in the least I still regularly pull a single food item when using a turn with a max gathering skill and its not even a high lv food either but some crappy 2-3 point food .....

I am just glad I never really bothered to lv digging and scavenging so they are still relatively low lv 16 and 19. But even here the chest are quite scarce.

edit:

I rather see the chests more rare tbh but having a better balanced loot in them.
Then drowning in chests that give one food item.....
@Separatist I agree

Worst part is its not really a joke its pretty much a known occurrence.

And I think a lot of veterans have been saying this for quite some time. After all the higher the level of the gathering,digging, scavaging, the bigger the pool of items you can pull = more chance on junk >_>.

And even that is not really balanced in the least I still regularly pull a single food item when using a turn with a max gathering skill and its not even a high lv food either but some crappy 2-3 point food .....

I am just glad I never really bothered to lv digging and scavenging so they are still relatively low lv 16 and 19. But even here the chest are quite scarce.

edit:

I rather see the chests more rare tbh but having a better balanced loot in them.
Then drowning in chests that give one food item.....
CrystalforestBanner_zps9da0837a-1.png
[quote name="AteraK" date="2014-12-23 02:45:43"]I couldn't agree more. I'm pretty certain I hit 1000 chests today. Yesterday I spent cca 7 hours grinding in the coliseum. And I got just one egg and a breed change scroll. Yes, people are going to say ''lucky you, you got a scroll!'', but having to open 1000 chests just to get one scroll or one egg is ridiculous. What frustrates me the most is that I had to open that many chests to get my Nocturne, yet some people got maybe 30 chests, and managed to get two eggs out of it. [/quote] I've opened about 500 chests, almost all of which have been gathered from the coliseum. Digging doesn't give me jack crap, and I was insanely lucky yesterday to find a Nocturne egg via scavenging. Out of these chests I've gotten one egg, two slumbering chalatans, a fungusbearing phony(the one I wanted the most), livewire grizzly, sunbeam ursa and a mimic. Like come on, I have at least four dragons that I want to turn Nocturne, and I wonder if that'll even be remotely possible @ . @ Pretty upset at my luck at the RNG, but I'm not blaming the admins for the shoddy drop rate of items from the chests. I'm getting an awful feeling that this event may become a pay to win.
AteraK wrote on 2014-12-23 02:45:43:
I couldn't agree more.

I've opened about 500 chests, almost all of which have been gathered from the coliseum. Digging doesn't give me jack crap, and I was insanely lucky yesterday to find a Nocturne egg via scavenging.

Out of these chests I've gotten one egg, two slumbering chalatans, a fungusbearing phony(the one I wanted the most), livewire grizzly, sunbeam ursa and a mimic. Like come on, I have at least four dragons that I want to turn Nocturne, and I wonder if that'll even be remotely possible @ . @

Pretty upset at my luck at the RNG, but I'm not blaming the admins for the shoddy drop rate of items from the chests. I'm getting an awful feeling that this event may become a pay to win.
kIkbHva.png bsf2fqJ.jpg
i'm lvl 25 at digging and got 0 chests today. The days before I got about 20. Better odds in the coli.
i'm lvl 25 at digging and got 0 chests today. The days before I got about 20. Better odds in the coli.
cRvvrH3.png
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff.
[quote name="Tranquillite" date="2014-12-23 00:35:32"]I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.[/quote] [quote name="TheMiles" date="2014-12-23 02:11:53"]I'm fairly new here, I haven't really seen many events yet either, but I wanna just say this: -You get a buttload of chests each day (I am lvl 11 and get around 30 chests [b]with the extra rounds[/b]), even more if you want to grind in the Coliseum[/quote] @Tranquillite @TheMiles Good for you. As the other person said, I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously, good for you. But at level 25 digging I got five chests day 1 and three day 2. And I think I got 8 today? Might have been 9. And as much as I don't want to grind the coli after Battle Royale and then helping Lightning with their dominance attempt last week, I would be willing. Except it won't work for me. It is slow when I can even get into it. (Which I can't. A lot.) I still managed to spend hours grinding to get chests. And I got just a couple of familiars. One of which was a light bear that I already had. So forgive me for being frustrated. Especially with all of the people going "Oh, it is oh so easy" or "I got two eggs and sold them and then got a third and hatched the baby. What do I do with it?" I do appreciate that the admins put a lot of work into this event. (Even though I really wish it had just been for the holiday bears like I had assumed it would be so that I could have taken a week off from the coli.) And I am not giving up completely. But I did give up yesterday. And I am frustrated. Very frustrated. And as long as others aren't being rude about it and calling the admins names, I think venting frustration should be fine. Even saying one is quitting should be fine. And coming in and saying "oh it is so easy for me so you shouldn't complain" doesn't really help all that much to curb frustration. Just my thoughts, obviously feel free to ignore them at will. And keep having fun with the event! That's how it is supposed to be.
Tranquillite wrote on 2014-12-23 00:35:32:
I'm level 15 digging and can make 50-60 chests in a day with the extra turns.
TheMiles wrote on 2014-12-23 02:11:53:
I'm fairly new here, I haven't really seen many events yet either, but I wanna just say this:
-You get a buttload of chests each day (I am lvl 11 and get around 30 chests with the extra rounds), even more if you want to grind in the Coliseum

@Tranquillite @TheMiles
Good for you. As the other person said, I'm not being sarcastic. Seriously, good for you. But at level 25 digging I got five chests day 1 and three day 2. And I think I got 8 today? Might have been 9. And as much as I don't want to grind the coli after Battle Royale and then helping Lightning with their dominance attempt last week, I would be willing. Except it won't work for me. It is slow when I can even get into it. (Which I can't. A lot.) I still managed to spend hours grinding to get chests. And I got just a couple of familiars. One of which was a light bear that I already had. So forgive me for being frustrated. Especially with all of the people going "Oh, it is oh so easy" or "I got two eggs and sold them and then got a third and hatched the baby. What do I do with it?"

I do appreciate that the admins put a lot of work into this event. (Even though I really wish it had just been for the holiday bears like I had assumed it would be so that I could have taken a week off from the coli.) And I am not giving up completely. But I did give up yesterday. And I am frustrated. Very frustrated. And as long as others aren't being rude about it and calling the admins names, I think venting frustration should be fine. Even saying one is quitting should be fine. And coming in and saying "oh it is so easy for me so you shouldn't complain" doesn't really help all that much to curb frustration. Just my thoughts, obviously feel free to ignore them at will. And keep having fun with the event! That's how it is supposed to be.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 75 76