Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Frustrated by FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Clocks" date="2014-12-07 12:59:09"] 3) it's free to play with limited resources (pretty sure FR has the most average number of users online second only to neopets... they're not exactly [i]not[/i] making money, let's just say that)[/quote] Somehow this site inexplicably has more people online at a time than the other petsite I go on, Subeta, which has thousands and thousands of existing accounts, several programmers, yet still DIES when it tops over a thousand users for site events. And also other major problems, such as an emphasis on the Cash Shop that is so grotesque that I'm pretty much only going to the site out of habit. I don't get some of the people in the topic defending this site like we insulted it and its mother. My frustrations are just that - frustrations. If I hated the site so much I wouldn't be here. And constant positive feedback is no way to improve a programming project!
Clocks wrote on 2014-12-07 12:59:09:
3) it's free to play with limited resources (pretty sure FR has the most average number of users online second only to neopets... they're not exactly not making money, let's just say that)

Somehow this site inexplicably has more people online at a time than the other petsite I go on, Subeta, which has thousands and thousands of existing accounts, several programmers, yet still DIES when it tops over a thousand users for site events. And also other major problems, such as an emphasis on the Cash Shop that is so grotesque that I'm pretty much only going to the site out of habit.

I don't get some of the people in the topic defending this site like we insulted it and its mother. My frustrations are just that - frustrations. If I hated the site so much I wouldn't be here. And constant positive feedback is no way to improve a programming project!
[quote name="SystemsReady" date="2014-12-07 16:14:26"] I don't get some of the people in the topic defending this site like we insulted it and its mother. My frustrations are just that - frustrations. If I hated the site so much I wouldn't be here. And constant positive feedback is no way to improve a programming project![/quote] @SystemsReady Exactly. I like FR, and I'd like to see it improve or at least stay around. If we don't talk about what we dislike, how are the admins supposed to know?
SystemsReady wrote on 2014-12-07 16:14:26:
I don't get some of the people in the topic defending this site like we insulted it and its mother. My frustrations are just that - frustrations. If I hated the site so much I wouldn't be here. And constant positive feedback is no way to improve a programming project!

@SystemsReady Exactly. I like FR, and I'd like to see it improve or at least stay around. If we don't talk about what we dislike, how are the admins supposed to know?
[center][color=purple]@Safirien I am being patient. And I was not giving the coders "crap" in my post at all. This is a thread asking about frustrations and I said mine. I know there are a limited amount of people on the team but I can still be a little frustrated? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand why people are jumping down our throats for stating what bothers us? o w o [quote name="SystemsReady" date="2014-12-07 16:14:26"] I don't get some of the people in the topic defending this site like we insulted it and its mother. My frustrations are just that - frustrations. If I hated the site so much I wouldn't be here. And constant positive feedback is no way to improve a programming project![/quote] [color=purple]And so much this.
@Safirien

I am being patient.

And I was not giving the coders "crap" in my post at all. This is a thread asking about frustrations and I said mine. I know there are a limited amount of people on the team but I can still be a little frustrated? I'm not trying to be a jerk but I don't understand why people are jumping down our throats for stating what bothers us?

o w o
SystemsReady wrote on 2014-12-07 16:14:26:

And so much this.
Yes, the terribly vague mini-modding policy is frustrating. The refusal to clarify is frustrating too.

Someone (not me, too lazy to look it up) asked in the Q and A thread what counted as telling the mods to do, and offered a few scenarios. The 'answer' said that giving the mod a link = good and that telling the mod what to do = bad.

That answered about 1/4 of the post, if that.
Yes, the terribly vague mini-modding policy is frustrating. The refusal to clarify is frustrating too.

Someone (not me, too lazy to look it up) asked in the Q and A thread what counted as telling the mods to do, and offered a few scenarios. The 'answer' said that giving the mod a link = good and that telling the mod what to do = bad.

That answered about 1/4 of the post, if that.
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
AH - You can buy 346 points of seafood for 10k Unless your lair is entirely coatls and imperials, you can feed your hoard on 10k for at least a week.

For infrequent players, I recommend buying a large amount of food off the forums at one time. Make an effort, stalk item sales or post your own thread offering to buy food for 20:1 (20t for 1pt). This is MASSIVELY cheaper than AH. I regularly buy 3000 points of insect for as little as 45k. This will set even a gigantic layer like mine up for two months.

I think the food mechanic is a good one, it's a good way to interact with your lair. Keeping your dragons fed is part of the game.
AH - You can buy 346 points of seafood for 10k Unless your lair is entirely coatls and imperials, you can feed your hoard on 10k for at least a week.

For infrequent players, I recommend buying a large amount of food off the forums at one time. Make an effort, stalk item sales or post your own thread offering to buy food for 20:1 (20t for 1pt). This is MASSIVELY cheaper than AH. I regularly buy 3000 points of insect for as little as 45k. This will set even a gigantic layer like mine up for two months.

I think the food mechanic is a good one, it's a good way to interact with your lair. Keeping your dragons fed is part of the game.
I... I just wanted to say that I'm frustrated that there's no range search in the Auction House. Think Checklist for Genes/Colours instead of only being able to look at one variation at a time. My AH ventures get so tedious.

Also Ambush stones and the general sloppiness of the coli gets my goat fairly often.

I'm generally on board with the cutting the programmers some slack though, especially given the fairly unique positions they've been in during the year and a half of uptime. I do agree that they should hire more ASAP though.
I... I just wanted to say that I'm frustrated that there's no range search in the Auction House. Think Checklist for Genes/Colours instead of only being able to look at one variation at a time. My AH ventures get so tedious.

Also Ambush stones and the general sloppiness of the coli gets my goat fairly often.

I'm generally on board with the cutting the programmers some slack though, especially given the fairly unique positions they've been in during the year and a half of uptime. I do agree that they should hire more ASAP though.
[center]@Pixar You misread me. I was referring to coders/programmers having to deal with the site breaking at random times like when they're trying to implement a new feature and stuff. The two quoted posts I was agreeing with ^-^ Also, I was more of stating my opinion than trying to jump to the site's defense? eh. take it however you like. I get it's a frustrations thread, I was just throwing my opinion out there. [quote name="mizushimo" date="2014-12-08 00:03:47"]AH - [b]You can buy 346 points of seafood for 10k[/b] Unless your lair is entirely coatls and imperials, you can feed your hoard on 10k for at least a week. For infrequent players, [b]I recommend buying a large amount of food off the forums at one time[/b]. Make an effort, stalk item sales or post your own thread offering to buy food for 20:1 (20t for 1pt). This is MASSIVELY cheaper than AH. I regularly buy 3000 points of insect for as little as 45k. This will set even a gigantic layer like mine up for two months. I think the food mechanic is a good one, it's a good way to interact with your lair. Keeping your dragons fed is part of the game.[/quote] Yess. -minor comment about being sick of dodge in the coli-[/center]
@Pixar

You misread me. I was referring to coders/programmers having to deal with the site breaking at random times like when they're trying to implement a new feature and stuff.
The two quoted posts I was agreeing with ^-^

Also, I was more of stating my opinion than trying to jump to the site's defense? eh. take it however you like. I get it's a frustrations thread, I was just throwing my opinion out there.
mizushimo wrote on 2014-12-08 00:03:47:

Yess.

-minor comment about being sick of dodge in the coli-
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
@tacroy:

Since this site states it's okay for two people to share a network I don't think they bann you easily. Maybe you should just avoid to do a full account transfer regulary to hers xP But IDK sending stuff across seems to be no trouble. I've given my neighbour a good start at giving her stuff of me - while we logged in&off the same computer and we weren't banned for it either.
I'm also using my smartphone, university computer&mobile network for FR. My account activities probably look hilarious. Don't worry about that. They probably don't even watch single users xP If anything, they probably rather care about scammers or auction house manipulators, that use multiple accounts for it.

Edited by @JCstitches in accordance with Site Terms of Use.
@tacroy:

Since this site states it's okay for two people to share a network I don't think they bann you easily. Maybe you should just avoid to do a full account transfer regulary to hers xP But IDK sending stuff across seems to be no trouble. I've given my neighbour a good start at giving her stuff of me - while we logged in&off the same computer and we weren't banned for it either.
I'm also using my smartphone, university computer&mobile network for FR. My account activities probably look hilarious. Don't worry about that. They probably don't even watch single users xP If anything, they probably rather care about scammers or auction house manipulators, that use multiple accounts for it.

Edited by @JCstitches in accordance with Site Terms of Use.
I think my main frustration is the coliseum stalling mid-battle. So annoying!
I think my main frustration is the coliseum stalling mid-battle. So annoying!
[quote name="SystemsReady" date="2014-12-07 02:20:52"] The colosseum and games are Flash-based, which is hell on a Linux machine even in Chrome. This obviously makes getting treasure harder since the games themselves lag so badly to the point of making them much harder. The colosseum is workable, but the battles are sooooo sloooow...maybe there could be a way to turn the animations off? [/quote] @SystemsReady, I can't comment on the rest but I want to clarify that our games, Fairgrounds and Coliseum, are HTML5 not Flash. The only Flash is the music. If that's causing you problems, turning off the music should fix it.
SystemsReady wrote on 2014-12-07 02:20:52:
The colosseum and games are Flash-based, which is hell on a Linux machine even in Chrome. This obviously makes getting treasure harder since the games themselves lag so badly to the point of making them much harder. The colosseum is workable, but the battles are sooooo sloooow...maybe there could be a way to turn the animations off?

@SystemsReady, I can't comment on the rest but I want to clarify that our games, Fairgrounds and Coliseum, are HTML5 not Flash. The only Flash is the music. If that's causing you problems, turning off the music should fix it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10