Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Frustrated by FR?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-12-08 08:15:13"][quote name="SystemsReady" date="2014-12-07 02:20:52"] The colosseum and games are Flash-based, which is hell on a Linux machine even in Chrome. This obviously makes getting treasure harder since the games themselves lag so badly to the point of making them much harder. The colosseum is workable, but the battles are sooooo sloooow...maybe there could be a way to turn the animations off? [/quote] @SystemsReady, I can't comment on the rest but I want to clarify that our games, Fairgrounds and Coliseum, are HTML5 not Flash. The only Flash is the music. If that's causing you problems, turning off the music should fix it.[/quote] Huh. :o Chrome insists there are blocked plugins somewhere, but either way, music on or off, I find that the games + colosseum lag horribly after a few minutes. :[ I wonder if it's the 2 GB of RAM on this machine...
Aequorin wrote on 2014-12-08 08:15:13:
SystemsReady wrote on 2014-12-07 02:20:52:
The colosseum and games are Flash-based, which is hell on a Linux machine even in Chrome. This obviously makes getting treasure harder since the games themselves lag so badly to the point of making them much harder. The colosseum is workable, but the battles are sooooo sloooow...maybe there could be a way to turn the animations off?

@SystemsReady, I can't comment on the rest but I want to clarify that our games, Fairgrounds and Coliseum, are HTML5 not Flash. The only Flash is the music. If that's causing you problems, turning off the music should fix it.

Huh. :o Chrome insists there are blocked plugins somewhere, but either way, music on or off, I find that the games + colosseum lag horribly after a few minutes. :[ I wonder if it's the 2 GB of RAM on this machine...
@SystemsReady, have you tried it in a Windows environment on the same machine? Actually, you know what? If you want to post over in the Bug Report Forum so we can collect some specifics for the devs, we could do that. I can't promise any fix but it never hurts to have more information for the future.
@SystemsReady, have you tried it in a Windows environment on the same machine? Actually, you know what? If you want to post over in the Bug Report Forum so we can collect some specifics for the devs, we could do that. I can't promise any fix but it never hurts to have more information for the future.
@Safirien

Ack, I'm sooo sorry. o u o I misunderstood big time on my part. I apologize! ^.^ I'm sorry I sounded like a jerk...I honestly didn't mean it to come out that way.

And the last thing I quoted was just in general; it wasn't aimed towards you or anything.
@Safirien

Ack, I'm sooo sorry. o u o I misunderstood big time on my part. I apologize! ^.^ I'm sorry I sounded like a jerk...I honestly didn't mean it to come out that way.

And the last thing I quoted was just in general; it wasn't aimed towards you or anything.
[quote name="Arekuru" date="2014-12-05 09:33:20"]I love the filters. Heavy moderation is something I've decided I'm all in favor of if it means strict anti-harassment policies and a site I'm comfortable directing kids and adults to alike. The food bonus is just that, a bonus. Not getting it isn't a punishment; getting it is a reward. I like that it's a nice way to encourage people to log in without penalizing people who don't. It's not like dragons die, after all. And regular feedings make them feel more "alive" to me.[/quote] @Arekuru: I'm all for the strict anti-harrassment policies, so long as they aren't used as carte blanche to harrass people. As far as the language moderation though...maybe this shouldn't be a site you feel comfortable directing kids and adults alike to? This isn't neopets...it's a 13+ site. Teens and adults, yes,
Arekuru wrote on 2014-12-05 09:33:20:
I love the filters. Heavy moderation is something I've decided I'm all in favor of if it means strict anti-harassment policies and a site I'm comfortable directing kids and adults to alike.

The food bonus is just that, a bonus. Not getting it isn't a punishment; getting it is a reward. I like that it's a nice way to encourage people to log in without penalizing people who don't. It's not like dragons die, after all. And regular feedings make them feel more "alive" to me.

@Arekuru: I'm all for the strict anti-harrassment policies, so long as they aren't used as carte blanche to harrass people.

As far as the language moderation though...maybe this shouldn't be a site you feel comfortable directing kids and adults alike to? This isn't neopets...it's a 13+ site. Teens and adults, yes,
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
@Pixar

Ahh, nah man, no worries.
I was just concerned that I had offended you/made you angry or something, I went and clarified the post as well if that helped a tiny bit.
I'm sorry.

xD I figured that about the quote as well, but thought I might as well respond to it too just in case.

\all the clarification/

(Btw I keep noticing that Bell looks awesome with that accent and get out so, nice :3)

@Charaquan
Yess to the teens and adults thing. -agreement-
@Pixar

Ahh, nah man, no worries.
I was just concerned that I had offended you/made you angry or something, I went and clarified the post as well if that helped a tiny bit.
I'm sorry.

xD I figured that about the quote as well, but thought I might as well respond to it too just in case.

\all the clarification/

(Btw I keep noticing that Bell looks awesome with that accent and get out so, nice :3)

@Charaquan
Yess to the teens and adults thing. -agreement-
Lichtdrache.gif

Searching for ID: 701737107
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2014-12-08 10:56:58"]@SystemsReady, have you tried it in a Windows environment on the same machine? Actually, you know what? If you want to post over in the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/bug]Bug Report Forum[/url] so we can collect some specifics for the devs, we could do that. I can't promise any fix but it never hurts to have more information for the future.[/quote] I'll go do that. :> Apologies for the trouble!
Aequorin wrote on 2014-12-08 10:56:58:

I'll go do that. :> Apologies for the trouble!
@Safirien

I'm glad we got things cleared away! And thanks for the compliment! Bell is one of my most precious dragons :3
@Safirien

I'm glad we got things cleared away! And thanks for the compliment! Bell is one of my most precious dragons :3
I do agree the site has its faults (e.g. STOP WITH THE REG WINDOWS), but I still love it all the same :) Improvement can only come about after constructive and positive criticism, which I'm all for. It's important to have a clear distinction, guys.
I do agree the site has its faults (e.g. STOP WITH THE REG WINDOWS), but I still love it all the same :) Improvement can only come about after constructive and positive criticism, which I'm all for. It's important to have a clear distinction, guys.
LRGcw0O.gifnJTGYTQ.pngA0h640T.gif
My gripe; crafting and adventure mode still aren't here yet :'( Adventure mode no longer even shows as coming soon like it used to.
My gripe; crafting and adventure mode still aren't here yet :'( Adventure mode no longer even shows as coming soon like it used to.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10