Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i shouldn't be allowed to name dragons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[b]DID SOMEONE SAY BEES[/b] [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/d187c389570e35b43730489f14f74290/tumblr_n0j6moCAMl1r33xe6o2_500.png[/img]
DID SOMEONE SAY BEES

tumblr_n0j6moCAMl1r33xe6o2_500.png
myriad_pixels_final.gif tumblr_inline_mwnarxpRyn1rbfrbj.png tumblr_mmku31gxWj1s8k4mqo1_100.gif tumblr_inline_mgndxoz9zS1qgc2ta.png tumblr_md4lwrCK0E1qlajmo.gif mini_meulin__free_icon__by_ran_hime-d5kut4i.gif meulin_pixel_art_by_lauralac-d5jlfme.gif nepeta___meulin_ministrife_icon_by_herpyderpos-d7jeh8m.gif tumblr_mcy2wdbQai1qesb9j.png
@Suparrnova

A bit off topic but, as silly as it is and as much fun as you seem to be having I would probably advise against naming dragons after sensitive/offensive jokes and memes. For example, I see you have a dragon in your clan named SherlockFandom. As silly as the joke is, it seems to be in rather mean spirit and I doubt you meant it endearingly.

I don't think its against the rules, so I'm sure you're perfectly within your right to do it. But you do seem to be at high risk of offending somebody or stirring up drama by making unnecessarily rude jokes at others expense. Like, if you bought that dragon from somebody who liked sherlock and they saw you name it something like that they'd probably be upset by it. (unless that was your intention, in which case that would actually be against the rules)

It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me, nor does it seem very nice. I feel like those kinds of jokes should stick to tumblr where they don't have to effect other people, so that we can keep FR a friendly environment for everybody.
@Suparrnova

A bit off topic but, as silly as it is and as much fun as you seem to be having I would probably advise against naming dragons after sensitive/offensive jokes and memes. For example, I see you have a dragon in your clan named SherlockFandom. As silly as the joke is, it seems to be in rather mean spirit and I doubt you meant it endearingly.

I don't think its against the rules, so I'm sure you're perfectly within your right to do it. But you do seem to be at high risk of offending somebody or stirring up drama by making unnecessarily rude jokes at others expense. Like, if you bought that dragon from somebody who liked sherlock and they saw you name it something like that they'd probably be upset by it. (unless that was your intention, in which case that would actually be against the rules)

It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me, nor does it seem very nice. I feel like those kinds of jokes should stick to tumblr where they don't have to effect other people, so that we can keep FR a friendly environment for everybody.
RU_SMALL.gif
I had a pale-coloured fae that I fondly named Toothpaste at one point. There's also Cornchips who's still chilling in my lair.
I had a pale-coloured fae that I fondly named Toothpaste at one point. There's also Cornchips who's still chilling in my lair.
..XD

sixthousandbees is my favorite dragon name I've seen so far. Keep on rockin' the fun names. Someday, I hope to have a Leftfoot and Rightfoot, with offspring named Ankle, Knees, and Elbow. Someday, when I have the space. XD
..XD

sixthousandbees is my favorite dragon name I've seen so far. Keep on rockin' the fun names. Someday, I hope to have a Leftfoot and Rightfoot, with offspring named Ankle, Knees, and Elbow. Someday, when I have the space. XD
I actually made the conscious decision to give all of my dragons six-letter names to make sure that I didn't start naming them things like The Boulder or Fish&Chips.
I actually made the conscious decision to give all of my dragons six-letter names to make sure that I didn't start naming them things like The Boulder or Fish&Chips.
I named my exalt fodder for today MooMooBounce, RoastedButts, and SwimmingDonut instead of using the name generator.
I named my exalt fodder for today MooMooBounce, RoastedButts, and SwimmingDonut instead of using the name generator.
iceh8.png
I named my eyeburning coatl LisaFrank. This thread inspired me. Also, it's a boy dragon. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4093257] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/40933/4093257_350.png[/img] [/url]
I named my eyeburning coatl LisaFrank. This thread inspired me. Also, it's a boy dragon.

4093257_350.png
@Lutnik

Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to be policing dragon names, just because you personally think there might be an OFF chance that someone on this website might see it and be offended? (And that's not even touching the fact that you have to make a conscious decision to be offended by something, especially when the subject isn't remotely insidious)

For starters, none of Suparrnova's dragon names have any sort of slur, or even a curse word. Because I'm sure if that were the case, the admins would have handled it by now.

I can't imagine how Sherlockfandom could possibly be insulting or offensive. Even to people in the fandom. Because it's not like they added in the information box "LOLOL THE SHERLOCK FANDOM IS DUMB LOLOL".

It's also unfair to make preconceived notions about Super's intentions and assume they meant any sort of ill will, when it was quite blatantly meant to be a silly joke and nothing more. If you haven't noticed what this thread is about.

This is meant to be a fun, light-hearted conversation between silly people. We're almost 10 pages in, and so far there hasn't been anything remotely like negativity (that I know of). And none of us came here with the intent to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

So coming to this thread and tossing around blind accusations is- like I said before - ridiculous.
@Lutnik

Don't you think it's a bit ridiculous to be policing dragon names, just because you personally think there might be an OFF chance that someone on this website might see it and be offended? (And that's not even touching the fact that you have to make a conscious decision to be offended by something, especially when the subject isn't remotely insidious)

For starters, none of Suparrnova's dragon names have any sort of slur, or even a curse word. Because I'm sure if that were the case, the admins would have handled it by now.

I can't imagine how Sherlockfandom could possibly be insulting or offensive. Even to people in the fandom. Because it's not like they added in the information box "LOLOL THE SHERLOCK FANDOM IS DUMB LOLOL".

It's also unfair to make preconceived notions about Super's intentions and assume they meant any sort of ill will, when it was quite blatantly meant to be a silly joke and nothing more. If you haven't noticed what this thread is about.

This is meant to be a fun, light-hearted conversation between silly people. We're almost 10 pages in, and so far there hasn't been anything remotely like negativity (that I know of). And none of us came here with the intent to offend or hurt anyone's feelings.

So coming to this thread and tossing around blind accusations is- like I said before - ridiculous.
smwaniqblock.gif
smwanimario1.gif Current goal: None!
@Nefepants

I wasn't trying to accuse anybody of anything, or police dragon names. Like I said they're well within their right to name their dragons whatever they want. It just seemed a little mean spirited to be naming them such things. I wasn't trying to start any drama, just expressing my opinion of the names and why I think they're not such a good idea. :*

Names that try to make fun of something people like or other people aren't very nice or pleasant honestly. I'm not in the Sherlock fandom, but I do think the name is in poor taste. Any sort of names that are trying to take a shot at other people aren't very conducive to a friendly environment.

Maybe I am just making assumptions about that particular name though, and if I am I would love OP to correct me, but currently hating on certain fandoms is a running joke around tumblr right now so I figured that was the origin of its name. If I'm wrong, then everythings fine. But I just don't think laughing at other peoples expense is very nice. That's all I was trying to say. Sorry to bring any negativity to this thread though. I just wanted to express my opinion about it. :v
@Nefepants

I wasn't trying to accuse anybody of anything, or police dragon names. Like I said they're well within their right to name their dragons whatever they want. It just seemed a little mean spirited to be naming them such things. I wasn't trying to start any drama, just expressing my opinion of the names and why I think they're not such a good idea. :*

Names that try to make fun of something people like or other people aren't very nice or pleasant honestly. I'm not in the Sherlock fandom, but I do think the name is in poor taste. Any sort of names that are trying to take a shot at other people aren't very conducive to a friendly environment.

Maybe I am just making assumptions about that particular name though, and if I am I would love OP to correct me, but currently hating on certain fandoms is a running joke around tumblr right now so I figured that was the origin of its name. If I'm wrong, then everythings fine. But I just don't think laughing at other peoples expense is very nice. That's all I was trying to say. Sorry to bring any negativity to this thread though. I just wanted to express my opinion about it. :v
RU_SMALL.gif
MudpieBuilder
TomatoThrower
LittleBoyBlue
Charlie
MouseChaser
MudpieBuilder
TomatoThrower
LittleBoyBlue
Charlie
MouseChaser
riJWshy.png6qRiT6A.png