Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions? Concerns? Discuss!
I agree with @syleye.

If people want smaller lairs and fewer dragons in them, they're free to downsize and sell/exalt their dragons; the only thing stopping them doing so is themselves. If people want bigger ones, especially if they've maxed out, there's literally nothing they can do.

I can't wait for more lairspace and I've not even maxed out.
I agree with @syleye.

If people want smaller lairs and fewer dragons in them, they're free to downsize and sell/exalt their dragons; the only thing stopping them doing so is themselves. If people want bigger ones, especially if they've maxed out, there's literally nothing they can do.

I can't wait for more lairspace and I've not even maxed out.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
The forum search! It does nothing!
All I get is a blank page when I try searching for stuff. What's up with that?
The forum search! It does nothing!
All I get is a blank page when I try searching for stuff. What's up with that?
@Caelidra

It's been disabled and has been for the better part of a year because the server load was too high when it was working.

It's not a bug or anything, it's supposed to do that.

Here's some confirmation of that from the bug report forum for you:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=1140382&p=mb
@Caelidra

It's been disabled and has been for the better part of a year because the server load was too high when it was working.

It's not a bug or anything, it's supposed to do that.

Here's some confirmation of that from the bug report forum for you:

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=bug&id=1140382&p=mb
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
@Greyjoy
Aw man, that's going to make it way harder to find the stuff I'm looking for. Oh well, thanks for replying.
@Greyjoy
Aw man, that's going to make it way harder to find the stuff I'm looking for. Oh well, thanks for replying.
Hey there!

A lot of people are raving about the Golem Gauntlet apparel (myself included!) because it's almost like getting to see your dragon interacting with a familiar.

Any plans to let us have the option of equipping familiars like apparel? :)
Hey there!

A lot of people are raving about the Golem Gauntlet apparel (myself included!) because it's almost like getting to see your dragon interacting with a familiar.

U58SZuw.png
@Danerys I'm not staff, but remember that any apparel addition requires artists to draw it for 24 images (male/female versions of the dragon) so it's not so easy to just want to 'equip' a familiar.

That said, I'm a big fan of 'familiar'/animal-like apparel (the birds, the fairies, this golem) because they hover around the dragon and are not as dependent on the dragon's size/position/etc to look good. So here's to similar things in the future? C:
@Danerys I'm not staff, but remember that any apparel addition requires artists to draw it for 24 images (male/female versions of the dragon) so it's not so easy to just want to 'equip' a familiar.

That said, I'm a big fan of 'familiar'/animal-like apparel (the birds, the fairies, this golem) because they hover around the dragon and are not as dependent on the dragon's size/position/etc to look good. So here's to similar things in the future? C:
__________PDduh6K.png

_— hatchery
__— wishlist
____— tumblr
__V6RpU3i.png
[quote name="@Clocks" date="2014-07-28 06:35:19"]@Danerys I'm not staff, but remember that any apparel addition requires artists to draw it for 24 images (male/female versions of the dragon) so it's not so easy to just want to 'equip' a familiar. That said, I'm a big fan of 'familiar'/animal-like apparel (the birds, the fairies, this golem) because they hover around the dragon and are not as dependent on the dragon's size/position/etc to look good. So here's to similar things in the future? C:[/quote] I realize. That's why I asked the staff.
@Clocks wrote on 2014-07-28 06:35:19:

I realize. That's why I asked the staff.
U58SZuw.png
[quote name="Raera" date="2014-07-25 14:17:54"]@Aequorin @dewclaw Thank you so much Aequiron for your thoughtful and prompt answer. That makes me feel better already. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not talking about additional lair spaces. Even 7 pages is far too unwieldly for me to manage. What I'm suggesting is a way to move the dragons out of the lair without losing them forever. I want a showcase or pasture or sleeping cave. Just someplace to put them out of the way while I don't need them. . Second best would be a way to divide the lair by species or color or breeding status. That would help in a way that additional spaces in the lair would not. I love to breed my dragons and while I understand that the devs would rather have people play games & exalt, my playstyle gets harder and harder to maintain. That makes me sad.[/quote] [br][br] [quote name="Danerys" date="2014-07-27 15:10:31"]Hey there! A lot of people are raving about the Golem Gauntlet apparel (myself included!) because it's almost like getting to see your dragon interacting with a familiar. Any plans to let us have the option of equipping familiars like apparel? :)[/quote] [br] @Raera, @bec, @Danerys, these are something we do not currently have plans for but we're always listening to player feedback. Please feel free to post these ideas in [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=sug]Suggestions![/url]
Raera wrote on 2014-07-25 14:17:54:
@Aequorin
@dewclaw

Thank you so much Aequiron for your thoughtful and prompt answer. That makes me feel better already. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not talking about additional lair spaces. Even 7 pages is far too unwieldly for me to manage. What I'm suggesting is a way to move the dragons out of the lair without losing them forever. I want a showcase or pasture or sleeping cave. Just someplace to put them out of the way while I don't need them. . Second best would be a way to divide the lair by species or color or breeding status. That would help in a way that additional spaces in the lair would not. I love to breed my dragons and while I understand that the devs would rather have people play games & exalt, my playstyle gets harder and harder to maintain. That makes me sad.

Danerys wrote on 2014-07-27 15:10:31:
Hey there!

@Raera, @bec, @Danerys, these are something we do not currently have plans for but we're always listening to player feedback. Please feel free to post these ideas in Suggestions!
@Aequorin

Except posting suggestions does literally nothing. That's been a suggestion for ages.

Do the admins even read/care about the suggestions forum? I'm curious, because it certainly doesn't seem like it.
@Aequorin

Except posting suggestions does literally nothing. That's been a suggestion for ages.

Do the admins even read/care about the suggestions forum? I'm curious, because it certainly doesn't seem like it.
@bec, the most recent installment of Words on the Wind covers our view on Suggestions:

Quote:
We love this forum and the creativity that is consistently coming from it. Your dedication to new ideas and passion for Flight Rising are always a joy to read. We'd like to clear up a little bit of a misconception about the relationship between these posts and what we implement into the game. As much as we try for it, we're not going to be able to add everything that is being asked for. The purpose of this board is for people to get ideas down on paper that they think might be a good fit for Flight Rising, and it is something we read through daily for inspiration. Ultimately, however, there are some ideas that--while awesome in their own right--may not necessarily fit with the style or direction Flight Rising is going.

Feedback is continually welcome! Many of the site's updates and features have used player suggestions as a baseline for inspiration, and fuel for some great inclusions. While some of these weren't exactly how they were depicted in respective threads, they were created to fit into the world and backend framework for Flight Rising.

Don't ever stop letting us know how you feel, because without you, we can't grow and evolve. We'd just like everyone to understand that not everything can make it in, so that everyone can maintain realistic expectations about the Suggestions forum board in regards to site development.

We check suggestions several times a week, and it is much more efficient and likely to get noticed than posting in random topics; it consolidates all the ideas an opinions/variants on that idea in one place where our devs can refer back to them. We are constantly adding new suggestions and ideas to our to-do list, and appreciate having such thought out suggestions and debates provided by our community.
@bec, the most recent installment of Words on the Wind covers our view on Suggestions:

Quote:
We love this forum and the creativity that is consistently coming from it. Your dedication to new ideas and passion for Flight Rising are always a joy to read. We'd like to clear up a little bit of a misconception about the relationship between these posts and what we implement into the game. As much as we try for it, we're not going to be able to add everything that is being asked for. The purpose of this board is for people to get ideas down on paper that they think might be a good fit for Flight Rising, and it is something we read through daily for inspiration. Ultimately, however, there are some ideas that--while awesome in their own right--may not necessarily fit with the style or direction Flight Rising is going.

Feedback is continually welcome! Many of the site's updates and features have used player suggestions as a baseline for inspiration, and fuel for some great inclusions. While some of these weren't exactly how they were depicted in respective threads, they were created to fit into the world and backend framework for Flight Rising.

Don't ever stop letting us know how you feel, because without you, we can't grow and evolve. We'd just like everyone to understand that not everything can make it in, so that everyone can maintain realistic expectations about the Suggestions forum board in regards to site development.

We check suggestions several times a week, and it is much more efficient and likely to get noticed than posting in random topics; it consolidates all the ideas an opinions/variants on that idea in one place where our devs can refer back to them. We are constantly adding new suggestions and ideas to our to-do list, and appreciate having such thought out suggestions and debates provided by our community.