Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *clears throat* Hello, hello - DOMINANCE
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
@Cranberry In order for that to be true, those few hardcore dominance people would have to be the only people "active" in the past month. They still have the same issues as every other flight, such as people not participating in dominance or just plain not being online during it (but still counted as "active"). [quote]It’s dragons per exalted per player active in the last couple of weeks. Dragons per player means that smaller flights have a closer to equal shot as big flights. [/quote] And none of this takes into account all the other benefits a larger flight has that I already mentioned, such as way more reserves of income to dip into (more people), more eyes scanning the AH, etc.
@Cranberry In order for that to be true, those few hardcore dominance people would have to be the only people "active" in the past month. They still have the same issues as every other flight, such as people not participating in dominance or just plain not being online during it (but still counted as "active").
Quote:
It’s dragons per exalted per player active in the last couple of weeks. Dragons per player means that smaller flights have a closer to equal shot as big flights.

And none of this takes into account all the other benefits a larger flight has that I already mentioned, such as way more reserves of income to dip into (more people), more eyes scanning the AH, etc.
Yes, I know, that's what I'm saying.

Earth has 500 people active. A few hardcore dominance people donate 500 dragons total. That's 1 dragon donated per active player.

Wind has 3000 people active. A few hardcore dominance people donate 500 dragons total. That's 1/6 of a dragon donated per active player.

Earth wins. If Wind wanted to compete, they would have to donate 3000 dragons to equal Earth's one dragon per active player. And yes, having a bigger flight means that they have more people who may potentially want to exalt dragons and help win dominance. But in most flights, it's usually a relatively small group actually competing for dominance. A tiny flight with hardcore members can raise that "dragons donated per player" average by a lot.

There's a reason why Earth is always high in the standings even when they're not competing at all -- with just a few people doing normal everyday exalting for cash, they're higher in the "dragons donated per active member" stats than most other flights.
Yes, I know, that's what I'm saying.

Earth has 500 people active. A few hardcore dominance people donate 500 dragons total. That's 1 dragon donated per active player.

Wind has 3000 people active. A few hardcore dominance people donate 500 dragons total. That's 1/6 of a dragon donated per active player.

Earth wins. If Wind wanted to compete, they would have to donate 3000 dragons to equal Earth's one dragon per active player. And yes, having a bigger flight means that they have more people who may potentially want to exalt dragons and help win dominance. But in most flights, it's usually a relatively small group actually competing for dominance. A tiny flight with hardcore members can raise that "dragons donated per player" average by a lot.

There's a reason why Earth is always high in the standings even when they're not competing at all -- with just a few people doing normal everyday exalting for cash, they're higher in the "dragons donated per active member" stats than most other flights.
I disagree that Earth is always high in the standings. Maybe this week, other flights are preparing their own Dominance pushes and are behind on the board. You can't just guess what is happening and then say that's the way it is. Saying "most flights" this and "this many" that, you are just guessing.

Undel and the admins say that it balances it out and makes it "closer to equal" for the smaller flights. If you guys wanna go and imagine up information you don't have access to and say otherwise, that's your prerogative. I fully trust the admins, with all the info they DO have access to, to make it equal.

Again, not meaning to be grumpy, I know text can come off as cold. You guys can get back to your regular conversation, but hopefully anyone who reads our little disagreement can make their own decisions on what to believe.
I disagree that Earth is always high in the standings. Maybe this week, other flights are preparing their own Dominance pushes and are behind on the board. You can't just guess what is happening and then say that's the way it is. Saying "most flights" this and "this many" that, you are just guessing.

Undel and the admins say that it balances it out and makes it "closer to equal" for the smaller flights. If you guys wanna go and imagine up information you don't have access to and say otherwise, that's your prerogative. I fully trust the admins, with all the info they DO have access to, to make it equal.

Again, not meaning to be grumpy, I know text can come off as cold. You guys can get back to your regular conversation, but hopefully anyone who reads our little disagreement can make their own decisions on what to believe.
It's not just guessing when we keep an eye on the dominance standings every week and Earth is high up there -- people on the drama Tumblrs are always assuming Earth is pushing when they're actually not. They were second all last week when Plague was pushing, they were second the week before when Ice was pushing, they're third now when Water and Wind are pushing. But I agree; I think we've all made our points. :)
It's not just guessing when we keep an eye on the dominance standings every week and Earth is high up there -- people on the drama Tumblrs are always assuming Earth is pushing when they're actually not. They were second all last week when Plague was pushing, they were second the week before when Ice was pushing, they're third now when Water and Wind are pushing. But I agree; I think we've all made our points. :)
Next December would be the most ideal time to get more factions entered. New breeds, more users, more changes that could make things a lot more fun. All this is a maybe, of course. Can't say for sure. Lair space might even receive another face lift within the year too.

I could see the Admins working to make December revolve around an all-out Dominance battle too. Lessen the stress on individual users being the voice an entire flight. ( Drama and other bad vibes might get thrown their way! )

Right now I don't see it being the 'epic' battle that it could be. A few flights probably are going to sit out and make it feel like a regular dominance battle.

/two cents
Next December would be the most ideal time to get more factions entered. New breeds, more users, more changes that could make things a lot more fun. All this is a maybe, of course. Can't say for sure. Lair space might even receive another face lift within the year too.

I could see the Admins working to make December revolve around an all-out Dominance battle too. Lessen the stress on individual users being the voice an entire flight. ( Drama and other bad vibes might get thrown their way! )

Right now I don't see it being the 'epic' battle that it could be. A few flights probably are going to sit out and make it feel like a regular dominance battle.

/two cents
siggy.png
Sure next December is ideal, but it's also a year away. Even if just the majority of flights have a go at this it should still be pretty fun.

Next year we'll plan better for December but I don't think that should stop us from trying this out in February. ^^
Sure next December is ideal, but it's also a year away. Even if just the majority of flights have a go at this it should still be pretty fun.

Next year we'll plan better for December but I don't think that should stop us from trying this out in February. ^^
@GryphonStalker

That's what I was thinking too. If nothing else, we could all kind-of try it out on February and approach it more as a "practice run" or something to that effect. o: I don't see the harm in giving it a try in February, even if there's some flights who opt out for whatever the reason. ^^ It'd give everyone a chance to try it out and see where they stand. Sort-of like a warm-up. Then everyone can be even better prepared for the bigger run next December. So then when next December comes around, we'll all be at the absolute top of our game so it will truly be an all-out, all-flight battle. C8
@GryphonStalker

That's what I was thinking too. If nothing else, we could all kind-of try it out on February and approach it more as a "practice run" or something to that effect. o: I don't see the harm in giving it a try in February, even if there's some flights who opt out for whatever the reason. ^^ It'd give everyone a chance to try it out and see where they stand. Sort-of like a warm-up. Then everyone can be even better prepared for the bigger run next December. So then when next December comes around, we'll all be at the absolute top of our game so it will truly be an all-out, all-flight battle. C8
Wouldn't having an all-flight dominance push in February clash with Shadow's holiday? I mean sure, it's generally accepted that the relevant flight for each month's holiday holds dominance during the festival week, but still...
Wouldn't having an all-flight dominance push in February clash with Shadow's holiday? I mean sure, it's generally accepted that the relevant flight for each month's holiday holds dominance during the festival week, but still...
mnhny.png 4fxtl3.png
Most people are leaning toward the second week of February (9th-15th) for just that reason. No ones wants to conflict with Shadow's holiday.
Most people are leaning toward the second week of February (9th-15th) for just that reason. No ones wants to conflict with Shadow's holiday.
Hello every-flight! I've got the word from Light Flight that we will not be fully participating in the All-Flight Dominance Battle. However, we will be pushing for dominance the week prior to your schedule (9th-15th of February), we will likely be pushing to hold dominance the 2nd-8th, so if Earth wants to fight for that week (or if they would rather not take the chance of the cooldown) either way is fine with us!

Happy exalting!

Edit: Fixed up some wording.
Hello every-flight! I've got the word from Light Flight that we will not be fully participating in the All-Flight Dominance Battle. However, we will be pushing for dominance the week prior to your schedule (9th-15th of February), we will likely be pushing to hold dominance the 2nd-8th, so if Earth wants to fight for that week (or if they would rather not take the chance of the cooldown) either way is fine with us!

Happy exalting!

Edit: Fixed up some wording.
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21