Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | {WDPP} The Monster Hunters-Hunger Games
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28
(@Katsuji I appreciate that ^^ And I'm glad! I enjoy rping a lot on other platforms over the years, though this is my first one on FR. Certainly a new experience!)
(@Katsuji I appreciate that ^^ And I'm glad! I enjoy rping a lot on other platforms over the years, though this is my first one on FR. Certainly a new experience!)
QRVupBA.pngdFnwkLI.png7ntZZGM.png0XHtpWy.pngwLurwzJ.pngfdUVIfW.png
LhssI0m.pngzl1ZGZ2.pngrI18gRz.pngwh3Tiip.png0sk2hls.pngNlmYDAS.png
0HBKL8H.png3B15OeM.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12011425][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/120115/12011425_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b]Day 1[/b][/center] Still feeling a little on edge and having missed his chance to call out to the Tundra who'd passed him (she'd vanished by the time he remembered her name), Bruce decided to try and find a way to productively calm down. Nothing drastic seemed to have happened yet, but it always helped to have a base of sorts to return to...and being at the entrance to the territory maybe it would also be helpful to have some supplies left behind for the medics who could come in to help as well! Deciding this was a perfectly reasonable course of action, Bruce spotted a nearby dead-looking tree and got to work shoving the force of his body weight against it so he could break it down for firewood. [center][b]Night 1[/b][/center] @Ajgreelyfan3 Satisfied with the "re-stock" he'd done of the initial supply pile, Bruce finaly felt comfortable enough venturing further into the ruins. His goal was to try and find one of the expidition participants to join up with before actively Shade-hunting, but of course he still kept his eyes and ears peeled for anything suspicious. Luck seemed to be on his side as he caugt traces of what appeared to be Wildclaw markings as well as a flash of green through the darkness. Of course, both Wildclaws on the expidition also both happened to be green, and with the ever present darkness it was hard to tell what shade of green it was exactly. He rather hoped it was the more leafy-looking of the two. He swore he'd seen her before previously, though just couldn't quite put a claw on where... He decided it was probably for the best he didn't call out to them, primarily to not draw extra attention their way, but also to allow himself a chance to catch up and gauge if they were Shade-touched or not...though he has just a second of hindsight to realize sneaking up on a likely extra-alert dragon was probably a very stupid idea before Delta's staff connected with his skull and everything went black. [center][b]Day 2[/b][/center] @EllaCalanie @FinalFlight Bruce felt like he was still seeing stars by the time he woke back up, and reached up a hand to gingerly check the back of his head. No doubt his helmet saved him, though it seemed to have been removed for someone to apply a salve and bandage to the injury. "Could have put it back on," he grumbled, looking around and finding it balanced on a nearby boulder, "What if something else came by in the night?!" Assuming a whole night had passed anyways...it was [i]really[/i] hard to tell the time of day around here, and why he rarely brought trainies to the ruins for any longer than a day expidition. It's just as he secures his helmet back on that he hears a yell and spots the ridgeback loosening her arrow. He doesn't see how she can miss, but he attempts to dodge and bolt anyways and is releived when there isn't another round of pain in his back. He doesn't even turn around to check the screaming that echoes behind him. While his equimpment may have saved his life yesterday, he's starting to think it may also be causing some serious issues considering that's now [i]twice[/i] he's been mis-identified as a Malevolent Spirit. ((Geez, I swear Bruce is much more competant than just running away all the time! [emoji=guardian scared size=1]))
12011425_350.png
Day 1

Still feeling a little on edge and having missed his chance to call out to the Tundra who'd passed him (she'd vanished by the time he remembered her name), Bruce decided to try and find a way to productively calm down. Nothing drastic seemed to have happened yet, but it always helped to have a base of sorts to return to...and being at the entrance to the territory maybe it would also be helpful to have some supplies left behind for the medics who could come in to help as well!

Deciding this was a perfectly reasonable course of action, Bruce spotted a nearby dead-looking tree and got to work shoving the force of his body weight against it so he could break it down for firewood.
Night 1

@Ajgreelyfan3

Satisfied with the "re-stock" he'd done of the initial supply pile, Bruce finaly felt comfortable enough venturing further into the ruins. His goal was to try and find one of the expidition participants to join up with before actively Shade-hunting, but of course he still kept his eyes and ears peeled for anything suspicious.

Luck seemed to be on his side as he caugt traces of what appeared to be Wildclaw markings as well as a flash of green through the darkness. Of course, both Wildclaws on the expidition also both happened to be green, and with the ever present darkness it was hard to tell what shade of green it was exactly. He rather hoped it was the more leafy-looking of the two. He swore he'd seen her before previously, though just couldn't quite put a claw on where...

He decided it was probably for the best he didn't call out to them, primarily to not draw extra attention their way, but also to allow himself a chance to catch up and gauge if they were Shade-touched or not...though he has just a second of hindsight to realize sneaking up on a likely extra-alert dragon was probably a very stupid idea before Delta's staff connected with his skull and everything went black.
Day 2

@EllaCalanie @FinalFlight

Bruce felt like he was still seeing stars by the time he woke back up, and reached up a hand to gingerly check the back of his head. No doubt his helmet saved him, though it seemed to have been removed for someone to apply a salve and bandage to the injury.

"Could have put it back on," he grumbled, looking around and finding it balanced on a nearby boulder, "What if something else came by in the night?!" Assuming a whole night had passed anyways...it was really hard to tell the time of day around here, and why he rarely brought trainies to the ruins for any longer than a day expidition.

It's just as he secures his helmet back on that he hears a yell and spots the ridgeback loosening her arrow. He doesn't see how she can miss, but he attempts to dodge and bolt anyways and is releived when there isn't another round of pain in his back. He doesn't even turn around to check the screaming that echoes behind him.

While his equimpment may have saved his life yesterday, he's starting to think it may also be causing some serious issues considering that's now twice he's been mis-identified as a Malevolent Spirit.

((Geez, I swear Bruce is much more competant than just running away all the time! ))
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
------- [center][b]Salem - Night One[/b] ------- [url= https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3063798/4#post_49258493][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/558815/55881424p.png[/img][/url] ------- [i][/i] [i]As they bask beneath a kaleidoscope of stars, Salem finds newfound peace in the silence of the night. For, after years and years of living in isolation, she has finally found someone to share it with.[/i] ------- From beneath the moon's warm glow, Salem watches as Sanshi sends arrow after arrow gliding over the wall and into the wee hours of the night. Their shadows grazing past tattered stone blocks like majestic spears of the night. Casting her own shadows across these woeful lands, Salem relishes in the silence of nature's song as she weaves two bracelets from blades of grass and cloves of sage. Two distinct rings, dancing together in perfect harmony. [b]…[/b] As they lie side-by-side beneath the moonlight’s glow, Salem slowly counts the stars in a desperate attempt to stay awake. And yet, she can feel her eyes beginning to grow heavier and heavier as each passing second seeps into the next. She begins to lose count, as one star becomes two and two stars become four. Each astral prism blurring beautifully into the rest. [b]...[/b] As they slowly succumb to the shadows of the night, Salem can feel Sanshi's talons glide gently into the crevices of her own. Upon hearing her peaceful breaths being carried by the wind, she slowly turns towards the Ridgeback with an offering of her friendship. She gently unwinds their talons, before swiftly sliding the handmade bracelet onto Sanshi's wrist. So as not to stir her from her peaceful slumber. Gazing up at the stars, she slowly slides the Ridgeback's palm back into her own, before allowing herself to fully drift away. ------- @EllaCalanie -------

Salem - Night One
55881424p.png

As they bask beneath a kaleidoscope of stars, Salem finds newfound peace in the silence of the night. For, after years and years of living in isolation, she has finally found someone to share it with.
From beneath the moon's warm glow, Salem watches as Sanshi sends arrow after arrow gliding over the wall and into the wee hours of the night. Their shadows grazing past tattered stone blocks like majestic spears of the night. Casting her own shadows across these woeful lands, Salem relishes in the silence of nature's song as she weaves two bracelets from blades of grass and cloves of sage. Two distinct rings, dancing together in perfect harmony.

As they lie side-by-side beneath the moonlight’s glow, Salem slowly counts the stars in a desperate attempt to stay awake. And yet, she can feel her eyes beginning to grow heavier and heavier as each passing second seeps into the next. She begins to lose count, as one star becomes two and two stars become four. Each astral prism blurring beautifully into the rest.

As they slowly succumb to the shadows of the night, Salem can feel Sanshi's talons glide gently into the crevices of her own. Upon hearing her peaceful breaths being carried by the wind, she slowly turns towards the Ridgeback with an offering of her friendship. She gently unwinds their talons, before swiftly sliding the handmade bracelet onto Sanshi's wrist. So as not to stir her from her peaceful slumber.

Gazing up at the stars, she slowly slides the Ridgeback's palm back into her own, before allowing herself to fully drift away.
@EllaCalanie
QZsv8ej.png8URelp0.pngsxrFjUf.gif
[center][b]Day 2[/b] Losing..and saving a friend [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67386454][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/673865/67386454_350.png[/img][/url] @FinalFlight Sanshi ran. She ran and ran. What had she done.. She should have practiced more, and she definitely should have made sure her newfound friend was not in her shooting range... What was she thinking? The day had only just begun, and it was a beautiful day. Despite the horrors lurking in the past, Sanshi had been truly happy with the guardian's company. The ridgeback stopped dead in her tracks. She had only tried to protect them both. Protect the world. Why was she running? She could save her friend. And they could together save the world. Sanshi swiftly turned around and took off into the air, flying towards where Salem had collapsed. When she returned to the scene of the incident, Sanshi immediately rushed to Salem. Gasping for air, she sat down at the side of the limp guardian. She hesitantly reached out her paw. "Hey...can you hear me?" [/center]
Day 2
Losing..and saving a friend

67386454_350.png

@FinalFlight

Sanshi ran. She ran and ran. What had she done.. She should have practiced more, and she definitely should have made sure her newfound friend was not in her shooting range... What was she thinking? The day had only just begun, and it was a beautiful day. Despite the horrors lurking in the past, Sanshi had been truly happy with the guardian's company.

The ridgeback stopped dead in her tracks. She had only tried to protect them both. Protect the world. Why was she running? She could save her friend. And they could together save the world. Sanshi swiftly turned around and took off into the air, flying towards where Salem had collapsed.

When she returned to the scene of the incident, Sanshi immediately rushed to Salem. Gasping for air, she sat down at the side of the limp guardian. She hesitantly reached out her paw. "Hey...can you hear me?"
Please ping me in discussion threads, forum games and roleplay! I'm likely not subscribed KKMhEsV.png
Rerolls for dead dragons using Random.org.

(1=death, 2=life)

@chuchus900
RNG results: 2
Moonti lives to fight another day!

@Crystalitar
RNG results: 1
Death! Pasacrea has one extra roll.
Pasacrea has died!
((You are welcome to continue to respond to RP posts as a spectator, either commenting solo or interacting with Xiuhpilli and Spaucklerby, elaborating that she has NOT in fact died but is simply to tired/ill/what-have-you to go on. You are also free to send in support for other dragons in later events! RP and support dragons will be added to your raffle ticket total.))

@Xipher
RNG Results: 1
Lovecraft has died!
((You are welcome to continue to respond to RP posts as a spectator, either commenting solo or interacting with Xiuhpilli and Spaucklerby, elaborating that she has NOT in fact died but is simply to tired/ill/what-have-you to go on. You are also free to send in support for other dragons in later events! RP and support dragons will be added to your raffle ticket total.))

@TwistxdEuphorix
Death! Jeine has an extra roll.
RNG Results: 2
Jeine lives to fight another day!

@FinalFlight
Salem lives to fight another day!

Any unused rolls for dragons who survived have been recorded and will be used as needed later. However, I'm keeping the bribes/lives remaining secret for my part. (If you post in the thread about your donation/support, that's up to you.)

Statuses for all dragons have been updated. No more rescue attempts will be permitted for this round (Day 2), but roleplay catch-ups are allowed. The next lore post will be up shortly (Night 2.)

extra pings snipped
Rerolls for dead dragons using Random.org.

(1=death, 2=life)

@chuchus900
RNG results: 2
Moonti lives to fight another day!

@Crystalitar
Death! Pasacrea has one extra roll.
Pasacrea has died!

@Xipher
Lovecraft has died!

@TwistxdEuphorix
Death! Jeine has an extra roll.
Jeine lives to fight another day!

@FinalFlight
Salem lives to fight another day!

Any unused rolls for dragons who survived have been recorded and will be used as needed later. However, I'm keeping the bribes/lives remaining secret for my part. (If you post in the thread about your donation/support, that's up to you.)

Statuses for all dragons have been updated. No more rescue attempts will be permitted for this round (Day 2), but roleplay catch-ups are allowed. The next lore post will be up shortly (Night 2.)

extra pings snipped
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Pasacrea managed to save Jeine though! That's something :D ------------------- [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62155428][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/621555/62155428_350.png[/img][/url] [i]Her concioussness flickers in and out. She was failing. She failed the others. Failed the nocturne that had saved her, failed the other she helped. She hadn't done anything usefull and would go out in shame. She wondered what she had done wrong. An unsatisfied heavy mind giving in to darkness. ............. ............ ......... Pasacrea gasps awake and jolts upright. Her armor had been laid to the side, together with her hat. She grabs her hat directly, holding it on her head, focusing on the sensation of the hat on her head spines. She blinked a couple of times to completely register where she was. It was a.. tent. Of sorts. Not the typical medical tent, but it seemed to have that function based on the several drinks and vials and tools on some cupboards and next to her makeshift medical bed. The light coming through the fabric around, seemed to suggest it was nearing evening. She was... saved? Also, she was sure this wasn't into the territory of the Shade. Pasacrea goes to put on her breeches first. She calls out.[/i] "Hello? What happened?" [i]Whoever saved her had good intentions right?[/i] [/center] ------------------- @Bxy26
Pasacrea managed to save Jeine though! That's something :D
62155428_350.png

Her concioussness flickers in and out. She was failing. She failed the others. Failed the nocturne that had saved her, failed the other she helped. She hadn't done anything usefull and would go out in shame.

She wondered what she had done wrong. An unsatisfied heavy mind giving in to darkness.

Pasacrea gasps awake and jolts upright. Her armor had been laid to the side, together with her hat. She grabs her hat directly, holding it on her head, focusing on the sensation of the hat on her head spines. She blinked a couple of times to completely register where she was.

It was a.. tent. Of sorts. Not the typical medical tent, but it seemed to have that function based on the several drinks and vials and tools on some cupboards and next to her makeshift medical bed. The light coming through the fabric around, seemed to suggest it was nearing evening.

She was... saved? Also, she was sure this wasn't into the territory of the Shade.
Pasacrea goes to put on her breeches first. She calls out.

"Hello? What happened?"

Whoever saved her had good intentions right?

@Bxy26
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
[center][b]Night 2[/b][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69818344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/698184/69818344p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69264988][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/692650/69264988p.png[/img][/url][/center] As dusk falls, Tamarix makes certain to choose a place that is as un-creepy as possible. It's not easy, but not every alcove contains a ghostly spirit. He finally finds a hiding place that is large enough to be comfortable but small enough to keep larger dragons and predators out. He hears a strange noise and looks out to see the pink Fae walking by, slowly. Walking is an unusual posture for a Fae, so he pokes his head out to ask what's wrong. "I--I think I just killed another dragon. She attacked me, so there wasn't much I could do except defend myself..." The Fae's eyes are wide and staring, his frills plastered to his neck in shock. "Well, you're in no condition to go wandering around like that all night! Come in here." Tamarix gestures to the alcove. Chantilly gratefully slips inside and tries to go sleep. Tamarix watches the Fae warily for a moment. He doesn't really seem Shade-touched...perhaps he truly was attacked first. Still...Tamarix decides to sleep in his armor, just in case. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/28391362][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/283914/28391362p.png[/img][/url][/center] Cherry paces around in a circle. Her life at home wasn't exactly all on the straight and narrow, but she's never experienced such extremes of emotion as she has here. Frightened of her fellow dragons, threatening two massive ones as if she were feral...she paces faster. She wonders if she's losing her mind to the Shade. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49886956][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/498870/49886956p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71996438][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/719965/71996438p.png[/img][/url][/center] Delta approaches the large black Gaoler hesitantly. She's afraid that at any moment the strange-looking dragon might turn out to be another apparition. "Hi." Lune is wary, but she's not in attack mode yet. "You okay?" "Not really." Delta sits where she is, at a safe distance. [i]Safe for her or safe for the Gaoler?[/i] "I think I'm losing my mind." "Oh yeah? So are we all, I think. This place is nuts." Suddenly a massive black Guardian rushes in between them. He seems pretty shaken, and there is a bloody bandage on the back of his head, but he is alive and moving fast. Delta collapses onto her forelimbs in relief. "I didn't kill him..." [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/40083680][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/400837/40083680p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72104861][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/721049/72104861p.png[/img][/url][/center] Nosey has not seen another dragon since early on in the games. He is starting to wonder if he's the only one here. As he flies through a shadow, a massive wave of panic overtakes him. "Help! Nosey frights is!" A few buildings on, Ling steps into that same shadow of fear. Terrified, he bolts. He hears Nosey's cry for help but cannot find him. "Help me, too!" he screams. The two dragons run in panicked circles for several minutes, crying out for help. They hear the other's screams without seeing each other and it only adds to their own fear. Then, as suddenly as the fear came, it is gone. Shaken, and a little embarrassed, they individually decide what to do next. ((These were individual draws, but they were the exact same event and they were right after one another in the sim, so I decided to write them up together.)) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58658526][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/586586/58658526p.png[/img][/url][/center] Fester feels a nagging pain in his leg. He glances down to see a small but deep gash. Wondering which skirmish that came from, he sits down to tend to his wound. He does not remember receiving the injury. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71744949][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/717450/71744949p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60559836][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/605599/60559836p.png[/img][/url][/center] The Gaoler and the Guardian enter the same ruin from opposite directions. They both startle, but slowly relax. "I'm sorry," Tsunami says tiredly. "It's just been such a weird two days. I've seen dragons--including myself--do such strange things..." "Yeah," Spoiling Scorpio grunts. "Like that Nocturne that turned into a bat." "That Tundra who somehow managed to terrify me...and another Guardian, too, I heard." "That Werefae has been sneaking around." "The rumors that this Wildclaw almost killed a Guardian because she though he was a Malevolent Spirit." The two shudder. Tsunami asks, "You want to call it quits for the night? Maybe if we spend the night together, at least we two won't go mad in the morning." "Maybe," the Gaoler grunts. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37025344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/370254/37025344p.png[/img][/url][/center] Asher has never felt so tired in his whole life. It is all he can do to half-drag himself into a ruin and hope that no monster can see him before he passes out from utter exhaustion. He slips into a very dark and dreamless sleep. ((Asher is NOT dead yet. I had to go ahead in the sim to make sure!)) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51605708][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/516058/51605708p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/29013273][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/290133/29013273p.png[/img][/url][/center] Mud hunkers down in a furry heap. This whole fight-the-Shade business would be a lot more fun if there was actual fighting involved. Instead, the Shade seemed more interested in preying on the other dragons' fears, imaginations, and suspicions. He hated it. A Nocturne pokes her head over a stone. "You want some company?" she asks. "It's pretty miserable out here." "I wouldn't mind." He's not sure if the Nocturne can be trusted, but he doesn't want to question her right now. As he drifts off to sleep, he feels her comparatively small claw slide into his. He doesn't mind. Everyone needs companionship sometimes. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64209148][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/642092/64209148p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55691969][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/556920/55691969p.png[/img][/url][/center] Katniss would do a perfunctory search for her companion of the night before, but the rumor is that he was stupid enough to blow himself up. So she scrounges up another Guardian. "Hello. You want someone to watch your back tonight?" Sunshine looks over the Wildclaw. Both Wildclaws in the party were green, unfortunately, so she wasn't sure if this was the one who'd purportedly killed the black Guardian or the other one. "Sure. But you know what they say about people you don't trust." Katniss finds herself snatched up by the Guardian. Before she can protest, Sunshine has her in a tight grapple close to her body. It's not too uncomfortable unless she struggles. "Keep them [i]close[/i]," the Guardian chuckles. [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51334639][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/513347/51334639p.png[/img][/url][/center] Night flies as quickly as he can in the fading light. He hurries to where he had set up shelter the day before. No one seems to have disturbed anything. He is pleased. He settles in for the night. [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59254073][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/592541/59254073p.png[/img][/url][/center] Nytoc decides to take advantage of the darkness to sneak around. Maybe spy on the opponents--maybe take some of them out. The Mirror's brightly colored garments are mostly obscured by the darkness. The darkness grows thicker, so thick that Nytoc can barely see. Suddenly it is cold, very cold. The nearby river makes no sound, as it is frozen over. Nytoc moves more and more slowly, confused, but still putting one foot in front of the other. There is a splash, and the river begins running again. The Mirror is carried away by the current, thrashing wildly. ((Nytoc is "dead", pending rescue)) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69913454][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/699135/69913454p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/12011425][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/120115/12011425p.png[/img][/url][/center] Moonti slowly reassembles his scattered essence. A creature of the night is harder to kill than that...but he also must have had help in order to do it so quickly. He tastes magic in the air. He is still very confused. Another dragon is running toward him. He is afraid. His essence is still too fragile; one small hit could blow him to oblivion again. He throws the first thing he can find--a sword. The large black Guardian collapses a few feet from Moonti. ((Bruce is "dead", pending rescue)) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55881424][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/558815/55881424p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72812546][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/728126/72812546p.png[/img][/url][/center] Salem managed to remove the arrow with Sanshi's help. She's still really sore and in a foul temper. She picks up her broomstick and prepares to mount, but then realizes that it cracked underneath her in her fall. It's split into two pieces. She's about to toss it away when she realizes that the broken ends are quite sharp and might come in handy. She sees something moving in the bushes nearby. She looks carefully before she attacks--no, it is definitely an Infestation Hound. She stabs with her pointy stick. It's not an Infestation Hound. It's a Nocturne. ((Jeine is "dead", pending rescue)) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67386454][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/673865/67386454p.png[/img][/url][/center] Sanshi flies in distressed circles. She's afraid to go near Salem again, even though she really wants to make sure her friend is okay. She's made so many mistakes! She just wants to get out of here. She's finished with this unfair battle of Shade versus dragon. She takes off into the air and flies without stopping. Something massive looms up out of the ruins. It looks like a Malevolent Spirit, but by now she's certain that it's a fellow dragon. "I'm sorry! I didn't meant to hurt anyone!" The Malevolent Spirit is not interested in apologies. It swoops closer, grinning skull, glowing eyes, poisonous breath... ((Sanshi is "dead", pending rescue)) [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/409907374980202508/892971662121795644/waterpumpkin1.2.2.png[/img][/center] And lots of potential death on our hands tonight as well! Here's my thoughts moving forward. Firstly, the Games will go on! Thank you all for being patient with me...this is my first time running a HG sim and I was unaware of how much time it would take! A lot of it is my own fault, adding extra flavor text and allowing for rescues, but you guys are doing a great job keeping up! If at any time you are feeling overwhelmed, PLEASE do not feel obligated to continue the roleplay. You don't have to notify me unless you want to be removed from the pinglist. I'm still going to run the sim to the bitter end, and you will be notified when prizes are drawn. Secondly, obviously the Water Dom push ends in a few hours at rollover. I want to continue allowing rescues, but if you'd prefer to send pure currency rather than fodder, it's totally up to you. All proceeds are still going to the pot, to be split between the Winner, a raffle prize winner, and the Water Dom Bank! Thirdly, since we don't really have any spectators, I am combining the spectator raffle prizes into the participant raffle. I'll update the prize list tomorrow...I want everyone who participates to be able to snag a prize, even if it's just a full stack of food. :) Fourthly, you observant ones may have noticed that one of our secret prizes has been unlocked. Sometimes the RNG just does ridiculous and hilarious things, and I always want to acknowledge that. That's what the secret prizes are for! ((Like, once my character "Searched for Water" every single day, surviving for like 4 days, and then she was eaten by rabid squirrels)) There's not really anything you can do to earn these...it's all the luck of the Games! Finally, let us take a moment of silence for our first death. I'm awarding it to Pasacrea since she was the first one to die in the simulator: [center][quote=First Death] [i]Ye wimp! Who taught you how to fight?[/i] [item=aged carcass]x99 earned by: Pasacrea [/quote] [/center] Honorable mention to Lovecraft. Sorry, horror doctor, but your dreams of experimentation are over. You will be missed. pings snipped
Night 2
69818344p.png 69264988p.png

As dusk falls, Tamarix makes certain to choose a place that is as un-creepy as possible. It's not easy, but not every alcove contains a ghostly spirit. He finally finds a hiding place that is large enough to be comfortable but small enough to keep larger dragons and predators out.
He hears a strange noise and looks out to see the pink Fae walking by, slowly. Walking is an unusual posture for a Fae, so he pokes his head out to ask what's wrong.
"I--I think I just killed another dragon. She attacked me, so there wasn't much I could do except defend myself..." The Fae's eyes are wide and staring, his frills plastered to his neck in shock.
"Well, you're in no condition to go wandering around like that all night! Come in here." Tamarix gestures to the alcove.
Chantilly gratefully slips inside and tries to go sleep. Tamarix watches the Fae warily for a moment. He doesn't really seem Shade-touched...perhaps he truly was attacked first. Still...Tamarix decides to sleep in his armor, just in case.
28391362p.png
Cherry paces around in a circle. Her life at home wasn't exactly all on the straight and narrow, but she's never experienced such extremes of emotion as she has here. Frightened of her fellow dragons, threatening two massive ones as if she were feral...she paces faster. She wonders if she's losing her mind to the Shade.
49886956p.png 71996438p.png
Delta approaches the large black Gaoler hesitantly. She's afraid that at any moment the strange-looking dragon might turn out to be another apparition.
"Hi." Lune is wary, but she's not in attack mode yet. "You okay?"
"Not really." Delta sits where she is, at a safe distance. Safe for her or safe for the Gaoler? "I think I'm losing my mind."
"Oh yeah? So are we all, I think. This place is nuts."
Suddenly a massive black Guardian rushes in between them. He seems pretty shaken, and there is a bloody bandage on the back of his head, but he is alive and moving fast.
Delta collapses onto her forelimbs in relief. "I didn't kill him..."
40083680p.png 72104861p.png
Nosey has not seen another dragon since early on in the games. He is starting to wonder if he's the only one here. As he flies through a shadow, a massive wave of panic overtakes him. "Help! Nosey frights is!"
A few buildings on, Ling steps into that same shadow of fear. Terrified, he bolts. He hears Nosey's cry for help but cannot find him. "Help me, too!" he screams.
The two dragons run in panicked circles for several minutes, crying out for help. They hear the other's screams without seeing each other and it only adds to their own fear. Then, as suddenly as the fear came, it is gone.
Shaken, and a little embarrassed, they individually decide what to do next.
((These were individual draws, but they were the exact same event and they were right after one another in the sim, so I decided to write them up together.))
58658526p.png
Fester feels a nagging pain in his leg. He glances down to see a small but deep gash. Wondering which skirmish that came from, he sits down to tend to his wound. He does not remember receiving the injury.
71744949p.png 60559836p.png
The Gaoler and the Guardian enter the same ruin from opposite directions. They both startle, but slowly relax.
"I'm sorry," Tsunami says tiredly. "It's just been such a weird two days. I've seen dragons--including myself--do such strange things..."
"Yeah," Spoiling Scorpio grunts. "Like that Nocturne that turned into a bat."
"That Tundra who somehow managed to terrify me...and another Guardian, too, I heard."
"That Werefae has been sneaking around."
"The rumors that this Wildclaw almost killed a Guardian because she though he was a Malevolent Spirit."
The two shudder. Tsunami asks, "You want to call it quits for the night? Maybe if we spend the night together, at least we two won't go mad in the morning."
"Maybe," the Gaoler grunts.
37025344p.png
Asher has never felt so tired in his whole life. It is all he can do to half-drag himself into a ruin and hope that no monster can see him before he passes out from utter exhaustion. He slips into a very dark and dreamless sleep.
((Asher is NOT dead yet. I had to go ahead in the sim to make sure!))
51605708p.png 29013273p.png
Mud hunkers down in a furry heap. This whole fight-the-Shade business would be a lot more fun if there was actual fighting involved. Instead, the Shade seemed more interested in preying on the other dragons' fears, imaginations, and suspicions. He hated it.
A Nocturne pokes her head over a stone. "You want some company?" she asks. "It's pretty miserable out here."
"I wouldn't mind." He's not sure if the Nocturne can be trusted, but he doesn't want to question her right now. As he drifts off to sleep, he feels her comparatively small claw slide into his. He doesn't mind. Everyone needs companionship sometimes.
64209148p.png 55691969p.png
Katniss would do a perfunctory search for her companion of the night before, but the rumor is that he was stupid enough to blow himself up. So she scrounges up another Guardian. "Hello. You want someone to watch your back tonight?"
Sunshine looks over the Wildclaw. Both Wildclaws in the party were green, unfortunately, so she wasn't sure if this was the one who'd purportedly killed the black Guardian or the other one. "Sure. But you know what they say about people you don't trust."
Katniss finds herself snatched up by the Guardian. Before she can protest, Sunshine has her in a tight grapple close to her body. It's not too uncomfortable unless she struggles.
"Keep them close," the Guardian chuckles.
51334639p.png
Night flies as quickly as he can in the fading light. He hurries to where he had set up shelter the day before. No one seems to have disturbed anything. He is pleased. He settles in for the night.
59254073p.png
Nytoc decides to take advantage of the darkness to sneak around. Maybe spy on the opponents--maybe take some of them out. The Mirror's brightly colored garments are mostly obscured by the darkness.
The darkness grows thicker, so thick that Nytoc can barely see. Suddenly it is cold, very cold. The nearby river makes no sound, as it is frozen over. Nytoc moves more and more slowly, confused, but still putting one foot in front of the other.
There is a splash, and the river begins running again. The Mirror is carried away by the current, thrashing wildly.
((Nytoc is "dead", pending rescue))
69913454p.png 12011425p.png
Moonti slowly reassembles his scattered essence. A creature of the night is harder to kill than that...but he also must have had help in order to do it so quickly. He tastes magic in the air. He is still very confused. Another dragon is running toward him. He is afraid. His essence is still too fragile; one small hit could blow him to oblivion again. He throws the first thing he can find--a sword.
The large black Guardian collapses a few feet from Moonti.
((Bruce is "dead", pending rescue))
55881424p.png 72812546p.png
Salem managed to remove the arrow with Sanshi's help. She's still really sore and in a foul temper. She picks up her broomstick and prepares to mount, but then realizes that it cracked underneath her in her fall. It's split into two pieces. She's about to toss it away when she realizes that the broken ends are quite sharp and might come in handy.
She sees something moving in the bushes nearby. She looks carefully before she attacks--no, it is definitely an Infestation Hound. She stabs with her pointy stick.
It's not an Infestation Hound. It's a Nocturne.
((Jeine is "dead", pending rescue))
67386454p.png
Sanshi flies in distressed circles. She's afraid to go near Salem again, even though she really wants to make sure her friend is okay. She's made so many mistakes! She just wants to get out of here. She's finished with this unfair battle of Shade versus dragon.
She takes off into the air and flies without stopping. Something massive looms up out of the ruins. It looks like a Malevolent Spirit, but by now she's certain that it's a fellow dragon.
"I'm sorry! I didn't meant to hurt anyone!"
The Malevolent Spirit is not interested in apologies. It swoops closer, grinning skull, glowing eyes, poisonous breath...
((Sanshi is "dead", pending rescue))
waterpumpkin1.2.2.png

And lots of potential death on our hands tonight as well! Here's my thoughts moving forward.
Firstly, the Games will go on!
Thank you all for being patient with me...this is my first time running a HG sim and I was unaware of how much time it would take! A lot of it is my own fault, adding extra flavor text and allowing for rescues, but you guys are doing a great job keeping up!
If at any time you are feeling overwhelmed, PLEASE do not feel obligated to continue the roleplay. You don't have to notify me unless you want to be removed from the pinglist. I'm still going to run the sim to the bitter end, and you will be notified when prizes are drawn.

Secondly, obviously the Water Dom push ends in a few hours at rollover. I want to continue allowing rescues, but if you'd prefer to send pure currency rather than fodder, it's totally up to you. All proceeds are still going to the pot, to be split between the Winner, a raffle prize winner, and the Water Dom Bank!

Thirdly, since we don't really have any spectators, I am combining the spectator raffle prizes into the participant raffle. I'll update the prize list tomorrow...I want everyone who participates to be able to snag a prize, even if it's just a full stack of food. :)

Fourthly, you observant ones may have noticed that one of our secret prizes has been unlocked. Sometimes the RNG just does ridiculous and hilarious things, and I always want to acknowledge that. That's what the secret prizes are for! ((Like, once my character "Searched for Water" every single day, surviving for like 4 days, and then she was eaten by rabid squirrels)) There's not really anything you can do to earn these...it's all the luck of the Games!

Finally, let us take a moment of silence for our first death. I'm awarding it to Pasacrea since she was the first one to die in the simulator:
First Death wrote:
Ye wimp! Who taught you how to fight?
Aged Carcass x99
earned by: Pasacrea
Honorable mention to Lovecraft. Sorry, horror doctor, but your dreams of experimentation are over. You will be missed.

pings snipped
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[center][b]Night 2[/b][/center] [center]Participant - Mud[/center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51605708][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/516058/51605708_350.png[/img][/url] Mud settles into a hollow beneath a rock. The past days have been bizarre, concerning, and somehow still boring. The boring part comes from the fact that he still hasn't fought anything, although he doubts it'll stay that way for much longer. Watching from the shadows, he has seen dragons becoming increasingly erratic, behaving in strange ways. He is getting tired of the mind games the shade seems to be playing, he enjoys using mind games not being involved in them. He is just hunkering down to sleep when a nocturne pokes her head over the rock, asking if he wants some company. He doesn't know her well but he can't smell the shade on her. Mud doesn't like crowds but he enjoys company in small numbers, and it's nice to have a companion in times like this. He tries to ignore the pit in his stomach as he curls around the nocturne and slides farther under the rock. (@MarinaQuakenbush briefly mentioned your derg, feel free to do the same with mine, I didn't do dialogue but you can if you want)
Night 2
Participant - Mud
51605708_350.png
Mud settles into a hollow beneath a rock. The past days have been bizarre, concerning, and somehow still boring. The boring part comes from the fact that he still hasn't fought anything, although he doubts it'll stay that way for much longer. Watching from the shadows, he has seen dragons becoming increasingly erratic, behaving in strange ways. He is getting tired of the mind games the shade seems to be playing, he enjoys using mind games not being involved in them. He is just hunkering down to sleep when a nocturne pokes her head over the rock, asking if he wants some company. He doesn't know her well but he can't smell the shade on her. Mud doesn't like crowds but he enjoys company in small numbers, and it's nice to have a companion in times like this. He tries to ignore the pit in his stomach as he curls around the nocturne and slides farther under the rock.
(@MarinaQuakenbush briefly mentioned your derg, feel free to do the same with mine, I didn't do dialogue but you can if you want)
jpq0y2I.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/29013273][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/290133/29013273_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Akasha saw a werewolf-esque dragon and even though she usually had a distaste for anything furry, she felt herself immediately drawn to it. 'Look at that fuzzy beast of a dragon! It must be so soft and warm!' And then without thinking, she instinctively reached out her claw to touch it. "Would you like some company?" Akasha asks, and before the fuzzy dragon has a chance to reply, she nestles down beside him. Akasha didn't realize how lonely she'd been, and this soft fur was so comforting. She quickly fell asleep thinking that maybe werewolf dragons weren't as terrible as she had thought, which was hard to admit as a proud vampire dragon... @Umaroth Same here, feel free to mention her or do dialogue! :) @TwistxdEuphorix I can't do it tonight as I have more work to do, but if you still need someone to rescue Jeine tomorrow, I think I can do that!
29013273_350.png

Akasha saw a werewolf-esque dragon and even though she usually had a distaste for anything furry, she felt herself immediately drawn to it. 'Look at that fuzzy beast of a dragon! It must be so soft and warm!' And then without thinking, she instinctively reached out her claw to touch it. "Would you like some company?" Akasha asks, and before the fuzzy dragon has a chance to reply, she nestles down beside him. Akasha didn't realize how lonely she'd been, and this soft fur was so comforting. She quickly fell asleep thinking that maybe werewolf dragons weren't as terrible as she had thought, which was hard to admit as a proud vampire dragon...

@Umaroth Same here, feel free to mention her or do dialogue! :)

@TwistxdEuphorix I can't do it tonight as I have more work to do, but if you still need someone to rescue Jeine tomorrow, I think I can do that!
'blue smedium banner
(I will be holding off further posts unless replies are needed for those I got to be involved. That being said, the 'good' doctor has passed, but her twisted heart watches on over those she has encountered. @Selah @Snallygaster @Tenrecidae I'll be sending coin for a bonus rescue for Nytoc, Chantilly and Lune. [I]The experiment is far from over...[I] A 'new' face will be entering the sidelines, both to act as a stand-in spectator for the dead Lovecraft, and to give some Spectator rp if any would wish, including current losses @Crystalitar !) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/33866742][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/338668/33866742_350.png[/img][/url] [b]The Sidelines[/b] A delicate claw nudged glasses higher on the bridge of her beak with a long drawn out sigh. With the loss of her ex-student, one would think there was little reason for Hope to remain. Yet remain she does, watching from afar as piteous souls battled the great evil present. "May the Greats be with you all," she muttered for no-one to hear. Hired on to tend to the injured who could no longer proceed with their trial, she took time to prepare those who were forced to retire, setup in a tent just outside the limits with what surveillance equipment was available on hand. It was here some of the spectators could recover from their wounds, chatter with the trained healer, and watch those they'd come to love and hate continue the fight in their stead. Hearing a voice call out from one of the recovery tents, the female Skydancer sighed, affixed her glasses, and poked her head in just as Pasacrea was getting dressed. "Careful now," a rather gentle voice of the healer chimed in response. "You're still hurt. Take it slow."[/center]
(I will be holding off further posts unless replies are needed for those I got to be involved. That being said, the 'good' doctor has passed, but her twisted heart watches on over those she has encountered.

@Selah @Snallygaster @Tenrecidae
I'll be sending coin for a bonus rescue for Nytoc, Chantilly and Lune. The experiment is far from over...

A 'new' face will be entering the sidelines, both to act as a stand-in spectator for the dead Lovecraft, and to give some Spectator rp if any would wish, including current losses @Crystalitar !)

33866742_350.png

The Sidelines

A delicate claw nudged glasses higher on the bridge of her beak with a long drawn out sigh. With the loss of her ex-student, one would think there was little reason for Hope to remain. Yet remain she does, watching from afar as piteous souls battled the great evil present.

"May the Greats be with you all," she muttered for no-one to hear. Hired on to tend to the injured who could no longer proceed with their trial, she took time to prepare those who were forced to retire, setup in a tent just outside the limits with what surveillance equipment was available on hand.

It was here some of the spectators could recover from their wounds, chatter with the trained healer, and watch those they'd come to love and hate continue the fight in their stead.

Hearing a voice call out from one of the recovery tents, the female Skydancer sighed, affixed her glasses, and poked her head in just as Pasacrea was getting dressed.

"Careful now," a rather gentle voice of the healer chimed in response. "You're still hurt. Take it slow."
QRVupBA.pngdFnwkLI.png7ntZZGM.png0XHtpWy.pngwLurwzJ.pngfdUVIfW.png
LhssI0m.pngzl1ZGZ2.pngrI18gRz.pngwh3Tiip.png0sk2hls.pngNlmYDAS.png
0HBKL8H.png3B15OeM.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27 28