Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [FIREDOM] Blasterchef Signups
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62393541][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/623936/62393541_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] Day two. Diesel was more than ready. He knew he had to pull out all the stops to try and please all the judges, no matter their preferences and skills. He also knew he had to push as hard as he could to beat out the other chefs. The Imp really wasnt sure why he was getting so into this as he honestly much preferred working with his tools and such. Maybe it was because he had a chance to use both his tinkering skills and his cooking skills. After all, they didn't seem to mind too much on his oven conversion. Diesel was starting to get a bit nervous now that it was about his time to start cooking, but that melted away when he was given which dish to make. Roast Chicken. This was perfect. He didn't even need to convert anything else in the kitchen for this. The timer started, and he raced to get his ingredients. Diesel made sure not to skimp on the seasons and made some slight modifications to hopefully please the less "feral" crowd (unlike his clanmates). Diesel slide the chicken whole onto the pole and began to roast it within the flames of the modified oven at his station. He decided it would be good to get some vegetables going as well, picking an odd assortment of pumpkin, potato, carrots and beans. This was something he often did when surviving out in the wilderness and making due with what he had. He hoped by the end, he could take some leftovers home with him for the night for his own dinner. This dish took the Imp a little longer than he expected and was just barley able to plate the entire chicken meal. The feedback came back great! He could not have been happier, but he knew he was not in the clear yet. Even though he got the highest score so far, he could not let it get to his head. Anything and everything could go wrong in the days to follow and who knows which dish would come his way. Later that night after the event, he left with a little spring in his step, which was met by jests from his clanmates. This, however, did not seem to even phase him for once.
62393541_350.png
Day two. Diesel was more than ready. He knew he had to pull out all the stops to try and please all the judges, no matter their preferences and skills. He also knew he had to push as hard as he could to beat out the other chefs.

The Imp really wasnt sure why he was getting so into this as he honestly much preferred working with his tools and such. Maybe it was because he had a chance to use both his tinkering skills and his cooking skills. After all, they didn't seem to mind too much on his oven conversion.

Diesel was starting to get a bit nervous now that it was about his time to start cooking, but that melted away when he was given which dish to make. Roast Chicken. This was perfect. He didn't even need to convert anything else in the kitchen for this.

The timer started, and he raced to get his ingredients. Diesel made sure not to skimp on the seasons and made some slight modifications to hopefully please the less "feral" crowd (unlike his clanmates). Diesel slide the chicken whole onto the pole and began to roast it within the flames of the modified oven at his station.

He decided it would be good to get some vegetables going as well, picking an odd assortment of pumpkin, potato, carrots and beans. This was something he often did when surviving out in the wilderness and making due with what he had. He hoped by the end, he could take some leftovers home with him for the night for his own dinner.

This dish took the Imp a little longer than he expected and was just barley able to plate the entire chicken meal.

The feedback came back great! He could not have been happier, but he knew he was not in the clear yet. Even though he got the highest score so far, he could not let it get to his head. Anything and everything could go wrong in the days to follow and who knows which dish would come his way.

Later that night after the event, he left with a little spring in his step, which was met by jests from his clanmates. This, however, did not seem to even phase him for once.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
(btw the score add-up for me says i scored 22 but the individual numbers add up to 10) [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/37028655][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=37028655&skin=0&apparel=29246,32982,3542,3285,12191,12904&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Tigri wasn't surprised that a picky food critic wouldn't appreciate good, solid food. He was rather mollified by Latona's comment, pleased to have once more made a dish she liked. After all, the only thing more valuable than the opinion of a food critic is the opinion of a normal person. As he scrubbed hardened cheese off the pan, he couldn't help but let his mind wander to some of the other contestants - specifically, their outfits. Some of them seemed incredibly put-together, while others seemed to have just thrown on whatever was clean that morning. Some of them were dressed for cooking, while others were dressed for comfort. He knew that, often, what one wore could influence others' opinions. He wondered what the other contestants thought when they saw his outfit. Did they think he was boring? Could they tell how much thought he put into it? Did his scarf read as careless or deliberate? Did they think his tail bow was silly, unnecessary, or characterful? If he had dressed differently, would he have gotten a better score? By the time he finished cleaning his station, he had decided that not only did the judges think he was sloppy because of his outit, but that the fact that his spare herb bundle wasn't in a matching color palette to anything else he was wearing had subconsiously influenced them to give him a lower score. He spent an hour agonizing over ways to spice up his outfit as he wandered the festival, but by the time he went home had come right back around to where he started and decided that a simple, professional chef's jacket was the way to go. He stopped in to ask [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41937952]Maggie[/url] to brew him up one for the next day, and she gave him an absentminded claw up before going back to recounting her reagents.
(btw the score add-up for me says i scored 22 but the individual numbers add up to 10)
dragon?did=37028655&skin=0&apparel=29246,32982,3542,3285,12191,12904&xt=dressing.png

Tigri wasn't surprised that a picky food critic wouldn't appreciate good, solid food. He was rather mollified by Latona's comment, pleased to have once more made a dish she liked. After all, the only thing more valuable than the opinion of a food critic is the opinion of a normal person.

As he scrubbed hardened cheese off the pan, he couldn't help but let his mind wander to some of the other contestants - specifically, their outfits. Some of them seemed incredibly put-together, while others seemed to have just thrown on whatever was clean that morning. Some of them were dressed for cooking, while others were dressed for comfort. He knew that, often, what one wore could influence others' opinions. He wondered what the other contestants thought when they saw his outfit. Did they think he was boring? Could they tell how much thought he put into it? Did his scarf read as careless or deliberate? Did they think his tail bow was silly, unnecessary, or characterful?

If he had dressed differently, would he have gotten a better score?

By the time he finished cleaning his station, he had decided that not only did the judges think he was sloppy because of his outit, but that the fact that his spare herb bundle wasn't in a matching color palette to anything else he was wearing had subconsiously influenced them to give him a lower score. He spent an hour agonizing over ways to spice up his outfit as he wandered the festival, but by the time he went home had come right back around to where he started and decided that a simple, professional chef's jacket was the way to go. He stopped in to ask Maggie to brew him up one for the next day, and she gave him an absentminded claw up before going back to recounting her reagents.
transgender.pngTkQY47D.pngAromantic.pngfsMWPHj.pnggenderqueer.pnga9etaNf.gifKNAvkWg.pngdaily_candles.pngKJF0pqy.gif
Not as great as yesterday but not horrible either! Vihan lets out a sign of relief while he tidy ups his station. Perhaps it was a bad idea to try to appeal to Aion? It seems like his normal cooking style works well with the other two judges, better not change it next time.

Once Vihan is done cleaning his table, he turns a critical eye to his clothes. His wrap is covered in spices and spatters of melted butter, clearly not the best piece of clothing to cook in. Despite it not being very suitable, Vihan couldn’t bring himself to wear something different. The herald’s wrap is the only thing he has left of his past, it was his only possession before he was taken in by his clan and now, it’s his most prized possession. It’s Vihan’s lucky item that he’ll always wear, although, he concedes, he could spare a few minutes of misfortune in order to wash it later.
Not as great as yesterday but not horrible either! Vihan lets out a sign of relief while he tidy ups his station. Perhaps it was a bad idea to try to appeal to Aion? It seems like his normal cooking style works well with the other two judges, better not change it next time.

Once Vihan is done cleaning his table, he turns a critical eye to his clothes. His wrap is covered in spices and spatters of melted butter, clearly not the best piece of clothing to cook in. Despite it not being very suitable, Vihan couldn’t bring himself to wear something different. The herald’s wrap is the only thing he has left of his past, it was his only possession before he was taken in by his clan and now, it’s his most prized possession. It’s Vihan’s lucky item that he’ll always wear, although, he concedes, he could spare a few minutes of misfortune in order to wash it later.
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/10142190][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/101422/10142190_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [i]Bouillabaisse[/i], Quartz read. She glanced up at the judges--[i]were they mocking her?[/i]--and headed back to her booth, shaking her head. At least she had a little more time today, since this was supposed to be a main dish. And of course it would have to be a long-simmered fish stew. She hurried off to the food storage and dug through the replenished ice, but none of the fish she could find was quite correct. "Looking for something?" [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62746138][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/627462/62746138_350.png[/img][/url][/center] An elegant Pearlcatcher stood behind her, carrying a string bag with fish and seafood that had plainly been caught just that morning in the Sea of the Thousand Currents. [center][item=rainbow trout][item=smallmouth bass][item=hardwater loach][item=marbled hatchetfish] [item=clown shrimp][item=shadowmist oysters][item=snowflake urchin][/center] "Thank you!" she said, accepting the bag. "And you are..." she had already guessed what he was going to say. "I'm Cypress. Aoide sent me. She thought you could use a little extra help, if Kashell didn't work out." "It wasn't exactly his fault," Quartz corrected. "But I'd be happy to use the assistance if you are willing." "Erm...sure. I need a job, if I'm going to be sticking around." Quartz led the young Pearlcatcher back to her station, and showed him how to prepare the fish. She let him take care of the nasty work while she started the broth to boiling: onions, celery, tomatoes, and a bouquet garni that she carefully concocted from her herb stash. [i]Fennel, saffron, basil, and a little thyme.[/i] She hummed happily to herself as she cleaned up the herbs. This was the part she knew well how to do. They slid the fish one by one into the broth, and let it simmer while they shelled the mussels, cleaned the shrimp, and gathered the roe from the urchins. Quartz fried the roe separately, and used it as the grease to create a thin roux, which she slowly stirred into the stew. "If I liked fish, this would be smelling really good by now," she commented. Her companion looked a little green around the gills. "Indeed," he murmured. Suddenly he keeled over, knocking over the salt cellar with his tail. The entire pot dumped into the stew, to Quartz' deep horror. But first things first. She bent over her companion. Observing the beginnings of hives around his front claws and mouth, she quickly called for help. A stout Guardian nearby helped her carry him far from the proceedings, where she eased the rash and cleared up his labored breathing. Quartzite appeared out of nowhere. "I'll watch him, now that he's out of danger. You'd best get your dish ready; they've already called the first contestant." Quartz rushed back to her booth. The soup was perfect--or would have been, without the salt mishap. She groaned, and added a little more boiling water in an attempt to dilute it somewhat. The better solution would have been to add potatoes, but there wasn't enough time for them to cook. Her number was being called to the staging area. She quickly and carefully arranged the bowls on her tray and hurried to the stage. ----- "I'm sorry," Cypress groaned. "I never would have done such a thing on purpose." "Don't worry about that, dear," Quartz said. "You didn't know you were severely allergic to mussels." "With that much of a reaction, I probably shouldn't be the clan cook," the Pearlcatcher sighed. Quartz thought about the massive number of mussels that streamed into the clan's pantry on a daily basis. "No, you probably shouldn't," she agreed. "Still, you were very good with your claws, and you did an excellent job cutting up those fish. Perhaps there's another hands-on task we can find for you back home." "I hope so."
10142190_350.png

Bouillabaisse, Quartz read. She glanced up at the judges--were they mocking her?--and headed back to her booth, shaking her head. At least she had a little more time today, since this was supposed to be a main dish. And of course it would have to be a long-simmered fish stew.

She hurried off to the food storage and dug through the replenished ice, but none of the fish she could find was quite correct.

"Looking for something?"
62746138_350.png

An elegant Pearlcatcher stood behind her, carrying a string bag with fish and seafood that had plainly been caught just that morning in the Sea of the Thousand Currents.
Rainbow Trout Smallmouth Bass Hardwater Loach Marbled Hatchetfish
Clown Shrimp Shadowmist Oysters Snowflake Urchin

"Thank you!" she said, accepting the bag. "And you are..." she had already guessed what he was going to say.

"I'm Cypress. Aoide sent me. She thought you could use a little extra help, if Kashell didn't work out."

"It wasn't exactly his fault," Quartz corrected. "But I'd be happy to use the assistance if you are willing."

"Erm...sure. I need a job, if I'm going to be sticking around."

Quartz led the young Pearlcatcher back to her station, and showed him how to prepare the fish. She let him take care of the nasty work while she started the broth to boiling: onions, celery, tomatoes, and a bouquet garni that she carefully concocted from her herb stash. Fennel, saffron, basil, and a little thyme. She hummed happily to herself as she cleaned up the herbs. This was the part she knew well how to do.

They slid the fish one by one into the broth, and let it simmer while they shelled the mussels, cleaned the shrimp, and gathered the roe from the urchins. Quartz fried the roe separately, and used it as the grease to create a thin roux, which she slowly stirred into the stew.

"If I liked fish, this would be smelling really good by now," she commented.

Her companion looked a little green around the gills. "Indeed," he murmured. Suddenly he keeled over, knocking over the salt cellar with his tail. The entire pot dumped into the stew, to Quartz' deep horror.

But first things first. She bent over her companion. Observing the beginnings of hives around his front claws and mouth, she quickly called for help. A stout Guardian nearby helped her carry him far from the proceedings, where she eased the rash and cleared up his labored breathing.

Quartzite appeared out of nowhere. "I'll watch him, now that he's out of danger. You'd best get your dish ready; they've already called the first contestant."

Quartz rushed back to her booth. The soup was perfect--or would have been, without the salt mishap. She groaned, and added a little more boiling water in an attempt to dilute it somewhat. The better solution would have been to add potatoes, but there wasn't enough time for them to cook. Her number was being called to the staging area. She quickly and carefully arranged the bowls on her tray and hurried to the stage.

"I'm sorry," Cypress groaned. "I never would have done such a thing on purpose."

"Don't worry about that, dear," Quartz said. "You didn't know you were severely allergic to mussels."

"With that much of a reaction, I probably shouldn't be the clan cook," the Pearlcatcher sighed.

Quartz thought about the massive number of mussels that streamed into the clan's pantry on a daily basis. "No, you probably shouldn't," she agreed. "Still, you were very good with your claws, and you did an excellent job cutting up those fish. Perhaps there's another hands-on task we can find for you back home."

"I hope so."
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Claim.
Claim.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
Una looks down at her clothes, lulling at the ribbon of her apron. After the judges had finished scoring all the competitors, Una had dug into her own concoction for the day, and she had been....quite messy. Her special baby back rib sauce had gotten everywhere on her apron while she made and then later ate them. That’s what aprons are for, and Una isn’t a tidy cook. “Organized chaos” is what her friends describe her as—she makes a mess but cleans as she goes. She doesn’t hold back when prepping and cooking her dishes, which is why she has a row of aprons and chef's coats at home. Here at the festival she brought one of both. Seeing so many other cooks and bakers all at once in the same area gives Una some inspiration for her own look, but once she’s done scrubbing down her station’s counter—the last step—she’s forgotten her spiffy outfit ideas. Una dresses practically for her kitchen, not including her pretty pink bow. That’s just FashionTM.

Not Found
Una looks down at her clothes, lulling at the ribbon of her apron. After the judges had finished scoring all the competitors, Una had dug into her own concoction for the day, and she had been....quite messy. Her special baby back rib sauce had gotten everywhere on her apron while she made and then later ate them. That’s what aprons are for, and Una isn’t a tidy cook. “Organized chaos” is what her friends describe her as—she makes a mess but cleans as she goes. She doesn’t hold back when prepping and cooking her dishes, which is why she has a row of aprons and chef's coats at home. Here at the festival she brought one of both. Seeing so many other cooks and bakers all at once in the same area gives Una some inspiration for her own look, but once she’s done scrubbing down her station’s counter—the last step—she’s forgotten her spiffy outfit ideas. Una dresses practically for her kitchen, not including her pretty pink bow. That’s just FashionTM.

Not Found
nY6wW9G.gif fpqmTQ7.pngWurSB3C.gif
Day 3

The main course dish I wasn't expecting to be making a main course so early on in the competition I thought maybe our next round would be a soup, which funny enough some of my opponents made as a main course. I need to stay focused make my decision of what to cook and execute a perfect plate so I can do better than yesterday. The goal here is to keep improving and impressing the judges so I might get lucky and take home first place. Glancing around the Blasterchef tent all of my competition seemed busy with their own preparations and I was still unsure of where to even start. I took a risk yesterday with the fried cinder creeper poppers I should play it safe today and not go so far into the realm of unique and untested recipes. Chicken that should be safe but also getting the cook on it just right is a challenge, now how to prepare it. Chicken enchiladas, chicken pot pie, southern fried chicken no that's automaticly out Aion would hate it not healthy enough. Baked chicken, stuffed chicken breast, hmmmm what will wow all three judges. I've got it a grilled chicken burger with all the fixings. Sliced tomatoes red onion dill pickles and lettuce, veggies and grilling should please Aion the fact I'm serving a nice piece of meat should please Raith and I'll bake my own brioche bun which should please Nassau. Whipping up a tasty aioli sauce and a thin slice of Munster cheese should complete the burger nicely. Now what to serve as a side dish certainly not french fries stay with a healthier theme coleslaw should do the trick. Just as I was putting the finishing touch on my dish Latona announced it was my turn for the judging. Yes my strategy paid off but Nassau didn't even notice mention or care I baked the brioche bun and Aion must not have liked the coleslaw but definitely appreciated the healthier preparation on the chicken. Such an exciting turn of events I came out of today's judging with the second highest score of the day. An impressive 26 points including a perfect 10 from Raith. I may not have been able to make my signature roast leg of lamb, but I definitely made a nice choice by making chicken burgers. I hope I can continue to do well in that regard. Watching the remaining contestants taking notes on what the judges liked and disliked about each anything to give me a slight edge for the next round of cooking. I better clean up my station before I get on Latona's bad side I don't know if she has the power to disqualify a contestant or not but I don't want to find out. After another long day I was exhausted and ready for a good nights sleep and dreams of what is yet to come and winning the Blasterchef competition.
Day 3

The main course dish I wasn't expecting to be making a main course so early on in the competition I thought maybe our next round would be a soup, which funny enough some of my opponents made as a main course. I need to stay focused make my decision of what to cook and execute a perfect plate so I can do better than yesterday. The goal here is to keep improving and impressing the judges so I might get lucky and take home first place. Glancing around the Blasterchef tent all of my competition seemed busy with their own preparations and I was still unsure of where to even start. I took a risk yesterday with the fried cinder creeper poppers I should play it safe today and not go so far into the realm of unique and untested recipes. Chicken that should be safe but also getting the cook on it just right is a challenge, now how to prepare it. Chicken enchiladas, chicken pot pie, southern fried chicken no that's automaticly out Aion would hate it not healthy enough. Baked chicken, stuffed chicken breast, hmmmm what will wow all three judges. I've got it a grilled chicken burger with all the fixings. Sliced tomatoes red onion dill pickles and lettuce, veggies and grilling should please Aion the fact I'm serving a nice piece of meat should please Raith and I'll bake my own brioche bun which should please Nassau. Whipping up a tasty aioli sauce and a thin slice of Munster cheese should complete the burger nicely. Now what to serve as a side dish certainly not french fries stay with a healthier theme coleslaw should do the trick. Just as I was putting the finishing touch on my dish Latona announced it was my turn for the judging. Yes my strategy paid off but Nassau didn't even notice mention or care I baked the brioche bun and Aion must not have liked the coleslaw but definitely appreciated the healthier preparation on the chicken. Such an exciting turn of events I came out of today's judging with the second highest score of the day. An impressive 26 points including a perfect 10 from Raith. I may not have been able to make my signature roast leg of lamb, but I definitely made a nice choice by making chicken burgers. I hope I can continue to do well in that regard. Watching the remaining contestants taking notes on what the judges liked and disliked about each anything to give me a slight edge for the next round of cooking. I better clean up my station before I get on Latona's bad side I don't know if she has the power to disqualify a contestant or not but I don't want to find out. After another long day I was exhausted and ready for a good nights sleep and dreams of what is yet to come and winning the Blasterchef competition.
wishlist
Pumpkin’s probably my least favourite ingredient right now, Pumpkin thought bitterly at the end of the competition. He had made pepperoni pizza, after decided that steak was too hard to pull off, but for some reason, he had absent-mindedly placed pumpkin in it. It was a hit with Raith, a big relief for the nervous Gaoler, but did less well wit Nassau and Aion. Like what Latona said, he should probably stop randomly sprinkling pumpkin on all his dishes.

Some of the participants stayed back to clean up their stations. Pumpkin was one of them. As he was busy scrubbing the surface of his workbench, he caught sight of Raith, eyeing everyone disdainfully. He must be such a professional chef, he thought dreamily. If only I was one too...

His mind wandered deep into his imagination. What if he was a professional chef, well-known across Sornieth? He would stay the same as he look, probably. After all, Gaolers like him couldn’t wear modern apparel, so they’ll have to make do. But what if he was a modern breed? He liked being a Gaoler, but hypothetically, what if he was breed changed, into say, a Wildclaw?

He would wear a kitchen apron, and a coat underneath. He would also have a handkerchief, able to wipe any food spillage conveniently, and a bandana to keep any fur or scales from falling into the food. He could also have a pet dog and cat, able to taste his food beforehand! And some supplies of food on him; he liked the idea of being a walking pantry.

“Better clean up, it’s getting dark!” Latona cried, snapping Pumpkin out of his fantasy daydream. Pumpkin ruffled his fur, shaking his head.

To be a professional chef, I’ll have to clean up my station first, Pumpkin thought, amused, and returned to scrubbing the station clean.
Pumpkin’s probably my least favourite ingredient right now, Pumpkin thought bitterly at the end of the competition. He had made pepperoni pizza, after decided that steak was too hard to pull off, but for some reason, he had absent-mindedly placed pumpkin in it. It was a hit with Raith, a big relief for the nervous Gaoler, but did less well wit Nassau and Aion. Like what Latona said, he should probably stop randomly sprinkling pumpkin on all his dishes.

Some of the participants stayed back to clean up their stations. Pumpkin was one of them. As he was busy scrubbing the surface of his workbench, he caught sight of Raith, eyeing everyone disdainfully. He must be such a professional chef, he thought dreamily. If only I was one too...

His mind wandered deep into his imagination. What if he was a professional chef, well-known across Sornieth? He would stay the same as he look, probably. After all, Gaolers like him couldn’t wear modern apparel, so they’ll have to make do. But what if he was a modern breed? He liked being a Gaoler, but hypothetically, what if he was breed changed, into say, a Wildclaw?

He would wear a kitchen apron, and a coat underneath. He would also have a handkerchief, able to wipe any food spillage conveniently, and a bandana to keep any fur or scales from falling into the food. He could also have a pet dog and cat, able to taste his food beforehand! And some supplies of food on him; he liked the idea of being a walking pantry.

“Better clean up, it’s getting dark!” Latona cried, snapping Pumpkin out of his fantasy daydream. Pumpkin ruffled his fur, shaking his head.

To be a professional chef, I’ll have to clean up my station first, Pumpkin thought, amused, and returned to scrubbing the station clean.
4f84783726df68aa829be00b8642d465d8caaa83.png x8bDWFu.png
5hF3FGk.png
DxCICZ1.png
[columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626652/62665198.png[/img] [color=transparent]_ _[/color][nextcol][font=Verdana][size=2][b]Bay 7:[/b] Day One | Day Two | Day Three [/columns] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/14d0cd583550143254fdbf01f0f531ec/tumblr_nj9tb4ahZk1r28672o1_640.png[/img] [center][font=Verdana][size=2][b]Day One (Catch-Up):[/b][/center] [font=Verdana][size=2]Elliana brushes back a strand of her hair, the stubborn one by the side of her horn that did not want to be tied up like the rest. She looks around with a slightly lost expression, though there is an air of nervous excitement about her. From the looks of those around her, the competition seems to far exceed her capabilities. Even a young Coatl hatchling nearby is participating in the event. As Aion, Nassau, and Raith introduce themselves, Elliana quietly listens as she plays with one of the flowers in her hair. She is by no means a cook, rather more of a farmer and just starting out in the Clan of Odds & Ends. She had entered the competition in hopes of finding some sort of purpose for herself. Most members of the Clan simply relaxed with no real purpose or role, which suited some of the Clan's members just fine. Yet... she had the urge to actually [i]do[/i] something, to serve a role in the Clan. She knew she is good at gardening, so she had talked with Nosey about starting a joint garden. To which he suggested the event to try and branch out her skills. Having rarely traveled, Nosey had been kind enough to escort her to the event. There had been so many dragons passing through as the other events of the Flameforger's Festival proceeded. Latona had kindly accepted her application to participate, but with so many contestants, it was hardly surprising that the Skydancer seemed both distracted and a bit distant. The judges wrap up their introductions as every starts mingling together. Elliana tries to strike up a conversation with one of the nearby Coatl, the one with a hat in Bay 10, yet the words seem to stay stuck in her throat. She feels so out of place that by the time the cooking starts and the dishes are gathered, she had yet to actually interact with anyone! Well, she vows that she will try a tad harder. Small steps counted just as much as large ones. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/14d0cd583550143254fdbf01f0f531ec/tumblr_nj9tb4ahZk1r28672o1_640.png[/img] [center][font=Verdana][size=2][b]Day Two (Catch-Up):[/b][/center] [font=Verdana][size=2]A... a seafood dish? Not only a seafood dish, but a [i]molten[/i] one? Elliana scratched her head at the recipe provided for the traditional dish. The main ingredient is not a fish she is familiar with, both from time at her original Clan and while in the Clan of Odds & Ends. Occasionally she had seen it within the Hoard, but most of the dragons did not touch the ingredient save for a few of the Fire dragons. The judges and the host quickly talk among themselves before providing some tips and information she had not known about the Molten Goby. Considering how under-researched she was with this dish, she is surprised she got that high of score from one of the judges. She could only hope she got something more plant-based in the next round. As everyone waits for the next round, one of the dragons near her asks what type of dish she liked. She does not recognize the dragon from when the hosts introduced themselves, so perhaps they may have arrived for when the actual cooking started. Thinking the question over, she... honestly does not know and tells the dragon as much. They give a kind smile, saying that there is time to discover her tastes and that they hope their journey to their favorite dish will be an exciting one. They leave shortly after, but the question continued to persist in her mind. She supposes that she enjoys any type of meat or plant, though with a preference to plants more often than not. She likes planting, watching her food grow to be used either as decorations or future food stores, rather than actually eating things. She knew she liked Grilled Pallas Cat, Preserved Marigold Petals and Raw Winter Brussels Sprouts, but she will not say those dishes were her [i]favorite[/i]. She looks around for the other dragon earlier, but they seemed to have retired for the day. She wanted to tell them that she hoped her journey will be an exciting one too. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/14d0cd583550143254fdbf01f0f531ec/tumblr_nj9tb4ahZk1r28672o1_640.png[/img] [center][font=Verdana][size=2][b]Day Three:[/b][/center] [font=Verdana][size=2]Elliana looks down at the dish in front of her. She does not know how, but somehow the inside of her Beef Rouladen is noticeably glowing gold. This is the first time this has ever happened, granted she had never tried cooking before this event. How this occurrence happened, she does not know, but she only hopes this does not turn into some sort of trend. A movement distracts her from the dish in front of her. From the corner of her eye, she notices Latona starting her rounds, which unfortunately means that the judging has begun. She has to fix this... [i]now[/i]. She tries her best to cover it up, yet the vegetables she had used continues to have a distinct golden sheen. Giving up hope as Latona and the judges settle down at Bay 6, she pulls out all the vegetables the best she could. She had been so excited for this dish too! The action mostly caused her dish to fall apart as she removed the pickles and onions that she knew were absolutely delicious. Far too soon, Nassau, Raith, and Aion are looking at the disaster that had become of her Beef Rouladen. Thankfully, the judges had only noticed her odd choice in her cooking technique and not the little specks of gold hidden among the meat. The judges leave shortly after, giving her the somewhat disappointing score of 14. Elliana sighs, wondering how in the world this could have happened. She takes a look at the golden vegetables and cautiously consumes one. Surprisingly, it is still very much edible and rather delicious. Perhaps she can still include her golden vegetables in the next dish if all goes well. Determined to continue her steps to be a decent chef, she begins to clean her station from the mess of the Beef Rouladen. Meanwhile, she listens to the conversations around her. A few of the modern dragons show off their outfits. It brings a smile to her face. Everyone looks so incredible, dressed in a rainbow of colors that reminds her of the budding garden back at her new home. There are some unique looks ranging from professional to roguish to even simple skins or accents like hers. Elliana still remembers how she rather stumbled into her current look. Meshana, a fellow female Gaoler from the Clan, had given her one look before taking her aside and giving Elliana this accent. And that was that. However, they had both noticed how the accent seemed to glow even brighter as soon as she put it on. Meshana had only smiled then and said that the accent suited Elliana. "I still see some messy stations!" Latona announced, though the comment did not seem directed at her. "Make sure these stations are clean and ready for you to use tomorrow! You wouldn't want to lose time cleaning yesterday's mess!" Elliana agreed, finishing up her station. The counter is finally free of the mess she made and the trash ready to be disposed of. All the utensils are placed in their proper places, ready for a new round tomorrow. She smiles gently, ready to go find Nosey to head back home for the day. Unknowingly, she misses the way her station briefly gleams with a golden light before fading away with the light of the setting sun.
62665198.png _ _ Bay 7: Day One | Day Two | Day Three

tumblr_nj9tb4ahZk1r28672o1_640.png
Day One (Catch-Up):

Elliana brushes back a strand of her hair, the stubborn one by the side of her horn that did not want to be tied up like the rest. She looks around with a slightly lost expression, though there is an air of nervous excitement about her. From the looks of those around her, the competition seems to far exceed her capabilities. Even a young Coatl hatchling nearby is participating in the event.

As Aion, Nassau, and Raith introduce themselves, Elliana quietly listens as she plays with one of the flowers in her hair. She is by no means a cook, rather more of a farmer and just starting out in the Clan of Odds & Ends. She had entered the competition in hopes of finding some sort of purpose for herself. Most members of the Clan simply relaxed with no real purpose or role, which suited some of the Clan's members just fine. Yet... she had the urge to actually do something, to serve a role in the Clan. She knew she is good at gardening, so she had talked with Nosey about starting a joint garden. To which he suggested the event to try and branch out her skills.

Having rarely traveled, Nosey had been kind enough to escort her to the event. There had been so many dragons passing through as the other events of the Flameforger's Festival proceeded. Latona had kindly accepted her application to participate, but with so many contestants, it was hardly surprising that the Skydancer seemed both distracted and a bit distant.

The judges wrap up their introductions as every starts mingling together. Elliana tries to strike up a conversation with one of the nearby Coatl, the one with a hat in Bay 10, yet the words seem to stay stuck in her throat. She feels so out of place that by the time the cooking starts and the dishes are gathered, she had yet to actually interact with anyone! Well, she vows that she will try a tad harder. Small steps counted just as much as large ones.

Day Two (Catch-Up):

A... a seafood dish? Not only a seafood dish, but a molten one? Elliana scratched her head at the recipe provided for the traditional dish. The main ingredient is not a fish she is familiar with, both from time at her original Clan and while in the Clan of Odds & Ends. Occasionally she had seen it within the Hoard, but most of the dragons did not touch the ingredient save for a few of the Fire dragons.

The judges and the host quickly talk among themselves before providing some tips and information she had not known about the Molten Goby. Considering how under-researched she was with this dish, she is surprised she got that high of score from one of the judges. She could only hope she got something more plant-based in the next round.

As everyone waits for the next round, one of the dragons near her asks what type of dish she liked. She does not recognize the dragon from when the hosts introduced themselves, so perhaps they may have arrived for when the actual cooking started. Thinking the question over, she... honestly does not know and tells the dragon as much. They give a kind smile, saying that there is time to discover her tastes and that they hope their journey to their favorite dish will be an exciting one. They leave shortly after, but the question continued to persist in her mind.

She supposes that she enjoys any type of meat or plant, though with a preference to plants more often than not. She likes planting, watching her food grow to be used either as decorations or future food stores, rather than actually eating things. She knew she liked Grilled Pallas Cat, Preserved Marigold Petals and Raw Winter Brussels Sprouts, but she will not say those dishes were her favorite.

She looks around for the other dragon earlier, but they seemed to have retired for the day. She wanted to tell them that she hoped her journey will be an exciting one too.

Day Three:

Elliana looks down at the dish in front of her. She does not know how, but somehow the inside of her Beef Rouladen is noticeably glowing gold. This is the first time this has ever happened, granted she had never tried cooking before this event. How this occurrence happened, she does not know, but she only hopes this does not turn into some sort of trend. A movement distracts her from the dish in front of her. From the corner of her eye, she notices Latona starting her rounds, which unfortunately means that the judging has begun. She has to fix this... now.

She tries her best to cover it up, yet the vegetables she had used continues to have a distinct golden sheen. Giving up hope as Latona and the judges settle down at Bay 6, she pulls out all the vegetables the best she could. She had been so excited for this dish too! The action mostly caused her dish to fall apart as she removed the pickles and onions that she knew were absolutely delicious. Far too soon, Nassau, Raith, and Aion are looking at the disaster that had become of her Beef Rouladen. Thankfully, the judges had only noticed her odd choice in her cooking technique and not the little specks of gold hidden among the meat. The judges leave shortly after, giving her the somewhat disappointing score of 14. Elliana sighs, wondering how in the world this could have happened. She takes a look at the golden vegetables and cautiously consumes one. Surprisingly, it is still very much edible and rather delicious. Perhaps she can still include her golden vegetables in the next dish if all goes well.

Determined to continue her steps to be a decent chef, she begins to clean her station from the mess of the Beef Rouladen. Meanwhile, she listens to the conversations around her.

A few of the modern dragons show off their outfits. It brings a smile to her face. Everyone looks so incredible, dressed in a rainbow of colors that reminds her of the budding garden back at her new home. There are some unique looks ranging from professional to roguish to even simple skins or accents like hers. Elliana still remembers how she rather stumbled into her current look. Meshana, a fellow female Gaoler from the Clan, had given her one look before taking her aside and giving Elliana this accent. And that was that. However, they had both noticed how the accent seemed to glow even brighter as soon as she put it on. Meshana had only smiled then and said that the accent suited Elliana.

"I still see some messy stations!" Latona announced, though the comment did not seem directed at her. "Make sure these stations are clean and ready for you to use tomorrow! You wouldn't want to lose time cleaning yesterday's mess!"

Elliana agreed, finishing up her station. The counter is finally free of the mess she made and the trash ready to be disposed of. All the utensils are placed in their proper places, ready for a new round tomorrow. She smiles gently, ready to go find Nosey to head back home for the day. Unknowingly, she misses the way her station briefly gleams with a golden light before fading away with the light of the setting sun.
GNG7q0I.png
about
wishlist
journal

2021-08-07_Katsuji2.png
*squeak!*
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_2898807]Top[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349136]How to[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349144]Prizes[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349148]Badges[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2898807#post_44349155]Winners[/url] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/SZglYed.png[/img] [font=trebuchet ms]The temperature is a little cooler today than previously, but still scorching. However, the air surrounding the large grey tent is significantly colder, almost enough to be considered a “normal” temperature for the rest of Sorienth. A peek through the flaps reveal a team of dragons, largely tundras and imperials using ice magic to keep the tent cool. The reason for such measures is revealed by watching the contestants, many working with icecream, chocolate and other heat-sensitive ingredients ready to be used in today’s round. Cheekily, Latona is swiping taste samples from as many benches as she can while contestants aren’t looking, but never taking too much to affect the dish. With no small amount of melted chocolate still staining her face, she gleefully addresses the gathering crowd: [color=e6621c]”Good evening dragons and drakes! Get excited for round three of the Blasterchef competition! If you couldn’t guess yet, today's round is all about that sweet, sweet course we all know and love - Dessert! Our many volunteers have been carefully regulating the room's temperature to aid our competitors in this make or break round. After today, we will be halfway done with our competition. Let’s get started!! ----- ----- [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/630764/63076348.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 1:[/b] - Juvia [/size][/size][size=2]@yakusoku15 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Kashi Halwa.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Juvia has had a bit of a rough start to the competition so far, let’s see if she does better with the sweets than the savouries. [color=44caaa]A: I’ve made a promise today to be less critical of the nutrition of dishes. Dessert is meant to be enjoyed, but healthiness will still put you in my good books. [color=ccaa33]N: Kashi Halwa is made largely of Ash Gourd, which has a mild taste not unlike that of cucumber. [color=c492d6]R: Usually this dish is artificially sweetened with sugar or kaju, but it seems they’ve left it out in this dish. [color=ccaa33]N: It leaves the dish tasting watery and muted. If one has had a rather intense main, this makes an excellent addition. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Of all our judges, Nassau has the most experience with desserts. Will that make him easier or harder to please? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the first dish has a total score of [b]15![/b] This is a steady rate of improvement I like to see. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/506519/50651893.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 2:[/b] - Niah [/size][/size][size=2]@stanzascale [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Golden Pepper Ice Cream.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: We’ve had golden pepper used in the past, but it’s not a common flavour for ice cream. [color=c492d6R: Spice isn’t often a flavour used in desserts. [color=ccaa33]N: For good reason. [color=44caaa]A: However, when it’s pulled off as nicely as this, it can be quite nice. Sweet and spicy food together will always juxtapose, but whether they harmonise or clash is up to execution. [color=c492d6]R: And this chef has executed this dish perfectly. The cold ice cream sharpens the spiciness of the golden pepper, which is usually quite muted. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? All our hard working temperature regulators are well looked after. We’ve had four teams who have each worked six hours each, and they’ve all been fed by our talented judges here. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of [b]21![/b] Such a high score so early in today’s competition. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608533/60853219.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 3:[/b] - Fahrenheit [/size][/size][size=2]@saraceaser [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Egg Tarts.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: It’s so easy to confuse egg tarts with lemon tarts if you’re not careful. [color=c492d6]R: I’m glad these are egg tarts. It’s not often a desert comes with much protein, so I’ll take what I can get. [color=ccaa33]N: While they may be sweetened with powdered sugar and butter, they still seem a little out of place as a dessert. [color=44caaa]A: These particular ones could use a little more sugar to make them sweeter, as they hardly even qualify for the course. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? I doubt I’ll get to taste many of the dishes, surely no one is foolish enough to add mushrooms to a dessert. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of [b]19![/b] While not as rocking a score as yesterday, still a strong third dish. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/612365/61236420.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 4:[/b] - Lithium [/size][/size][size=2]@sciencer [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Eclairs.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Now here’s one of Nassau’s specialties. They do look rather like you’re own. [color=ccaa33]N: I do believe they may have used my recipe, or at least was inspired by my own. The chocolate has been well tempered, and a nice thick layer that is often avoided. [color=44caaa]A: They taste nothing like yours though Nassau, for one the pastry is rather tasteless and lacks the light fluffiness of a Nassau Original. [color=c492d6]R: And the cream isn’t thickened properly, and tastes rather bland, like they forgot to add sugar. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Eclairs come in many different shapes and sizes, but this is the most well recognised. Fluffy cream sandwiched between light pastry, topped with rich melted chocolate. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of [b]12![/b] I hope none of our judges are awarding any points based on favoritism. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ez0XdWg.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 5:[/b] - StrawberryCream [/size][/size][size=2]@wintrecat [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Pavlova.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I’m starting to admit that I might’ve made the right call allowing the kid to participate, they have done quite well so far. [color=c492d6]R: And they’ve done well again today. Pavlova are a great culmination of flavours and textures. [color=44caaa]A: Meringue can be hard to get right, and the larger the harder it is. Pavlova are often made deliberately to have softer chewy centers, like this one. It adds to the diverse range of textures. [color=ccaa33]N: It’s incredibly annoying to eat. Not only does the meringue crumble and fall apart, this chef has used passionfruit and lemon juice to make the whole thing messier. [color=c492d6]R: I appreciate the touch of lemon. It’s not often used on pavlova, but with a sweet rather and a sour lemon, it adds just a touch more intensity. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Maybe I underestimated the kid, if you can’t tell, I don’t handle youth well. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fifth dish scored [b]19![/b] We haven’t had a bad dish from number 5 yet. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/391839/39183813.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 6:[/b] - Kate [/size][/size][size=2]@tomswifty [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mincemeat pie.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Mince pie’s are common in the cooler months of the year, and the warm gravy and spiced fruits warm you up nicely. [color=c492d6]R: I wasn’t expecting much meat today, but I am glad someone had the foresight to choose this. The mince is succulent and tender, the gravy rich. [color=44caaa]A: That’s because of the salt. But you’re right, the meat is cooked very nicely. They’ve added dates, plum and a little bit of apple to the mince to add a little tartness. [color=ccaa33]N: The pastry leaves much to be desired though. A little too floury, which affects the quality of the whole dish. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? If travelling the Ashfall Waste during the festival, I recommend you check out the lava pits south of the Great Furnace. At about this time of year, firey hot coals are often launched from the ground by changing air pressure and harsh winds. The flying sparks dance in the sky like fireworks. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored [b]20![/b] Kate can not seem to put a claw wrong! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626652/62665198.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 7:[/b] - Elliania [/size][/size][size=2]@katsuji [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Swiss Roll.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Personally, I prefer the chocolate variation of these, but I’m sure this one will be just as good. [color=44caaa]A: The jam has been hand-made and preserved. They’ve created it to ensure it’s not overly sweet, which I’m glad for. [color=ccaa33]N: And the bread is incredibly light. While traditionally a heavier bread is used, it can be easy to overpower the jam in a roll. [color=c492d6]R: They could have added cream to enhance the sweetness, and change up the texture a little. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? If you’re looking for tips on preserving fruits, I recommend seeking out Jose’s Jams. He has a dozen cellars spread across Sorienth! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored [b]19![/b] So far the desert round is going sensationally. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/101422/10142190.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 8:[/b] - Quartz [/size][/size][size=2]@bxy26 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Old Fashioned Fruit Pie.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: This next contestant has brought us a classic cherry pie. [color=c492d6]R: It’s a shame cherries are absolutely out of season. These are far too sour to be put in a pie. I can’t get through a whole slice. [color=44caaa]A: There are ways of reducing the sourness of a pie made using out-of-date fruits, by working in enough sugar, and sometimes some strawberry syrup can help, but they haven’t made use of either technique. [color=ccaa33]N: This pie crust however must be one perfected over years. It’s thick and solid, but crumbles apart in your mouth, and is the right combination of sweet and dry. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Many fruits come into season in late spring and early summer, but this close to fall, many of the short-season fruits like cherries are already starting to go bad. Apples are still going strong though. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored [b]13![/b] An unfortunate dip in score for number 8. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/614112/61411131.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 9:[/b] - Piffkriff [/size][/size][size=2]@samelf [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Piffkriff has been doing pretty well so far. How will they do today? [color=ccaa33]N: Who’s idea was it that peanut butter and chocolate went well together? [color=c492d6]R: Not mine. The thickness of the peanut butter clings to your mouth, and it’s salty taste overpowers the rich flavours of the cake. [color=44caaa]A: The cake is cooked very well, and without the peanut butter it could’ve been an excellent dish. [color=ccaa33]N: The chocolate sauce still leaves some to be desired, even without the peanut butter. It’s been made far too thick to try and match the peanut butter, but that’s just added to the inedibility. L: Well how about some scores then huh? Another reminder to be careful of your diners’ allergies and intolerances. Peanuts can give a very nasty shock to someone. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored [b]8![/b] Ooooh, that’s gotta be a shock to the confidence. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/626020/62601943.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 10:[/b] - Erlyssain [/size][/size][size=2]@claares [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Mint Sundae.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I haven’t had a mint sundae for years. Maybe I can beg one of this chef. [color=ccaa33]N: Mint should only ever be used as a garnish, or to freshen one’s breath. [color=44caaa]A: You’re such a stick in the mud Nassau. Mint ice cream has been around for a long time, and when it’s combined with hot chocolate fudge like this, I’m not sure I can fault it. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? I’m sure we’ve all had a brain freeze in the past, but there’s nothing to worry about if you listen to it. Brain freezes are caused by the rapidly cooling of the blood vessels in your face. The brain is sending you a warning not to eat more, or risk depriving it of oxygen. Nifty huh? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored [b]17![/b] Another high score from number 10, keep up the good work! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/600029/60002827.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 11:[/b] - Lampades [/size][/size][size=2]@aquaemperor [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Black Forest Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A That looks tremendously rich. It’s got three entire layers of cake. [color=c492d6]R: It is very rich. The cake is marvelously dense, and it’s rich bitter taste is sweetened by the shipped cream. The chef has added crushed cherries and mixed it through the cream, adding just the slightest of tang. color=44caaa]A: I know I promised to try and leave the health side of things alone, but even a small slice of this is massive. Not to mention how rich the cream is, and how it’s coated thoroughly in chocolate flakes. [color=ccaa33]N: And the cake itself borders on too dense, and the tastes are all very strong. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? SLooking to spruce up your den with a little life? Go get yourself a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/2898646]Bonsai pot![/url] [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored [b]11![/b] Was day 1 just a fluke for this contestant? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/130278/13027766.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 12:[/b] - Meringue [/size][/size][size=2]@eialyne [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chocolate Mousse Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A switch up to modern dishes for our traditional specialist. Will they fair better or worse? [color=44caaa]A: I fully expected for this to taste enormously sweet and rich, but by using prominently dark chocolate, they’ve reduced the sweetness, allowing one to focus on the fullness of flavour. [color=c492d6]R: The addition of a raspberry sauce was an excellent choice. Raspberry and dark chocolate go very well together to combat the sweetness of the mousse. [color=ccaa33]N: If only there was a way to eat this without it falling off my dessert fork. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? If I thought I was hungry yesterday I was wrong. All these delicious dishes are really testing my restraint. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored [b]24![/b] This has thrown Meringue right into the running for top spot! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/494945/49494477.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 13:[/b] - Aster [/size][/size][size=2]@missnevermind [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Ice Cream.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I fully expected ice cream to be a popular dish choice for today, which is why I hired our temperature regulators. [color=44caaa]A: This isn’t like your regular commercial ice cream. This has been churned by hand and deliberately made with less sugar. It’s perhaps the healthiest ice cream I’ve ever come across. [color=c492d6]R: It hardly looks like ice cream. It’s barely even frozen. And Ice cream is suppose to be sweet, it’s why people eat it. [color=ccaa33]N: Not necessarily. Vanilla ice cream like this can actually be very sweet without the sugar. It’s occasionally used in cooking as a replacement, which can be very good for your teeth. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Vanilla isn’t just used a sweetener, many dragons the world over agree that the scent is one of the most calming, and it’s often used in candles and incense. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored [b]17![/b] Aster here really can’t please all the judges at once. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/609915/60991431.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 14:[/b] - Vihan [/size][/size][size=2]@illusivefox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Sunken Apple Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Is it called a sunken apple cake because the apples were submerged before being added? Or was the whole cake sunken? [color=ccaa33]N: It’s called as such because the apples are “sunken” into the cake, rather than being placed on top like most apple cakes. This method is actually better for infusing the cake with the apple’s juice. [color=c492d6]R: Which would be great if the cake itself wasn’t so awfully flat and powdery. [color=44caaa]A: I quite like the choice of apple cake. While the apple is still rather sweet, it contains natural sugars, which are absorbed by your body slowly, allowing for a longer boost of energy. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores then huh? Do you think pirates enjoy sunken apple cake as much as they like finding sunken treasure? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored [b]18![/b] Can anybody’s cake impress Raith? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/601819/60181807.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 15:[/b] - Lou [/size][/size][size=2]@fishingnet [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Honeyed Potash Peach.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Potash is a fantastic fertilizer rich in potassium. And Honey is a good preserver. [color=ccaa33]N: What we have here is just a demonstration of a farmer’s skill when growing and preserving fruits. [color=44caaa]A: Regardless, it’s some excellent peach. When preserving fruits using honey, one risks them becoming overly sweet, but these peaches must’ve been a little sour to begin with, because they are the perfect level between the two. [color=c492d6]R: Peaches can also aid in digestion, which means adding a honeyed peach or two to your meal routine will make you more active after a heavy dinner. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Potash was originally produced by refining the ashes of Broadleaf trees, and later from wood ashes as well. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored [b]21![/b] More steady improvement, that’s what I like to see. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/629696/62969511.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 16:[/b] - Draco [/size][/size][size=2]@kindjoey123 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chocolate cindermint Ice Cream.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: A modern dish with a traditional flare. Let’s see how that ties over with the judges. [color=ccaa33]N: I’ve already stated, I’m not a fan of mint. That’s still true even when using Cindermint. [color=44caaa]A: Cindermint is widely considered better than mint among the culinary masters of the Ashfall Waste. While regular mint provides a cool kick, cindermint provides one that is a little hot. By working that into ice cream, it creates a lovely contrast. [color=c492d6]R: Mint and chocolate have always been used to moderate each other, but only recently have dragons been combining spicy flavours with chocolate. It seems this competitor has twisted both variations together [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? We’ve seen Draco fair well with his meat dishes in the past. How has he done without that to back him up? [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored [b]13![/b] Perhaps we were too hasty to call him a one trick pony. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/596048/59604745.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 17:[/b] - Luck [/size][/size][size=2]@wardenofthebluff [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Tin Can Chocolate Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Well this definitely makes transporting the cake easier. [color=ccaa33]N: While it’s not the greatest form of cake, I can agree with you on that Latona. It’s a shame it looks so plain though. [color=c492d6]R: It doesn’t need any decorations or embellishments though. The cake has a dense texture, perfect for chocolate cake. [color=44caaa]A: And the icing is rich and thick. One a normal cake, one must worry about having enough icing to coat the sides as well. But in this format, you can spread it on thick just on top. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Just never put a tin dish or anything else metal in a microwave, [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored [b]27![/b] That’s enough to through this previously struggling contender into the top runnings! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/353006/35300587.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 18:[/b] - Radnov [/size][/size][size=2]@solarsam [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Creme Brulee.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Yesterday Radnov served us some sweet spaghetti, can their actual dessert shape up? [color=c492d6]R: This dessert is perfectly crisp on top. Nothing is more satisfying than cracking something like this open. [color=ccaa33]N: Given their choice for spaghetti topping, I would’ve thought this would be more sweet, but it’s actually quite muted. [color=44caaa]A: To be honest, I actually preferred their candy-covered spaghetti. It might’ve been overly sweet, but it was inventive and fun. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Unless you’re a fire dragon like myself, do be careful when working with open flames. We would hate to have to start treating burns. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored [b]14![/b] What an interesting mix up of scores. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/371133/37113233.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 19:[/b] - Moonlight [/size][/size][size=2]@browncoatparadox [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Grassland Grain Pudding w/ Merry Melon Jam.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Merry Melons are actually a rather new discovery aren’t they? [color=c492d6]R: Yes they are, which unfortunately means noones’s quite had the chance to perfect a recipe for it. [color=ccaa33]N: I admire the courage required to present a dish with something so untested. It has paid off though. It’s surprisingly tart flavour is complimented by the sugar used in preserving. [color=44caaa]A: But let’s talk about the main part of this dish. Grassland grain may be a little dry on taste, but by adding a little vanilla to sweeten the pudding, you get this excellent light flavour. Not to mention how healthy this is. By using the wholegrain, they’ve created a dish that is very sustaining. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? If you’ve discovered any good recipes for the merry melon already, now would be the time to serve them while everyone else flounders to keep up. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored [b]22![/b] An unsurprisingly high score for such an inventive dish. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/370287/37028655.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 20:[/b] - Tigri [/size][/size][size=2]@milesss [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Caramelised Orange Jelly Custard.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I’m not sure if this was the best combination of foods to put together. [color=44caaa]A: Firstly, caramelised orange can be great if using Navel oranges, one of the sweetest. However this chef has used seville oranges, a much more sour variation. This has caused the melted sugar and sour fruit to clash harshly on the palate. [color=ccaa33]N: Jelly and Custard have often been put together in the form of trifles, but often go with nuts or breading to mute the overbearing sweetness of combining them. [color=c492d6]R: While it may taste sweet, and be good in a small dish, it’s not great when serving to a large group or in large portions. [color=e6621c]L: Well how about some scores huh? Oranges come in a large variety of species. While the most popular is the Navel Orange, some often forget that tangerines, clementines and mandarins are all technically oranges. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]A: There you have it folks! The twentieth dish scored [b]7![/b] Is this enough to shake them out contention? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/226610/22660976.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 21:[/b] - Fatir [/size][/size][size=2]@amapup [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Chocolate Lava Cake.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I wish I could say this looked better than the peanut butter one, but this looks… [color=c492d6]R: Burnt beyond belief? [color=ccaa33]N: Not to mention sunken. [color=44caaa]A: Unfortunately, the sauce, which is quite smooth, can’t hide the unmistakable taste of burnt cake. [color=c492d6]R: Lava cake can be difficult to cook well, as one risks crispening the whole thing, without the soft middle to mute it. [color=ccaa33]N: And it looks like this chef just isn’t so great with cakes. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? When you have implements and tools as expensive as the ones being used here, it’s important to keep it safe. That’s why we have twenty-four seven security! [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]1 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]2 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored [b]7![/b] It doesn’t look like number 21 is doing too well, but don’t give up hope! ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/483551/48355082.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 22:[/b] - Dinraal [/size][/size][size=2]@liland [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Creme Brulee.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Another creme brulee? Our judges were quite indifferent to the last one. Is this any better? Or will it be worse? [color=44caaa]A: It’s definitely sweeter than the last. This chef has used a large serving of vanilla to add to the taste. [color=ccaa33]N: Unfortunately, other than the distinctive vanilla, it’s a little bland. It’s nice, just not very interesting or remarkable. [color=c492d6]R: It doesn’t crack quite like the other one, so while it may be sweeter, it’s not nearly as satisfying to eat. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? I’m looking forward to some of the more interesting sounding dishes I have on my list here. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]4 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]8 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored [b]18![/b] That’s still improvement, we’ll get you into the twenties any day now. ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/273255/27325494.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 23:[/b] - Igneous [/size][/size][size=2]@hippogriff412 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Black Forest Gateau.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Yesterday saw a strong score from Igneous. Can they keep it up? [color=44caaa]A: I was afraid this gateau would be too sweet and rich, but the fiery kirsch does wonders to contrast it. [color=ccaa33]N: These cherries have also deliberately been left unsweetened, meaning their slightly tart flavour compliments the richness of the chocolate cake. [color=c492d6]R: [i]His plate, hands and mouth are all covered in crumbs.[/i] [color=44caaa]A: Mather, Raith. You’re such a slob for a culinary master. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Kirsch isn’t commonly used in cooking, but that fiery kick sure does make Black Forest Gateau unique. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored [b]26![/b] Do we have a potential winner right here before us? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/71736/7173591.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 24:[/b] - Chess [/size][/size][size=2]@jinxmoonstone [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]Tanghulu.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: Once again number 23 is leaving a hard bar for 24 to follow, but they have been keeping up. [color=ccaa33]N: These are so neatly presented. There’s almost no mess when eating them. Not to mention that by using bamboo skewers, these are incredibly sustainable. [color=44caaa]A: This particular dish has followed the tradition of using more sour fruits, such as pineapple, kiwi and raspberries so that it contrasts with the sugary syrup used to harden them. [color=c492d6]R: It’s so incredibly simplistic though. There’s not a lot of effort that needs to go into the dish, and they’re hardly filling. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? Another word from our sponsors: Looking for the perfect addition to your lair, but having trouble finding them? Too busy to work on it yourself? Ask the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/1973576]Dragonwish Foundation[/url] to help you out. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]10 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]3 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]7 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored [b]20![/b] Still trailing behind 23, can they overtake them soon? ----- ----- [columns][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/608487/60848616.png[/img] [color=transparent]???????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][font=trebuchet ms][size=5][size=5][b]Bay 25:[/b] - Pumpkin [/size][/size][size=2]@enen16106 [/size][color=transparent]????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/color] [nextcol][size=5][size=5][font=papyrus][i]The Grey Stuff.[/i][/font][/size][/size][/columns] [font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: I wasn’t sure what tI was expecting from a dish called “the grey stuff”, but I don’t think this was it. [color=44caaa]A: I think it’s quite cute. It seems to be pudding mix but made with crushed biscuits. [color=c492d6]R: I’m sure it would be popular with hatchlings. It’s very sweet, and it’s soft for them to eat. [color=ccaa33]N: I do wish they hadn’t called it grey “stuff” though, the name is quite off putting. [color=44caaa]A: I think it might be a reference to a song, dear. One popular with hatchlings. [color=e6621c]L:Well how about some scores huh? After this we will break for a short while. [i]She starts humming the familiar tune of “be our guest”. [columns][color=transparent]_______________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=ccaa33][size=7][size=5][b]5 [/size][color=transparent]_____________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=c492dr][size=7][size=5][b]6 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [nextcol][font=showcard gothic][color=44ccaa][size=7][size=5][b]9 [/size][color=transparent]___________ [/columns][font=trebuchet ms] [color=e6621c]L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored [b]20![/b] And with the removal of pumpkin from this competitor’s dishes, their score scy rockets. ----- ----- [font=trebuchet ms][color=e6621c]“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
Top | How to | Prizes | Badges | Winners
SZglYed.png

The temperature is a little cooler today than previously, but still scorching. However, the air surrounding the large grey tent is significantly colder, almost enough to be considered a “normal” temperature for the rest of Sorienth. A peek through the flaps reveal a team of dragons, largely tundras and imperials using ice magic to keep the tent cool.

The reason for such measures is revealed by watching the contestants, many working with icecream, chocolate and other heat-sensitive ingredients ready to be used in today’s round. Cheekily, Latona is swiping taste samples from as many benches as she can while contestants aren’t looking, but never taking too much to affect the dish.

With no small amount of melted chocolate still staining her face, she gleefully addresses the gathering crowd:
”Good evening dragons and drakes! Get excited for round three of the Blasterchef competition! If you couldn’t guess yet, today's round is all about that sweet, sweet course we all know and love - Dessert! Our many volunteers have been carefully regulating the room's temperature to aid our competitors in this make or break round. After today, we will be halfway done with our competition. Let’s get started!!

63076348.png
???????????????????????????????????
Bay 1: - Juvia
@yakusoku15
????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Kashi Halwa.

L: Juvia has had a bit of a rough start to the competition so far, let’s see if she does better with the sweets than the savouries.
A: I’ve made a promise today to be less critical of the nutrition of dishes. Dessert is meant to be enjoyed, but healthiness will still put you in my good books.
N: Kashi Halwa is made largely of Ash Gourd, which has a mild taste not unlike that of cucumber.
R: Usually this dish is artificially sweetened with sugar or kaju, but it seems they’ve left it out in this dish.
N: It leaves the dish tasting watery and muted. If one has had a rather intense main, this makes an excellent addition.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Of all our judges, Nassau has the most experience with desserts. Will that make him easier or harder to please?

L: There you have it folks, the first dish has a total score of 15! This is a steady rate of improvement I like to see.

50651893.png
Bay 2: - Niah
@stanzascale
Golden Pepper Ice Cream.

L: We’ve had golden pepper used in the past, but it’s not a common flavour for ice cream.
[color=c492d6R: Spice isn’t often a flavour used in desserts.
N: For good reason.
A: However, when it’s pulled off as nicely as this, it can be quite nice. Sweet and spicy food together will always juxtapose, but whether they harmonise or clash is up to execution.
R: And this chef has executed this dish perfectly. The cold ice cream sharpens the spiciness of the golden pepper, which is usually quite muted.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? All our hard working temperature regulators are well looked after. We’ve had four teams who have each worked six hours each, and they’ve all been fed by our talented judges here.

L: There you have it folks, the second dish has a total score of 21! Such a high score so early in today’s competition.

60853219.png
Bay 3: - Fahrenheit
@saraceaser
Egg Tarts.

L: It’s so easy to confuse egg tarts with lemon tarts if you’re not careful.
R: I’m glad these are egg tarts. It’s not often a desert comes with much protein, so I’ll take what I can get.
N: While they may be sweetened with powdered sugar and butter, they still seem a little out of place as a dessert.
A: These particular ones could use a little more sugar to make them sweeter, as they hardly even qualify for the course.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? I doubt I’ll get to taste many of the dishes, surely no one is foolish enough to add mushrooms to a dessert.

L: There you have it folks, the third dish has a total score of 19! While not as rocking a score as yesterday, still a strong third dish.

61236420.png
Bay 4: - Lithium
@sciencer
Eclairs.

L: Now here’s one of Nassau’s specialties. They do look rather like you’re own.
N: I do believe they may have used my recipe, or at least was inspired by my own. The chocolate has been well tempered, and a nice thick layer that is often avoided.
A: They taste nothing like yours though Nassau, for one the pastry is rather tasteless and lacks the light fluffiness of a Nassau Original.
R: And the cream isn’t thickened properly, and tastes rather bland, like they forgot to add sugar.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Eclairs come in many different shapes and sizes, but this is the most well recognised. Fluffy cream sandwiched between light pastry, topped with rich melted chocolate.

L: There you have it folks, the fourth dish has a total score of 12! I hope none of our judges are awarding any points based on favoritism.

Ez0XdWg.png
Bay 5: - StrawberryCream
@wintrecat
Pavlova.

L: I’m starting to admit that I might’ve made the right call allowing the kid to participate, they have done quite well so far.
R: And they’ve done well again today. Pavlova are a great culmination of flavours and textures.
A: Meringue can be hard to get right, and the larger the harder it is. Pavlova are often made deliberately to have softer chewy centers, like this one. It adds to the diverse range of textures.
N: It’s incredibly annoying to eat. Not only does the meringue crumble and fall apart, this chef has used passionfruit and lemon juice to make the whole thing messier.
R: I appreciate the touch of lemon. It’s not often used on pavlova, but with a sweet rather and a sour lemon, it adds just a touch more intensity.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Maybe I underestimated the kid, if you can’t tell, I don’t handle youth well.

L: There you have it folks, the fifth dish scored 19! We haven’t had a bad dish from number 5 yet.

39183813.png
Bay 6: - Kate
@tomswifty
Mincemeat pie.

L: Mince pie’s are common in the cooler months of the year, and the warm gravy and spiced fruits warm you up nicely.
R: I wasn’t expecting much meat today, but I am glad someone had the foresight to choose this. The mince is succulent and tender, the gravy rich.
A: That’s because of the salt. But you’re right, the meat is cooked very nicely. They’ve added dates, plum and a little bit of apple to the mince to add a little tartness.
N: The pastry leaves much to be desired though. A little too floury, which affects the quality of the whole dish.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? If travelling the Ashfall Waste during the festival, I recommend you check out the lava pits south of the Great Furnace. At about this time of year, firey hot coals are often launched from the ground by changing air pressure and harsh winds. The flying sparks dance in the sky like fireworks.

L: There you have it folks, the sixth dish scored 20! Kate can not seem to put a claw wrong!

62665198.png
Bay 7: - Elliania
@katsuji
Swiss Roll.

L: Personally, I prefer the chocolate variation of these, but I’m sure this one will be just as good.
A: The jam has been hand-made and preserved. They’ve created it to ensure it’s not overly sweet, which I’m glad for.
N: And the bread is incredibly light. While traditionally a heavier bread is used, it can be easy to overpower the jam in a roll.
R: They could have added cream to enhance the sweetness, and change up the texture a little.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? If you’re looking for tips on preserving fruits, I recommend seeking out Jose’s Jams. He has a dozen cellars spread across Sorienth!

L: There you have it folks, the seventh dish scored 19! So far the desert round is going sensationally.

10142190.png
Bay 8: - Quartz
@bxy26
Old Fashioned Fruit Pie.

L: This next contestant has brought us a classic cherry pie.
R: It’s a shame cherries are absolutely out of season. These are far too sour to be put in a pie. I can’t get through a whole slice.
A: There are ways of reducing the sourness of a pie made using out-of-date fruits, by working in enough sugar, and sometimes some strawberry syrup can help, but they haven’t made use of either technique.
N: This pie crust however must be one perfected over years. It’s thick and solid, but crumbles apart in your mouth, and is the right combination of sweet and dry.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Many fruits come into season in late spring and early summer, but this close to fall, many of the short-season fruits like cherries are already starting to go bad. Apples are still going strong though.

L: There you have it folks, the eighth dish scored 13! An unfortunate dip in score for number 8.

61411131.png
Bay 9: - Piffkriff
@samelf
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lava Cake.

L: Piffkriff has been doing pretty well so far. How will they do today?
N: Who’s idea was it that peanut butter and chocolate went well together?
R: Not mine. The thickness of the peanut butter clings to your mouth, and it’s salty taste overpowers the rich flavours of the cake.
A: The cake is cooked very well, and without the peanut butter it could’ve been an excellent dish.
N: The chocolate sauce still leaves some to be desired, even without the peanut butter. It’s been made far too thick to try and match the peanut butter, but that’s just added to the inedibility.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Another reminder to be careful of your diners’ allergies and intolerances. Peanuts can give a very nasty shock to someone.

L: There you have it folks, the ninth dish scored 8! Ooooh, that’s gotta be a shock to the confidence.

62601943.png
Bay 10: - Erlyssain
@claares
Mint Sundae.

L: I haven’t had a mint sundae for years. Maybe I can beg one of this chef.
N: Mint should only ever be used as a garnish, or to freshen one’s breath.
A: You’re such a stick in the mud Nassau. Mint ice cream has been around for a long time, and when it’s combined with hot chocolate fudge like this, I’m not sure I can fault it.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? I’m sure we’ve all had a brain freeze in the past, but there’s nothing to worry about if you listen to it. Brain freezes are caused by the rapidly cooling of the blood vessels in your face. The brain is sending you a warning not to eat more, or risk depriving it of oxygen. Nifty huh?

L: There you have it folks, the tenth dish scored 17! Another high score from number 10, keep up the good work!

60002827.png
Bay 11: - Lampades
@aquaemperor
Black Forest Cake.

L: A That looks tremendously rich. It’s got three entire layers of cake.
R: It is very rich. The cake is marvelously dense, and it’s rich bitter taste is sweetened by the shipped cream. The chef has added crushed cherries and mixed it through the cream, adding just the slightest of tang.
color=44caaa]A: I know I promised to try and leave the health side of things alone, but even a small slice of this is massive. Not to mention how rich the cream is, and how it’s coated thoroughly in chocolate flakes.
N: And the cake itself borders on too dense, and the tastes are all very strong.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? SLooking to spruce up your den with a little life? Go get yourself a Bonsai pot!

L: There you have it folks, the eleventh dish scored 11! Was day 1 just a fluke for this contestant?

13027766.png
Bay 12: - Meringue
@eialyne
Chocolate Mousse Cake.

L: A switch up to modern dishes for our traditional specialist. Will they fair better or worse?
A: I fully expected for this to taste enormously sweet and rich, but by using prominently dark chocolate, they’ve reduced the sweetness, allowing one to focus on the fullness of flavour.
R: The addition of a raspberry sauce was an excellent choice. Raspberry and dark chocolate go very well together to combat the sweetness of the mousse.
N: If only there was a way to eat this without it falling off my dessert fork.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? If I thought I was hungry yesterday I was wrong. All these delicious dishes are really testing my restraint.

L: There you have it folks, the twelfth dish scored 24! This has thrown Meringue right into the running for top spot!

49494477.png
Bay 13: - Aster
@missnevermind
Ice Cream.

L: I fully expected ice cream to be a popular dish choice for today, which is why I hired our temperature regulators.
A: This isn’t like your regular commercial ice cream. This has been churned by hand and deliberately made with less sugar. It’s perhaps the healthiest ice cream I’ve ever come across.
R: It hardly looks like ice cream. It’s barely even frozen. And Ice cream is suppose to be sweet, it’s why people eat it.
N: Not necessarily. Vanilla ice cream like this can actually be very sweet without the sugar. It’s occasionally used in cooking as a replacement, which can be very good for your teeth.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Vanilla isn’t just used a sweetener, many dragons the world over agree that the scent is one of the most calming, and it’s often used in candles and incense.

L: There you have it folks, the thirteenth dish scored 17! Aster here really can’t please all the judges at once.

60991431.png
Bay 14: - Vihan
@illusivefox
Sunken Apple Cake.

L: Is it called a sunken apple cake because the apples were submerged before being added? Or was the whole cake sunken?
N: It’s called as such because the apples are “sunken” into the cake, rather than being placed on top like most apple cakes. This method is actually better for infusing the cake with the apple’s juice.
R: Which would be great if the cake itself wasn’t so awfully flat and powdery.
A: I quite like the choice of apple cake. While the apple is still rather sweet, it contains natural sugars, which are absorbed by your body slowly, allowing for a longer boost of energy.
L: Well how about some scores then huh? Do you think pirates enjoy sunken apple cake as much as they like finding sunken treasure?

L: There you have it folks, the fourteenth dish scored 18! Can anybody’s cake impress Raith?

60181807.png
Bay 15: - Lou
@fishingnet
Honeyed Potash Peach.

L: Potash is a fantastic fertilizer rich in potassium. And Honey is a good preserver.
N: What we have here is just a demonstration of a farmer’s skill when growing and preserving fruits.
A: Regardless, it’s some excellent peach. When preserving fruits using honey, one risks them becoming overly sweet, but these peaches must’ve been a little sour to begin with, because they are the perfect level between the two.
R: Peaches can also aid in digestion, which means adding a honeyed peach or two to your meal routine will make you more active after a heavy dinner.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Potash was originally produced by refining the ashes of Broadleaf trees, and later from wood ashes as well.

L: There you have it folks, the fifteenth dish scored 21! More steady improvement, that’s what I like to see.

62969511.png
Bay 16: - Draco
@kindjoey123
Chocolate cindermint Ice Cream.

L: A modern dish with a traditional flare. Let’s see how that ties over with the judges.
N: I’ve already stated, I’m not a fan of mint. That’s still true even when using Cindermint.
A: Cindermint is widely considered better than mint among the culinary masters of the Ashfall Waste. While regular mint provides a cool kick, cindermint provides one that is a little hot. By working that into ice cream, it creates a lovely contrast.
R: Mint and chocolate have always been used to moderate each other, but only recently have dragons been combining spicy flavours with chocolate. It seems this competitor has twisted both variations together
L:Well how about some scores huh? We’ve seen Draco fair well with his meat dishes in the past. How has he done without that to back him up?

L: There you have it folks, the sixteenth dish scored 13! Perhaps we were too hasty to call him a one trick pony.

59604745.png
Bay 17: - Luck
@wardenofthebluff
Tin Can Chocolate Cake.

L: Well this definitely makes transporting the cake easier.
N: While it’s not the greatest form of cake, I can agree with you on that Latona. It’s a shame it looks so plain though.
R: It doesn’t need any decorations or embellishments though. The cake has a dense texture, perfect for chocolate cake.
A: And the icing is rich and thick. One a normal cake, one must worry about having enough icing to coat the sides as well. But in this format, you can spread it on thick just on top.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Just never put a tin dish or anything else metal in a microwave,

L: There you have it folks, the seventeenth dish scored 27! That’s enough to through this previously struggling contender into the top runnings!

35300587.png
Bay 18: - Radnov
@solarsam
Creme Brulee.

L: Yesterday Radnov served us some sweet spaghetti, can their actual dessert shape up?
R: This dessert is perfectly crisp on top. Nothing is more satisfying than cracking something like this open.
N: Given their choice for spaghetti topping, I would’ve thought this would be more sweet, but it’s actually quite muted.
A: To be honest, I actually preferred their candy-covered spaghetti. It might’ve been overly sweet, but it was inventive and fun.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Unless you’re a fire dragon like myself, do be careful when working with open flames. We would hate to have to start treating burns.

L: There you have it folks, the eighteenth dish scored 14! What an interesting mix up of scores.

37113233.png
Bay 19: - Moonlight
@browncoatparadox
Grassland Grain Pudding w/ Merry Melon Jam.

L: Merry Melons are actually a rather new discovery aren’t they?
R: Yes they are, which unfortunately means noones’s quite had the chance to perfect a recipe for it.
N: I admire the courage required to present a dish with something so untested. It has paid off though. It’s surprisingly tart flavour is complimented by the sugar used in preserving.
A: But let’s talk about the main part of this dish. Grassland grain may be a little dry on taste, but by adding a little vanilla to sweeten the pudding, you get this excellent light flavour. Not to mention how healthy this is. By using the wholegrain, they’ve created a dish that is very sustaining.
L:Well how about some scores huh? If you’ve discovered any good recipes for the merry melon already, now would be the time to serve them while everyone else flounders to keep up.

L: There you have it folks, the nineteenth dish scored 22! An unsurprisingly high score for such an inventive dish.

37028655.png
Bay 20: - Tigri
@milesss
Caramelised Orange Jelly Custard.

L: I’m not sure if this was the best combination of foods to put together.
A: Firstly, caramelised orange can be great if using Navel oranges, one of the sweetest. However this chef has used seville oranges, a much more sour variation. This has caused the melted sugar and sour fruit to clash harshly on the palate.
N: Jelly and Custard have often been put together in the form of trifles, but often go with nuts or breading to mute the overbearing sweetness of combining them.
R: While it may taste sweet, and be good in a small dish, it’s not great when serving to a large group or in large portions.
L: Well how about some scores huh? Oranges come in a large variety of species. While the most popular is the Navel Orange, some often forget that tangerines, clementines and mandarins are all technically oranges.

A: There you have it folks! The twentieth dish scored 7! Is this enough to shake them out contention?

22660976.png
Bay 21: - Fatir
@amapup
Chocolate Lava Cake.

L: I wish I could say this looked better than the peanut butter one, but this looks…
R: Burnt beyond belief?
N: Not to mention sunken.
A: Unfortunately, the sauce, which is quite smooth, can’t hide the unmistakable taste of burnt cake.
R: Lava cake can be difficult to cook well, as one risks crispening the whole thing, without the soft middle to mute it.
N: And it looks like this chef just isn’t so great with cakes.
L:Well how about some scores huh? When you have implements and tools as expensive as the ones being used here, it’s important to keep it safe. That’s why we have twenty-four seven security!

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-first dish scored 7! It doesn’t look like number 21 is doing too well, but don’t give up hope!

48355082.png
Bay 22: - Dinraal
@liland
Creme Brulee.

L: Another creme brulee? Our judges were quite indifferent to the last one. Is this any better? Or will it be worse?
A: It’s definitely sweeter than the last. This chef has used a large serving of vanilla to add to the taste.
N: Unfortunately, other than the distinctive vanilla, it’s a little bland. It’s nice, just not very interesting or remarkable.
R: It doesn’t crack quite like the other one, so while it may be sweeter, it’s not nearly as satisfying to eat.
L:Well how about some scores huh? I’m looking forward to some of the more interesting sounding dishes I have on my list here.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-second dish scored 18! That’s still improvement, we’ll get you into the twenties any day now.

27325494.png
Bay 23: - Igneous
@hippogriff412
Black Forest Gateau.

L: Yesterday saw a strong score from Igneous. Can they keep it up?
A: I was afraid this gateau would be too sweet and rich, but the fiery kirsch does wonders to contrast it.
N: These cherries have also deliberately been left unsweetened, meaning their slightly tart flavour compliments the richness of the chocolate cake.
R: His plate, hands and mouth are all covered in crumbs.
A: Mather, Raith. You’re such a slob for a culinary master.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Kirsch isn’t commonly used in cooking, but that fiery kick sure does make Black Forest Gateau unique.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-third dish scored 26! Do we have a potential winner right here before us?

7173591.png
Bay 24: - Chess
@jinxmoonstone
Tanghulu.

L: Once again number 23 is leaving a hard bar for 24 to follow, but they have been keeping up.
N: These are so neatly presented. There’s almost no mess when eating them. Not to mention that by using bamboo skewers, these are incredibly sustainable.
A: This particular dish has followed the tradition of using more sour fruits, such as pineapple, kiwi and raspberries so that it contrasts with the sugary syrup used to harden them.
R: It’s so incredibly simplistic though. There’s not a lot of effort that needs to go into the dish, and they’re hardly filling.
L:Well how about some scores huh? Another word from our sponsors: Looking for the perfect addition to your lair, but having trouble finding them? Too busy to work on it yourself? Ask the Dragonwish Foundation to help you out.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fourth dish scored 20! Still trailing behind 23, can they overtake them soon?

60848616.png
Bay 25: - Pumpkin
@enen16106
The Grey Stuff.

L: I wasn’t sure what tI was expecting from a dish called “the grey stuff”, but I don’t think this was it.
A: I think it’s quite cute. It seems to be pudding mix but made with crushed biscuits.
R: I’m sure it would be popular with hatchlings. It’s very sweet, and it’s soft for them to eat.
N: I do wish they hadn’t called it grey “stuff” though, the name is quite off putting.
A: I think it might be a reference to a song, dear. One popular with hatchlings.
L:Well how about some scores huh? After this we will break for a short while. She starts humming the familiar tune of “be our guest”.

L: There you have it folks, the twenty-fifth dish scored 20! And with the removal of pumpkin from this competitor’s dishes, their score scy rockets.

“Now it’s time for a quick break. While we’re away, feel free to check out the rest of the festival! There’s a great many games to be enjoyed. When we return, we’ll be tasting the rest of our dishes! Let’s get excited!”
_________________ fire_rune_100x100.png fire_rune_100x100.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 29 30