Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | GMM:BFTP Game Thread [D6]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53
@Oricole

No one said you can't ask questions. Some of these are hard to answer, but I'll give them a shot.

I haven't built many opinions on players yet, since approximately half of the olayers have never spoken. Current opinion: you're deliberately drawing attention to yourself, which is suspicious. @Rosetta248 has also drawn a little attention by casting the first vote, which is nothing I'm squinting at yet.

Potential scum dynamics are not something I've had experience with. The only time I've played as mafia is in one of those chat games, which went so fast there wasn't much time for dynamics. (Hey, this is one of those times that my experience is impacting my gameplay!)

I recognize @thatonespeedster, who I even said hi to in my first post. (I also recognize you, you held some of my dragons in AvP.) Everyone else is new to me.

I think Speedy and I are definitely town. Mod confirmed Speedy, and I read my rolecard. Everyone else is neutral.
@Oricole

No one said you can't ask questions. Some of these are hard to answer, but I'll give them a shot.

I haven't built many opinions on players yet, since approximately half of the olayers have never spoken. Current opinion: you're deliberately drawing attention to yourself, which is suspicious. @Rosetta248 has also drawn a little attention by casting the first vote, which is nothing I'm squinting at yet.

Potential scum dynamics are not something I've had experience with. The only time I've played as mafia is in one of those chat games, which went so fast there wasn't much time for dynamics. (Hey, this is one of those times that my experience is impacting my gameplay!)

I recognize @thatonespeedster, who I even said hi to in my first post. (I also recognize you, you held some of my dragons in AvP.) Everyone else is new to me.

I think Speedy and I are definitely town. Mod confirmed Speedy, and I read my rolecard. Everyone else is neutral.
He/She/They | FR +3
@quinnelope
1, i missed your hi to me, so hello :3

two, rosetta oddly enough never casted a vote. I just checked the lynch.

@oricole
unfortunately this is the second game ive played with you, so i dont happen to know your town playstyle...yet. You have the chance to always change my mind, I just have to see how you act for the duration of the remaining day.

@quinnelope
1, i missed your hi to me, so hello :3

two, rosetta oddly enough never casted a vote. I just checked the lynch.

@oricole
unfortunately this is the second game ive played with you, so i dont happen to know your town playstyle...yet. You have the chance to always change my mind, I just have to see how you act for the duration of the remaining day.

1DKhf3D.png
[quote name=RavenWolf] I have to hop on this lynch train too. I know in some cases a d1 lynch is bad, but the pressing of questions upon others and negligent answers is extremely suspicious, along with the fact they become defensive upon being called out.[/quote] @oricole this was their explanation for voting you
RavenWolf wrote:
I have to hop on this lynch train too. I know in some cases a d1 lynch is bad, but the pressing of questions upon others and negligent answers is extremely suspicious, along with the fact they become defensive upon being called out.
@oricole this was their explanation for voting you
1DKhf3D.png
@theonespeedster
They have 3 posts total.
Don't you find it strange, that instead of questioning my motives, this person jumps straight to voting me?
Doesn't even ping me, either.
@theonespeedster
They have 3 posts total.
Don't you find it strange, that instead of questioning my motives, this person jumps straight to voting me?
Doesn't even ping me, either.
sig110_by_dingobreath-dcmndep.png

RMJd8xc.gif
@oricole
1. why won't you answer the timezone pronouns, etc?
2. why shouldn't we vote you? you've thrust yourself into the spotlight, by accident or purpose i dunno, and made yourself suspicious, so why should we think you aren't?
@oricole
1. why won't you answer the timezone pronouns, etc?
2. why shouldn't we vote you? you've thrust yourself into the spotlight, by accident or purpose i dunno, and made yourself suspicious, so why should we think you aren't?
1DKhf3D.png
@Oricole
1. uhm??? why would we treat you differently??? what's the point in not sharing it??? neither of those are actual reasons but hey im not going to pry. Also thats a bit of a heavy mindset for a game

2. I'd like to at least get an intro out of you. This game isnt just prying answers out of people, it's seeing their intent naturally, looking for the little inconsistencies everyone has. If you only pry, everyone will be on guard, however if you let them be relaxed they have a better chance of messing up.
@Oricole
1. uhm??? why would we treat you differently??? what's the point in not sharing it??? neither of those are actual reasons but hey im not going to pry. Also thats a bit of a heavy mindset for a game

2. I'd like to at least get an intro out of you. This game isnt just prying answers out of people, it's seeing their intent naturally, looking for the little inconsistencies everyone has. If you only pry, everyone will be on guard, however if you let them be relaxed they have a better chance of messing up.
1DKhf3D.png
So, notes. Speedster is confirmed town. Yay. BlueCoriander-no meat to their posts. It's understandable right now, but. SilverMoonfire-no opinion. There isn't really any meat for me to look at yet here. mayheminchaos, artemisagrotera,darrensanders,tsaiah-haven't posted estetisk-one post, an intro post Quinn- I feel like quinn is town, thanks to their wording:"I think Speedy and I are definitely town. Mod confirmed Speedy, and I read my rolecard. Everyone else is neutral." maf should have a mafchat link so. Asked about everyone's experience levels, which they say is a thing they saw in previous games. I can believe that, but I also fear it's a new type of fishing. When asked, why ask that, they respond first with they like asking questions (yay)but I could consider this one potentially a titan. [quote name="quinnelope" date="2018-05-19 04:36:43" ] @/Oricole I asked about experience level since it's been asked in the two other FR games I've been in -- [u]I don't know what has you so paranoid. Town's weakness is a lack of information, so simple, innocuous-style questions are a good way for everyone to start getting reads.[/u] For now, my vote stays, but I'm watching you. [/quote] Quinn isn't wrong in that it does give information, but this early on, I think my point still stands too. Versus comparing for effort done (without enough samples it's hard to say plus possible lying, will require someone putting in the manual effort of backlogging and comparing) against maf getting recommendations for who to kill (hey, A says B is pretty sharp, better kill B first!) Watching me works, so long as it helps prove my innocence later on or something. [quote name="quinnelope" date="2018-05-19 05:26:19" ] @/Oricole No one said you can't ask questions. Some of these are hard to answer, but I'll give them a shot. I haven't built many opinions on players yet, since approximately half of the olayers have never spoken. Current opinion: you're deliberately drawing attention to yourself, which is suspicious. @/Rosetta248 has also drawn a little attention by casting the first vote, which is nothing I'm squinting at yet. [snip] [/quote] It shows thinking, at least? Although last sentence untrue, shows Quinn didn't check lynch thread before posting. But I'm feeling pretty good with Quinn, at least. Ravenwolf-I don't like Raven for suddenly appearing and hastily trying to lynch me, without trying to talk to me even once. Need to question more. Preferably tries to counter my defense. Rosetta248 has been suspecting me since I appeared for starting hardball immediately. It's not actually as hard as I'd like but sigh. Feels more fool than maf, for that particularly dramatic line about how if they die suspect me. Rosetta accuses me of being rebellious, [quote name="Rosetta248" date="2018-05-18 22:30:30" ] @//Oricole But you yourself are not answering the questions and asking rebellious to a simple request that everyone is asked to do. It's hostile, and for this reason tomorrow, unless you can give me a good reason why I shouldn't, you're my Lynch vote. All the flags are up Oricole. Also if I die, people will know exactly who to Lynch even if I am gone. [/quote] It's harmless, says Speed. It's simple, says Rosetta, but it's not. I'm sorry. It really isn't a case of rebelliousness though, it's just your one question. If you think that for some reason I would want to deliberately annoy you, and only you, it's not. But if there's a more game-relevant question you'd like to ask, go for it. But it's so dramatic though. If you want the attention I'm getting, do take it. Rosetta has been suspecting me since I first appeared, saying I'm jumping things (preferable to being jumpy though. Bc sue me for not introducing myself first I guess). And then refusing to introduce myself. Moving on, [quote name="Rosetta248" date="2018-05-18 19:57:14" ] @//quinnelope If you look on my profile page I would say that I have decent experience with mafia, though like I said, it's been a while and may be a little rusty. [u]I'm also with @/thatonespeedster So far @/Oricole seems the most suspicious, I still don't have an introduction and you keep questioning questions? Huh?[/u] [/quote] Possibly trying to associate with speedster. For context, [quote name="thatonespeedster" date="2018-05-18 19:41:38" ] @/oricole so we know what to expect from playstyle/lurking/sheeping situations testy testy, questioning everyone [/quote] Speed wrote this in reference to me questioning quinn about their motives for asking people about their experience levels(a question I did answer) My opinion on their suspecting of me is that I'm not playing like they'd expect. I don't do an intro, and continue to do so. Either finds me an attention-seeker through contrariness or because I'm hiding something by not doing the intro. Overall feeling about Rose? Doesn't feel like maf, simply put. Just too focused on me, maybe. That should be everyone. Hopefully I return in time in case the situation needs salvaging.
So, notes.
Speedster is confirmed town. Yay.
BlueCoriander-no meat to their posts. It's understandable right now, but.
SilverMoonfire-no opinion. There isn't really any meat for me to look at yet here.
mayheminchaos, artemisagrotera,darrensanders,tsaiah-haven't posted
estetisk-one post, an intro post
Quinn- I feel like quinn is town, thanks to their wording:"I think Speedy and I are definitely town. Mod confirmed Speedy, and I read my rolecard. Everyone else is neutral." maf should have a mafchat link so. Asked about everyone's experience levels, which they say is a thing they saw in previous games. I can believe that, but I also fear it's a new type of fishing. When asked, why ask that, they respond first with they like asking questions (yay)but I could consider this one potentially a titan.
quinnelope wrote on 2018-05-19 04:36:43:
@/Oricole

I asked about experience level since it's been asked in the two other FR games I've been in -- I don't know what has you so paranoid. Town's weakness is a lack of information, so simple, innocuous-style questions are a good way for everyone to start getting reads.

For now, my vote stays, but I'm watching you.
Quinn isn't wrong in that it does give information, but this early on, I think my point still stands too. Versus comparing for effort done (without enough samples it's hard to say plus possible lying, will require someone putting in the manual effort of backlogging and comparing) against maf getting recommendations for who to kill (hey, A says B is pretty sharp, better kill B first!)
Watching me works, so long as it helps prove my innocence later on or something.
quinnelope wrote on 2018-05-19 05:26:19:
@/Oricole

I haven't built many opinions on players yet, since approximately half of the olayers have never spoken. Current opinion: you're deliberately drawing attention to yourself, which is suspicious. @/Rosetta248 has also drawn a little attention by casting the first vote, which is nothing I'm squinting at yet.

[snip]
It shows thinking, at least? Although last sentence untrue, shows Quinn didn't check lynch thread before posting. But I'm feeling pretty good with Quinn, at least.

Ravenwolf-I don't like Raven for suddenly appearing and hastily trying to lynch me, without trying to talk to me even once. Need to question more. Preferably tries to counter my defense.

Rosetta248 has been suspecting me since I appeared for starting hardball immediately. It's not actually as hard as I'd like but sigh. Feels more fool than maf, for that particularly dramatic line about how if they die suspect me.
Rosetta accuses me of being rebellious,
Rosetta248 wrote on 2018-05-18 22:30:30:
@//Oricole
But you yourself are not answering the questions and asking rebellious to a simple request that everyone is asked to do. It's hostile, and for this reason tomorrow, unless you can give me a good reason why I shouldn't, you're my Lynch vote. All the flags are up Oricole. Also if I die, people will know exactly who to Lynch even if I am gone.
It's harmless, says Speed. It's simple, says Rosetta, but it's not. I'm sorry. It really isn't a case of rebelliousness though, it's just your one question. If you think that for some reason I would want to deliberately annoy you, and only you, it's not. But if there's a more game-relevant question you'd like to ask, go for it.
But it's so dramatic though. If you want the attention I'm getting, do take it.
Rosetta has been suspecting me since I first appeared, saying I'm jumping things (preferable to being jumpy though. Bc sue me for not introducing myself first I guess). And then refusing to introduce myself.
Moving on,
Rosetta248 wrote on 2018-05-18 19:57:14:
@//quinnelope
If you look on my profile page I would say that I have decent experience with mafia, though like I said, it's been a while and may be a little rusty.

I'm also with @/thatonespeedster
So far @/Oricole seems the most suspicious, I still don't have an introduction and you keep questioning questions? Huh?
Possibly trying to associate with speedster. For context,
thatonespeedster wrote on 2018-05-18 19:41:38:
@/oricole
so we know what to expect from playstyle/lurking/sheeping situations

testy testy, questioning everyone
Speed wrote this in reference to me questioning quinn about their motives for asking people about their experience levels(a question I did answer)
My opinion on their suspecting of me is that I'm not playing like they'd expect. I don't do an intro, and continue to do so. Either finds me an attention-seeker through contrariness or because I'm hiding something by not doing the intro.

Overall feeling about Rose? Doesn't feel like maf, simply put. Just too focused on me, maybe.

That should be everyone. Hopefully I return in time in case the situation needs salvaging.
sig110_by_dingobreath-dcmndep.png

RMJd8xc.gif
It's probably a bit too late to say this, but I can't find the lynch thread.
It's probably a bit too late to say this, but I can't find the lynch thread.
5l8pr2z.pngShe/Her, FR time +0 xxa34o89q.pngPinkerlocke xxxxgr5B45I.png Art Shop
@BlueCoriander

Link is near the bottom of the 4th mod post, 1st page.
@BlueCoriander

Link is near the bottom of the 4th mod post, 1st page.
He/She/They | FR +3
@quinnelope
Thanks!
@quinnelope
Thanks!
5l8pr2z.pngShe/Her, FR time +0 xxa34o89q.pngPinkerlocke xxxxgr5B45I.png Art Shop
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53