Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Fandom Hunger Mafia Game Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
I also have to proceed to work here shortly so responses from me may be spotty to non-existent until I at least go on break later tonight.
I also have to proceed to work here shortly so responses from me may be spotty to non-existent until I at least go on break later tonight.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@FloatingInSpace

Thanks. :)

In that case, I believe that yes, it can be alignment indicative if it is something the player does not usually do, unless they have stated before that they are trying to change their ways, such as Storm giving up mod-lynching. Anything anyone posts could tip us off whether or not they are Mafia.

@Rangiku

I was saying that they shouldn't include the basics because pretty much everyone had already made an intro post anyways.

Also, that is a good policy. I agree with that completely.
@FloatingInSpace

Thanks. :)

In that case, I believe that yes, it can be alignment indicative if it is something the player does not usually do, unless they have stated before that they are trying to change their ways, such as Storm giving up mod-lynching. Anything anyone posts could tip us off whether or not they are Mafia.

@Rangiku

I was saying that they shouldn't include the basics because pretty much everyone had already made an intro post anyways.

Also, that is a good policy. I agree with that completely.
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
hellooooooo I am 1/3 of the Salty Dead Raccoon hydra with @FloatinginSpace and @Limelight. Pronouns are I don't/ Give a Fk but if you must know then its she/her.

Meta can be somewhat useful I guess? You'd have to really know a person's play style to use meta correctly. I try not to use it when scum hunting.

As for actually scum hunting, I just float around and hope I'm doing alright.
hellooooooo I am 1/3 of the Salty Dead Raccoon hydra with @FloatinginSpace and @Limelight. Pronouns are I don't/ Give a Fk but if you must know then its she/her.

Meta can be somewhat useful I guess? You'd have to really know a person's play style to use meta correctly. I try not to use it when scum hunting.

As for actually scum hunting, I just float around and hope I'm doing alright.
hJ8OTHQ.gifELCP3EK.gifhoCtO2k.gif ~~~~~~~ tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png
hey I'm caleaf, idc what pronouns you use. my time zone is FR+3 so that means sometimes when it's late I won't be responding, and other times I'll be on at one in the morning ¯\_(?)_/¯

if I know the person decently well and have played personally with them, then sure, I'll use meta to help justify something I say, but I generally won't use it as the sole basis of a claim. for scumhunting, I basically read and reread everything someone I'm suspicious of posts and try to find inconsistencies. I <3 quoting.
hey I'm caleaf, idc what pronouns you use. my time zone is FR+3 so that means sometimes when it's late I won't be responding, and other times I'll be on at one in the morning ¯\_(?)_/¯

if I know the person decently well and have played personally with them, then sure, I'll use meta to help justify something I say, but I generally won't use it as the sole basis of a claim. for scumhunting, I basically read and reread everything someone I'm suspicious of posts and try to find inconsistencies. I <3 quoting.
*crickets chirping in the background*

Come ON, let's get discussion rolling! We need a good question to get everyone talking, if you ask me. What's everyone's opinion on Day One lynches? Personally, I say we should lynch every day. We should NEVER let the Mafia get a free kill without us even trying.
*crickets chirping in the background*

Come ON, let's get discussion rolling! We need a good question to get everyone talking, if you ask me. What's everyone's opinion on Day One lynches? Personally, I say we should lynch every day. We should NEVER let the Mafia get a free kill without us even trying.
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
I'm home from my day of being out of the house doing personal stuff that was boring as hell.

Anyway, the Meta question posed by @rangiku,

I don't like to use meta unless you really know how that person plays and still that can be dangerous territory because everyone's meta is different and can change often. Meta is not AI and I don't feel that it could ever be used to determine someone's alignment. Because meta can change, playstyle can change. Sure look at it as a reference point but try not to base the hole case on a person based meta. Just because they played the same way in one game and they were one alignment and they are playing the same way now, does not mean they are alignment this game.

@MagykalWagykal's question on scum hunting:
Actually I really don't have a set tactic I use. I just hope that whatever I do I do it right.
I'm home from my day of being out of the house doing personal stuff that was boring as hell.

Anyway, the Meta question posed by @rangiku,

I don't like to use meta unless you really know how that person plays and still that can be dangerous territory because everyone's meta is different and can change often. Meta is not AI and I don't feel that it could ever be used to determine someone's alignment. Because meta can change, playstyle can change. Sure look at it as a reference point but try not to base the hole case on a person based meta. Just because they played the same way in one game and they were one alignment and they are playing the same way now, does not mean they are alignment this game.

@MagykalWagykal's question on scum hunting:
Actually I really don't have a set tactic I use. I just hope that whatever I do I do it right.
And Day one lynches, It's day one, no different than day two, three, ect.. We just may not have much to go on for day one. A lynch will give us some information that we can use to possibly track down mafia. But a day one lynch is necessary. Personally though and this really goes for any day, If I don't feel that there is a good enough reason or enough evidence to vote for someone than I will abstain. Also I will not vote for inactives, they are bound to be replaced by the mod at some point.. Lurkers maybe, depending on if and when they have posted and if they are active on the site at all.
And Day one lynches, It's day one, no different than day two, three, ect.. We just may not have much to go on for day one. A lynch will give us some information that we can use to possibly track down mafia. But a day one lynch is necessary. Personally though and this really goes for any day, If I don't feel that there is a good enough reason or enough evidence to vote for someone than I will abstain. Also I will not vote for inactives, they are bound to be replaced by the mod at some point.. Lurkers maybe, depending on if and when they have posted and if they are active on the site at all.
[quote name="MagykalWagykal" date=2017-06-05 14:22:24] What's everyone's opinion on Day One lynches? [/quote] they're helpful (getting the flip information). on the other hand, usually there isn't much information to go off of on the first day. so I guess, for me, it really depends on whether the basis for a lynch is solid enough.
MagykalWagykal wrote on 2017-06-05:
What's everyone's opinion on Day One lynches?

they're helpful (getting the flip information). on the other hand, usually there isn't much information to go off of on the first day. so I guess, for me, it really depends on whether the basis for a lynch is solid enough.
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the @Oricole vote that FM84 has on them. It's pretty par for the course for FM, they don't like leaving lynches to last minute. Nothing about Oricole jumps out at me, however so I personally don't find the person in question very lynch worthy. Then again, nearly no one jumps out at me this time.

D1 lynch questions are like beating a dead horse; you either do them because you understand their importance, or you don't do them. Simple as that. They're town's best and only power, therefore always lynch.
I'm surprised no one's mentioned the @Oricole vote that FM84 has on them. It's pretty par for the course for FM, they don't like leaving lynches to last minute. Nothing about Oricole jumps out at me, however so I personally don't find the person in question very lynch worthy. Then again, nearly no one jumps out at me this time.

D1 lynch questions are like beating a dead horse; you either do them because you understand their importance, or you don't do them. Simple as that. They're town's best and only power, therefore always lynch.
uCR5SCW.png
[quote name="FloatingInSpace" date=2017-06-05 14:46:02] D1 lynch questions are like beating a dead horse; you either do them because you understand their importance, or you don't do them. Simple as that. They're town's best and only power, therefore always lynch. [/quote] Hydra Certified[sup]TM[/sup] :D
FloatingInSpace wrote on 2017-06-05:

Hydra CertifiedTM :D
hJ8OTHQ.gifELCP3EK.gifhoCtO2k.gif ~~~~~~~ tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42