Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Fandom Hunger Mafia Game Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
Whoops, ninja'd.

@Rangiku

And with questionnaires I honestly feel it's all in the questions you ask. If it's all just introductions and fluff, then yes I'd agree it's a waste of time, but if you ask questions on meta, what peoples' stances on day 1 lynches are, whether or not they are neg utility, etc, I feel they can be beneficial for gleaning info.
Whoops, ninja'd.

@Rangiku

And with questionnaires I honestly feel it's all in the questions you ask. If it's all just introductions and fluff, then yes I'd agree it's a waste of time, but if you ask questions on meta, what peoples' stances on day 1 lynches are, whether or not they are neg utility, etc, I feel they can be beneficial for gleaning info.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
Hi, I'm MagykalWagykal! She/her pronouns, and three plus FR time! :) I am usually very busy with swim team, but I will do the best I can to scumhunt with everyone. Luckily, this is a smaller game, so it's easier to catch up with (i.e., not having to read fifty pages). I'm usually better with small games, so yay! Very happy with my role, one of my FAVORITE fandom characters of all time! :D
Hi, I'm MagykalWagykal! She/her pronouns, and three plus FR time! :) I am usually very busy with swim team, but I will do the best I can to scumhunt with everyone. Luckily, this is a smaller game, so it's easier to catch up with (i.e., not having to read fifty pages). I'm usually better with small games, so yay! Very happy with my role, one of my FAVORITE fandom characters of all time! :D
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="@Rangiku" date=2017-06-05 08:18:01] What is your stance on meta? Do you feel it can be AI? Or appropriate to use in certain situations? [/quote] Forgive me for asking... What exactly is AI? And what exactly do you mean by having a 'stance' on meta? Are you asking how we usually play, how we think others in the game usually play, or something else? xD So confused rn, just got out of a freezing cold pool and my brain's a bit scrambled, to say the least.
@Rangiku wrote on 2017-06-05:

What is your stance on meta? Do you feel it can be AI? Or appropriate to use in certain situations?

Forgive me for asking... What exactly is AI? And what exactly do you mean by having a 'stance' on meta? Are you asking how we usually play, how we think others in the game usually play, or something else? xD So confused rn, just got out of a freezing cold pool and my brain's a bit scrambled, to say the least.
[quote name="YaBoiGuzma" date=2017-06-05 08:37:07] [quote name="Rangiku" date=2017-06-05 08:01:50] [quote name="Oricole" date=2017-06-04 23:05:46] smh. If you can't even get your other head's name right how will you get the facts right? Have nothing to say yet, per se. [/quote] It's called typos. Life happens and doesn't mean anything. [/quote] I feel like this was intended more as a sarcastic remark than anything else... Anywho, anyone interested in me typing out a little questionnaire to do some light probing and jumpstart conversation? I honestly haven't been on the mafia scene for a while, unsure if we still do them, lmao [/quote] Yes, that would be lovely. Skip all the boring filler questions like pronouns and usernames and such, this should be useful. We all should add a question, too. Mine will be... [b]How do you scumhunt? (i.e., using flavor, what people say, previous games, etc.)[/b]
YaBoiGuzma wrote on 2017-06-05:
Rangiku wrote on 2017-06-05:
Oricole wrote on 2017-06-04:
smh. If you can't even get your other head's name right how will you get the facts right?
Have nothing to say yet, per se.

It's called typos. Life happens and doesn't mean anything.

I feel like this was intended more as a sarcastic remark than anything else...

Anywho, anyone interested in me typing out a little questionnaire to do some light probing and jumpstart conversation? I honestly haven't been on the mafia scene for a while, unsure if we still do them, lmao

Yes, that would be lovely. Skip all the boring filler questions like pronouns and usernames and such, this should be useful. We all should add a question, too. Mine will be...

How do you scumhunt? (i.e., using flavor, what people say, previous games, etc.)
[quote name="@YaBoiGuzma" date=2017-06-05 08:41:44] Whoops, ninja'd. @\Rangiku And with questionnaires I honestly feel it's all in the questions you ask. If it's all just introductions and fluff, then yes I'd agree it's a waste of time, but if you ask questions on meta, what peoples' stances on day 1 lynches are, whether or not they are neg utility, etc, I feel they can be beneficial for gleaning info. [/quote] I agree with this one hundred percent. Now, let's get talking! We've got a Mafia to find, after all...
@YaBoiGuzma wrote on 2017-06-05:
Whoops, ninja'd.

@\Rangiku

I agree with this one hundred percent. Now, let's get talking! We've got a Mafia to find, after all...
Hello, I'm Space and a third of the Salty Dead Raccoon hydra alongside @limelight and @raiccoon. I use they/them pronouns and will default to them unless you are really uncomfortable in which case, ping me with your preferred ones. I don't mean any harm.

@MagykalWagykal

AI is alignment-indicative. Such things as acting overly defensive, fluff-posting a lot, and generally being unhelpful are considered AI because they are tell signs of mafiaso.

What is your stance on meta? Do you feel it can be AI? Or appropriate to use in certain situations?

I haven't played enough with anyone to want to make any meta calls so for this game, I won't be relying too hard on it.

I'm not a big fan of meta calls in general, since every game is different and people are going to act differently as they shape their playstyle and decide what is best given the circumstances. And unless you have a substantial pool of an individual being both scum and town, I wouldn't use it for anything other than the last nail to drive home the coffin. If someone's entire sus of someone relies solely on their meta, I'm not going to be very optimistic about it.

How do you scumhunt? (i.e., using flavor, what people say, previous games, etc.)

By yelling at people and hoping something hashes out. Like I said above, unless an individual has a substantial pool of games where they are both town and mafia for me to compare, I will not be relying on previous games. People change game to game as they develop a play style and as circumstances change.

Also night clues are overrated, especially in a game that has mostly vanilla town.
Hello, I'm Space and a third of the Salty Dead Raccoon hydra alongside @limelight and @raiccoon. I use they/them pronouns and will default to them unless you are really uncomfortable in which case, ping me with your preferred ones. I don't mean any harm.

@MagykalWagykal

AI is alignment-indicative. Such things as acting overly defensive, fluff-posting a lot, and generally being unhelpful are considered AI because they are tell signs of mafiaso.

I haven't played enough with anyone to want to make any meta calls so for this game, I won't be relying too hard on it.

I'm not a big fan of meta calls in general, since every game is different and people are going to act differently as they shape their playstyle and decide what is best given the circumstances. And unless you have a substantial pool of an individual being both scum and town, I wouldn't use it for anything other than the last nail to drive home the coffin. If someone's entire sus of someone relies solely on their meta, I'm not going to be very optimistic about it.

By yelling at people and hoping something hashes out. Like I said above, unless an individual has a substantial pool of games where they are both town and mafia for me to compare, I will not be relying on previous games. People change game to game as they develop a play style and as circumstances change.

Also night clues are overrated, especially in a game that has mostly vanilla town.
uCR5SCW.png
Relying on EotN and EotD to provide the scum hunting clues will more than likely prove fruitless, as the only thing that we will get is the deaths and their flips. They're only as useful as the actual discussion is.
Relying on EotN and EotD to provide the scum hunting clues will more than likely prove fruitless, as the only thing that we will get is the deaths and their flips. They're only as useful as the actual discussion is.
uCR5SCW.png
@YaBoiGuzma

Basically it was stupid to even mention it. A typo isn't necessarily AI, nor will it glean any information on a person and doesn't even denote any form on a person's meta. It felt more an waste then actually giving any useful information.

Mostly with the questionnaires from what I have seen in way of opinions from others is they tend to derail conversation as opposed to driving it. (Given yes, we sway from anything pertaining to fluff) More game driven questions are better; but it seems people asking singular questions have become more of a fuel igniter then posting a list of questions in one go.

Though I did ask one back there. Not sure if you caught it or not.

@ MagykalWagykal

Basic introductions such as pronoun preferences, timezones and preferred method of being addressed isn't necessarily a bad thing and gives players insight on potential user activity, gender identity and what names a person wishes to be called as so they know when their being addressed. I wouldn't necessarily say it's useless or boring. And it is day 0 after all. Usually day 0 is meant for introductions and getting the basics in. It's good after that to not allow conversation to grow stagnate and get it moving.

AI = Alignment Indicative. Basically my question refers to how you view meta, do you think it can indicate alignment and when do you feel it's appropriate it should be used (if at all) to denote a person's actions in a game.

To answer your question: I find it best to watch another player's actions closely. Take in what they are saying at the current, and in the past to see if they are being cohesive, consistent and have substance to what they are saying. Look for flaws or underlying wording within posts that could indicate slip ups. Also someone who is overly defensive, doesn't post enough or contribute to the discussion or lurks are other things I look for.
@YaBoiGuzma

Basically it was stupid to even mention it. A typo isn't necessarily AI, nor will it glean any information on a person and doesn't even denote any form on a person's meta. It felt more an waste then actually giving any useful information.

Mostly with the questionnaires from what I have seen in way of opinions from others is they tend to derail conversation as opposed to driving it. (Given yes, we sway from anything pertaining to fluff) More game driven questions are better; but it seems people asking singular questions have become more of a fuel igniter then posting a list of questions in one go.

Though I did ask one back there. Not sure if you caught it or not.

@ MagykalWagykal

Basic introductions such as pronoun preferences, timezones and preferred method of being addressed isn't necessarily a bad thing and gives players insight on potential user activity, gender identity and what names a person wishes to be called as so they know when their being addressed. I wouldn't necessarily say it's useless or boring. And it is day 0 after all. Usually day 0 is meant for introductions and getting the basics in. It's good after that to not allow conversation to grow stagnate and get it moving.

AI = Alignment Indicative. Basically my question refers to how you view meta, do you think it can indicate alignment and when do you feel it's appropriate it should be used (if at all) to denote a person's actions in a game.

To answer your question: I find it best to watch another player's actions closely. Take in what they are saying at the current, and in the past to see if they are being cohesive, consistent and have substance to what they are saying. Look for flaws or underlying wording within posts that could indicate slip ups. Also someone who is overly defensive, doesn't post enough or contribute to the discussion or lurks are other things I look for.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
Hi! My name is Limelight, FR+3 timezone and one of the Salty Dead Raccoon Hydra with @FloatingInSpace and @raiccoon. I use she/her pronouns -poke signature- If you do address the hydra or is talking about them; please ping me. If you are talking to/about me please ping. It's polite.

I'm not a fan of using meta to scumhunt. I also don't find them to be AI as every game is different, and every circumstances is also different. I don't like to reply on meta as I find it to be very unreliable. Like my fellow head, FloatingInSpace I will not be optimistic if someone's suspection of another player is based on meta only. If you're going to rely on meta a lot, I will not take you very seriously at all.

As for scumhunting I prefer to observe how other players interact with each other and seeing if they drop any crumbs that might hint to their true nature. I will ask questions as well. I dislike relying on flavour as it can distract from the true nature of mafia game which is discussing and debating among players.
Hi! My name is Limelight, FR+3 timezone and one of the Salty Dead Raccoon Hydra with @FloatingInSpace and @raiccoon. I use she/her pronouns -poke signature- If you do address the hydra or is talking about them; please ping me. If you are talking to/about me please ping. It's polite.

I'm not a fan of using meta to scumhunt. I also don't find them to be AI as every game is different, and every circumstances is also different. I don't like to reply on meta as I find it to be very unreliable. Like my fellow head, FloatingInSpace I will not be optimistic if someone's suspection of another player is based on meta only. If you're going to rely on meta a lot, I will not take you very seriously at all.

As for scumhunting I prefer to observe how other players interact with each other and seeing if they drop any crumbs that might hint to their true nature. I will ask questions as well. I dislike relying on flavour as it can distract from the true nature of mafia game which is discussing and debating among players.
@MagykalWagykal ^

I have a policy of no editing due to the fact that there is no way to prove someone isn't editing something that wasn't potentially incriminating. I didn't realize I messed up the ping.
@MagykalWagykal ^

I have a policy of no editing due to the fact that there is no way to prove someone isn't editing something that wasn't potentially incriminating. I didn't realize I messed up the ping.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42