Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Star Chart Studies
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
[center]@nielybh [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/3384e420b2048c057d7cb1efe6fc8de6/tumblr_oe2gslFfpi1qiov6ao1_400.jpg[/img] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20756889] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/207569/20756889.png[/img][/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21005798] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/210058/21005798.png[/img] [/url][/columns] "'Nora, c'mon!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=212572&tab=dragon&did=21005798]Mollen[/url] nibbled and pulled at the feathers from [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=212572&tab=dragon&did=20756889]Alianora[/url]'s wings, always gentle, never meaning to do any harm. "Up! There's something I want you to see!" "Go bother someone else, Mollen." Alia grumbled, wrapping her tail tighter against herself, not even bothering to open her eyes. Mollen puffed, spoiled princess that she is, and tried to reach her from another angle, perched on top of the larger dragon. "But it's so cool! You gotta see!" she insisted, giving up on her nibbling to lie down on top of the Wildclaw. Apparently she decided letting all her weight fall on top of her mate would be the best way to annoy her into wakefulness. Alianora fights off much heavier foes regularly, but granted, not when she was trying to rest. "Why don't you go wake up Mirth, for a change?" she sighed, tired. Running all over the Starfall Isles to try and help with the current crisis took its toll on her. "Mirth went back home with Nita to help Ink!" Mollen reminded her. "He left just this morning, 'Nora. It's just the two of us. Now come oooooooon, you'll like it!" Letting out a tired sigh, Alianora rose to her feet, just fast enough to startle Mollen, but not to hurt her. "Alright, fine. Out with it." Instead of answering, Mollen left their temporary nest, tail twitching with excitement as she looked back, clearly wanting her mate to follow. Honestly, Alianora still wasn't sure why she put up with this in a regular basis. She never had the patience to deal with spoiled brats, and Mollen certainly fit among that group, most of the time. The Skydancer led the way out of the temporary den the Clan had been using as a lair during the Celebration and to the top of a small hill, where she had clearly abandoned all her fancy stargazing materials. Once there, Mollen sat, grabbing a couple of her parchments and eyeing Alianora expectantly. Sighing, the Wildclaw sat next to her, waiting an explanation. "Look what I found!" Mollen pointed proudly at her chart, a few white lines marked onto it. Several seconds passed in total silence as Alianora stared at the chart. "... You woke me up and dragged me all the way up here for a bunch of squiggles?" "No!!!" Mollen's feathers puffed. "It's a constellation! I hadn't seen it before, but it's there! Maybe it's new! Don't you see it?" "..." Instead of answering, she yawned, pointy teeth glinting under the moonlight. Mollen sighed, grabbing another pen and some light purple ink. "I'm not the best artist..." she grumbled, never happy to admit her flaws. "But..." she showed Alianora the outline she had drawn. The clumsy purple lines formed a sinuous shape, with something resembling wings and a face. "It's a Spiral!" she said, proudly. "Well. Kinda. I'm still working on names." Alianora's eyes softened. So that's what her mate had been doing for hours, instead of coming to bed. "I wouldn't call it a Spiral." she said, carefully. "Though it is pretty long. Maybe... A snake of sorts?" Mollen hummed thoughtfully, looking down at her own drawing. Suddenly she jumped, startling her mate and almost knocking down her writing apparatus. "Oh, I know! It's a Serpent! The Night Serpent, that's what we'll call it!" "If you say so, dear." 'Nora smiled, watching as her mate grapped a few more charts and babbled on and on about Astronomy. Sure, maybe running around Arcane territory all day is very tiresome, but she thought maybe she could spend a few hours of each night indulging in her lover's enthusiasm for the night sky. [quote name="The Night Serpent"] [i]Only appearing during early Fall onto the Eastern skies of Sornieth, the Night Serpent symbolizes young love and unparalled optimist. It is believed that the Constellation represents a minor deity who, according to legend, dedicated her existence to protecting young couples from bad luck and ill wishes.[/i] [/quote][/center]
@nielybh

tumblr_oe2gslFfpi1qiov6ao1_400.jpg

20756889.png

21005798.png

"'Nora, c'mon!" Mollen nibbled and pulled at the feathers from Alianora's wings, always gentle, never meaning to do any harm. "Up! There's something I want you to see!"

"Go bother someone else, Mollen." Alia grumbled, wrapping her tail tighter against herself, not even bothering to open her eyes. Mollen puffed, spoiled princess that she is, and tried to reach her from another angle, perched on top of the larger dragon.

"But it's so cool! You gotta see!" she insisted, giving up on her nibbling to lie down on top of the Wildclaw. Apparently she decided letting all her weight fall on top of her mate would be the best way to annoy her into wakefulness. Alianora fights off much heavier foes regularly, but granted, not when she was trying to rest.

"Why don't you go wake up Mirth, for a change?" she sighed, tired. Running all over the Starfall Isles to try and help with the current crisis took its toll on her.

"Mirth went back home with Nita to help Ink!" Mollen reminded her. "He left just this morning, 'Nora. It's just the two of us. Now come oooooooon, you'll like it!"

Letting out a tired sigh, Alianora rose to her feet, just fast enough to startle Mollen, but not to hurt her. "Alright, fine. Out with it."

Instead of answering, Mollen left their temporary nest, tail twitching with excitement as she looked back, clearly wanting her mate to follow. Honestly, Alianora still wasn't sure why she put up with this in a regular basis. She never had the patience to deal with spoiled brats, and Mollen certainly fit among that group, most of the time.

The Skydancer led the way out of the temporary den the Clan had been using as a lair during the Celebration and to the top of a small hill, where she had clearly abandoned all her fancy stargazing materials. Once there, Mollen sat, grabbing a couple of her parchments and eyeing Alianora expectantly. Sighing, the Wildclaw sat next to her, waiting an explanation.

"Look what I found!" Mollen pointed proudly at her chart, a few white lines marked onto it.

Several seconds passed in total silence as Alianora stared at the chart.

"... You woke me up and dragged me all the way up here for a bunch of squiggles?"

"No!!!" Mollen's feathers puffed. "It's a constellation! I hadn't seen it before, but it's there! Maybe it's new! Don't you see it?"

"..." Instead of answering, she yawned, pointy teeth glinting under the moonlight. Mollen sighed, grabbing another pen and some light purple ink.

"I'm not the best artist..." she grumbled, never happy to admit her flaws. "But..." she showed Alianora the outline she had drawn. The clumsy purple lines formed a sinuous shape, with something resembling wings and a face. "It's a Spiral!" she said, proudly. "Well. Kinda. I'm still working on names."

Alianora's eyes softened. So that's what her mate had been doing for hours, instead of coming to bed. "I wouldn't call it a Spiral." she said, carefully. "Though it is pretty long. Maybe... A snake of sorts?"

Mollen hummed thoughtfully, looking down at her own drawing. Suddenly she jumped, startling her mate and almost knocking down her writing apparatus. "Oh, I know! It's a Serpent! The Night Serpent, that's what we'll call it!"

"If you say so, dear." 'Nora smiled, watching as her mate grapped a few more charts and babbled on and on about Astronomy. Sure, maybe running around Arcane territory all day is very tiresome, but she thought maybe she could spend a few hours of each night indulging in her lover's enthusiasm for the night sky.
The Night Serpent wrote:
Only appearing during early Fall onto the Eastern skies of Sornieth, the Night Serpent symbolizes young love and unparalled optimist. It is believed that the Constellation represents a minor deity who, according to legend, dedicated her existence to protecting young couples from bad luck and ill wishes.
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png
@Sorulis [img]http://i.imgur.com/TcQ8ChH.png[/img] [b][i]The White Horse Constellation [/i][/b] The White Horse Constellation has quite the intense polarizing effect. The White Horse Constellation used to be rather difficult to find. Legend says that the stary horse was alive and used to enjoy galloping throughout the sky going wherever it pleases, as the horse grew older it decided to settle down and it currently enjoys it's own piece of the sky. Many dragons seek out constellation believing that the white horse has an array of positive symbolism; freedom, wisdom, power, loyalty, love, and stability. Whilst on the other hand, some dragons believe that the White Horse Constellation is a bad omen and represents death.
@Sorulis
TcQ8ChH.png
The White Horse Constellation

The White Horse Constellation has quite the intense polarizing effect.
The White Horse Constellation used to be rather difficult to find. Legend says that the stary horse was alive and used to enjoy galloping throughout the sky going wherever it pleases, as the horse grew older it decided to settle down and it currently enjoys it's own piece of the sky.

Many dragons seek out constellation believing that the white horse has an array of positive symbolism; freedom, wisdom, power, loyalty, love, and stability.
Whilst on the other hand, some dragons believe that the White Horse Constellation is a bad omen and represents death.
HzEcRBY.png

Be Their Light
@Treesponge [img]http://i.imgur.com/oWEuDfz.png[/img] The (poorly drawn) Wings of Space [quote=Lore] The Wings of Space represent exploration and discovery. They inspire ambition in explorers and invigorate weary travelers. The ambiguous shape has sparked arguments over whether the constellation is more like wings or fins.[/quote]
@Treesponge
oWEuDfz.png
The (poorly drawn) Wings of Space
Lore wrote:
The Wings of Space represent exploration and discovery. They inspire ambition in explorers and invigorate weary travelers. The ambiguous shape has sparked arguments over whether the constellation is more like wings or fins.
evQCX9v.gifMmBygYl.gif 41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
@Sorulis I posted mine to tumblr because I don't have an imgur or tinypic account. Here's my entry for today :) I give you: The Failed Blue Spacebird [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/ea615fe255c0e17e3c7faf63fcf9b9ee/tumblr_oe2jjbH4fK1ssctg1o1_400.gif[/img] Bonus lore: At one point, the Arcanist decided that he would try to make a new familiar for the dragons of his flight, to make up for the times that he nearly ended the world and they had to save it. Forgetting that he wasn’t much of an artist unless it came to drawing star charts, he set to work. The end result wasn’t….quite what he’d hoped for, and he quickly banished the end result, turning it into an obscure constellation so that no one would know. Still, crafty dragons can pick out the stars that form the constellation that was once a familiar created by the Arcanist, a rather odd looking bird.
@Sorulis
I posted mine to tumblr because I don't have an imgur or tinypic account. Here's my entry for today :) I give you: The Failed Blue Spacebird
tumblr_oe2jjbH4fK1ssctg1o1_400.gif

Bonus lore:
At one point, the Arcanist decided that he would try to make a new familiar for the dragons of his flight, to make up for the times that he nearly ended the world and they had to save it. Forgetting that he wasn’t much of an artist unless it came to drawing star charts, he set to work.

The end result wasn’t….quite what he’d hoped for, and he quickly banished the end result, turning it into an obscure constellation so that no one would know. Still, crafty dragons can pick out the stars that form the constellation that was once a familiar created by the Arcanist, a rather odd looking bird.
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
[center]@Sorulis [img]http://i.imgur.com/VPl4UT5.gif[/img] [b]it a coatl[/b] Lore- We're soarin', flyin' There's not a star in heaven That we can't reach If we're trying So we're breaking free You know the world can see us In a way that's different than who we are Creating space between us 'Til we're separate hearts But your faith it gives me strength Strength to believe We're breakin' free!![/center] [b]Edit[/b]- should be fixed now @Sorulis if its not heres a link http://i.imgur.com/VPl4UT5.gif
@Sorulis
VPl4UT5.gif
it a coatl
Lore- We're soarin', flyin' There's not a star in heaven That we can't reach If we're trying So we're breaking free You know the world can see us In a way that's different than who we are Creating space between us 'Til we're separate hearts But your faith it gives me strength Strength to believe We're breakin' free!!

Edit- should be fixed now @Sorulis if its not heres a link http://i.imgur.com/VPl4UT5.gif
@NinaOsp [s]Mollen that's not how your mother raised you[/s] I love every part of it :o [quote][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20594171][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/205942/20594171.png[/img][/url][nextcol]It wasn't a long way from their new lair location at the Focal Point to their friendly Shadow clan camping site in the Strand, yet Itzel considered many times asking Silverite to go in her behalf, even if she was the one who volunteered to work for the Star Charting event. In the end, she put the idea aside for the sake of duty and flew to Starwood avoiding the occasional meteors. Another "end of the world", though not surprising, could be such a nuisance sometimes. Once there she didn't take long to recognize Mollen and her mate, already too-familiarized with them. Mollen was still sitting by her observation instruments, concentrated on a small pile of parchments, drafted star maps for the look of it, when Itzel clicked her tongue to get the Skydancer's attention. [i]"You called me because you said you had something worth seeing, where is it?"[/i] The dark dragon didn't even had to look at the white Coatl nearby to recognize her, she simply unrolled a separated parchment laying next to the pile and turned it for Itzel to see, excitement shining in her eyes.[i] "I thought you'd like it, grumpy. My research on it is in the bottom."[/i] Itzel took the parchment and scanned both the constellation layout and the more elaborate drawing of a long winged serpent over the connecting lines, and soon enough, also the few lines of explanation underneath it. [i]"I see."[/i] she said as she picked her own Astronomy guide, opened on a bookmarked page and layed the parchment side by side with the book to compare the maps laid in front of her. [i]"Most impressive, it's definitely worth something, despite the unnecessary cheesiness to it. I'll come back in a bit with your rewards, wait here."[/i] The Coatl collected her manual and Mollen's chart but turned back to her briefly [i]"Oh, your parents send their regards and say you should go visit them at least once before the festival is over."[/i] and then she flew off again into the pink smoke-tinged night sky. [/quote]
@NinaOsp

Mollen that's not how your mother raised you I love every part of it :o

Quote:
20594171.png It wasn't a long way from their new lair location at the Focal Point to their friendly Shadow clan camping site in the Strand, yet Itzel considered many times asking Silverite to go in her behalf, even if she was the one who volunteered to work for the Star Charting event. In the end, she put the idea aside for the sake of duty and flew to Starwood avoiding the occasional meteors. Another "end of the world", though not surprising, could be such a nuisance sometimes.

Once there she didn't take long to recognize Mollen and her mate, already too-familiarized with them. Mollen was still sitting by her observation instruments, concentrated on a small pile of parchments, drafted star maps for the look of it, when Itzel clicked her tongue to get the Skydancer's attention. "You called me because you said you had something worth seeing, where is it?"

The dark dragon didn't even had to look at the white Coatl nearby to recognize her, she simply unrolled a separated parchment laying next to the pile and turned it for Itzel to see, excitement shining in her eyes. "I thought you'd like it, grumpy. My research on it is in the bottom."

Itzel took the parchment and scanned both the constellation layout and the more elaborate drawing of a long winged serpent over the connecting lines, and soon enough, also the few lines of explanation underneath it. "I see." she said as she picked her own Astronomy guide, opened on a bookmarked page and layed the parchment side by side with the book to compare the maps laid in front of her.

"Most impressive, it's definitely worth something, despite the unnecessary cheesiness to it. I'll come back in a bit with your rewards, wait here." The Coatl collected her manual and Mollen's chart but turned back to her briefly "Oh, your parents send their regards and say you should go visit them at least once before the festival is over." and then she flew off again into the pink smoke-tinged night sky.
Yy6exMZ.png
@beargirl1393
Ooh that's so cute! The reference to the Arcanist's art skills is pretty funny. Using tumblr is perfectly fine ^ - ^

Working on your prize pack now!

@AngelicPretty
The image is broken for me; once you fix it, please ping one of the attendants and they'll put together your prize pack!
@beargirl1393
Ooh that's so cute! The reference to the Arcanist's art skills is pretty funny. Using tumblr is perfectly fine ^ - ^

Working on your prize pack now!

@AngelicPretty
The image is broken for me; once you fix it, please ping one of the attendants and they'll put together your prize pack!
bhg_small_by_xnedra22-d8fsyoj.png
@Elysiuhm
(Sorry, I lost your ping among the mass pinging I had this morning)
Wow that's really cute! The fact that dragons go to the White Horse for advice is heartwarming ^ - ^

@AngelicPretty
Is.. is that a song? It's very cute, and your artwork is adorable.

Prize packs are currently being put together and should be sent out shortly! :D
@Elysiuhm
(Sorry, I lost your ping among the mass pinging I had this morning)
Wow that's really cute! The fact that dragons go to the White Horse for advice is heartwarming ^ - ^

@AngelicPretty
Is.. is that a song? It's very cute, and your artwork is adorable.

Prize packs are currently being put together and should be sent out shortly! :D
bhg_small_by_xnedra22-d8fsyoj.png
@Sorulis
Thank you so much! I'm not really good at art, but it was really fun to do. I'll definitely try again tomorrow :)
@Sorulis
Thank you so much! I'm not really good at art, but it was really fun to do. I'll definitely try again tomorrow :)
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
@Sorulis [img]http://i.imgur.com/Doo6uK1.png[/img] [b]The Maren Constellation[/b] Legends tell of a maren who was enamored with the night sky. She would often dream of swimming with the stars to the point of wishing she was part of the celestial bodies. Her fellow maren thought she was foolish, but she never let their words bother her. Until one night she was gone entirely. A new constellation appeared just days after the maren's disappearance, its shape looking oddly like a maren. Perhaps her wish came true...
@Sorulis
Doo6uK1.png
The Maren Constellation

Legends tell of a maren who was enamored with the night sky. She would often dream of swimming with the stars to the point of wishing she was part of the celestial bodies. Her fellow maren thought she was foolish, but she never let their words bother her. Until one night she was gone entirely. A new constellation appeared just days after the maren's disappearance, its shape looking oddly like a maren. Perhaps her wish came true...
yHVNH4X.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12