Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | A Writer's Doors Game
1 2 ... 324 325 326 327 328 ... 427 428
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/vPiK45F.jpg[/img] [size=1][size=2] [url=https://unsplash.com/photos/PP8Escz15d8]img credit[/url][/size][/size][/center] Despite the general consensus that deserts are terrible places to spend your free time in, you find yourself in the middle of one, the sun's unforgiving heat making no exception for you. Whatever reason you have for being out here, recently you've felt a faint pulling on your soul. Something has been telling you to go further into the dunes. Whether it's intuition, or fate, or a failing sense of direction, you decide to listen to it. This pulling leads you to the mouth of a small cave - easy to miss from the air, easier still from the ground and surrounded by golden sands. It tugs you down, where the arid climate cools and the air around you becomes contrastingly humid. Fortunately you had the foresight to bring some light to see by for this unscheduled adventure. The tunnel starts to level out after ages of walking, its walls slowly widening away from you (unlike earlier, when each slight shift meant brushing against the stone). Very soon, those walls seem to end abruptly. You lift your light higher and see that the tunnel has opened into a large cavern, where you find old columns and smooth steps apparently carved from the stone itself. The steps lead up to a humble-looking temple that, though beautifully detailed, is dwarfed by a good number of shrines you've seen dedicated to one of the Eleven. The old temple appears abandoned at first, but then you hear something slithering against the stone. "Is that a visitor?" a voice from the darkness says. "A visitor? Here? It has been so, so [i]long[/i]." [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49629316][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/496294/49629316_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Looking up, you see a snake-like creature slithering between the cavern's stalactites, his scales grinding against the cold stone above. At first glance he looks like any other spiral, but as he comes closer and closer, something seems off about him, something besides the chains he drag behind himself. The whole cavern seems to light up with his arrival, though you can't see the light source responsible, and it seems like the closer he gets, the larger he becomes. Much too large for a normal spiral. The spiral (?) glides down from the ceiling and gracefully lands in front of you, his body now clearly a few times larger than the average dragon. "Tell me," he begins eagerly, his eyes entirely focused on you. "You must have come here seeking something. Does gold whisper in your ears as you sleep? Do you want your fellows to revere your name? Do you lust after the power to crush your enemies before they can even [i]think[/i] to raise a blade against you? Tell me, tell me," the other being lowers his head to meet your eyes, "what are your desires?" You open your mouth to reply when he shushes you harshly. "Your petition will be heard. But first, you will grant me a wish of my own." He raises his hands to his face and pulls out his three eyes with little fanfare. "It has been centuries since I, Paxuzu, was free. Take one of my eyes and leave. Whisper your dreams to it while you show it the world - places that have great meaning for you, places with history, places of power, whatever you wish. Then return with my eye. I will bestow upon you a gift for your services." He grins down at you, eyeless and blind, but you still feel his gaze. "Do not take too long to come back to my prison." He rests his cupped hands before you, his three great eyes, large enough to be confused with a pearlcatcher's pearl, laying there, still and waiting. Which will you take? What will you show it? [i]this is a more interactive an open-ended one than normal, but if roleplay isn't your jam, feel free to just pick an eye and be on your way! Paxuzu can take care of the rest :>[/i] [indent]1. [i]take Paxuzu's left eye[/i] 2. [i]take Paxuzu's middle eye[/i] 3. [i]take Paxuzu's right eye[/i][/indent]

Despite the general consensus that deserts are terrible places to spend your free time in, you find yourself in the middle of one, the sun's unforgiving heat making no exception for you. Whatever reason you have for being out here, recently you've felt a faint pulling on your soul. Something has been telling you to go further into the dunes. Whether it's intuition, or fate, or a failing sense of direction, you decide to listen to it.

This pulling leads you to the mouth of a small cave - easy to miss from the air, easier still from the ground and surrounded by golden sands. It tugs you down, where the arid climate cools and the air around you becomes contrastingly humid. Fortunately you had the foresight to bring some light to see by for this unscheduled adventure.

The tunnel starts to level out after ages of walking, its walls slowly widening away from you (unlike earlier, when each slight shift meant brushing against the stone). Very soon, those walls seem to end abruptly. You lift your light higher and see that the tunnel has opened into a large cavern, where you find old columns and smooth steps apparently carved from the stone itself. The steps lead up to a humble-looking temple that, though beautifully detailed, is dwarfed by a good number of shrines you've seen dedicated to one of the Eleven.

The old temple appears abandoned at first, but then you hear something slithering against the stone.

"Is that a visitor?" a voice from the darkness says. "A visitor? Here? It has been so, so long."

49629316_350.png

Looking up, you see a snake-like creature slithering between the cavern's stalactites, his scales grinding against the cold stone above. At first glance he looks like any other spiral, but as he comes closer and closer, something seems off about him, something besides the chains he drag behind himself. The whole cavern seems to light up with his arrival, though you can't see the light source responsible, and it seems like the closer he gets, the larger he becomes. Much too large for a normal spiral.

The spiral (?) glides down from the ceiling and gracefully lands in front of you, his body now clearly a few times larger than the average dragon. "Tell me," he begins eagerly, his eyes entirely focused on you. "You must have come here seeking something. Does gold whisper in your ears as you sleep? Do you want your fellows to revere your name? Do you lust after the power to crush your enemies before they can even think to raise a blade against you? Tell me, tell me," the other being lowers his head to meet your eyes, "what are your desires?"

You open your mouth to reply when he shushes you harshly. "Your petition will be heard. But first, you will grant me a wish of my own." He raises his hands to his face and pulls out his three eyes with little fanfare. "It has been centuries since I, Paxuzu, was free. Take one of my eyes and leave. Whisper your dreams to it while you show it the world - places that have great meaning for you, places with history, places of power, whatever you wish. Then return with my eye. I will bestow upon you a gift for your services." He grins down at you, eyeless and blind, but you still feel his gaze. "Do not take too long to come back to my prison."

He rests his cupped hands before you, his three great eyes, large enough to be confused with a pearlcatcher's pearl, laying there, still and waiting. Which will you take? What will you show it?

this is a more interactive an open-ended one than normal, but if roleplay isn't your jam, feel free to just pick an eye and be on your way! Paxuzu can take care of the rest :>

1. take Paxuzu's left eye
2. take Paxuzu's middle eye
3. take Paxuzu's right eye
La96jc2.png . » fr +0
» adopts
» w. list
@Pai [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=109&bodygene=1&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=109&tertgene=21&winggene=25&wings=109&auth=89f197c7ee5becc2fc44765c7d10d2fd0bea730f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Stellar takes the middle eye and heads off. She keeps it with her as she travels around, but keeps it a secret. She travelled to the festival, and met many new dragons. She flew across different territories and learned about their culture and what they did. At night, when she was alone, she whispered to the eye, [i]I want to be able to speak any language, understand anything. So many places I visted spoke different languages I didn't know. I wish that I could be stronger, so many bad dragons tried to hurt me, and I want to fight back. I wish that I was richer, then I could go more places, and quicker. I wish...[/i] After a week, she headed back to the spiral like creature. ((ahhh this is my first time, did i do it right?)
@Pai

dragon?age=0&body=109&bodygene=1&breed=1&element=9&eyetype=6&gender=0&tert=109&tertgene=21&winggene=25&wings=109&auth=89f197c7ee5becc2fc44765c7d10d2fd0bea730f&dummyext=prev.png
Stellar takes the middle eye and heads off. She keeps it with her as she travels around, but keeps it a secret. She travelled to the festival, and met many new dragons. She flew across different territories and learned about their culture and what they did. At night, when she was alone, she whispered to the eye, I want to be able to speak any language, understand anything. So many places I visted spoke different languages I didn't know. I wish that I could be stronger, so many bad dragons tried to hurt me, and I want to fight back. I wish that I was richer, then I could go more places, and quicker. I wish... After a week, she headed back to the spiral like creature.
((ahhh this is my first time, did i do it right?)
@pai [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62746138][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/627462/62746138_350.png[/img][/url][/center] The young Pearlcatcher Cypress reached for the right eye. It was nearly the size of his pearl, and that gave him an idea. He slipped his pearl out of its carrying pouch and placed the eye inside. "I have very few memories worth preserving," he said to the Spiral. "But if you will guard my pearl, I will guard your eye. Then I can tell it all the memories I would have added to my pearl." "That is hardly a fair trade," the Spiral said with a grin. He accepted the pearl almost hungrily. "To be sure, I will guard your prize." Cypress nodded. Then, before he forgot, he whispered to the Eye that he would like to return to the mysterious cave in the desert. The Eye seemed to wink at him. His journey took him to the lands of Arcania, where he beheld many strange sights. He shared them all with the Eye every night, but still felt that a piece of himself was missing. The Eye looked at him meaningfully, and he remembered his pearl and the task he had been sent to do. As he made his way back to the cave in the desert, he thought with all his might about what he would ask of the Eye in return. Vaguely, as if in a dream, he remembered the clan he had left behind to go questing--questing for what? "My purpose," he said to the Eye, which looked at him sympathetically. "My clan has a wise leader and many various council members. We have a healer, adventurers, cooks, candymakers, warriors, hunters, gatherers, and gardeners. We have tailors and babysitters and a librarian. We have a treasurer and a recordkeeper and assistants for both. We have a whole slew of alchemists and engineers and blacksmiths. We have seers and mystics. We have players, dancers, poets, and singers." He sighed. "And on the outskirts of the clan, there are those whose freeloading presence is only tolerated because their children are dedicated to the Tidelord. If I do not find a purpose, a way to be useful to the clan, I am destined to merely be one of these." "It's not that I have an objection to finding a pretty mate and settling down," he added hastily. "But I love my clan, and I wish I could find a way to serve them in other ways." The Eye stared back at him. He sighed again. He would have to wait until he returned to the Spiral to find if there were any answers for him.
@pai
62746138_350.png

The young Pearlcatcher Cypress reached for the right eye. It was nearly the size of his pearl, and that gave him an idea. He slipped his pearl out of its carrying pouch and placed the eye inside. "I have very few memories worth preserving," he said to the Spiral. "But if you will guard my pearl, I will guard your eye. Then I can tell it all the memories I would have added to my pearl."

"That is hardly a fair trade," the Spiral said with a grin. He accepted the pearl almost hungrily. "To be sure, I will guard your prize."

Cypress nodded. Then, before he forgot, he whispered to the Eye that he would like to return to the mysterious cave in the desert. The Eye seemed to wink at him.

His journey took him to the lands of Arcania, where he beheld many strange sights. He shared them all with the Eye every night, but still felt that a piece of himself was missing.

The Eye looked at him meaningfully, and he remembered his pearl and the task he had been sent to do. As he made his way back to the cave in the desert, he thought with all his might about what he would ask of the Eye in return. Vaguely, as if in a dream, he remembered the clan he had left behind to go questing--questing for what?

"My purpose," he said to the Eye, which looked at him sympathetically. "My clan has a wise leader and many various council members. We have a healer, adventurers, cooks, candymakers, warriors, hunters, gatherers, and gardeners. We have tailors and babysitters and a librarian. We have a treasurer and a recordkeeper and assistants for both. We have a whole slew of alchemists and engineers and blacksmiths. We have seers and mystics. We have players, dancers, poets, and singers." He sighed. "And on the outskirts of the clan, there are those whose freeloading presence is only tolerated because their children are dedicated to the Tidelord. If I do not find a purpose, a way to be useful to the clan, I am destined to merely be one of these."

"It's not that I have an objection to finding a pretty mate and settling down," he added hastily. "But I love my clan, and I wish I could find a way to serve them in other ways."

The Eye stared back at him. He sighed again. He would have to wait until he returned to the Spiral to find if there were any answers for him.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63106140][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/631062/63106140_350.png[/img][/url] [IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/xC1w6kzh/divider.png[/IMG] The moment a voice ran in the cavern, all eyes were on the spiral, a quite impressive amount of them for a single dragon in fact. Dright watched the spiral approach, listened to it's words intently for a hint of aggression that never came. The strange dragon had quite caught his attention, the promise of wishes granted excited the guardian so. Dright listened, hardly saying a word as he reached for the [i]left eye[/i], tugging it into his scarf. "Another eye", he mumbled drily, "as if I don't have enough of those." The guardian took the eye around the world, being an aimless wanderer himself in search of something he had yet to determine. At first his intention had been to ask for riches, for power but as he wandered the world alone his mind began to change. "I wonder if you could reveal my origin", he said to the eye one night, having long ago taken the habit of talking to it when he was alone for long periods of time. "I can't for the life of me remember where I came from and who raised me. I assumed I was abandoned but even that makes little sense since I don't have a single memory of having a parent... Not to mention the fact that I'm covered in eyes, eyes that see things that happend before and things that will happen after." The guardian sighed and curled around the eye to sleep, not wanting it to get stolen. Perhaps he could ask to stay in that strange temple with the strange spiral, they seemed as timeless and ageless as him. The morning came and Dright knew it was time to return the eye to it's rightful host. After all, it had been nearly ten years since their encounter and he was sure Paxuzu was eager to get his eye and the experiences of the world it brought back with it. "Right then, one last trip", he said to it, almost sorrowful at the idea of having to return it now that he had grown attached. The guardian spread it's wings and began his journey back to the desert and the old ruins. [Size=1]@Pai[/size]
63106140_350.png

divider.png

The moment a voice ran in the cavern, all eyes were on the spiral, a quite impressive amount of them for a single dragon in fact. Dright watched the spiral approach, listened to it's words intently for a hint of aggression that never came. The strange dragon had quite caught his attention, the promise of wishes granted excited the guardian so. Dright listened, hardly saying a word as he reached for the left eye, tugging it into his scarf. "Another eye", he mumbled drily, "as if I don't have enough of those."

The guardian took the eye around the world, being an aimless wanderer himself in search of something he had yet to determine. At first his intention had been to ask for riches, for power but as he wandered the world alone his mind began to change.

"I wonder if you could reveal my origin", he said to the eye one night, having long ago taken the habit of talking to it when he was alone for long periods of time. "I can't for the life of me remember where I came from and who raised me. I assumed I was abandoned but even that makes little sense since I don't have a single memory of having a parent... Not to mention the fact that I'm covered in eyes, eyes that see things that happend before and things that will happen after." The guardian sighed and curled around the eye to sleep, not wanting it to get stolen. Perhaps he could ask to stay in that strange temple with the strange spiral, they seemed as timeless and ageless as him.

The morning came and Dright knew it was time to return the eye to it's rightful host. After all, it had been nearly ten years since their encounter and he was sure Paxuzu was eager to get his eye and the experiences of the world it brought back with it. "Right then, one last trip", he said to it, almost sorrowful at the idea of having to return it now that he had grown attached. The guardian spread it's wings and began his journey back to the desert and the old ruins.

@Pai
__________________19259.png 19260.png
@Pai Just a friendly reminder that your set conclusion is due tomorrow. If you should need more time or any assistance, please let me know. I'd be happy to help [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
@Pai

Just a friendly reminder that your set conclusion is due tomorrow. If you should need more time or any assistance, please let me know. I'd be happy to help
buffer text buffer text Tropical post card that says, Hello from The Explorer's Club.  Wish you were here
buffer text
Coming
Soon
[center][size=2]@Ewolfi (you’re fine lol!)[/size][/center] Stellar, upon her return to the Spiral’s prison, wasted no time letting her presence known. “I’m back!” she called into the dark. Similarly, Paxuzu was quick to let his presence be known, if not quick to actually attend to his visitor. He had been coiled around the pillars and walls of the temple when she’d arrived. Her call woke him and he slithered out of the knots he’d tied himself up in. The same odd lighting as before came back as he started towards Stellar. “Ah, the star-touched one returns.” Paxuzu grinned and circled around the fae, his body so large and hers so small, he could wrap around many times while still maintaining a certain distance. “Now,” he extended a claw to her expectantly, “My eye.” Stellar lifted the eye up high and he plucked it out of her hands. She watched the Spiral-like being lift his head high and push the eye back into its place, in the center of his head. The small godling sighed as he sifted through the memories the eye showed him. He hummed. “Not much time. But even an hour outside my tomb is more than a millennium within it.” His eye returned, he focused his sight back on the fae. "Greedy little thing, aren't you?" Paxuzu’s coils tightened closer around the fae and he grinned. "So many wishes, so much desire for [i]more[/i]. More knowledge. More safety. More adventures. [i]More[/i]." "The world you exist in is finite,” he said. “There is no More. But greed can't understand Enough. There will never be enough. Greed will gorge itself until it bursts, until it takes some essential thing and the sky crashes on top of it. Consequence comes for all eventually; its bloody hands care not for any innocent caught in its path.” He gave the fae an appraising look. "Your greed is as tame as the next dragon. It knows the rules of Enough, if not the whys.” Paxuzu gave it a thought, then jabbed his hands into the earth, cracks splintering from the point of impact. “A chest of gold then, for the young one,” he declared, and it seemed as though he had something clenched tightly between his claws. “Wealth is the greatest and most widely accepted source of power. Be smart. Be quick. Be rational. Wealth alone will not achieve your desires, but it is the most valuable of tools.” Paxuzu jerked his arms out of the ground and a studded chest burst from the stone. He set it down in front of Stellar and grinned. “Take your prize, little thing,” Paxuzu gestured towards the chest, which suspiciously seemed as though it was trembling, straining against something. “It waits for you.” [center][item=jawlocker][/center] [center][size=2]@Bxy16[/size][/center] Not a rock had changed since Cypress was in the underground temple last. The cavern was just as dark, the air just as oppressive, and the temple itself just as abandoned. But that pull on his soul, stronger now that he had Paxuzu’s right eye in his possession, made him feel certain that this was the right place. (Not that there were many place just like this in the desert. At least, he didn’t think so) Cypress inhaled the stale air. “Paxuzu,” he called. “I have returned with your eye.” His words rang through the tomb-like space and echoed off the carved out walls. He waited for some minutes before the slithering sound of before reached his ears; scales scraping on stone like a giant snake. He looked up, expecting to see Paxuzu above just like last time, but there was no sign of the Spiral-like being among the stalactites. The sound echoed through the cavern, and without the light from before, Cypress was hard pressed to see anything beyond his own light. “The pearl was [i]very[/i] forthcoming with the memories it had.” A voice said beside him, and the Pearlcatcher jerked away. Paxuzu laughed and let the light from before shine through the old temple grounds. The Spiral slithered around Cypress and came to rest before him, just like last time. “A civil war? Nasty business, but war is part and parcel of civilized life. Wild dragons had no concept of war before organized clans came about.” He held the pearl in his claws and took a second to inspect it once more. Then he glanced back at Cypress with the two eyes that remained in his skull. “I will be taking my eye now.” Cypress wasn’t sure how he felt about the Spiral having looked through all his memories, but there wasn’t anything for it now. He handed over the eye without argument and waited for the pearl to be returned to his arms. The Spiral was slow to give it up, now having both the eye and pearl in his hands. Just as Cypress was about to curse himself for not being more careful with the exchange, Paxuzu huffed and placed the pearl in Cypress’s waiting hands. The Pearlcatcher checked the pearl over for marks or blemishes, but everything appeared to be in order. He placed it in its old satchel, relaxed now that his missing piece was returned after so long. He looked back up at the Spiral in time to see him push his missing eye back where it belonged. Paxuzu seemed to take a moment to digest the information his eye had to share with him, then shook his head. “Time will have to be set aside for examination, but it appears you’ve done your job well, little dragon,” Paxuzu grinned. “Arcania seems an interesting land indeed.” He lowered his head to look at Cypress. “Now. Your gift.” Paxuzu turned to the side and gathered some of the scattered rocks into his hands and started to compact them in his palms. “War aside, you’ve quite the idyllic little village. Well established. Filled with quaint little dragons with their quaint little histories.” He repeated the process of gathering and compacting over and over and over again. Cypress wasn’t sure, but he felt that whatever the Spiral was making should’ve been… bigger by now. “But it seems to have stagnated a tad,” Paxuzu continued, “both in size and in its economy. The war may have something to do with it, but even in the middle of strife, life does not stop. A strong clan will continue to grow in size, strength, and most importantly, wealth. If you possessed any marketable skills, you could help your clan by bringing in money from other clans. There can never be too many tradespeople, not even in the same exact profession. Many dragons prefer the competition, in fact.” Paxuzu, apparently satisfied with the object in his palms, gently blew on it with a strange energy. Whatever he was making, it took on its own greenish glow, casting Paxuzu in a sickly light despite his own interesting luminescence. He grinned at Cypress. “Such simple advice is anathema to my practice, however. Instead, I will make you unique. A purpose, you ask?” He let the object in his hands drop. “There is no greater purpose than what I give you. A way to stop the infighting. A way to unify the clan. A way to serve as the threat that cannot be ignored.” A glowing ball of energy gently descended from his hands, finally resting in front of the Pearlcatcher’s face. The edges of it spat and crackled and it felt as if it had its own gravity, tugging at Cypress’s skin. Its corrupting light shined on his body and revealed what would become of him if he let himself be dragged in. "Perhaps what your clan needs now is a [i]monster[/i]." [center][skin=28204][/center] [center][size=2]@ttaikapapu[/size][/center] Paxuzu was in plain sight when Dright finally returned to the god’s underground prison, lounging on, through, and around the temple. The Spiral’s gaze was on him long before he’d reached the entrance to the cavern, and his two eyes remained unblinking as Dright wordlessly climbed the steps to the building. He stood at the last few steps, some ways away from where Paxuzu lay, and noticed the other’s slow grin. "So long, [i]so long,[/i]" the Spiral-shaped being said as he slithered his way out of the knots and tangles his body made. “You’ve made me wait near a decade for my request.” Paxuzu settled in front of the Guardian and held out a hand expectantly. “My eye,” he demanded. Dright huffed, but had to comply. He reached inside his scarf for where he placed the eye in on the trip back and reluctantly presented it to Paxuzu, who wasted no time plucking it out of Dright’s hands the moment he could. Paxuzu raised his eye up high, turning it this way and that and gave a pleased hum. "My lovely eye is as unblemished as the day it left." He slipped the eye back in its socket and thrummed, speeding through the memories it offered. “A decade’s worth of sights, of memories,” he hummed. "The world has changed, most certainly. So many places fallen to ruin. Too many others risen in their place." He looked down at the Guardian that returned his last eye. "But you are not here for my ramblings. You want [i]knowledge[/i].” Paxuzu smirked and flew over his small temple, gesturing towards it with his claws. “Knowledge was the foundation of my power. Many came to me for the wishes I offered, but many more knew me as a font of information, both past, present, and future.” His eyes focused back on the guardian. “Given your physical state, I suspect you are of a similar cloth. Enough that the casual observer might call us [i]kin[/i].” Paxuzu drifted back towards Dright, "Alas, your origin is something not to be revealed by my tongue,” he said. “The answers you seek are found elsewhere. But the [i]tools[/i],” Paxuzu grinned, “are well within reach.” Dright watched Paxuzu rise to the ceiling of his prison and drag his hands across the many stalactites there. “The Eleven may have breathed life to the many dragon breeds that have walked Sornieth, but life is no impossible feat.” It appeared that he found a stalactite to his liking, a rather long and smooth one. He snapped it off its base and demonstrated it to his audience of one. “The Windsinger may have created the Spirals, but such marvel is by no means beyond [i]me[/i].” With the tip of the stalactite he stabbed it through his left hand, letting his godly blood coat it as he pushed it all the way through. The stone soaked the blood as if it were cloth, turning as black as the void that lingered at the cavern’s edges. Paxuzu then carved patterns and symbols on the sides, all while exhaling lightly on the rock. It seemed to pulse gently with a faint light The rock was given life, writhing in Paxuzu’s hands as it was reformed. One end of the stalactite split and grew teeth, the other formed an arrowhead at its tip. Six growths sprouted in pairs along its length and were gradually refined into winged limbs. The rock continued to contort and refine as the shape became that of a well-carved Spiral, and then into a washed-out living one. Once the final scale patterns appeared on the previously lifeless rock, it gave one last jerk and fell limp. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64190570][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/641906/64190570_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Paxuzu presented the new life to the Guardian, curled, small, and breathing in the other’s hands. “I suspect this may be useful to you in the future, whether as a companion or a sacrifice, or a slave if the fancy strikes you,” he said. “Be warned that it will posses an odd nature due to its, shall I say, [i]atypical[/i] conception, and may not understand some things that are intrinsic to society. May it serve you in your goals.” The new Spiral was handed to Dright, who, after a pause to think, gently placed them in the space he’d carried Paxuzu’s eye in as a temporary measure. It wasn’t exactly what he’d been hoping for, but he knew better than to spurn a god’s gift, no matter how little power they appear to have. Paxuzu floated back to rest his body on his temple, looping through and around the small entrances and cupolas. His eyes stared at the Guardian, waiting. Sensing his dismissal, Dright turned to leave the cave, but paused as he heard Paxuzu speak again. “Do return one day,” the Spiral-like god purred, his voice easily reaching Dright’s ears despite the distance. "10 years may be a blink in the eyes of the universe, but it is an age to have known one dragon." [right][size=2][i]b o o f that was a lot of writing lol gonna log off for now, will send stuff tomorrow![/i][/size][/right]
@Ewolfi
(you’re fine lol!)

Stellar, upon her return to the Spiral’s prison, wasted no time letting her presence known. “I’m back!” she called into the dark.

Similarly, Paxuzu was quick to let his presence be known, if not quick to actually attend to his visitor. He had been coiled around the pillars and walls of the temple when she’d arrived. Her call woke him and he slithered out of the knots he’d tied himself up in. The same odd lighting as before came back as he started towards Stellar.

“Ah, the star-touched one returns.” Paxuzu grinned and circled around the fae, his body so large and hers so small, he could wrap around many times while still maintaining a certain distance. “Now,” he extended a claw to her expectantly, “My eye.”

Stellar lifted the eye up high and he plucked it out of her hands. She watched the Spiral-like being lift his head high and push the eye back into its place, in the center of his head. The small godling sighed as he sifted through the memories the eye showed him.

He hummed. “Not much time. But even an hour outside my tomb is more than a millennium within it.” His eye returned, he focused his sight back on the fae. "Greedy little thing, aren't you?" Paxuzu’s coils tightened closer around the fae and he grinned. "So many wishes, so much desire for more. More knowledge. More safety. More adventures. More."

"The world you exist in is finite,” he said. “There is no More. But greed can't understand Enough. There will never be enough. Greed will gorge itself until it bursts, until it takes some essential thing and the sky crashes on top of it. Consequence comes for all eventually; its bloody hands care not for any innocent caught in its path.”

He gave the fae an appraising look. "Your greed is as tame as the next dragon. It knows the rules of Enough, if not the whys.” Paxuzu gave it a thought, then jabbed his hands into the earth, cracks splintering from the point of impact. “A chest of gold then, for the young one,” he declared, and it seemed as though he had something clenched tightly between his claws.

“Wealth is the greatest and most widely accepted source of power. Be smart. Be quick. Be rational. Wealth alone will not achieve your desires, but it is the most valuable of tools.” Paxuzu jerked his arms out of the ground and a studded chest burst from the stone. He set it down in front of Stellar and grinned.

“Take your prize, little thing,” Paxuzu gestured towards the chest, which suspiciously seemed as though it was trembling, straining against something. “It waits for you.”

Jawlocker

Not a rock had changed since Cypress was in the underground temple last. The cavern was just as dark, the air just as oppressive, and the temple itself just as abandoned. But that pull on his soul, stronger now that he had Paxuzu’s right eye in his possession, made him feel certain that this was the right place.

(Not that there were many place just like this in the desert. At least, he didn’t think so)

Cypress inhaled the stale air. “Paxuzu,” he called. “I have returned with your eye.”

His words rang through the tomb-like space and echoed off the carved out walls. He waited for some minutes before the slithering sound of before reached his ears; scales scraping on stone like a giant snake. He looked up, expecting to see Paxuzu above just like last time, but there was no sign of the Spiral-like being among the stalactites. The sound echoed through the cavern, and without the light from before, Cypress was hard pressed to see anything beyond his own light.

“The pearl was very forthcoming with the memories it had.” A voice said beside him, and the Pearlcatcher jerked away. Paxuzu laughed and let the light from before shine through the old temple grounds. The Spiral slithered around Cypress and came to rest before him, just like last time. “A civil war? Nasty business, but war is part and parcel of civilized life. Wild dragons had no concept of war before organized clans came about.” He held the pearl in his claws and took a second to inspect it once more. Then he glanced back at Cypress with the two eyes that remained in his skull. “I will be taking my eye now.”

Cypress wasn’t sure how he felt about the Spiral having looked through all his memories, but there wasn’t anything for it now. He handed over the eye without argument and waited for the pearl to be returned to his arms. The Spiral was slow to give it up, now having both the eye and pearl in his hands. Just as Cypress was about to curse himself for not being more careful with the exchange, Paxuzu huffed and placed the pearl in Cypress’s waiting hands. The Pearlcatcher checked the pearl over for marks or blemishes, but everything appeared to be in order. He placed it in its old satchel, relaxed now that his missing piece was returned after so long.

He looked back up at the Spiral in time to see him push his missing eye back where it belonged. Paxuzu seemed to take a moment to digest the information his eye had to share with him, then shook his head.

“Time will have to be set aside for examination, but it appears you’ve done your job well, little dragon,” Paxuzu grinned. “Arcania seems an interesting land indeed.” He lowered his head to look at Cypress. “Now. Your gift.”

Paxuzu turned to the side and gathered some of the scattered rocks into his hands and started to compact them in his palms. “War aside, you’ve quite the idyllic little village. Well established. Filled with quaint little dragons with their quaint little histories.” He repeated the process of gathering and compacting over and over and over again. Cypress wasn’t sure, but he felt that whatever the Spiral was making should’ve been… bigger by now.

“But it seems to have stagnated a tad,” Paxuzu continued, “both in size and in its economy. The war may have something to do with it, but even in the middle of strife, life does not stop. A strong clan will continue to grow in size, strength, and most importantly, wealth. If you possessed any marketable skills, you could help your clan by bringing in money from other clans. There can never be too many tradespeople, not even in the same exact profession. Many dragons prefer the competition, in fact.”

Paxuzu, apparently satisfied with the object in his palms, gently blew on it with a strange energy. Whatever he was making, it took on its own greenish glow, casting Paxuzu in a sickly light despite his own interesting luminescence. He grinned at Cypress. “Such simple advice is anathema to my practice, however. Instead, I will make you unique. A purpose, you ask?” He let the object in his hands drop. “There is no greater purpose than what I give you. A way to stop the infighting. A way to unify the clan. A way to serve as the threat that cannot be ignored.”

A glowing ball of energy gently descended from his hands, finally resting in front of the Pearlcatcher’s face. The edges of it spat and crackled and it felt as if it had its own gravity, tugging at Cypress’s skin. Its corrupting light shined on his body and revealed what would become of him if he let himself be dragged in.

"Perhaps what your clan needs now is a monster."

Paxuzu was in plain sight when Dright finally returned to the god’s underground prison, lounging on, through, and around the temple. The Spiral’s gaze was on him long before he’d reached the entrance to the cavern, and his two eyes remained unblinking as Dright wordlessly climbed the steps to the building.

He stood at the last few steps, some ways away from where Paxuzu lay, and noticed the other’s slow grin.

"So long, so long," the Spiral-shaped being said as he slithered his way out of the knots and tangles his body made. “You’ve made me wait near a decade for my request.” Paxuzu settled in front of the Guardian and held out a hand expectantly. “My eye,” he demanded.

Dright huffed, but had to comply. He reached inside his scarf for where he placed the eye in on the trip back and reluctantly presented it to Paxuzu, who wasted no time plucking it out of Dright’s hands the moment he could.

Paxuzu raised his eye up high, turning it this way and that and gave a pleased hum. "My lovely eye is as unblemished as the day it left." He slipped the eye back in its socket and thrummed, speeding through the memories it offered. “A decade’s worth of sights, of memories,” he hummed. "The world has changed, most certainly. So many places fallen to ruin. Too many others risen in their place." He looked down at the Guardian that returned his last eye. "But you are not here for my ramblings. You want knowledge.”

Paxuzu smirked and flew over his small temple, gesturing towards it with his claws. “Knowledge was the foundation of my power. Many came to me for the wishes I offered, but many more knew me as a font of information, both past, present, and future.” His eyes focused back on the guardian. “Given your physical state, I suspect you are of a similar cloth. Enough that the casual observer might call us kin.”

Paxuzu drifted back towards Dright, "Alas, your origin is something not to be revealed by my tongue,” he said. “The answers you seek are found elsewhere. But the tools,” Paxuzu grinned, “are well within reach.”

Dright watched Paxuzu rise to the ceiling of his prison and drag his hands across the many stalactites there. “The Eleven may have breathed life to the many dragon breeds that have walked Sornieth, but life is no impossible feat.” It appeared that he found a stalactite to his liking, a rather long and smooth one. He snapped it off its base and demonstrated it to his audience of one. “The Windsinger may have created the Spirals, but such marvel is by no means beyond me.”

With the tip of the stalactite he stabbed it through his left hand, letting his godly blood coat it as he pushed it all the way through. The stone soaked the blood as if it were cloth, turning as black as the void that lingered at the cavern’s edges. Paxuzu then carved patterns and symbols on the sides, all while exhaling lightly on the rock. It seemed to pulse gently with a faint light

The rock was given life, writhing in Paxuzu’s hands as it was reformed. One end of the stalactite split and grew teeth, the other formed an arrowhead at its tip. Six growths sprouted in pairs along its length and were gradually refined into winged limbs. The rock continued to contort and refine as the shape became that of a well-carved Spiral, and then into a washed-out living one. Once the final scale patterns appeared on the previously lifeless rock, it gave one last jerk and fell limp.

64190570_350.png

Paxuzu presented the new life to the Guardian, curled, small, and breathing in the other’s hands. “I suspect this may be useful to you in the future, whether as a companion or a sacrifice, or a slave if the fancy strikes you,” he said. “Be warned that it will posses an odd nature due to its, shall I say, atypical conception, and may not understand some things that are intrinsic to society. May it serve you in your goals.”

The new Spiral was handed to Dright, who, after a pause to think, gently placed them in the space he’d carried Paxuzu’s eye in as a temporary measure. It wasn’t exactly what he’d been hoping for, but he knew better than to spurn a god’s gift, no matter how little power they appear to have.

Paxuzu floated back to rest his body on his temple, looping through and around the small entrances and cupolas. His eyes stared at the Guardian, waiting. Sensing his dismissal, Dright turned to leave the cave, but paused as he heard Paxuzu speak again.

“Do return one day,” the Spiral-like god purred, his voice easily reaching Dright’s ears despite the distance. "10 years may be a blink in the eyes of the universe, but it is an age to have known one dragon."

b o o f that was a lot of writing lol
gonna log off for now, will send stuff tomorrow!
La96jc2.png . » fr +0
» adopts
» w. list
[center] [Size=1]Sorry if this is kinda simple, it's almost midnight [/size] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62926043][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/629261/62926043_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://i.imgur.com/wHL4FP7.png[/img] October had finally rolled around, waking the spirit of the holiday from it's year of slumber. It yawned and stretched, it's body uncoiling from the near knot like tangle it had slept in. The spirit was only allowed only a month each year to be awake. It didn't leave much time for making friends or spending time with others, though a few dragons seemed to come around each year. They meant the world to him. "Halloween", it mumbled, still a bit sleepy but excited, "oh finally, I couldn't have waited a moment longer." The spiral dives down from the temple high in the clouds, scales shining in moonlight is it fell. Moments before making contact with the ground it turned, skillfully rushing through the woods and between the trees as it went. At least for a while, before it crashed into something or [i]someone [/i]. "A dragon!" It exclaimed in clear excitement, "first of the month, special for it." As the spiral spoke it circled around the other, admiring their scales and making mental notes of what they wore and how they presented themselves. "Wonderful, you're truly wonderful!" It said with a grin, "have you travelled long or is your home near?". It bombarded the dragon with questions, some probably a bit too personal to come from a stranger but it was clear the Spiral was far from malicious. "Oh, I must move on soon", he sighed, "but not without a gift of course, everyone deserves one!". The spiral spun around itself, three glowing orbs forming out of nothing. "What kind of a gift would you desire? Something swampy, something spooky or something [i]different?[/i]
Sorry if this is kinda simple, it's almost midnight
62926043_350.png
wHL4FP7.png

October had finally rolled around, waking the spirit of the holiday from it's year of slumber. It yawned and stretched, it's body uncoiling from the near knot like tangle it had slept in. The spirit was only allowed only a month each year to be awake. It didn't leave much time for making friends or spending time with others, though a few dragons seemed to come around each year. They meant the world to him. "Halloween", it mumbled, still a bit sleepy but excited, "oh finally, I couldn't have waited a moment longer."

The spiral dives down from the temple high in the clouds, scales shining in moonlight is it fell. Moments before making contact with the ground it turned, skillfully rushing through the woods and between the trees as it went. At least for a while, before it crashed into something or someone .

"A dragon!" It exclaimed in clear excitement, "first of the month, special for it." As the spiral spoke it circled around the other, admiring their scales and making mental notes of what they wore and how they presented themselves. "Wonderful, you're truly wonderful!" It said with a grin, "have you travelled long or is your home near?". It bombarded the dragon with questions, some probably a bit too personal to come from a stranger but it was clear the Spiral was far from malicious.

"Oh, I must move on soon", he sighed, "but not without a gift of course, everyone deserves one!". The spiral spun around itself, three glowing orbs forming out of nothing. "What kind of a gift would you desire? Something swampy, something spooky or something different?
__________________19259.png 19260.png
@ttaikapapu Something spooky ----- [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63954098][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/639541/63954098_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] The very first dragon the October Spirit had found was, understandably, a little angry at the sudden crash and over-enthusiastic question-assault. She’d thought she’d left being crashed into behind when she died, but this really goes to show how one should never trust in certainties. This was a path she had been certain she could take a walk on in peace, after all. “Well, I suppose I wouldn’t be apposed to a gift,” the Ghost sniffed, brushing a few stray leaves off her hide. “I’m always ready for something spooky. That’s why my mate is called Spooky.” ----- [s]eee I’m not the best at this sort of thing I hope it’s good?[/s]
@ttaikapapu
Something spooky
63954098_350.png

The very first dragon the October Spirit had found was, understandably, a little angry at the sudden crash and over-enthusiastic question-assault. She’d thought she’d left being crashed into behind when she died, but this really goes to show how one should never trust in certainties. This was a path she had been certain she could take a walk on in peace, after all.

“Well, I suppose I wouldn’t be apposed to a gift,” the Ghost sniffed, brushing a few stray leaves off her hide. “I’m always ready for something spooky. That’s why my mate is called Spooky.”

eee I’m not the best at this sort of thing I hope it’s good?
Lovely, lovely holidays...
Come check out my art shop! Lemme draw ur dergs!
Check out my Holiday Hatchery!
My wishlist!

We were here. Qboauiw.png
acecatcher.png
[center] @ttaikapapu Something different [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58510886][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/585109/58510886_350.png[/img][/url] [rule] Nirvana reeled backwards at the crash, but quickly righted herself in time to introduce to the spiral. "Hi, I'm Nirvana!" Then the question flood came, in a crash not dissimilar to the one just before. She did her best to answer them, but could barely get in a word edgewise. "Yes- Sure- It's not far- I mean maybe-" Eventually she gave up, and let him run out of steam before speaking again. Or, trying to. Apparently he had even more to say. A gift, hmm... It was October, the spooky month, so she supposed she would see much more spooky themed stuff before the month was up. So that option was out. And she already spent so much time in the Mire, training dragons and gathering food that she had enough swampy-ness for life. "Something different would be great, thanks!" She said, glad he had let her finish a sentence for the first time.
@ttaikapapu
Something different
58510886_350.png
Nirvana reeled backwards at the crash, but quickly righted herself in time to introduce to the spiral.
"Hi, I'm Nirvana!"
Then the question flood came, in a crash not dissimilar to the one just before. She did her best to answer them, but could barely get in a word edgewise.
"Yes- Sure- It's not far- I mean maybe-"
Eventually she gave up, and let him run out of steam before speaking again. Or, trying to. Apparently he had even more to say. A gift, hmm... It was October, the spooky month, so she supposed she would see much more spooky themed stuff before the month was up. So that option was out. And she already spent so much time in the Mire, training dragons and gathering food that she had enough swampy-ness for life.
"Something different would be great, thanks!" She said, glad he had let her finish a sentence for the first time.
JXVUomh.png ~ FR + 21
~ Wishlist
~ Avatar dragon
wvz5N8O.png
@ttaikapapu Something swampy [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=23&breed=14&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=50&tertgene=11&winggene=1&wings=38&auth=01f2168da98ff273fdc5002fd66c4e2e9a036455&dummyext=prev.png[/img] When the spiral crashed into Swamps, the bogsneak slowly turned its head staring at the spiral, it's slow mind trying to catch up with all of the questions. Eventually, the spiral offered a gift, and after a slow thinking process, Swamps obviously chose something swampy.
@ttaikapapu
Something swampy
dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=23&breed=14&element=8&eyetype=9&gender=1&tert=50&tertgene=11&winggene=1&wings=38&auth=01f2168da98ff273fdc5002fd66c4e2e9a036455&dummyext=prev.png
When the spiral crashed into Swamps, the bogsneak slowly turned its head staring at the spiral, it's slow mind trying to catch up with all of the questions. Eventually, the spiral offered a gift, and after a slow thinking process, Swamps obviously chose something swampy.
1 2 ... 324 325 326 327 328 ... 427 428