Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Star Chart Studies
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
@Virga I tried to make a marimba. I think it turned out okay: [img]http://i.imgur.com/w9j9PMl.png[/img]
@Virga I tried to make a marimba. I think it turned out okay:

w9j9PMl.png
GfHkF1X.png
@Sorulis A bit of a different one this time. [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/73d9bafc3b34cb0ac6ee3c318e8936e7/tumblr_nv99sjMtMT1u1z5kko1_500.png[/img] [img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/3a564cdbf52c0469190142fea2d8ef4a/tumblr_nv99sjMtMT1u1z5kko2_500.png[/img] Name: [b]The Bell of the Windsinger[/b] Lore: The Bell of the Windsinger is said to have been a bell that the Windsinger once owned. While it didn't look like much, just a simple plain bell on the outside, it had a beautiful sound when rung. The Windsinger enjoyed ringing his bell while flying about his territory. But the sound that it let out was probably too beautiful for the world of mortals. Dragons that heard its sound long to hear it again forgetting about all other things while they tried to find the source so that they could hear it again. The Windsinger distraught over what was happening to his children formed a plan with the Arcanist on how to fix it. The Windsinger gathered all of his children that were affected by its sound to one location to show them the bell. He explained to them that this bell was the source of the beautiful sound that they heard and that he would ring it one last time before having the Arcanist send it into the heavens to become a new star constellation that would hang forever above The Windswept Plateau. With one last ring of the bell the Windsinger watched his children take on a more peaceful look before handing it over to the Arcanist. The Aracnist sent it into the heavens as promised where it remains today.
@Sorulis
A bit of a different one this time.

tumblr_nv99sjMtMT1u1z5kko1_500.png
tumblr_nv99sjMtMT1u1z5kko2_500.png

Name: The Bell of the Windsinger

Lore:
The Bell of the Windsinger is said to have been a bell that the Windsinger once owned. While it didn't look like much, just a simple plain bell on the outside, it had a beautiful sound when rung. The Windsinger enjoyed ringing his bell while flying about his territory. But the sound that it let out was probably too beautiful for the world of mortals. Dragons that heard its sound long to hear it again forgetting about all other things while they tried to find the source so that they could hear it again.

The Windsinger distraught over what was happening to his children formed a plan with the Arcanist on how to fix it. The Windsinger gathered all of his children that were affected by its sound to one location to show them the bell. He explained to them that this bell was the source of the beautiful sound that they heard and that he would ring it one last time before having the Arcanist send it into the heavens to become a new star constellation that would hang forever above The Windswept Plateau. With one last ring of the bell the Windsinger watched his children take on a more peaceful look before handing it over to the Arcanist. The Aracnist sent it into the heavens as promised where it remains today.
nBoOPgD.png tumblr_inline_oslbliqNaT1rxa3gl_400.png
@MrFattymccatcat
Ooh, a song! Your prizes have been sent!
@MrFattymccatcat
Ooh, a song! Your prizes have been sent!
@Vikusen
Another lovely find! c:

@Leika
Ah yess so glad to see a chart done this way! What is the night sky without a ship to sail it?

@Eialyne
;w; I like this lore very much!!

@adocado
I would have never seen two spirals in the stars, such a cool chart aaaa. I love spirals so i love this
@Vikusen
Another lovely find! c:

@Leika
Ah yess so glad to see a chart done this way! What is the night sky without a ship to sail it?

@Eialyne
;w; I like this lore very much!!

@adocado
I would have never seen two spirals in the stars, such a cool chart aaaa. I love spirals so i love this
aHScYeW.png2SJnMSH.gif VOfQnUJ.gif

cerys
they/them
FR +3
xx ux2YLrh.pngD1hGher.png
@BlueFox

Aah how lovely! I like how the constellation is simpler, but the lore is so compelling.

Sending you your prizes now~~
@BlueFox

Aah how lovely! I like how the constellation is simpler, but the lore is so compelling.

Sending you your prizes now~~
bhg_small_by_xnedra22-d8fsyoj.png
@Tarere The Tower: [img]http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x155/mithrilluin/tower_zpskidanhbj.png[/img] Legend speaks of a dragon maiden, unutterably beautiful, whom the Earthshaker wished to marry. However, she was frightened of him, and refused. As punishment, he confined in a tower for a thousand years or until some brave soul came to rescue her. Now she looks down upon Sornieth, awaiting her rescuer, contemplating what she might do to reward them for freeing her from her confinement.
@Tarere

The Tower:

tower_zpskidanhbj.png

Legend speaks of a dragon maiden, unutterably beautiful, whom the Earthshaker wished to marry. However, she was frightened of him, and refused. As punishment, he confined in a tower for a thousand years or until some brave soul came to rescue her.

Now she looks down upon Sornieth, awaiting her rescuer, contemplating what she might do to reward them for freeing her from her confinement.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
@Tarere [img]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah151/kagenokyuubi/starchart1day6_zpsskjzmesa.png[/img] The Starbringer According to legend, there was once a time long long ago when the space was empty and the night sky was dark. The sun was created to light its nearby planets and provide them with warmth. But when the sun was gone there was nothing but darkness. The living creatures disliked the darkness and hid in the safety of their homes until the sun returned to them. The gods and goddesses of the day enjoyed observing the inhabitants of their worlds, but those who ruled the night became overcome with boredom. One night goddess hatched a plan. If the night were lighter, she thought, the living creatures would not be so fearful. But of course, she could not turn the night into day for them. After all, the darkness of the night was her source of power. Her first plan was to simply borrow some light from the daytime sun by reflecting it. A mirror would reflect far to brightly, but a rock might be just enough to cast a gentle glow over the nighttime world. She found the largest rock she could and set it in the sky. The creatures of the world were cautious at first, but they soon came to enjoy the gentle glow of the newly created moon. But they still found the night dull. They could see much better during the day and there was nothing much worth doing at night. The goddess decided that she needed to give the creatures something to look at. She flew far and wide, gathering bits of light and sparkle from all over the young universe. She tucked her growing collection in her feathered wings as she flew around. She was going to create a beautiful glowing masterpiece for the living creatures to enjoy. When she felt she had gathered enough, she returned to the world she watched over and got to work. She spread the light and sparkle all over the night sky. The creatures below watched in awe as the sky transformed. The creatures were grateful, and gazing at the beautiful starscape in the night sky became a favorite activity for all of the creatures of the world. And to this day, dragons paint the night sky on their wings in her honor.
@Tarere
starchart1day6_zpsskjzmesa.png

The Starbringer

According to legend, there was once a time long long ago when the space was empty and the night sky was dark. The sun was created to light its nearby planets and provide them with warmth. But when the sun was gone there was nothing but darkness. The living creatures disliked the darkness and hid in the safety of their homes until the sun returned to them. The gods and goddesses of the day enjoyed observing the inhabitants of their worlds, but those who ruled the night became overcome with boredom.

One night goddess hatched a plan. If the night were lighter, she thought, the living creatures would not be so fearful. But of course, she could not turn the night into day for them. After all, the darkness of the night was her source of power. Her first plan was to simply borrow some light from the daytime sun by reflecting it. A mirror would reflect far to brightly, but a rock might be just enough to cast a gentle glow over the nighttime world. She found the largest rock she could and set it in the sky. The creatures of the world were cautious at first, but they soon came to enjoy the gentle glow of the newly created moon. But they still found the night dull. They could see much better during the day and there was nothing much worth doing at night.

The goddess decided that she needed to give the creatures something to look at. She flew far and wide, gathering bits of light and sparkle from all over the young universe. She tucked her growing collection in her feathered wings as she flew around. She was going to create a beautiful glowing masterpiece for the living creatures to enjoy. When she felt she had gathered enough, she returned to the world she watched over and got to work. She spread the light and sparkle all over the night sky. The creatures below watched in awe as the sky transformed. The creatures were grateful, and gazing at the beautiful starscape in the night sky became a favorite activity for all of the creatures of the world. And to this day, dragons paint the night sky on their wings in her honor.
gU2ykYl.png
[center]@SoulEmber [img]http://i.imgur.com/YkDOlUT.png[/img] [u][b][size=5]Pegasus[/b][/u] Legends of old would tell of how instead of winged reptiles ruling Sornieth, it had been winged horses. However, there are few who know the tales so very few actually knew of this constellation.These creatures were said to go instinct long before dragons came to be though no one knows how. Large feathers can often be found deep underground but a long process has to take place to ensure they aren't actually a dragon feather. The pegasus was also said to be alongside gods much like dragons. [/center]
@SoulEmber
YkDOlUT.png
Pegasus
Legends of old would tell of how instead of winged reptiles ruling Sornieth, it had been winged horses. However, there are few who know the tales so very few actually knew of this constellation.These creatures were said to go instinct long before dragons came to be though no one knows how. Large feathers can often be found deep underground but a long process has to take place to ensure they aren't actually a dragon feather. The pegasus was also said to be alongside gods much like dragons.
rbinth.jpg ghostly_aura_by_dogi_crimson-da52936.gif 2002ruc.jpg
[center][u][b]shield[/b][/u] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/6174a56191820983d061ad346a3e2eab/tumblr_inline_nv9xbaQyng1roxpc0_540.png[/img] @Cielka[/center]
shield
tumblr_inline_nv9xbaQyng1roxpc0_540.png

@Cielka
@Cielka [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/MJC7Gzl.png[/img] The Scythe of the Flamecaller. It's one of the first weapons ever crafted by the fire deity, and it's seen its fair share of battles. Named the Scythe of the Flamecaller due to the fire red of the metal that's never faded despite how long it's been since it was crafted, it's been used to battle numerous enemies, from the Beast Clans to Emperor dragons, even. It was said to have been passed down through the clans that were the most powerful, favoured the most by the Flamecaller, but the Sycthe has since disappeared, time's grasping tendrils leaving the location of the weapon unknown.
@Cielka
MJC7Gzl.png

The Scythe of the Flamecaller. It's one of the first weapons ever crafted by the fire deity, and it's seen its fair share of battles. Named the Scythe of the Flamecaller due to the fire red of the metal that's never faded despite how long it's been since it was crafted, it's been used to battle numerous enemies, from the Beast Clans to Emperor dragons, even. It was said to have been passed down through the clans that were the most powerful, favoured the most by the Flamecaller, but the Sycthe has since disappeared, time's grasping tendrils leaving the location of the weapon unknown.
3PxlXSK.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19