Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [Starfall] Star Chart Studies
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 19
@BlueFox

Oh wow, I didn't notice that, I'll see if I can get those fixed; thanks for pointing it out!
@BlueFox

Oh wow, I didn't notice that, I'll see if I can get those fixed; thanks for pointing it out!

tumblr_inline_mtig8h38Ce1roozkr.gif She/Her

tumblr_inline_mtig8mgohr1roozkr.gif +3 FRT
________s1wegcP.png ________WMCEgD8.png
@Mithent [img]http://i.imgur.com/c4DuQXQ.png[/img] Space Shark! :D These are fun even though my paint skills are appalling!
@Mithent
c4DuQXQ.png

Space Shark!

:D

These are fun even though my paint skills are appalling!
@Cielka
They look to be working now.
@Cielka
They look to be working now.
nBoOPgD.png tumblr_inline_oslbliqNaT1rxa3gl_400.png
@Soulember [img]http://i.imgur.com/yfI5Lor.png[/img] "[b]The sorrow of all[/b]" This dragon shown in the stars is quite sad as see. The stars that makes it is the reason, the stars tell stories of broken hearts bullying lost loves and so many bad things. The loves lost re also reflected in the stars sometimes but the stories end up here all sad stories end up here, many forgotten but more remembered as the stars shrink the dragon gets happier because the stories tell themselves to the dragon. Once this dragon is happy then all dragonkind knows that the stories need to remembered or sorrow will be lost, an emotion that seems to have never existed.
@Soulember
yfI5Lor.png
"The sorrow of all"
This dragon shown in the stars is quite sad as see. The stars that makes it is the reason, the stars tell stories of broken hearts bullying lost loves and so many bad things. The loves lost re also reflected in the stars sometimes but the stories end up here all sad stories end up here, many forgotten but more remembered as the stars shrink the dragon gets happier because the stories tell themselves to the dragon. Once this dragon is happy then all dragonkind knows that the stories need to remembered or sorrow will be lost, an emotion that seems to have never existed.
z62eca5281a764.gif
@Soulember [img]http://i.imgur.com/PV8wCim.png[/img] [u][b]The Conch Shell[/b][/u] The Conch Shell spends most of its time in the skies over Water, and during the time between late spring and early summer it is invisible to all other flights. It starts descending in late summer, and completely disappears from the Water sky during winter, only to return during its ascension in spring. Water dragons time the Wavecrest Saturnalia to begin when the Conch Shell reaches the heart of Water's skies, and end when it begins its descent. Water scholars disagree on whether the Conch Shell actually represents the Spiral Keep or is merely an ordinary conch shell. Nonetheless, Water dragons see it as a good omen and a sign of the Tidelord's favor. Dragons born under the Conch Shell are known to be quiet, wise, and particularly skilled in reading prophecies and interpreting omens.
@Soulember
PV8wCim.png
The Conch Shell
The Conch Shell spends most of its time in the skies over Water, and during the time between late spring and early summer it is invisible to all other flights. It starts descending in late summer, and completely disappears from the Water sky during winter, only to return during its ascension in spring. Water dragons time the Wavecrest Saturnalia to begin when the Conch Shell reaches the heart of Water's skies, and end when it begins its descent. Water scholars disagree on whether the Conch Shell actually represents the Spiral Keep or is merely an ordinary conch shell. Nonetheless, Water dragons see it as a good omen and a sign of the Tidelord's favor. Dragons born under the Conch Shell are known to be quiet, wise, and particularly skilled in reading prophecies and interpreting omens.
Na5WGHa.png
@Sorulis [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/52c48b2d414f91094f80203573c4bd4a/tumblr_nv5nopf2mq1u1z5kko1_500.png[/img] [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/8925f4a71639686cd3825b8cb4dd7ab3/tumblr_nv5nopf2mq1u1z5kko2_500.png[/img] Name: [b]The Witch and the Death Seeker[/b] The Witch and the Death Seeker are companions in the stars. This constellation can be seen above the Starfall Isles. Legends say that when casting spells under this constellation increases the power of the spell being cast. Those born under it are said to be more powerful with their magic. The story of the Witch and the Death Seeker is that there was once a Witch that lived by herself without any companions. She was very powerful witch that could make a king or queen if she desired to. Many dragons came to for help to make them stronger, enchant their items.weapons, or to even bless their children so that they could become powerful dragons when they became adults. But she had no family to call her own and no close friends to spend her time with. While others wanted things from her too many dragons were also afraid of her power and influence to become friends with her. One day while she was gathering ingredients she found an injured Death Seeker on the ground. Picking it up, she placed in her basket taking it home and tending to the Death Seeker there. When the Death Seeker was fully healed she released it back into the wild but it returned to stay with her. Other dragons where unnerved by the Death Seeker staying in her home but said nothing. Either out of politeness or out of fear for how the Witch might curse them for speaking ill of her companion. The Death Seeker was unusually peaceful for one of its species and kept near the Witch at all times. One day the Death Seeker's health started to decline unexpectedly. The Witch started devoting her time to trying to save her only companion but even with her magic it didn't seem to do anything. Getting desperate she created a spell so that even in death they would find each other again. Shortly after casting the spell the Death Seeker passed away. The Witch lived for a short while after the death of her companion but she no longer had the spirit to continue to live. Her health decline and she passed on. Just before passing she looked to the stars and thought she saw her companion in the sky beckoning for her to join them. The constellation is believed to be their spirits reunited in the stars.
@Sorulis

tumblr_nv5nopf2mq1u1z5kko1_500.png
tumblr_nv5nopf2mq1u1z5kko2_500.png

Name: The Witch and the Death Seeker

The Witch and the Death Seeker are companions in the stars. This constellation can be seen above the Starfall Isles.

Legends say that when casting spells under this constellation increases the power of the spell being cast. Those born under it are said to be more powerful with their magic.

The story of the Witch and the Death Seeker is that there was once a Witch that lived by herself without any companions. She was very powerful witch that could make a king or queen if she desired to. Many dragons came to for help to make them stronger, enchant their items.weapons, or to even bless their children so that they could become powerful dragons when they became adults. But she had no family to call her own and no close friends to spend her time with. While others wanted things from her too many dragons were also afraid of her power and influence to become friends with her.

One day while she was gathering ingredients she found an injured Death Seeker on the ground. Picking it up, she placed in her basket taking it home and tending to the Death Seeker there. When the Death Seeker was fully healed she released it back into the wild but it returned to stay with her.

Other dragons where unnerved by the Death Seeker staying in her home but said nothing. Either out of politeness or out of fear for how the Witch might curse them for speaking ill of her companion.

The Death Seeker was unusually peaceful for one of its species and kept near the Witch at all times. One day the Death Seeker's health started to decline unexpectedly. The Witch started devoting her time to trying to save her only companion but even with her magic it didn't seem to do anything. Getting desperate she created a spell so that even in death they would find each other again. Shortly after casting the spell the Death Seeker passed away. The Witch lived for a short while after the death of her companion but she no longer had the spirit to continue to live. Her health decline and she passed on. Just before passing she looked to the stars and thought she saw her companion in the sky beckoning for her to join them.

The constellation is believed to be their spirits reunited in the stars.
nBoOPgD.png tumblr_inline_oslbliqNaT1rxa3gl_400.png
@GalacticCannibal
smr7zp.png

Ever since it was discovered the world was round, it's been discussed among some sects of Pearlcatchers that perhaps the planet is a pearl, encompassing the souls of every living being on it. Of course if it is a pearl, then there must be a being that guards it.

The World-Holder portrays a pearl catcher holding the world of Sornieth in it's claws. Or rather one set of claws as the other points towards the northernmost star in the sky (not seen on this particular chart). Because of this, the benevolent World-Holder both protects the planet and helps guide its inhabitants home.
@GalacticCannibal
smr7zp.png

Ever since it was discovered the world was round, it's been discussed among some sects of Pearlcatchers that perhaps the planet is a pearl, encompassing the souls of every living being on it. Of course if it is a pearl, then there must be a being that guards it.

The World-Holder portrays a pearl catcher holding the world of Sornieth in it's claws. Or rather one set of claws as the other points towards the northernmost star in the sky (not seen on this particular chart). Because of this, the benevolent World-Holder both protects the planet and helps guide its inhabitants home.
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
@MrFattymccatcat
You keep outdoing yourself on memetastic star charts! I love seeing what you come up with! Prizes sent.

@TNTEpicMadness
So many sad constellations! ;.; I enjoy the lore you come up with. Your prizes have been sent!

@tigressRising
Ooh, I really like the Water Flight specific lore. Great work! Your prizes have been sent!
@MrFattymccatcat
You keep outdoing yourself on memetastic star charts! I love seeing what you come up with! Prizes sent.

@TNTEpicMadness
So many sad constellations! ;.; I enjoy the lore you come up with. Your prizes have been sent!

@tigressRising
Ooh, I really like the Water Flight specific lore. Great work! Your prizes have been sent!
@Tarere [img]http://imgur.com/yWkuxOU.png[/img] [b]"Dividitur Filia"[/b] or [b]"The Spiral Who Pulls The Earth"[/b] Legend says one of the first spirals was doted on greatly by both the Lightweaver and the Shadowbinder. Hatched on the border of the two deities territories, she was rumored to belong to both magics, one eye violet and the other golden. She loved her mothers dearly and would spend half her year in shadow before moving to light for the rest. Very suddenly, she became sick, with no hope of recovery* and the gods started arguing. To whom would she follow into the afterlife? It wasn't long before with labored breaths she called out to her mothers, to give her another life, another chance. So the Shadowbinder and the Lightweaver combined their efforts for their beloved spiral and carved her into the stars. She still travels to visit them, pulling the earth into summer and winter as she greets her mothers in the sky. *Scholars debate what this mysterious sickness could have been, with no luck yet. (The latin is me typing divided daughter into google translate lol. also i drew this in paint with my mouse o.o sorry)
@Tarere

yWkuxOU.png

"Dividitur Filia" or "The Spiral Who Pulls The Earth"

Legend says one of the first spirals was doted on greatly by both the Lightweaver and the Shadowbinder. Hatched on the border of the two deities territories, she was rumored to belong to both magics, one eye violet and the other golden. She loved her mothers dearly and would spend half her year in shadow before moving to light for the rest.
Very suddenly, she became sick, with no hope of recovery* and the gods started arguing. To whom would she follow into the afterlife? It wasn't long before with labored breaths she called out to her mothers, to give her another life, another chance. So the Shadowbinder and the Lightweaver combined their efforts for their beloved spiral and carved her into the stars. She still travels to visit them, pulling the earth into summer and winter as she greets her mothers in the sky.

*Scholars debate what this mysterious sickness could have been, with no luck yet.

(The latin is me typing divided daughter into google translate lol. also i drew this in paint with my mouse o.o sorry)
m8aFFXb.gif
@Cielka Here's my second entry! I call it "Mantled Star-stream" [img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/4bfe/f/2015/266/1/a/mantledstarstream_by_thebluepickle-d9aor4b.png[/img]
@Cielka

Here's my second entry! I call it "Mantled Star-stream"
mantledstarstream_by_thebluepickle-d9aor4b.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o4_r1_250.png
> regius, he/him/they

> early 20s, sleepyhead
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18 19